Who do you support for Governor in Oh...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#32515 Aug 8, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd take your word for it, but recent events tell me to believe otherwise. Watching Reagan destroy the middle class with the same agenda you fight for on a daily basis probably didn't help your cause a whole lot, though. Trickle, trickle...anything yet, Gipper? No? Keep selling it. We'll let you know when any of us are buying it.
Reagan didnt destroy the Middle Class, it was the Liberal Democrats New Left Liberalism that destroyed the Middle Class that they put in place years ago in the 1960's which Reagan had problems with too like many Liberals from the Old Left did which is the reason why Reagan Left the Democrat Party for the Republican which FDR would have too and like Reagan said he didnt leave the Democrat Party, the Democrat Party left him. Another thing if you look at Reagan's Economcial Policy, it was no different than Liberal FDR's Economical Policy which makes Reagan a Liberal too.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#32516 Aug 8, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Are there any moon men involved in your Liberals voted for Romney theories? Bible thumpers voted for Romney. Also see Reagan and GW Bush.
Yes, it is a know fact that no body was running against Obama in the state primaries so that allowed the Liberal Democrats to claim Republican in the State Primaries and vote for Romney which they did and if the Liberal Democrats were not allowed to do that, Romney would have never won in alot of the State Primaries which everyone knows.
ino

Waverly, OH

#32518 Aug 8, 2014
http://www.westernjournalism.com/anti-israel-...

This was neat as hell. Muslim Efers got their asses handed to them.

xxxretarded

Van Wert, OH

#32519 Aug 8, 2014
Van Fart loser wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. I was telling Che Che how it's liberals that constantly want to talk race--not conservatives.
I even went as far as to bet on who could hold out the longest not discussing or bringing up race. It only took one day, and the liberals were once again talking race. They can't live without it.
Right, and we'll never forget how you said "most blacks are too dumb to understand politics", then accused others of race-baiting and divisiveness. Sorry, but there's just NO WAY you can spin that into a non-racist comment, and I'm here to keep rubbing your fat diabetic face in it like you're a bad little puppy dog who just pooped in the middle of the room. Yep, you're just another braindead, uneducated trucker, gleefully parroting your fellow racist rightwing blogger douchebags.
Now, I'll let you get back to the "real" issues, like Van Farts(whatever that means), Obamaphones, secret Muslims, and gun grabbing invisible commies...
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#32520 Aug 8, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>The bible is not a historical document.
1st, let me say that I do NOT practice any particular religious idiom.
But I'll add that the 'bible' is one of the earliest written series of words so IF you find a handful of witnesses from 3000BCE until 500CE to back up what you claim. Then I will allow some validity to your benign statement.
ino

Waverly, OH

#32521 Aug 8, 2014
ino

Waverly, OH

#32522 Aug 8, 2014
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#32523 Aug 8, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>The bible is a work of fiction. It's not a historical document.
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>1st, let me say that I do NOT practice any particular religious idiom.
But I'll add that the 'bible' is one of the earliest written series of words so IF you find a handful of witnesses from 3000BCE until 500CE to back up what you claim. Then I will allow some validity to your benign statement.
Pops, I have read a lot of religious books. The early ones were often spoken as stories, and passed from one person to the next.. Storytellers often use bits and pieces of earlier stories, to make their current story better. The Bible is a collection of stories by several different authors. These authors repeated bits of earlier stories in the Bible. The story of the flood seems to be a retelling of an earlier version contained in the Epic Of Gilgamesh, which was written more than a 1000 years before the birth of Christ. The story of Christ seems to lift various details from earlier god stories.(For example, Dionysus (the god of wine) was born of a virgin mother. He healed the sick and turned water to wine. He was killed but was resurrected and became an immortal god. Does any of this sound familiar?)

Also, some books of both the Old and New Testaments were later removed from the Bible, because scholars believed they were made up.(These are known as the "pseudepigrapha" and the"apocrypha.") A good example is the "Infancy Gospel of Thomas", where baby Jesus delivers a lot of really crazy miracles (which I'm guessing the early Christians found entertaining!)

"The text describes the life of the child Jesus, with fanciful, and sometimes malevolent, supernatural events, comparable to the trickster nature of the god-child in many a Greek myth. One of the episodes involves Jesus making clay birds, which he then proceeds to bring to life, an act also attributed to Jesus in Quran 5:110,[1] although Jesus's age at the time of the event is not specified in the Quran. In another episode, a child disperses water that Jesus has collected. Jesus, aged one, then curses him, which causes the child's body to wither into a corpse. Another child dies when Jesus curses him when he apparently accidentally bumps into Jesus, throws a stone at Jesus, or punches Jesus (depending on the translation).

When Joseph and Mary's neighbors complain, they are miraculously struck blind by Jesus. Jesus then starts receiving lessons, but arrogantly tries to teach the teacher instead, upsetting the teacher who suspects supernatural origins. Jesus is amused by this suspicion, which he confirms, and revokes all his earlier apparent cruelty. Subsequently he resurrects a friend who is killed when he falls from a roof, and heals another who cuts his foot with an axe."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infancy_Gospel_o...

You can see why woo-boy (and many others) consider the Bible to be fiction. I think of it more as a fictionalized history. But it's hard to know which parts are real and which parts are made up.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#32524 Aug 9, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Pops, I have read a lot of religious books. The early ones were often spoken as stories, and passed from one person to the next.. Storytellers often use bits and pieces of earlier stories, to make their current story better. The Bible is a collection of stories by several different authors. These authors repeated bits of earlier stories in the Bible. The story of the flood seems to be a retelling of an earlier version contained in the Epic Of Gilgamesh, which was written more than a 1000 years before the birth of Christ. The story of Christ seems to lift various details from earlier god stories.(For example, Dionysus (the god of wine) was born of a virgin mother. He healed the sick and turned water to wine. He was killed but was resurrected and became an immortal god. Does any of this sound familiar?)
My concern about scriptures is that they've been rewritten, translated and interpreted dozens of times. It's not like we have a DVD of what went on in those days.

