Who do you support for Governor in Oh...
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#31289 Jul 12, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>So, point out to us how many insurance companies have gone out of business according to the windbags own lies. Thanks for showing us why you choose to remain so dumb. He made the statement. Then he tried to lie out of it, as usual.
Really have a hard time following a subject, don't cha?

No wonder you vote the way you do.
ino

Waverly, OH

#31290 Jul 12, 2014
The Senate originated ObamaCare by "amending" House Resolution (H.R.) 3590, titled the Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009. H.R. 3590 didn't regulate health insurance, and this bill granted tax credits to service members seeking their first homes and increased corporate estimated taxes for certain companies by 0.5%. It's unclear why the Senate picked H.R. 3590 to "amend" over other possible House bills. But surely one reason was because H.R. 3590, which would increase corporate estimated taxes, was a House bill for raising revenue.

The Senate's "amendment" on H.R. 3590 was a complete replacement of H.R. 3590's title and text with ObamaCare.

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-111hr3590e...
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#31291 Jul 12, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
Your insistence of espousing an opinion when you are so uneducated about the matter is fascinating. It must be a truck driver thing.
165 Million Americans Are Dependents of the State: Is Tyranny Next?
By Bill Wilson

Is America descending into a dependency state, where the majority uses its voting power to demand government services from taxpayers?

New research from Ranking Member of the Senate Budget Committee Jeff Sessions (R-AL) reveals that this reality may already be here, with more than 107 million Americans on some form of means-tested government welfare.

Add to that 46 million seniors collecting Medicare (subtracting out about 10 million on Supplemental Security Income, Medicaid, and other senior-eligible programs already included in Sessions’ means-tested chart) and 22 million government employees at the federal, state, and local level — and suddenly, over 165 million people, a clear majority of the 308 million Americans counted by the U.S. Census Bureau in 2010, are at least partially dependents of the state.

Since President Obama took office in 2009, eligibility for Medicaid, food stamps, the earned income tax credit, the making work pay tax credit, and unemployment benefits has increased by roughly 10 million. To add insult to injury, Obama then unilaterally dismantled the work requirements that were the heart of the 1990’s welfare reform via an arbitrary executive order.

But it’s even worse than that. In fact, most voting-age Americans do not pay income taxes — approximately 50.6 percent.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin/2012/08/...

These figures do not include Commie Care which according to reports is about six million more government dependent people plus those that were put on Medicaid which figures are hard to find.

Really sucks when truck drivers know more than you do, doesn't it?
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#31292 Jul 12, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
BEGIN TRANSCRIPT
RUSH: The Huffington Post... And I said, "Well, if doctors are not permitted to opt out of the government insurance pool and so forth, Medicare, Medicaid, whatever it is, and if they're not allowed to establish a private practice with private sector patients paying their own way, then I'll go to Costa Rica."
If I have to get thrown into this massive government health care insurance business and end up going to the driver's license office every day when I need to go to the doctor, yeah, I'll go to Costa Rica for treatment, not move there. So they're just in a tizzy out there..."
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2010/03/09/...
When it comes to Rush Limbaugh, you have to listen to the show and not let lying leftist media take his words out of context to try and make some stupid point. Liberals are born liars. Just look at who is in the White House today.
I DO listen to the show.(Just not that often anymore.) Here's how the Huffington Post introduced the audio from Rush's show:

"Responding to a caller who asked him where he would go for health care if Congress enacts reform, Limbaugh replied,

I don't know. I'll just tell you this, if this passes and it's five years from now and all that stuff gets implemented -- I am leaving the country. I'll go to Costa Rica."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/09/limb...

Looks to me like the article accurately reported Rush's words.(And they helpfully provided the audio so you could judge for yourself.) Explain to me how you think they took Rush's words out of context.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#31293 Jul 12, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
By Bill Wilson
Is America descending into a dependency state, where the majority uses its voting power to demand government services from taxpayers?
New research from Ranking Member of the Senate Budget Committee Jeff Sessions (R-AL) reveals that this reality may already be here, with more than 107 million Americans on some form of means-tested government welfare.
Add to that 46 million seniors collecting Medicare (subtracting out about 10 million on Supplemental Security Income, Medicaid, and other senior-eligible programs already included in Sessions’ means-tested chart) and 22 million government employees at the federal, state, and local level — and suddenly, over 165 million people, a clear majority of the 308 million Americans counted by the U.S. Census Bureau in 2010, are at least partially dependents of the state.
Since President Obama took office in 2009, eligibility for Medicaid, food stamps, the earned income tax credit, the making work pay tax credit, and unemployment benefits has increased by roughly 10 million. To add insult to injury, Obama then unilaterally dismantled the work requirements that were the heart of the 1990’s welfare reform via an arbitrary executive order.
But it’s even worse than that. In fact, most voting-age Americans do not pay income taxes — approximately 50.6 percent.
These figures do not include Commie Care which according to reports is about six million more government dependent people plus those that were put on Medicaid which figures are hard to find.
First, the opinion piece you quoted has nothing to do with the ACA. When you are trying to make a point about the ACA, it would help your effort to cite sources that actually are addressing the ACA. Second, defending your skewed perspective by presenting someone else's skewed perspective isn't very compelling.

It is because you consume, hook, line and sinker, the spin of people like that author that you don't understand the truth about what is going on. It would suck if a truck driver knew more than me. I'm still waiting to meet her.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#31294 Jul 12, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
We now have over half of the country dependent on the federal government for some sort of subsidy or handout.
<quoted text>
Your insistence of espousing an opinion when you are so uneducated about the matter is fascinating. It must be a truck driver thing.
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
By Bill Wilson

Sure, all you have to is include ANYONE receiving money from the government as being "dependent on the federal government for some sort of subsidy or handout.

"Government employees" include the military. To your way of thinking, Ray, are their salaries a handout?
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#31295 Jul 12, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I DO listen to the show.(Just not that often anymore.) Here's how the Huffington Post introduced the audio from Rush's show:
"Responding to a caller who asked him where he would go for health care if Congress enacts reform, Limbaugh replied,
I don't know. I'll just tell you this, if this passes and it's five years from now and all that stuff gets implemented -- I am leaving the country. I'll go to Costa Rica."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/09/limb...
Looks to me like the article accurately reported Rush's words.(And they helpfully provided the audio so you could judge for yourself.) Explain to me how you think they took Rush's words out of context.
Quite simple, because they were lying about what he said. From your link:

***UPDATED BELOW***

"If Democrats didn't have all the incentive they needed to pass health care reform already, then conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh may have provided the final push they needed by vowing to flee the country if the reform bill is passed."

Fleeing the country does not mean leaving it to get medical care. Fleeing the country means moving out of it.

Anytime these lib rag pieces post something about Limbaugh, you always have to be suspicious because they take things out of context to try and make him look bad. Rush says things in sarcasm and plays devils advocate just to make the show a little more interesting. I've heard him say things like he's voting for Hillary and things like that.

If you want to know what Rush really said and more importantly, what he really meant, then you have to listen to the entire show or at the very least, the entire segment.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#31296 Jul 12, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Sure, all you have to is include ANYONE receiving money from the government as being "dependent on the federal government for some sort of subsidy or handout.
"Government employees" include the military. To your way of thinking, Ray, are their salaries a handout?
Don't forget the police, firefighters, judges, prosecutors, FBI, CIA, Border Patrol, city council, school board members.... They are dependent on the state as well according to Taliban Ray.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#31297 Jul 12, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>
www.alecexposed.org
Sounds like ALEC should be illegal at very least for being full of conflicts of interest & lacking ethics. But doing that would be as likely as our 'reps' voting for term limits.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#31298 Jul 12, 2014
<quoted text>
First, the opinion piece you quoted has nothing to do with the ACA. When you are trying to make a point about the ACA, it would help your effort to cite sources that actually are addressing the ACA. Second, defending your skewed perspective by presenting someone else's skewed perspective isn't very compelling.
It is because you consume, hook, line and sinker, the spin of people like that author that you don't understand the truth about what is going on. It would suck if a truck driver knew more than me. I'm still waiting to meet her.
The US Census bureau calculated that 49% of people were dependent on government handouts back in 2010. You mean that these subsidized healthcare plans didn't push it over? After all, that's what Commie Care is; subsidies health insurance.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ezra-klei...
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#31299 Jul 12, 2014
<quoted text>
Don't forget the police, firefighters, judges, prosecutors, FBI, CIA, Border Patrol, city council, school board members.... They are dependent on the state as well according to Taliban Ray.
Must be a real shame to have suffered public education. So for those of you that can't read, one more time, from the Forbes article that I posted:

"and 22 million government employees at the federal, state, and local level"

So everybody is counted.

I'm sure you are mathematically challenged as well. So for your convenience 165 million minus 22 million equals 143 million people. Anything else a truck driver can help you out with, just ask.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#31300 Jul 12, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The US Census bureau calculated that 49% of people were dependent on government handouts back in 2010. You mean that these subsidized healthcare plans didn't push it over? After all, that's what Commie Care is; subsidies health insurance.
That's part of what the ACA does. Another part is that it allows individuals to buy insurance from exchanges that allow people who weren't part of a group to benefit from the price reductions that come from group rate premiums. You love anecdotes, here's one for you. I move in a different circle than you. Many people I know are self employed and have been buying their own insurance for years. Now, because of the ACA, their premiums have dropped rather significantly without receiving a penny of government help.

You see Ray, the country is a very big place with a very diverse population. Not everyone has the same experience as the people who you chat up on a loading dock or have to live as tenants of a slumlord.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#31301 Jul 12, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
And by the way, that chart does not represent the number of people dependent on "government handouts." It represents the number of people who receive SOME government aid. A single mom who works two jobs and receives $200/month in food stamps isn't dependent on the government. She gets some help from it, but isn't dependent on it.

That is an excellent example of your failure to understand very simple distinctions. You really should stick to double clutching.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#31302 Jul 12, 2014
ino wrote:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/ca rlodonnell/2014/07/08/how-the- 1-billion-kennedy-family-fortu ne-defies-death-and-taxes-3/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/23/john...
Thanks for examples of Private people using Tax Loopholes.
If the truth be known about the Rockefeller's, Carnagie's, Walton's, & likely every governor, senator,(Reid & McConnell) congressman etc etc that supposedly have their wealths in blind trust, there would be some sort of insurrection in this country by those that understand & won't take it lying down.
IF only the '4th estate' would perform their proper function....people would know more.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#31303 Jul 12, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Must be a real shame to have suffered public education. So for those of you that can't read, one more time, from the Forbes article that I posted:
"and 22 million government employees at the federal, state, and local level"
So everybody is counted.
I'm sure you are mathematically challenged as well. So for your convenience 165 million minus 22 million equals 143 million people. Anything else a truck driver can help you out with, just ask.
Your back tracking doesn't make any sense, Ray. You quoted a source that said that every person who works for the government on any level is "at least partially dependent on the state." You lumped border patrol agents with welfare queens. What a guy you are. Rather than trying to spin your way out of that blunder, you should just own it.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#31304 Jul 12, 2014
<quoted text>
Your back tracking doesn't make any sense, Ray. You quoted a source that said that every person who works for the government on any level is "at least partially dependent on the state." You lumped border patrol agents with welfare queens. What a guy you are. Rather than trying to spin your way out of that blunder, you should just own it.
Seems to me that a truck driver is more dependent on government than most others.

Unless he builds his own roads to everywhere he is paid to drive.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#31305 Jul 12, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Anytime these lib rag pieces post something about Limbaugh, you always have to be suspicious because they take things out of context to try and make him look bad
What part of ""Responding to a caller who asked him where he would go for health care if Congress enacts reform..." did you not understand? They posted the audio so you could hear it IN CONTEXT. Would you have been happier if they phrased their commentary "fleeing the country for his healthcare needs"?

I know that Rush is an entertainer, and you shouldn't take him seriously. Do you?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#31306 Jul 12, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>IF you want to be self employed, you can write fiction stories....OH, wait, you already do write fiction.
Liberalism today is based on Fiction.

Location hidden

#31307 Jul 12, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
So, why can't you afford health insurance? Something doesn't add up here...
Liberals in California cant afford Health Insurance now and why they are suing.

Location hidden

#31308 Jul 12, 2014
<quoted text>
Thanks to President Obama, there is no honest person in this country who works two jobs that can't afford health insurance. Not a one.
May 19, 2014 9:45AM ET / Politics

Voters Hate Obamacare More Than They Want Immigration Reform

Allie Jones

http://www.thewire.com/politics/2014/05/voter...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH ANNIE! Ashley Madison called…. 16 min Pope Che Reagan C... 9
News Coming out for Ginther 18 min They cannot kill ... 3
10 YEARS AFTER Katrina! 28 min yeah baby 3
Man shot near Ferguson protest….. 55 min Pope Che Reagan C... 137
They're Shooting News Reporters On Live TV 2 hr Just A Guess 34
News Columbus schools administrator who changed data... 3 hr Big Johnson 1
Poll Who Do You Support For President 9 hr d pants 408
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages