Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010?

Posted in the Columbus Forum

Comments (Page 266)

Showing posts 5,301 - 5,320 of25,331
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Duke for Mayor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

Kramers Attorney wrote:
<quoted text>As I said, wait until WE force you to buy something you don't want and/or can't afford.
What you describe is absolutely not what the Roberts decision says.

Read the first 51 pages.

woof

Since: Mar 11

Woodruff, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

Since this is now a taxation issue now, do you all realize it won't take 60% to repeal it now?
Also, as a taxation issue, there are no filibusters allowed either.
What Roberts did was set this up so it's as easy as possible to repeal it now. It's up to the voters in November now.
chris

Circleville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

yeah ted needs to win
chris

Circleville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

are president sux any body would of a done a better job than his ass
Che Reagan Christ

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess you don't know the difference between state laws and Constitution and federal laws and Constitution.
I don't? Why don't you explain it to me then?

You didn't guess whose quote that was about the individual mandate.
Che Reagan Christ

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

chris wrote:
are president sux any body would of a done a better job than his ass
Even your elementary school grammar teacher?
Duke for Mayor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Kennesaw71 wrote:
Since this is now a taxation issue now, do you all realize it won't take 60% to repeal it now?
What Roberts did was set this up so it's as easy as possible to repeal it now. It's up to the voters in November now.
I do realize that you have your head up your ass.

http://www.topix.com/forum/state/oh/TKNS52UCU...

woof
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

free wrote:
Why would you make a dumb mass questioned statement like that, other than the fact that you can ? Do you think Black minorities lean "American White" ? Latino ? Asian ? European Caucasion ?
Do you think the Muslim Brotherhood will recruit "American Whites" ? Latinos ? Asians ? European Caucasions ? Or Black Americans ?........Don't look now Che, Middle East Muslims are breeding & increasing in numbers in the United States. How long do you think it will take befoire they take a shot at us ? Twin Towers I ? Or Twin Towers September 11 part II ?
In the meantime, Muslim Terrorists continuously cause chaos to draw militaries into battles & wars that deplete their resources and troops. Do you think the Crusades were fought on European soil, at the out set ? How long did it take for the Muslims to invade Europe ?
It's hilarious to see Middle East transplants in England speak with British accents...
<quoted text>
I'm sorry. I was under the impression that you were insane. Thanks for clearing that up.
tommy

Shelby, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry. I was under the impression that you were insane. Thanks for clearing that up.
Norman thanks for the bj today. Remember the garage not the front door norman
Afternoon delight again tomorrow Reagan norm Deplume
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Kramers Attorney wrote:
<quoted text>As I said, wait until WE force you to buy something you don't want and/or can't afford.
I'm not too worried about it.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

free wrote:
Why would you make a dumb mass questioned statement like that, other than the fact that you can ? Do you think Black minorities lean "American White" ? Latino ? Asian ? European Caucasion ?
Do you think the Muslim Brotherhood will recruit "American Whites" ? Latinos ? Asians ? European Caucasions ? Or Black Americans ?........Don't look now Che, Middle East Muslims are breeding & increasing in numbers in the United States. How long do you think it will take befoire they take a shot at us ? Twin Towers I ? Or Twin Towers September 11 part II ?
In the meantime, Muslim Terrorists continuously cause chaos to draw militaries into battles & wars that deplete their resources and troops. Do you think the Crusades were fought on European soil, at the out set ? How long did it take for the Muslims to invade Europe ?
It's hilarious to see Middle East transplants in England speak with British accents...
<quoted text>
And the teabagger paranoia begins.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't? Why don't you explain it to me then?
You didn't guess whose quote that was about the individual mandate.
Then I guess you were not reading between the lines. I'm assuming that it was Romney's quote which is why I made the statement about constitutions.

The US Constitution has a list of wonderful things our federal government is to provide for us. You know, things like roads, postal service and military protection. Anything outside of that is a guess. Some on your side have stated that if our spending today is not listed in the Constitution, it certainly doesn't say Congress can't spend on these things. On the other hand, if our founders wanted Congress to have unlimited spending, then why did they list their responsibilities in the first place? If our founders wanted Congress to have unlimited spending, then I'm sure it would have been written that way.

States on the other hand (back in the day) were designed to operate like individual countries, and only unite on federal issues such as protection, roads and so forth. Therefore, all states had their own Constitution, and states can do as they please be it starting a public retirement plan, healthcare plan, welfare, and so on. But that is not the responsibility of your federal government.

Why was our system of government designed this way? So that we wouldn't have what we have today, and that is a massive entitlement machine that is virtually unstoppable. Our federal government is a powerhouse that millions depend upon. That dependency empowers politicians, and this is something our founders never wanted. The larger the government, the smaller the citizen.
Reality Bites

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

What an exciting day for the least among us. Comrade Pelosi multi trillion dollar law will transform the Best Health Care system in the World to Govt Cheese Style Health Care.

Tax and Spend and Borrow.
Tax and Spend and Borrow.

Our pitiful American children and grand children won't stand a change.

Obama truly is the Less for More President. Way Way Way MORE for Way Way Way Less...

All Hail Obama......Pay Up Suckers.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

Female wrote:
WHOOO!!! HOOO!!!! We have a wonderful President. He made History today...
He made history several times during his term. First President to ever devalue the country from a three star credit rating to a two star. He made records in the amount of debt in the shortest period of time. He has record number of food stamp recipients in our history. The first President to do absolutely nothing, and receive a Nobel Peace Prize before he even warmed up his seat in the oval office. Not sure, but I believe he also has the most rounds of golf as well.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Kennesaw71 wrote:
Just think 401k is a tax issue.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Kennesaw71 wrote:
Even if and when DumBama gets kicked out of office, it does not change the ruling that is a new precedent in this country. If I understand this correctly, what the SC said is that the federal government has the right to tax people into submission for whatever project or law they decided to create. In my opinion, this decision doubled the federal government power over citizenry in this country, and reduced our liberty by half.
Duke for Mayor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if and when DumBama gets kicked out of office, it does not change the ruling that is a new precedent in this country. If I understand this correctly, what the SC said is that the federal government has the right to tax people into submission for whatever project or law they decided to create. In my opinion, this decision doubled the federal government power over citizenry in this country, and reduced our liberty by half.
No, that's not really what Roberts said. Referring to the Federal Powers to tax and spend enumerated in the Constitution, he writes:

"Our permissive reading of these powers is explained in part by a general reticence to invalidate the acts of the Nation's elected leaders. "Proper respect for a co-ordinate branch of the government" requires that we strike down an Act of Congress only if "the lack of constitutional authority to pass the [act] in question is clearly demonstrated." US v. Harris. Members of this Court are vested with the authority to interpret the law; We possess neither the expertise nor the prerogative to make policy judgments. Those decisions are entrusted to our Nation's elected leaders, who can be thrown out of office if the people disagree with them. It is not our job to protect the people from the consequences of their political choices."

http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/11pdf/11...

woof
rider

Gwinn, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

COINTELPRO - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
COINTELPRO (an acronym for Counter Intelligence Program) was a series of
covert, and often illegal, projects conducted by the United States Federal Bureau
of ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COINTELPRO - 185k -
Operation Mockingbird - Spartacus Educational
One of the most important journalists under the control of Operation Mockingbird
was Joseph Alsop, whose articles appeared in over 300 different newspapers.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKmocki ...- 212k -
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that's not really what Roberts said. Referring to the Federal Powers to tax and spend enumerated in the Constitution, he writes:
"Our permissive reading of these powers is explained in part by a general reticence to invalidate the acts of the Nation's elected leaders. "Proper respect for a co-ordinate branch of the government" requires that we strike down an Act of Congress only if "the lack of constitutional authority to pass the [act] in question is clearly demonstrated." US v. Harris. Members of this Court are vested with the authority to interpret the law; We possess neither the expertise nor the prerogative to make policy judgments. Those decisions are entrusted to our Nation's elected leaders, who can be thrown out of office if the people disagree with them. It is not our job to protect the people from the consequences of their political choices."
http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/11pdf/11...
woof
Exactly what I said. Of course, I used a little brevity, but it still means the same thing. In other words, if Republicans gain leadership of all branches of government, and then decide to make gun ownership a law for all non-convicted adult felons in this country, or pay a gun tax, it's constitutional by this ruling. The same thing goes for installing solar panels, windmills, or perhaps a hybrid vehicle. Where does it stop? The federal government now has the authority to tax you into submission against your will on agendas promoted by the party at large.

Since: Mar 11

Woodruff, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

The Democrats are going to have a hard time running into November claiming the American people need to vote for them to preserve Obamacare. It remains deeply unpopular with the American people. If they want to make a vote for them a vote for keeping a massive tax increase, let them have at it.

This decision totally removes a growing left-wing talking point that suddenly they must vote for Obama because of judges. The Supreme Court as a November issue for the left is gone. For the right? That sound you hear is the marching of libertarians into Camp Romney, with noses held, knowing that the libertarian and conservative coalitions must unite to defeat Obama and Obamacare.

Congressional Republicans need to shut down the individual mandate. Force the Democrats on the record about the mandate. Defund Obamacare. This now, by necessity, is a political fight and the GOP sure as hell should fight.

60% of Americans agree with them on the issue. And guess what? The Democrats have been saying for a while that individual pieces of Obamacare are quite popular. With John Roberts’ opinion, the repeal fight takes place on GOP turf, not Democrat turf. The all or nothing repeal has always been better ground for the GOP and now John Roberts has forced everyone onto that ground.

It seems very, very clear to me in reviewing John Roberts’ decision that he is playing a much longer game than us and can afford to with life tenure. He probably just handed Mitt Romney the White House.

Furthermore, go back to 2009. Olympia Snowe was the deciding vote to get Obamacare out of the Senate Committee. Had she voted no, we’d not be here now.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 5,301 - 5,320 of25,331
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

51 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Congress Cost FYI 4 min Catman Dave 85
Is Nevada rancher a freeloader? 15 min Duke for Mayor 163
Check out the map......KKK and hate groups incr... 27 min Free Pizza 4 U 36
question 32 min Real Tea Party 2
Kansas shooting: Anti White Racism 55 min Duke for Mayor 7
HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius Resigning 1 hr Duke for Mayor 123
why is chelsea clinton so ugly? 1 hr the real dogman 26
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 2 hr Why 1,974
•••