Kind of like if you have a sore knee and tell your next door neighbor about it. He then adds his two cents to the story when he tells another neighbor, and down the neighborhood it goes. By the time the story gets to the tenth person, you had your leg removed because of gangrene.

I don't question whether there is a God or not, I question what his words and intention actually are for us. I trust God, but I don't trust man, and man wrote the Holy books regardless of what religion you believe in.
d pantz

Toledo, OH

#32525 Aug 9, 2014
There are even gay bible thumpers now. Why doesn't Canton go ballistic on them about how there isn't a god?
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>I was just trying topoint out to Canton how stupid his "bible' voters claim was. Obama claims to be Christian so how sensible was that statement? And even when someone brings up"The Bible" I often ask, Which bible? IF they didn't have differences, each one would not exist.
I try to be pragmatic when possible. Like, the good thing about Obama 'winning' is that he can't run again.
xxxretarded

Van Wert, OH

#32526 Aug 9, 2014
d pantz wrote:
There are even gay bible thumpers now. <quoted text>
Right, because "gay bible thumpers" didn't exist until Fox News did a report on them...
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#32527 Aug 9, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the way liberals feel about the US Constitution too. It doesn't make it true.
All of those cases in court all around the country all point directly to conservatives stomping all over the constitution.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#32528 Aug 9, 2014
ino wrote:
http://www.westernjournalism.c om/anti-israel-rally-new-york- quickly-turns-pro-israel-rally /
Are you watching the sky looking for those Russian bombers that are circling overhead?
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#32529 Aug 9, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Pops, I have read a lot of religious books. The early ones were often spoken as stories, and passed from one person to the next.. Storytellers often use bits and pieces of earlier stories, to make their current story better. The Bible is a collection of stories by several different authors. These authors repeated bits of earlier stories in the Bible. The story of the flood seems to be a retelling of an earlier version contained in the Epic Of Gilgamesh, which was written more than a 1000 years before the birth of Christ.
I realize all that you have posted, along with very very few people could read & write. It is also largely human nature to embellish or omit.
Then there is different hand writings/penmanship styles. deterioration of writing mediums etc. Our own founding documents are losing clarity & they are much much newer. But then I know that you are aware of this, that is why I am not 'talking down' to you like so many on here talk down to others.
Don't let the fact that I don't write booklets on here lead you to think that I don't know more than I post. TY
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#32530 Aug 9, 2014
ino wrote:
http://www.westernjournalism.c om/anti-israel-rally-new-york- quickly-turns-pro-israel-rally /
As I believe that you know, One of the things in error with the initial protesters is that there is NO Palestinian nation to free.
Canton

Canton, OH

#32531 Aug 9, 2014
d pantz wrote:
There are even gay bible thumpers now. Why doesn't Canton go ballistic on them about how there isn't a god? <quoted text>
Just like with commies and Muslims, I have never met one in my entire life so why would I care? I don't. Religion is a personal journey and only a fool would condone it on a corporate level like Hobby Lobby. That's where you guys come in...

Also, since I trust you are a person who can back up your claims, how about you go ahead and show us where I claimed there was no god? Should be easy enough to copy and paste it. Ready? Go....

Oopsie This isn't Fox News and your bogus claims without providing a source don't fly here.
Canton

Canton, OH

#32532 Aug 9, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> As I believe that you know, One of the things in error with the initial protesters is that there is NO Palestinian nation to free.
Right...because you said so and we all know how you Conservatives are experts at every subject brought up. For instance, did you know that truck drivers know more about the climate than experts with masters degree in the field of global weather patterns? Now remind us again what America gets out of the billions of dollars in aid we send to Israel each year and then explain to people who aren't Christian and have no real belief about the Jewish people from a Biblical religious standpoint, who pays for those billions of dollars in aid?
Canton

Canton, OH

#32533 Aug 9, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>I was just trying topoint out to Canton how stupid his "bible' voters claim was. Obama claims to be Christian so how sensible was that statement? And even when someone brings up"The Bible" I often ask, Which bible? IF they didn't have differences, each one would not exist.
I try to be pragmatic when possible. Like, the good thing about Obama 'winning' is that he can't run again.
You are a moron and once again have no clue what you are babbling about. I personally heard an old woman once say "America is my church and George Bush is my preacher." People blatantly voted for Bush and Romney with their Bibles and there are entire threads on this forum before the elections of Christians trying to sell Romney as "God's choice". Just because you are too feeble to wrap your head around something, and that covers most things, in no way indicates that it is false.

Here, let me simplify things for you...
Imagine trying to explain how a lawn mower works to a cat. You are the cat in this scenario.
ino

Waverly, OH

#32534 Aug 9, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Are you watching the sky looking for those Russian bombers that are circling overhead?
By your idiotic reply we can see you didn't watch it.
ino

Waverly, OH

#32535 Aug 9, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> As I believe that you know, One of the things in error with the initial protesters is that there is NO Palestinian nation to free.
Who ever said the Muslim terrorist ever made sense?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 400-Plus Arrested In Statewide Drug 11 min They cannot kill ... 2
OH ANNIE! Ashley Madison called…. 30 min Pope Che Reagan C... 9
News Coming out for Ginther 32 min They cannot kill ... 3
10 YEARS AFTER Katrina! 42 min yeah baby 3
Man shot near Ferguson protest….. 1 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 137
They're Shooting News Reporters On Live TV 3 hr Just A Guess 34
News Columbus schools administrator who changed data... 3 hr Big Johnson 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages