Who do you support for Governor in Oh...
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#32136 Jul 27, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
The POTUS is elected to try to accomplish the goals that the candidate set forth in the campaign. The election determines which agenda is followed. Do you expect a candidate to run on a platform of being anti-abortion and then pursue a pro-choice agenda once elected? Your "he's not representing the people" charge is naïve and uninformed.
As you said, HE is to try accomplish goals set forth as a candidate. You named only 1 issue & even that 'point' makes him a liar. Is that any good?
He has also changed many campaign promises with gay marriage, immigration, jobs, debt & deficit, foreign relations & more.
I won't hold him responsible for his promises about the ongoing wars of the time because candidates lack a lot of info until they take office & have their staff in place.
I am not naive, I just obviously have higher standards & expectations than you do. And I am glad that one of us has high standards.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#32137 Jul 27, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Nice spin job.
I don't expect a reasonable answer but, what spin?
woo-boy

Van Wert, OH

#32138 Jul 27, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> As you said, HE is to try accomplish goals set forth as a candidate. You named only 1 issue & even that 'point' makes him a liar. Is that any good?
He has also changed many campaign promises with gay marriage, immigration, jobs, debt & deficit, foreign relations & more.
I won't hold him responsible for his promises about the ongoing wars of the time because candidates lack a lot of info until they take office & have their staff in place.
I am not naive, I just obviously have higher standards & expectations than you do. And I am glad that one of us has high standards.
Keep going.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#32139 Jul 27, 2014
<quoted text>
The POTUS is elected to try to accomplish the goals that the candidate set forth in the campaign. The election determines which agenda is followed. Do you expect a candidate to run on a platform of being anti-abortion and then pursue a pro-choice agenda once elected? Your "he's not representing the people" charge is naïve and uninformed.
So a President is only supposed to cater to his constituents and to hell with the people that didn't elect him? After all, that's exactly what DumBama is doing.

And if you believe that, then don't complain about the next President if he or she is a conservative and only carries out conservative agendas.
half breed

Lima, OH

#32140 Jul 27, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The best colleges in the world can't teach common sense. You either have it or you don't.
Well, not everyone was born with the inherent "skills" required to be a whiny, racist, uninsured pack mule...
d pantz

Taylor, MI

#32141 Jul 27, 2014
<quoted text>
LMAO! What goals does he set forth and more importantly why? To get elected by the people, huh dummy?
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#32142 Jul 27, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> As you said, HE is to try accomplish goals set forth as a candidate. You named only 1 issue & even that 'point' makes him a liar. Is that any good?
You being displeased with him is a bit of a different discussion than your claim that he has failed in his supposed duty to represent 310 million people, don't you think?
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#32143 Jul 27, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
So a President is only supposed to cater to his constituents and to hell with the people that didn't elect him? After all, that's exactly what DumBama is doing.
And if you believe that, then don't complain about the next President if he or she is a conservative and only carries out conservative agendas.
That's pretty much the way it works, isn't it? I don't remember GOP presidents advancing liberal agendas, do you? Elections have winners and losers.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#32144 Jul 27, 2014
half breed wrote:
<quoted text>Well, not everyone was born with the inherent "skills" required to be a whiny, racist, uninsured pack mule...
Actually, they are. The smart ones grow beyond that around 6th grade.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#32145 Jul 27, 2014
<quoted text>
You being displeased with him is a bit of a different discussion than your claim that he has failed in his supposed duty to represent 310 million people, don't you think?
Here's a twist by you. So you seem to admit that there is reason to be disappointed in Obama? You also seem to admit that Obama is free to switch (lie) from his campaign promises & that that is OK with you.
I believe that we should not be surprised when politicians & used car sales people lie but that does NOT make it acceptable, except by people with low standards.
NOT keeping one's promises IS failure. Failure of character, failure of honor, failure of ethics & failure to be honest. Don't you care about those issues?
Now don't bring up Nixon, LBJ, Bush & others. that would simply be obsfucation plus they are history, let's work with today & tomorrow.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#32146 Jul 27, 2014
<quoted text>
That's pretty much the way it works, isn't it? I don't remember GOP presidents advancing liberal agendas, do you? Elections have winners and losers.
Not true. Among other things, TARP & banking regulation changes were Liberal agendas. What was that presidents party affiliation?
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#32147 Jul 27, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Here's a twist by you. So you seem to admit that there is reason to be disappointed in Obama? You also seem to admit that Obama is free to switch (lie) from his campaign promises & that that is OK with you.
I believe that we should not be surprised when politicians & used car sales people lie but that does NOT make it acceptable, except by people with low standards.
NOT keeping one's promises IS failure. Failure of character, failure of honor, failure of ethics & failure to be honest. Don't you care about those issues?
Now don't bring up Nixon, LBJ, Bush & others. that would simply be obsfucation plus they are history, let's work with today & tomorrow.
All I did was point out how naïve and uninformed your complaint that Obama was failing to represent 310 million people and then pointed out how you changed the subject after I did so.

The failure is that of the people who somehow believe that a POTUS has singular power to implement the principles of his platform. A platform is goals, not promises, no matter the vernacular they may be expressed in. President Obama, like any president before him, would have implemented every single campaign position he took if he had sole authority to do so. That's not how the system is built.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#32148 Jul 27, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
No, there are a few people that I believe such as Old Guy because I'm sure he's retired. I don't know if Pops is retired, works part time or full time. But it seems they are elderly people not just because of their names, but because of the maturity level of their posts.
I believe Reality because his political stance matches what he claims about himself. He claims he works hard, has a good amount of money but not wealthy, and is against DumBama and social leeches always out to confiscate his earnings.
Speaking for myself, no, I am not retired but Nixon's auto-pen signature is on my discharge papers.
I still clearly remember the Nixon-Kennedy TV debates in 1960 on a fluttering picture on a B&W TV.
Can't quite retire yet because of a couple failed business ventures. But I tried. No regrets, just disappointments. If either venture was successful, I would be on easy street. Chit happens, at least I had 2 chances. That's cool. Many people do not have an opportunity to take any chance.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#32149 Jul 27, 2014
<quoted text>
Actually I do remember. Why is it we can no longer buy regular light bulbs? I would say that was George Bush. Why is it diesel fuel is so much more expensive now because of lower sulfur restrictions? That's right, George Bush again. Oh, and lets not forget a little thingy you on the left bring up about Obama phones. The program was started with government paid landline phones by Ronald Reagan. Then George W Bush expanded the program to cover cell phones.

Speaking of Reagan, didn't he raise taxes and grant amnesty to Mexicans at the time? Certainly we cannot forget the largest government program expansion by George W Bush called Medicare Part D. That was before DumBama topped him with Commie Care. The housing crisis? Yes, Bush joined in with helping minorities that could not get homes secure a loan.

I don't want to be too partisan here because Clinton also gave into Republican demands and requests. NAFTA, Welfare Reform, lowering capital gains taxes just to name a few.

The point is you are completely wrong. Other Presidents did work with what they had, not work alone like DumBama. They took a little, gave a little, nobody got everything but everybody got something. It's something real leaders do.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#32150 Jul 27, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Not true. Among other things, TARP & banking regulation changes were Liberal agendas. What was that presidents party affiliation?
TARP was in reaction to an emergency, not part of any political agenda.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#32151 Jul 27, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I do remember. Why is it we can no longer buy regular light bulbs? I would say that was George Bush. Why is it diesel fuel is so much more expensive now because of lower sulfur restrictions? That's right, George Bush again. Oh, and lets not forget a little thingy you on the left bring up about Obama phones. The program was started with government paid landline phones by Ronald Reagan. Then George W Bush expanded the program to cover cell phones.
Speaking of Reagan, didn't he raise taxes and grant amnesty to Mexicans at the time? Certainly we cannot forget the largest government program expansion by George W Bush called Medicare Part D. That was before DumBama topped him with Commie Care. The housing crisis? Yes, Bush joined in with helping minorities that could not get homes secure a loan.
I don't want to be too partisan here because Clinton also gave into Republican demands and requests. NAFTA, Welfare Reform, lowering capital gains taxes just to name a few.
The point is you are completely wrong. Other Presidents did work with what they had, not work alone like DumBama. They took a little, gave a little, nobody got everything but everybody got something. It's something real leaders do.
To you, any government action at all is a liberal agenda.

As far as your give and take argument, you should tell that to the GOP. Remember that little meeting on Obama's first inauguration day where they swore to oppose every single Obama proposal? How in the name of perdition was Obama supposed to work with that?
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#32152 Jul 27, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> Speaking for myself, no, I am not retired but Nixon's auto-pen signature is on my discharge papers.
I still clearly remember the Nixon-Kennedy TV debates in 1960 on a fluttering picture on a B&W TV.
Can't quite retire yet because of a couple failed business ventures. But I tried. No regrets, just disappointments. If either venture was successful, I would be on easy street. Chit happens, at least I had 2 chances. That's cool. Many people do not have an opportunity to take any chance.
Agree and disagree Pops.

I respect any working man be they a restroom cleaner or a CEO of a major corporation. I have even more respect for those that took chances in their lives be they a success or a failure.

I am invested in real estate and also invested in the commodities market for several years in the past. Very risky business. Much like you, I tried and have no regrets.

Liberals have quite the opposite opinion of mine. They have no respect for the working man. They loathe and comment in a condescending way at people like us; cutting us down because we don't have an advanced education or perhaps some physical disability that stops us from advancing ourselves.. And to think, these are the very same people that consider themselves the compassionate of our society.

They do however embellish those that never tried. Those that never took risks or worked hard or led their lives in a responsible way. They adore people that became government dependents.

Where I disagree with you is that there are people that cannot take advantage of opportunities. I believe nearly every American has the ability to take risks and try to better themselves. I believe every real American has opportunities. It's just that you have to be ready for them when they come along.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#32153 Jul 27, 2014
<quoted text>
To you, any government action at all is a liberal agenda.
As far as your give and take argument, you should tell that to the GOP. Remember that little meeting on Obama's first inauguration day where they swore to oppose every single Obama proposal? How in the name of perdition was Obama supposed to work with that?
Any government action is a liberal agenda? Really? Now what did I post that wasn't a liberal agenda but a conservative one by these past Republican Presidents? You must be a Democrat. You are a born liar.

You are also a typical liberal because you cannot admit you made a mistake. Liberals never make mistakes, only conservatives do.

It's not a wonder why we are such a politically divided country. Debating a liberal is like debating a drunk that refuses to believe he has a drinking problem.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#32154 Jul 27, 2014
<quoted text>
All I did was point out how naïve and uninformed your complaint that Obama was failing to represent 310 million people and then pointed out how you changed the subject after I did so.
The failure is that of the people who somehow believe that a POTUS has singular power to implement the principles of his platform. A platform is goals, not promises, no matter the vernacular they may be expressed in. President Obama, like any president before him, would have implemented every single campaign position he took if he had sole authority to do so. That's not how the system is built.
Obama did NOT say,'if I can' do this or can do that. He said,'I WILL do this and that'. It was also stated that the 'Executive' does not 'represent'.
You can't unring the bell no matter how much you try..
Do you want a 'lemon twist' with that series posts? YOU have created one...
But on the positive side of our communications, WE have pointed out that many if not most politicians are liars & that many if not most voters have few expectations/standards of our elected officials. That's a true shame.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#32155 Jul 27, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Any government action is a liberal agenda? Really? Now what did I post that wasn't a liberal agenda but a conservative one by these past Republican Presidents? You must be a Democrat. You are a born liar.
You are also a typical liberal because you cannot admit you made a mistake. Liberals never make mistakes, only conservatives do.
It's not a wonder why we are such a politically divided country. Debating a liberal is like debating a drunk that refuses to believe he has a drinking problem.
I admit I have a difficult time dumbing down my discourse so you can understand it. When I try, sometimes things get lost in translation. My bad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
People of Topix 4 min The Widower 28
Tired of trump's lies yet? 7 min MarkJ- 109
Bipartisan bill to protect dreamers 27 min Reality Speaks 3
News The Latest: President Obama orders flags lowere... 29 min Reality Speaks 4
Dumb and Dumber 1 hr Seriouslady 8
Looking for my father!!!!! 5 hr John Black 22
West Mansfield Fats 🍔🍟🍕... 5 hr praise the intern... 2

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance