Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010?

Posted in the Columbus Forum

Comments (Page 686)

Showing posts 13,701 - 13,720 of25,383
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
free

Sidney, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

The moron Liberal inmates are running the asylum. For Christ sakes !

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

UdintBuildThat wrote:
<quoted text>
It was 74 degrees here. Perfect for taking the bass boat out and putting it up on plane for about 62 mph.
It was near 70 here Mon and Tues. Little cooler today. Around 44, seems like. Weird temps.
free

Sidney, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

ED Shultz is a big dumb mass !

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Polls also show that a VAST majority of people did NOT want Obama care either but the representatives of those same people rammed it thru anyway.
I won't even get into the clearly class warfare angle or how little effective $'s will come from the 'top 2%' that already pay the bulk of ALL taxes but the Dems/Progressives want to deprive them of even more.
Sorry, Pops, but that is not the whole story. Just depends how you ask the questions.

Poll: Most Americans want to keep Obamacare in some form www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2012... -...

Poll: Most Americans want to keep Obamacare in some form. Posted by Suzy Khimm on July 1, 2012 at 1:00 pm. Smaller Text Larger Text Text Size; Print ...

Poll: Fewer Support Obamacare Repeal - ABC News abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/11/poll-fe...

Nov 13, 2012 ... A record low number of American voters want to see the Affordable Care Act – Obamacare – repealed, according to a new post-election poll ...

[ More results from abcnews.go.com ]
titonton divaunte pants

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Amanda Slap wrote:
Yes they blame Republicans.
Failed Republican Economics are at the Root of America's ...
Washters Will Blame Congressional GOP if Debt ... they would blame congressional Republicans if talks on the “fiscal cliff” failed.
Boehner Counters Obama Deficit-Cutting Deal With /boehner-counters-obama-defici t-cutting-dea...
2 days ago ... If they hold out and we go over the cliff they will be blamed for the economic failure.....
I didn't know obama was a republican. Really though the last link you posted stated that republicans aren't doing enough? If its their fault, and they dont want to offer much, WHY is that a problem? Just write it without them, speed up the recovery, and put em away. Again though, it republicans fault for a war dems voted for, increased spending, bailouts., and cutting taxes right? Well obama does the same thing, so why does it seem to work differently under him. It dosent. The fed reserve sets the monitary policy and obama appointed many big banksters just as bush did in his cabinet.
Duke for Mayor

Uniontown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

UdintBuildThat wrote:
<quoted text>
It was 74 degrees here. Perfect for taking the bass boat out and putting it up on plane for about 62 mph.
Was I talking to you? Put your hand down and shut up.

woof

Since: Aug 12

Acworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Was I talking to you? Put your hand down and shut up.
woof
Go perform a physical impossibility to yourself!

My bass boat gets just a hair over 2 MPG by the way ;-)
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Polls also show that a VAST majority of people did NOT want Obama care either but the representatives of those same people rammed it thru anyway.
I won't even get into the clearly class warfare angle or how little effective $'s will come from the 'top 2%' that already pay the bulk of ALL taxes but the Dems/Progressives want to deprive them of even more.
Not that you will understand, but these are two entirely different questions regarding polling.

The question that was presented was "Why, oh why, do you liberals claim that the GOP is getting blamed for this stalemate." The answer was, look at the polls. Just like the polls gave an accurate picture of the presidential election, the polls are giving an accurate picture of the opinion of the people on this question. I know. Data. Icky.

On the Healthcare Act, it really matters what poll and what the questions are. A poll that asks, "Do you approve" is not going to give a clear result because many on the left don't approve of the law either; it's too conservative. That doesn't equate to those folks wanting it repealed. Try looking at poll numbers on the separate components of the ACA. Most of them have approval of around 60%.

Anyway, that's old news. It's law. Keep the conversation current and relevant.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Which is exactly what the people with real money will do...take it off shore. So what will be left to tax of the top 2%?
Answer...very little. Taxing them more will produce even less than the guesstimates suppose.
No it's not. Anyone with any real money already took it offshore years ago. The one's who are blathering about it now are all talk.
Duke for Mayor

Uniontown, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
No it's not. Anyone with any real money already took it offshore years ago. The one's who are blathering about it now are all talk.
Citizenship taxes indexed to wealth, regardless where it sits.

Don't wanna pay?
Revoke your citizenship, and get 60 days to leave.

End the charade.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Top Two Percent To GOP: Tax Us

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/05/top-...
Save Yourself

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

UdintBuildThat wrote:
<quoted text>
74 in December you say? If only science had a name for what you are seeing right in front of your ignorant eyes. Considering you are the modern version of a flat earther, I guess it doesn't matter what science says anyway. Tell us a story about a water walking Jewish zombie.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they are that smart. When given the choice of believing Rush and Fox or their own lying eyes, they go with what they see.
Remember when Fox told you, right up until about 11PM on election night that Romney was going to win in a landslide? Remember that? Didn't you learn anything at all from that embarrassment?
I don't know. I have a job so I couldn't stay up all night watching the elections. I don't know what Fox said.

What I do know is that there is a difference between making a prediction and stating fact such as what Fox and Limbaugh do. See, if more people would go to Limbaugh and/or Fox, they would have learned that taxing people making over 250 K would only run the government for less than 9 days per year. I bet anything that MSNBC, CNN and others wouldn't mention that because it's fact. MSM doesn't like to present those facts because they are honest facts.

Instead, they leave people to believe that taxing people other than themselves will be the solution to our problems. There are no spending issues, just issues of who the government can rob to make more government dependents out of people. That's what you learn listening to Limbaugh or watching Bill O'.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me try to break this down for you.
President Obama thinks that tax rates for 98% of Americans should stay as they are now.
The GOP thinks that the tax rates for those very same 98% of Americans should stay as they are now.
They AGREE on that.
President Obama will sign that legislation today without any condition.
The GOP won't pass it.
Reasonable people don't have any problem looking at that scenario and knowing who is at fault.
Ah yes, the typical liberal one-way street.

Well, if DumBama will let everybody keep the tax rates they have now, the Republicans will sign it in a minute. If DumBama doesn't, then we know who is to blame for the other 98% of us who will see our tax increases.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Which is exactly what the people with real money will do...take it off shore. So what will be left to tax of the top 2%?
Answer...very little. Taxing them more will produce even less than the guesstimates suppose.
I own a small company with 75 employees. I am considering moving my company overseas partly because of Obama Care. Now they want to increase my personal taxes as well. That does it. If they are going to take more from me, then I'm staying in the US.

This message was brought to you by the fantasy world of liberals.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, Pops, but that is not the whole story. Just depends how you ask the questions.
Poll: Most Americans want to keep Obamacare in some form www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2012... -...
Poll: Most Americans want to keep Obamacare in some form. Posted by Suzy Khimm on July 1, 2012 at 1:00 pm. Smaller Text Larger Text Text Size; Print ...
Poll: Fewer Support Obamacare Repeal - ABC News abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/11/poll-fe...
Nov 13, 2012 ... A record low number of American voters want to see the Affordable Care Act – Obamacare – repealed, according to a new post-election poll ...
[ More results from abcnews.go.com ]
I agree with what you have posted but the word to key on in my post is 'did' not want. Back when Nancy Pillosi said, "you have to vote for it to find out what is in it". No one but a gambler would bid on a sealed box. But it was still rammed thru in a partisan way & OUR representatives gave themselves a waiver!! That wasn't to save money. It was because in comparision to their med plans it totally stinks and they don't want to go backwards. IF it is so good, it should affect them too.Double standards.

Granted that there are some good things in the 2000 pages but in my case, I am totally cynical of the federal government & largely state governments running any such program in a fiscally responsible way. The track record is basically zero.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The only tax rates that aided in the financial success of this country during Clinton's time was the lowering of capital gains. DumBama wants to increase that along with other taxes.
My point is this: if we fall over the fiscal cliff, it would not be the Republicans doing alone. If DumBama was so concerned about the 98% of us, he would just give in to keeping the tax rates for all. But that's not his agenda. His agenda is to allow the fiscal collapse to happen and then (with the help of the media) blame it all on Republicans. The media is reporting that this all lies at the feet of the Republicans--not DumBama. This is why I say you have to listen to Fox or Limbaugh to get the other side of the story.
Republicans are doing all they can to keep the poor economy going or trying to make improvements. DumBama is once again thinking party first--country second. Increase taxes on our enemies--the wealthy people. Many of them don't vote for us.
I pretty much agree but I no longer listen to Rush & haven't for years. He is pompous & denegrating & does NOT have a single humble bone in his body. "With 1/2 my brain tied behind my back..." just to make it fair! That's not even funny. It is totally arrogant & makes the opposition even more entrenched. I would rather listen to Huckaby or Hannity. And they do their research too.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Are Americans that dumb?
Too many are. They are too busy or lazy or both, to get past the sound bite & digest the core of the issues.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me try to break this down for you.
President Obama thinks that tax rates for 98% of Americans should stay as they are now.
The GOP thinks that the tax rates for those very same 98% of Americans should stay as they are now.
They AGREE on that.
President Obama will sign that legislation today without any condition.
The GOP won't pass it.
Reasonable people don't have any problem looking at that scenario and knowing who is at fault.
Let me break this down for you. You're NOT quite right. The repubs want the tax rate to stay the same for 100% Obama wants to exclude the top 2%, that's HIS condition.
Since you can't see that scenario, I guess that does NOT make you one of the reasonable ones on this issue.
It is guesstimated that the top 2% will be paying 80-85 billion more a year. Many are owners or heads of international companies. Do you think that most will leave their wealth open to such pillaging? Of course not. And that includes the Kennedys, Gates, Bush's, Soros, Clintons etc.
They will protect their money with trust funds & overseas investments. They are not stupid or they would not be wealthy. That is why doing away with or diminishing loop holes would be better than blatantly chasing their money away. It will do more good on shore than off shore.
Save Yourself

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Pops wrote:
<quoted text> Let me break this down for you. You're NOT quite right. The repubs want the tax rate to stay the same for 100% Obama wants to exclude the top 2%, that's HIS condition.
Since you can't see that scenario, I guess that does NOT make you one of the reasonable ones on this issue.
It is guesstimated that the top 2% will be paying 80-85 billion more a year. Many are owners or heads of international companies. Do you think that most will leave their wealth open to such pillaging? Of course not. And that includes the Kennedys, Gates, Bush's, Soros, Clintons etc.
They will protect their money with trust funds & overseas investments. They are not stupid or they would not be wealthy. That is why doing away with or diminishing loop holes would be better than blatantly chasing their money away. It will do more good on shore than off shore.
Some of dumbest, most ineffective people I have ever met have been very wealthy. You have obviously confused greed for IQ.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 13,701 - 13,720 of25,383
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance