Who do you support for Governor in Oh...
d pantz

Taylor, MI

#31706 Jul 20, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
Your "morals" are all misplaced in the people you elect. Making you a judgemental hypocrite. Have fun with that.
d pantz

Taylor, MI

#31707 Jul 20, 2014
half breed wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah. Sorry I botched your mom's operation...
Spoken with that superior morality and "better education".
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#31708 Jul 20, 2014
Pops wrote:
I forgot to mention that VW in Chattanooga will be introducing a 7 passenger SUV for release in late 2016. They expect 2000 production workers & 200 engineers. Not bad for new jobs in spite of all of the taxes that the U.S. imposes on success.
Must be complicated import/export taxes, tax breaks & more involved here besides trade agreements.
Kind of surprising with the price of gasoline today. I would love an SUV but don't want to pay for all that gas.

Right now I fill up about once every two weeks give or take, although Carmry's come with an 18 gallon tank which I love. It all depends on how much I use my remote start when it gets real cold or real hot. As nice of a summer as it's been, I've barely had to start the car to cool it off.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#31709 Jul 20, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Toyota Camry's are made in Georgetown KY & actually exported to other countries from there including back to Japan. They manufacture left & right drivers steering columns.
Toyota world headquarters may be in Japan but they employ 10's of thousands here & around the world.
I have been to the Georgetown plant many times. One can actually have 1/4 mile drag races INSIDE of the buildings.
They pay property taxes here, income taxes here, their employees spend millions here, dining out, buying homes, cars, clothing, groceries, buying tickets to Kings Island, the Cincinnati & Louisville zoo's, having their kids in school, soccer, scouts & more.
The same can be said about VW in Chattanooga TN, Honda in Marysville OH & on & on. Which means that their employees are NOT on welfare. NO SNAP, NO section 8 housing, NO WIC, NO EBT, NO reduced lunch programs.
So what the heck is your problem?
It really doesn't matter where they are made, but how they are made.

When I had my last American car, my mechanic came over so many times we were almost friends. He's the one that told me about the low quality parts that American manufactures use. I questioned other mechanics who concurred.

Somebody has to pay for all those benefits retired UAW workers have. Toyota (whether built here or abroad) pays their workers a decent wage, just not way over the top like US manufacturers used to do. Plus I used to make deliveries to the auto plants around the Cleveland area including Toledo and Lordstown. I seen how those people work and their attitudes about work. It's amazing any work gets done there.
woo-boy

Van Wert, OH

#31710 Jul 20, 2014
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
They voted NO on UAW. Interesting.
Yeah, it's not like their jobs were threatened by politicians or anything like that.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#31711 Jul 20, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
It really doesn't matter where they are made, but how they are made.
When I had my last American car, my mechanic came over so many times we were almost friends. He's the one that told me about the low quality parts that American manufactures use. I questioned other mechanics who concurred.
Somebody has to pay for all those benefits retired UAW workers have. Toyota (whether built here or abroad) pays their workers a decent wage, just not way over the top like US manufacturers used to do. Plus I used to make deliveries to the auto plants around the Cleveland area including Toledo and Lordstown. I seen how those people work and their attitudes about work. It's amazing any work gets done there.
Toyota has had more than it's share of recalls. But I guess that being the #1 or #2 world manufacturer for years would have it's inherent issues.
Then let's not forget that the inevitable requirement changes from the EPA & the NTSB creates new issues year after year basically make manufacturing problems inevitable for any car/truck maker.
Admittedly, GM shot themselves in the foot trying to save mere change on their ignition switches.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#31712 Jul 20, 2014
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
They voted NO on UAW. Interesting.
Not really interesting. Toyota, Subaru, Honda etc all pay reasonable wages,& benefits & have fine safety programs & they do it by NOT paying enough for the union's 3%-7% per paycheck. So the workers still have a comparable net buying power every week with comparable benefits & safety conditions as union shops.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#31713 Jul 20, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of surprising with the price of gasoline today. I would love an SUV but don't want to pay for all that gas.
Right now I fill up about once every two weeks give or take, although Carmry's come with an 18 gallon tank which I love. It all depends on how much I use my remote start when it gets real cold or real hot. As nice of a summer as it's been, I've barely had to start the car to cool it off.
IF VW is smart, they will put diesels in some of the new SUV's. That would address the valid MPG issue. They already market more diesels than any other car maker & last year started a new plant just for building diesel engines. Will that be enough diesel engines? Only time will tell.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#31714 Jul 20, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> IF VW is smart, they will put diesels in some of the new SUV's. That would address the valid MPG issue. They already market more diesels than any other car maker & last year started a new plant just for building diesel engines. Will that be enough diesel engines? Only time will tell.
Ever since the environmental kooks forced energy suppliers to make diesel with less sulfur, diesel fuel has outpaced gasoline in price by (at times) a dollar per gallon. I've heard rumors where it may get even worse, so anybody looking into a diesel better do their homework first.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#31715 Jul 20, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Toyota has had more than it's share of recalls. But I guess that being the #1 or #2 world manufacturer for years would have it's inherent issues.
Then let's not forget that the inevitable requirement changes from the EPA & the NTSB creates new issues year after year basically make manufacturing problems inevitable for any car/truck maker.
Admittedly, GM shot themselves in the foot trying to save mere change on their ignition switches.
It wasn't so much that, but the fact they tried to sweep it under the rug.

For myself, I've never had such a problem-free vehicle in my life. This is my second Camry and I can't say a bad thing about them. I've only had one recall and it was to lubricate or replace the widow switches. Other than that, just the standard oil changes and I replaced a battery one time. It was five years old and took a dump on me one day at the store.

Since I switched to Toyota, I've never been late or missed a day or partial day of work due to car failure. I not only love that, but my employer does too! LOL!
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#31716 Jul 20, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't so much that, but the fact they tried to sweep it under the rug.
For myself, I've never had such a problem-free vehicle in my life. This is my second Camry and I can't say a bad thing about them. I've only had one recall and it was to lubricate or replace the widow switches. Other than that, just the standard oil changes and I replaced a battery one time. It was five years old and took a dump on me one day at the store.
Since I switched to Toyota, I've never been late or missed a day or partial day of work due to car failure. I not only love that, but my employer does too! LOL!
Looks like you have solved the employment problem. It's all those people driving American vehicles who can't get to work. Ye gods.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#31717 Jul 20, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like you have solved the employment problem. It's all those people driving American vehicles who can't get to work. Ye gods.
What can I tell ya? Do what I did before I made the switch. Take note of the make of cars stranded on the highway or being towed by a tow truck. Talk to a reputable mechanic.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#31718 Jul 20, 2014
In my market area, diesel is typically 10% more costly than gasoline but diesels tend to get 25%-30% more MPG's than gas in the identical vehicle.
Like you said, study is wise. A diesel cost a bit more up front but usually holds resale value & easily last twice as many miles if not more.
Then of course there is a factor of diesel fuel availability in ones area. But when pulling a camper or boat, a diesel's torque is awesome compared to gasoline. And one's range per tank of fuel is better too.
I am sure that you know this XXX. I am passing on info to those that don't know. Can you add something that I missed?
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#31719 Jul 20, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
What can I tell ya? Do what I did before I made the switch. Take note of the make of cars stranded on the highway or being towed by a tow truck. Talk to a reputable mechanic.
Wow. With scientific method like that, it is amazing President Obama has been able to keep you down like he has.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#31720 Jul 20, 2014
Pops wrote:
In my market area, diesel is typically 10% more costly than gasoline but diesels tend to get 25%-30% more MPG's than gas in the identical vehicle.
Like you said, study is wise. A diesel cost a bit more up front but usually holds resale value & easily last twice as many miles if not more.
Then of course there is a factor of diesel fuel availability in ones area. But when pulling a camper or boat, a diesel's torque is awesome compared to gasoline. And one's range per tank of fuel is better too.
I am sure that you know this XXX. I am passing on info to those that don't know. Can you add something that I missed?
I'm sure he talked to a guy while someone was unloading his delivery van whose nephew knows an engineer who told him all about the pros and cons of diesel. That, and he counts the number of diesels he sees while Rush is on commercial.
Canton

Canton, OH

#31721 Jul 20, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at that truck driver inject his little corporate sponsored agenda into every word he types. You are a walking ad for the energy lobby. Except for the part where you work for free.
Canton

Canton, OH

#31722 Jul 20, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever since the environmental kooks forced energy suppliers to make diesel with less sulfur, diesel fuel has outpaced gasoline in price by (at times) a dollar per gallon. I've heard rumors where it may get even worse, so anybody looking into a diesel better do their homework first.
I heard some guy say to my cousin's neighbor that he heard that some people might be saying, that they think Obamacare killed someone who they might have known, once. If you really want to see a "kook" in action, skip the environmentalists with their crazy notions that we need air and water to survive, and check out Rush Limbaugh and Newt Gingrich agreeing with Sarah Palin that the Affordable Healthcare Act will bring on "Obamacare Death Panels". Those are her exact words and adults agreed with her. Prominent, Conservative adults I might add. Let's all say it together and try not to laugh at the inbred absurdity that is common place with the Tea Baggers. Now all together "Obamacare Death Panels. Obamacare Death Panels". Ahhh ha ha ha ha ha ha! You guys should be registered with the Feds as a cult. Anyone stupid enough to even imply "Obamacare Death Panels" are living in some delusional fantasy world and should be considered a threat to the human race.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#31723 Jul 20, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard some guy say to my cousin's neighbor that he heard that some people might be saying, that they think Obamacare killed someone who they might have known, once. If you really want to see a "kook" in action, skip the environmentalists with their crazy notions that we need air and water to survive, and check out Rush Limbaugh and Newt Gingrich agreeing with Sarah Palin that the Affordable Healthcare Act will bring on "Obamacare Death Panels". Those are her exact words and adults agreed with her. Prominent, Conservative adults I might add. Let's all say it together and try not to laugh at the inbred absurdity that is common place with the Tea Baggers. Now all together "Obamacare Death Panels. Obamacare Death Panels". Ahhh ha ha ha ha ha ha! You guys should be registered with the Feds as a cult. Anyone stupid enough to even imply "Obamacare Death Panels" are living in some delusional fantasy world and should be considered a threat to the human race.
Not a bad batting average if you ask me.

They also said that people would lose their insurance because of Commie Care. We did.

They also said that Commie Care would NOT decrease your premiums by $2,500 per year per family unless it was subsidized. Absolutely correct.

They also said that Commie Care would increase insurance premiums for employers. It did.

They also said that people will not be able to keep their insurance plan that they liked. Absolutely correct.

They also said some people will NOT be able to keep their doctors or even their hospital. Correct.

They also said that Commie Care would cost taxpayers a lot more than what DumBama said it was going to cost. Correct according the the CBO.

But the only thing that sticks out in your mind are the death panels. Figures......
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#31724 Jul 20, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at that truck driver inject his little corporate sponsored agenda into every word he types. You are a walking ad for the energy lobby. Except for the part where you work for free.
I'll respond to this comment if I can figure out WTF you're even talking about....
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#31725 Jul 20, 2014
Pops wrote:
Diesel prices are spastic. Right now they are pretty close to gasoline but like I said, I've seen it over a dollar per gallon many times.

At least in this area, diesel is ready available at many of our gas stations, so I don't think it would be too hard to find. In the worst case, you can always go to a truck stop if you live out of the city.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
God Help Us. Drumpf Is Clueless, And Impeachab... 1 min Duke for Mayor 36
News Graduation rules 1 min the profit moo-HA... 58
Lesbifriends: Corporate Success 29 min thread bumper 3
Farming Simulator 17 31 min thread bumper 126
Pappy Van Winkle 23 Year Limited Edition Bourbon 38 min sober up alchy 4
Feeding Bigfoot 👣 43 min save yourselves 7
News GOP chairman Matt Borges called out over suppor... 49 min Zoe Regen 1
144 Companies in 25 Different Countries 1 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 207
Trump the Crook/Liar 15 hr Reality Speaks 188
News Anti-Trump protesters march to Ohio Statehouse 15 hr Duke for Mayor 62