Who do you support for Governor in Oh...
Old Guy

Mason, OH

#31341 Jul 12, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Monday, October 28, 2013
California resident:‘I was all for Obamacare’ until I got the bill
California residents are rebelling a bit against Obamacare, with thousands shocked by the sticker price and rethinking their support, saying that what seemed wonderful in principle is not translating so well into reality.
As Pam Kehaly, the president of Anthem Blue Cross in California, reported, she received a letter from one woman who saw her insurance rates rise by 50 percent due to Obamacare.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/...
I guess now I see why you don't include links. This entire article is based on "a letter from one woman." I'm not impressed. But just what you'd expect from the Washington Times.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#31342 Jul 12, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Not much. I have a Camry and I get a fill up about once every two weeks. Gotta love those Jap cars. Great on gasoline and they come with a 100,000 bumper to bumper seven year warranty.
I don't know what my employer makes on our deliveries. Why would you want to know that? What's your point?
If you don't know what your employer makes off of you, how could you possibly know that he "can't afford" to continue to provide health insurance for you? Rube.
Old Guy

Mason, OH

#31343 Jul 12, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, you're the one that brought up lying. And what better example can I give you than the clown that won Liar Of The Year award last year? I don't think GHWB ever got that award when he was President.
You are right about that. Of course, that might be due to the fact that the first "Liar Of The Year" was awarded in 2009. It went to Sarah Palin, for telling folks that Obamacare would result in "death panels."

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/artic...

It's a lie that Rush Limbaugh is still trying to sell to his gullible listeners:

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/11/04/...
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#31344 Jul 12, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Oh yeah it does and here is another link too and you are doing a good job with use of Rules for Radicals too.
New poll: Overall dissatisfaction with Obamacare
new survey reveals that more than “7 out of every 10 Americans says Obamacare has had a mostly negative effect overall on the country, or thinks the landmark health-care reform law has not had much of an impact
http://shiftwa.org/new-poll-overall-dissatisf...
My God, you really don't process information very well. Before you say I was incorrect about your first link, show us with proof from that link, not an unrelated website. Trotting out "Rules for Radicals" is meaningless. I stand by my previous comment. So rather than make empty statements about some book, or link to a different article, why don't you show us where in the article you cited it states that "voters hate Obamacare more than they want immigration reform"?
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#31345 Jul 12, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Monday, October 28, 2013
California resident:‘I was all for Obamacare’ until I got the bill
California residents are rebelling a bit against Obamacare, with thousands shocked by the sticker price and rethinking their support, saying that what seemed wonderful in principle is not translating so well into reality.
As Pam Kehaly, the president of Anthem Blue Cross in California, reported, she received a letter from one woman who saw her insurance rates rise by 50 percent due to Obamacare.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/...
You should maybe try to find a link about the results of the ACA that was written AFTER the ACA went into effect. That might help.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#31346 Jul 12, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you and Canton together drinking it up this afternoon? I told you why more dependents is a dangerous thing in our country, and you act as though you didn't read a word........ well, maybe you didn't.
You are a lot like Indy. You don't read your sources very carefully and when someone else does, you get all defensive and change the subject.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#31347 Jul 12, 2014
boomshakalakaBOOMbaby wrote:
The conservatives are fools: They whine about the decay of traditional values, yet they enthusiastically support technological progress and economic growth. Apparently it never occurs to them that you can't make rapid, drastic changes in the technology and the economy of a society without causing rapid changes in all other aspects of the society as well, and that such rapid changes inevitably break down traditional values
boomshakalaka boomshakalakaBOOMbaby
Please explain how 'technological progress' equates to the 'break down' of social values. This ought to be entertaining.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#31348 Jul 12, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't know what your employer makes off of you, how could you possibly know that he "can't afford" to continue to provide health insurance for you? Rube.
What employer discusses that information with their employees? Of course, if you had a job, you would realize that employers look at company income as their business and not yours.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#31349 Jul 12, 2014
<quoted text>
You are a lot like Indy. You don't read your sources very carefully and when someone else does, you get all defensive and change the subject.
You asked a question that was already answered in a previous post: Why do i begrudge others who are dependent on the government as their employer. One more time: because more people on government dependency is a dangerous thing.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#31350 Jul 12, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
What employer discusses that information with their employees? Of course, if you had a job, you would realize that employers look at company income as their business and not yours.
Then how in the world do you pretend to know that he stopped paying your insurance because of the ACA? Because he said so?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#31351 Jul 12, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess now I see why you don't include links. This entire article is based on "a letter from one woman." I'm not impressed. But just what you'd expect from the Washington Times.
obviously your blind then and havent been able to read what has been going on with Obamacare in California and Liberals in California like I said hate Obamacare which I think is funny too which I guess explains why you dont understand Obamacare and how the ACA affects people from state to state which is different from state to state which the Liberal Democrats are responsible for since 1944.

Nonprofit Sues Blue Cross Over Obamacare Networks

Posted By Thadeus Greenson on Wed, Jul 9, 2014

A Southern California nonprofit filed a class-action lawsuit Tuesday alleging that Anthem Blue Cross misled millions of customers when rolling out its plans under the Affordable Care Act, leaving many enrollees on the hook for large out-of-pocket expenses.

According to a report in the Sacramento Bee, the suit alleges that the insurance giant published inaccurate provider networks, causing many customers to purchase plans thinking their current doctors and health care providers were classified as “in-network.” The suit also alleges Anthem failed to inform customers that many of its Covered California policies wouldn’t reimburse for care provided outside of its approved network.

http://www.northcoastjournal.com/Blogthing/ar...

Blue Shield sued in California over Obamacare choices on exchange

Some who bought health plans from Blue Shield of California have sued Blue Shield saying they were duped into believing they would have more choices in doctors and hospitals, Reuters reported.

The suit was filed last week in California state court. It is not connected to the ongoing antitrust lawsuit emanating from Alabama against numerous Blue Cross and Blue Shield plans across the country.

In the California case, San Francisco residents John Harrington and Alex Talon said Blue Shield misrepresented their plans saying the plans sold on the states exchange set up under the Affordable Care Act would cover a full provider network, Reuters reported. The class action suits says a group of buyers bought plans thinking their doctors and hospitals were covered but were not.
A Blue Shield spokesman said the company is reviewing the suit.

http://blog.al.com/wire/2014/05/blue_shield_s...
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#31352 Jul 12, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked a question that was already answered in a previous post: Why do i begrudge others who are dependent on the government as their employer. One more time: because more people on government dependency is a dangerous thing.
Right. I know you said that. What I said is that your sources that lead you to the conclusion that more people are government dependent are questionable because they include, and you do as well by citing them, people who work for the government, on any level, as being government dependent.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#31353 Jul 12, 2014
<quoted text>
Then how in the world do you pretend to know that he stopped paying your insurance because of the ACA? Because he said so?
Correct. He explained what a 30% increase in two years did to his budget. Multiplied by the employees we have covered in the company. But no, he didn't give me numbers and I wouldn't expect him to.

My employer trusts me out of most all of the other employees to understand these things because I have my own part-time business as well. I know how great things look on the outside by those who have no knowledge of the inside. I also know that I would be up ship creek if any of my expenses (such as water, sewer, insurance, taxes) went up that high and expected to go even much higher.

Even if my employer could have stretched it out, it could have only been for one more year if that. Most of us started around the same time and we aged with the company. Many of our full-time employees are long-term as I am.

Location hidden

#31354 Jul 12, 2014
<quoted text>
Alot of the Employers here in Indiana eliminated their Employer Sponsered Health Insurance since it was cheaper to pay the Obamcare(ACA)penalty then to pay for Employer Sponsered Health Insurance for their employees under Obamacare(ACA) since the rates increased.
Old Guy

Mason, OH

#31355 Jul 12, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>obviously your blind then and havent been able to read what has been going on with Obamacare in California and Liberals in California like I said hate Obamacare which I think is funny too which I guess explains why you dont understand Obamacare and how the ACA affects people from state to state which is different from state to state which the Liberal Democrats are responsible for since 1944.
My eyes are fine and I understand Obamacare. But I do have trouble understanding your sentences. Are you being charged extra whenever you use a period?
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>

Do you understand that this article says nothing bad about Obamacare? It's Blue Cross that is being sued for alleged misrepresentations.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#31356 Jul 12, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>obviously your blind then and havent been able to read what has been going on with Obamacare in California and Liberals in California like I said hate Obamacare which I think is funny too which I guess explains why you dont understand Obamacare and how the ACA affects people from state to state which is different from state to state which the Liberal Democrats are responsible for since 1944.
Posted By Thadeus Greenson on Wed, Jul 9, 2014
A Southern California nonprofit filed a class-action lawsuit Tuesday alleging that Anthem Blue Cross misled millions of customers when rolling out its plans under the Affordable Care Act, leaving many enrollees on the hook for large out-of-pocket expenses.
According to a report in the Sacramento Bee, the suit alleges that the insurance giant published inaccurate provider networks, causing many customers to purchase plans thinking their current doctors and health care providers were classified as “in-network.” The suit also alleges Anthem failed to inform customers that many of its Covered California policies wouldn’t reimburse for care provided outside of its approved network.
Blue Shield sued in California over Obamacare choices on exchange
Some who bought health plans from Blue Shield of California have sued Blue Shield saying they were duped into believing they would have more choices in doctors and hospitals, Reuters reported.
The suit was filed last week in California state court. It is not connected to the ongoing antitrust lawsuit emanating from Alabama against numerous Blue Cross and Blue Shield plans across the country.
In the California case, San Francisco residents John Harrington and Alex Talon said Blue Shield misrepresented their plans saying the plans sold on the states exchange set up under the Affordable Care Act would cover a full provider network, Reuters reported. The class action suits says a group of buyers bought plans thinking their doctors and hospitals were covered but were not.
A Blue Shield spokesman said the company is reviewing the suit.
Holy Functional Illiteracy.

Those people's complaint was with Blue Cross, not the ACA. Wow.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#31357 Jul 12, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. He explained what a 30% increase in two years did to his budget. Multiplied by the employees we have covered in the company. But no, he didn't give me numbers and I wouldn't expect him to.
My employer trusts me out of most all of the other employees to understand these things because I have my own part-time business as well. I know how great things look on the outside by those who have no knowledge of the inside. I also know that I would be up ship creek if any of my expenses (such as water, sewer, insurance, taxes) went up that high and expected to go even much higher.
Even if my employer could have stretched it out, it could have only been for one more year if that. Most of us started around the same time and we aged with the company. Many of our full-time employees are long-term as I am.
Poor, poor gullible Ray. Never seen the numbers but believes everything the Boss Man tells him about why he couldn't help but screw you over. Aye carumba.
Old Guy

Mason, OH

#31358 Jul 12, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Alot of the Employers here in Indiana eliminated their Employer Sponsered Health Insurance since it was cheaper to pay the Obamcare(ACA)penalty then to pay for Employer Sponsered Health Insurance for their employees under Obamacare(ACA) since the rates increased.
Of course, people covered by employer-sponsored plans has been dropping for years. And the costs have been rising. That's why we needed something like Obamacare --- because more and more folks did not have health insurance.

Here's an article from 2010, describing the situation before Obamacare:

"The percentage of Americans younger than 65 who receive health insurance through their employer has fallen below 60% not only because of high unemployment. It's also because many of those who remained on the job saw their coverage eliminated or reduced, or dropped it themselves because their plan became too expensive."

"In 2009, 58.9% of Americans younger than 65 received health coverage through their employers -- down nearly 10 percentage points since the start of the decade and down three points since the previous year, according to an Economic Policy Institute report issued Nov. 16."

"The CDC said 40 million working-age adults -- 21.1% of that population -- were without insurance in 2009, up 2.9 million in a year."

http://www.amednews.com/article/20101227/busi...

Our healthcare system is broken, and the Republicans have done nothing to fix it. Obamacare is the same plan originally proposed by the Heritage Foundation, and implemented by Mitt Romney in Massachusetts. It's not the plan I would have preferred, but at least it attempts to deal with the problem.

Location hidden

#31359 Jul 12, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
My eyes are fine and I understand Obamacare. But I do have trouble understanding your sentences. Are you being charged extra whenever you use a period?
<quoted text>
Do you understand that this article says nothing bad about Obamacare? It's Blue Cross that is being sued for alleged misrepresentations.
Your eyes are not fine because the title of the article says" Nonprofit Sues Blue Cross Over Obamacare Networks" again Obamacare Networks and Blue Cross operates under the law of Obamacare now as we all know which all health insurance companies are required to do so now so you must have trouble reading sentences even from the article too or you are being selective on what you want to read.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#31361 Jul 12, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, people covered by employer-sponsored plans has been dropping for years. And the costs have been rising. That's why we needed something like Obamacare --- because more and more folks did not have health insurance.
Here's an article from 2010, describing the situation before Obamacare:
"The percentage of Americans younger than 65 who receive health insurance through their employer has fallen below 60% not only because of high unemployment. It's also because many of those who remained on the job saw their coverage eliminated or reduced, or dropped it themselves because their plan became too expensive."
"In 2009, 58.9% of Americans younger than 65 received health coverage through their employers -- down nearly 10 percentage points since the start of the decade and down three points since the previous year, according to an Economic Policy Institute report issued Nov. 16."
"The CDC said 40 million working-age adults -- 21.1% of that population -- were without insurance in 2009, up 2.9 million in a year."
http://www.amednews.com/article/20101227/busi...
Our healthcare system is broken, and the Republicans have done nothing to fix it. Obamacare is the same plan originally proposed by the Heritage Foundation, and implemented by Mitt Romney in Massachusetts. It's not the plan I would have preferred, but at least it attempts to deal with the problem.
Your numbers are off.

http://www.census.gov/prod/2013pubs/p70-134.p...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump the Liar 1 hr Pale Rider 928
Is Drumpf Campaign Chief A Voter Fraud Felon? 2 hr Pale Rider 4
News Hillary Clinton tops Donald Trump in battlegrou... 2 hr d pants 258
Should the GOP cut its loses? 5 hr Male 902
No Life, But Topix. 6 hr 404 not found 23
Please help me find the love of my life 7 hr Trenton 7
33% women would swap IQ for larger breasts (Mar '12) 9 hr Pam 29

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance