Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

Is this the kool aid you keep blaming Liberals for drinking? Yepper doooo...

“Good Christians, like slaves and soldiers, ask no questions.”~ Jerry Falwell
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

“Facts are stupid things.” ~ Ronald Reagan
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Limbaugh first came to the Cleveland airwaves, he was more conservative and radical than he is today. He mellowed out some.
I don't think Rush got less conservative. The country got more conservative, which moved Rush more to the middle.

His show is much less interesting than it used to be. Part of it is just him getting older (like the rest of us!) But I don't think he was ever the same after his hearing problems. He went through a long stretch claiming that nothing was wrong, and blamed his difficulties on satellite delays or some other technical mumbo-jumbo. I thought that maybe he had had a minor stroke. Once he 'fessed up, they were able to come up with a technical fix, but his show was never quite the same after that.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think Rush got less conservative. The country got more conservative, which moved Rush more to the middle.
His show is much less interesting than it used to be. Part of it is just him getting older (like the rest of us!) But I don't think he was ever the same after his hearing problems. He went through a long stretch claiming that nothing was wrong, and blamed his difficulties on satellite delays or some other technical mumbo-jumbo. I thought that maybe he had had a minor stroke. Once he 'fessed up, they were able to come up with a technical fix, but his show was never quite the same after that.
Actually I thought he took up drinking the way he sounded on the radio. I only noticed it for about a week or so. The last thing I would have thought is he was totally deaf and was trying to prolong doing something about it.

Remember too that he got a divorce not long before that happened. He used to talk about his ex-wife like she was the only woman on earth. I would love to know the story behind that one, but I'm sure he had some kind of legal agreement with her to keep her mouth shut in the event of a divorce.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe I have ever seen a person admit that they "think" like Rush Limbaugh. That and the whole "I can't concentrate enough to read" admission has pretty much summed up the reasons for the Taliban Ray world view.
Yes, I do listen to Rush all afternoon. See, if you worked for a living, you would probably listen to the radio too. Most working people are not allowed to watch television all day long.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
Pops, you still haven't compared the words Pelosi actually said with what you think she said have you? Why not? Are you afraid to find out that she didn't say what you seem to think she said?
Yes I have...ck post #31422 page 1432
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Pops, Pelosi's enemies have been twisting that quote for a long time. Here's how it was initially reported at the time:
"Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Tuesday that people won’t appreciate how great the Democrat’s health plan is until after it passes.
““But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it – away from the fog of the controversy.”"
http://www.politico.com/livepulse/0310/Pelosi...
Note that she says "we have to pass the bill so that YOU can find out what is in it" --- she is telling the audience that THEY will find out truth about the Bill once it was passed. The person who wrote this article understood that, as is clear from the first sentence.
Yep, All politicians have enemies. sad that so many can't simply agree to disagree. Some contention is built into our method of governance. 2 senators per state, congressional reps per population, 2/3rds majority to amend the Constitution etc.
Talk about people (& the press) twisting things, I don't believe that Palin ever said that she could see Russia from her home or from Alaska. That was Tina Feye on SNL.
Now back to Pelosi. I posted a link to the audio/video on #31422 of Pelosi stammering & waving her hands like she is signing. AND she is still wrong with us needing to vote for it to find out what is in it. HOW about taking more time to read, study, & comprehend BEFORE voting to make it the contentious law of the land?
Answer...they knew that as it was, Republicans would not give them enough votes & also that in a short time, Dems would not control both houses & that repubs wouldn't exactly be sitting in the back. It was a rush job, a snow job, a though well intentioned bill, it was/is an ill conceived, short sighted bill that lacked foresight considering the speed of creation & multitude of pages. It has become an ill conceived white elephant that creates another Federally 'controlled' dept to screw up.
I guess that I am back to admitting a 5star cynicisim .
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

Pops wrote:
<quoted text> ...I don't believe that Palin ever said that she could see Russia from her home or from Alaska. That was Tina Feye on SNL.
You are right. But most successful mockery has a basis in reality. This is where Tina Fey's inspiration came from, Palin's famous interview with Charlie Gibson:

"GIBSON: Governor, let me start by asking you a question that I asked John McCain about you, and it is really the central question. Can you look the country in the eye and say "I have the experience and I have the ability to be not just vice president, but perhaps president of the United States of America?"

PALIN: I do, Charlie, and on January 20, when John McCain and I are sworn in, if we are so privileged to be elected to serve this country, will be ready. I'm ready.

GIBSON: And you didn't say to yourself, "Am I experienced enough? Am I ready? Do I know enough about international affairs? Do I -- will I feel comfortable enough on the national stage to do this?"

PALIN: I didn't hesitate, no.

GIBSON: Didn't that take some hubris?"

"GIBSON: Did you ever travel outside the country prior to your trip to Kuwait and Germany last year?

PALIN: Canada, Mexico, and then, yes, that trip, that was the trip of a lifetime to visit our troops in Kuwait and stop and visit our injured soldiers in Germany. That was the trip of a lifetime and it changed my life.

GIBSON: Have you ever met a foreign head of state?

PALIN: There in the state of Alaska, our international trade activities bring in many leaders of other countries."

" GIBSON: You said recently, in your old church, "Our national leaders are sending U.S. soldiers on a task that is from God." Are we fighting a holy war?

PALIN: You know, I don't know if that was my exact quote.

GIBSON: Exact words."

"GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?

PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska.

GIBSON: What insight does that give you into what they're doing in Georgia?

PALIN: Well, I'm giving you that perspective of how small our world is and how important it is that we work with our allies to keep good relation with all of these countries, especially Russia."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008/story...

Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I do listen to Rush all afternoon. See, if you worked for a living, you would probably listen to the radio too. Most working people are not allowed to watch television all day long.
Most working people are not allowed to listen to the radio either.

Enjoy your perks!
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Enjoy your perks!
He busts himself yet again.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right. But most successful mockery has a basis in reality. This is where Tina Fey's inspiration came from, Palin's famous interview with Charlie Gibson:
"GIBSON: Governor, let me start by asking you a question that I asked John McCain about you, and it is really the central question. Can you look the country in the eye and say "I have the experience and I have the ability to be not just vice president, but perhaps president of the United States of America?"
PALIN: I do, Charlie, and on January 20, when John McCain and I are sworn in, if we are so privileged to be elected to serve this country, will be ready. I'm ready.
GIBSON: And you didn't say to yourself, "Am I experienced enough? Am I ready? Do I know enough about international affairs? Do I -- will I feel comfortable enough on the national stage to do this?"
PALIN: I didn't hesitate, no.
GIBSON: Didn't that take some hubris?"
"GIBSON: Did you ever travel outside the country prior to your trip to Kuwait and Germany last year?
PALIN: Canada, Mexico, and then, yes, that trip, that was the trip of a lifetime to visit our troops in Kuwait and stop and visit our injured soldiers in Germany. That was the trip of a lifetime and it changed my life.
GIBSON: Have you ever met a foreign head of state?
PALIN: There in the state of Alaska, our international trade activities bring in many leaders of other countries."
" GIBSON: You said recently, in your old church, "Our national leaders are sending U.S. soldiers on a task that is from God." Are we fighting a holy war?
PALIN: You know, I don't know if that was my exact quote.
GIBSON: Exact words."
"GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska.
GIBSON: What insight does that give you into what they're doing in Georgia?
PALIN: Well, I'm giving you that perspective of how small our world is and how important it is that we work with our allies to keep good relation with all of these countries, especially Russia."
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008/story...
A true politician! lol But of course, Big & Little Diominede (sic) islands are in sight of each other.
Seriously tho, one thing that Palin & Obama had in common was the lack of international experience. A difference being that Obama was running for the Big Chair & Palin for the 2nd Chair behind a multi-term senator that had international experience & came from a family that had to of had additional exposure to international issues.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
SRY Ray, Let me ask how you can make it a point to listen to Rush?
He has been at this for a long long time & has a very fine memory & a fine research team but he is so arrogant with 1/2 of his brain tied behind his back or he was born to host & "you(we) were born to listen" & being right 99.7% of the time etc. Personally I can't tune in to his program because of his ego.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

Judged:

Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Personally I can't tune in to his program because of his ego.
"Greetings, conversationalists across the fruited plain, this is Rush Limbaugh, the most dangerous man in America, with the largest hypothalamus in North America, serving humanity simply by opening my mouth, destined for my own wing in the Museum of Broadcasting, executing everything I do flawlessly with zero mistakes, doing this show with half my brain tied behind my back just to make it fair because I have talent on loan from ... God. Rush Limbaugh. A man. A legend. A way of life."

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Rush_Limbaugh

Yep. A big man with a bigger ego... But that's his schtick.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
"Greetings, conversationalists across the fruited plain, this is Rush Limbaugh, the most dangerous man in America, with the largest hypothalamus in North America, serving humanity simply by opening my mouth, destined for my own wing in the Museum of Broadcasting, executing everything I do flawlessly with zero mistakes, doing this show with half my brain tied behind my back just to make it fair because I have talent on loan from ... God. Rush Limbaugh. A man. A legend. A way of life."
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Rush_Limbaugh
Yep. A big man with a bigger ego... But that's his schtick.
Not just that, but as he said repeatedly, he does that to irritate liberals. LOL!
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

Judged:

Pops wrote:
<quoted text> SRY Ray, Let me ask how you can make it a point to listen to Rush?
He has been at this for a long long time & has a very fine memory & a fine research team but he is so arrogant with 1/2 of his brain tied behind his back or he was born to host & "you(we) were born to listen" & being right 99.7% of the time etc. Personally I can't tune in to his program because of his ego.
It's less his ego than it is sarcasm. As I just explained to OG, he does it to irritate liberals and nothing more. His research is good and if you go to his site, he lists all of his sources unless he was opining on something.

What I like about Rush above other broadcasters is that he sticks to the issues most times. These other guys? They want to talk about religion, marriage, personal affairs, movies, sports.....

Rush sticks to the issues and takes very little time off unless it's vacation, a charity golf outing, a personal appearance and so on. With these other conservative broadcasters, once they get a large enough audience, they don't want to work anymore. I like Mike Gallagher, but he is starting to take a lot of time off. Often times he scoots out of the show and reruns parts of the live show for the last half-hour. Beck??? A show of commercials and ads. Bill Bennett? A great show, but the guy only wants to work four days a week and again, takes a lot of time off. He's like a conservative Howard Stern.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

Judged:

Pops wrote:
<quoted text>A true politician! lol But of course, Big & Little Diominede (sic) islands are in sight of each other.
Seriously tho, one thing that Palin & Obama had in common was the lack of international experience. A difference being that Obama was running for the Big Chair & Palin for the 2nd Chair behind a multi-term senator that had international experience & came from a family that had to of had additional exposure to international issues.
I think what McCain realized is that politics is no longer about issues. People vote for their political representatives the way they vote for their favorite American Idol contestant: how they look, how they dress, how well they speak.......

McCain is an elderly guy and not on the top of the list with conservatives. So he chose a running mate that was attractive, spoke well, nice family, very conservative and so on.

DumBama was an empty suit from the time he announced his candidacy to the time he became President. Therefore, I think McCain made a wise choice with Palin because DumBama won the primary with nothing more to offer than Hope and Change.

He was a black guy, spoke well with a Teleprompter, dressed nice and everything a stupid American would consider to vote for a person like that. McCain needed somebody to compete on that level. Palin was the person.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

Judged:

woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>He busts himself yet again.
and your'e noting but a troll again.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Enjoy your perks!
Well when you drive for a living, yes, you get to listen to the radio.. But it's not all that uncommon to see employees enjoying their radios at the places I deliver to. In fact, companies allow their employees to have those ear pieces on when they are working at their machines or driving a tow motor. An office job may be different, but for most blue collar workers, they do have a radio while working.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

Pops wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously tho, one thing that Palin & Obama had in common was the lack of international experience.
Palin revealed her lack of foreign travel in the answer above. Here's Obama:

"As a child, Obama lived four years in Jakarta, Indonesia. As a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Senator Obama has visited many spots around the world vital to U.S. interests including Russia, Kuwait, Iraq, and Israel among others. His most high profile trip was an August 2006 visit to Africa where he brought his family to his father's birthplace in Kenya."

I don't think it's even close. Obama was way more familiar with the larger world than Sarah Palin. Advantage Obama.

"
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>A difference being that Obama was running for the Big Chair & Palin for the 2nd Chair...
That difference was only the heartbeat of an old man. If McCain was suddenly gone, you've got President Palin, by golly! It was a terrible miscalculation by John McCain, who could have been a good President.
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>(...a multi-term senator that had international experience & came from a family that had to of had additional exposure to international issues.
And he is also a man who has suffered torture in the defense of our country. I think McCain is not always right, but I never doubt his patriotism.
ino

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

Judged:

... it is just wonderful to be back in Oregon, and over the last 15 months we've traveled to every corner of the United States. I've now been in fifty .... seven states? I think one left to go. One left to go. Alaska and Hawaii, I was not allowed to go to even though I really wanted to visit but my staff would not justify it."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 21 min hypocrite 2,269
Do you agree with Obama's plan to fundamentally... 40 min Pope Che Reagan C... 195
ISIS beheads James Foley 1 hr Lou 83
Poor, Poor Sarah Palin 1 hr Duke for Mayor 13
Debate: Ferguson - Columbus, OH 1 hr Duke for Mayor 64
Where are all the original legacy posters? 1 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 22
The Michael Brown Case 2 hr Pale Rider 1

Search the Columbus Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000