Who do you support for Governor in Oh...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#31022 Jul 4, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
How long do you suppose it will take for one of them to criticize the source? LOL!
it didnt take long and I post another link stating it was a 1st amendment issue too.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#31023 Jul 4, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>it didnt take long and I post another link stating it was a 1st amendment issue too.
51 minutes. I think that's a new record for holding out. Of course, it is the holiday and a beautiful day here in Northeast Ohio, so I guess we have to put that in the calculation. But....... I told you it was coming. LOL!

Do I know liberals or do I know liberals? LOL!
woo-boy

Van Wert, OH

#31024 Jul 4, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
51 minutes. I think that's a new record for holding out. Of course, it is the holiday and a beautiful day here in Northeast Ohio, so I guess we have to put that in the calculation. But....... I told you it was coming. LOL!
No, you rely on www.imakeshitup.com
Canton

Canton, OH

#31025 Jul 4, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Now if only you could spot bullsh1t propaganda, you wouldn't be such an idiot.
Pope Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#31027 Jul 4, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>We know you cant see that it had to do with the 1st Amendment because the ruling goes against Liberalism as everyone knows which goes agianst the US Constitution ever since FDR redifined Liberalism and here is another article making it very clear too on case law.
7/01/2014
Hobby Lobby And Harris v. Quinn -- A Pretty Good Day For The First Amendment
http://www.forbes.com/sites/georgeleef/2014/0...
Not a whiff of liberalism there.
You still haven't read the decision have you? When I get back to my computer I will put this to rest. I've let you twist long enough.
Old Guy

Mason, OH

#31028 Jul 4, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>it didnt take long and I post another link stating it was a 1st amendment issue too.
"One of the wrinkles in Hobby Lobby is the decision doesn’t really involve the First Amendment. The court has already spoken on how far it believes the Constitution protects religious beliefs and it was its 1990 decision in Employment Division vs. Smith, declining to protect believers against neutral laws of general applicability.(In that case, laws against the consumption of peyote that two workers fired for drug use said violated their Native American religious beliefs.)"

http://www.forbes.com/sites/danielfisher/2014...

Interestingly, it was Scalia that wrote that opinion.I guess the rights of corporation to religious freedom trump those of the individual.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#31029 Jul 4, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
You and all of your links are wrong.

"The contraceptive mandate, as applied to closely held corporations, violates RFRA. Our decision on that statutory question makes it unnecessary to reach the First Amendment claim raised by Conestoga and the Hahns." Slip Opinion page 49.

You just learned something from a liberal. I await your and Taliban Ray's mea culpa.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#31030 Jul 4, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Now if only you could spot bullsh1t propaganda, you wouldn't be such an idiot.
And if only you were a conservative, you wouldn't need personal insults to try and have a debate.

Location hidden

#31032 Jul 4, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
You and all of your links are wrong.
"The contraceptive mandate, as applied to closely held corporations, violates RFRA. Our decision on that statutory question makes it unnecessary to reach the First Amendment claim raised by Conestoga and the Hahns." Slip Opinion page 49.
You just learned something from a liberal. I await your and Taliban Ray's mea culpa.
Wrong we all know Modern Liberalism is Unconstitutional which is why Liberals hope for no legal challenges just like Hobby Lobby proved.

Location hidden

#31033 Jul 4, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
"One of the wrinkles in Hobby Lobby is the decision doesn’t really involve the First Amendment. The court has already spoken on how far it believes the Constitution protects religious beliefs and it was its 1990 decision in Employment Division vs. Smith, declining to protect believers against neutral laws of general applicability.(In that case, laws against the consumption of peyote that two workers fired for drug use said violated their Native American religious beliefs.)"
http://www.forbes.com/sites/danielfisher/2014...
Interestingly, it was Scalia that wrote that opinion.I guess the rights of corporation to religious freedom trump those of the individual.
Has to do with the SCOTUS case of Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission which yes Corporations have rights too.

Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, 558 U.S.___(2010),(Docket No. 08-205), is a US constitutional law case. The United States Supreme Court held that the First Amendment prohibits the government from restricting political independent expenditures by corporations, associations, or labor unions. This followed a line of decisions starting with Buckley v. Valeo, 424 U.S. 1 (1976) interpreting freedom of speech to include spending money. The case has remained intensely controversial for increasing the influence in elections that money can have, in contrast to most other developed countries where limits are imposed on all election spending.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizens_United_...
Poop Chit

Gainesville, GA

#31034 Jul 4, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me introduce you to a notion that you Tea Bagging Bible voters live in denial about. Halliburton made billions in no-bid contracts rebuilding Iraq's infrastructure. Seems we weren't "broke" then.
And alot of Muricans made alot of money and paid alot of taxes too. So it all just cycles back to your precious gubment overlords anyway.

What are ya belly aching over? Because that money wasn't redistributed to welfare people who just go buy drugs from drug dealers who never pay income tax on that revenue?
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#31035 Jul 5, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong we all know Modern Liberalism is Unconstitutional which is why Liberals hope for no legal challenges just like Hobby Lobby proved.
Wrong? That was a direct quote from the majority opinion. You are so deluded and in love with your media cites, that you have just declared that the media knows more about what a Supreme Court decision is about than the justice who wrote that opinion.

This has been a very interesting exercise.
Canton

Canton, OH

#31036 Jul 5, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
And if only you were a conservative, you wouldn't need personal insults to try and have a debate.
Ahhhh tell it to "BoyToy" and "Dumbama". Typical hypocrite right wing Rush Limbaugh flunkie tactics. Hey old clown. Get off your belly. Its Saturday and boss man isn't anywhere to be seen.
Canton

Canton, OH

#31037 Jul 5, 2014
Poop Chit wrote:
<quoted text>
And alot of Muricans made alot of money and paid alot of taxes too. So it all just cycles back to your precious gubment overlords anyway.
What are ya belly aching over? Because that money wasn't redistributed to welfare people who just go buy drugs from drug dealers who never pay income tax on that revenue?
Yah, that has absolutely nothing to do with the infrastructure being rebuilt here in America, which is what we were talking about. In fact, what in the hell are you even flapping your mouth about? Do you even know? I don't know any of the hypothetical "welfare" people you guys keep clucking about but I bet you picture a very specific group of people when you do. Very specific. Now go blurt out some wisdom like "Keep your government hands off my medicare!"
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#31038 Jul 5, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong? That was a direct quote from the majority opinion. You are so deluded and in love with your media cites, that you have just declared that the media knows more about what a Supreme Court decision is about than the justice who wrote that opinion.
This has been a very interesting exercise.
I understand just what you are saying but I would like to remind folks that the SCOTUS ruling was 5-4 with a very vocal dissent. This ruling is likely to be passionately 'discussed' for decades. There should be an effort for civility & respect for varying opinions, even tho that is not likely.
Canton

Canton, OH

#31039 Jul 5, 2014
Neat fact of the day:

From 1969 to 2005 the supreme court ruled in favor of corporations 50% of
the time.

Since 2011, the court has sided with corporations 88% of the time.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#31040 Jul 5, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>I understand just what you are saying but I would like to remind folks that the SCOTUS ruling was 5-4 with a very vocal dissent. This ruling is likely to be passionately 'discussed' for decades. There should be an effort for civility & respect for varying opinions, even tho that is not likely.
Whether or not the Hobby Lobby case was decided on First Amendment grounds is not a matter of opinion. It is a matter of fact. And the fact is, it was not. For some reason, the self proclaimed "conservatives" on this forum have a long standing problem discerning between opinion and fact, even when fact is delivered to them.
Canton

Canton, OH

#31041 Jul 5, 2014
Before the Koch Brothers bought the Supreme court. After the Koch Brother bought the Supreme Court.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#31042 Jul 5, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhhh tell it to "BoyToy" and "Dumbama". Typical hypocrite right wing Rush Limbaugh flunkie tactics. Hey old clown. Get off your belly. Its Saturday and boss man isn't anywhere to be seen.
One is responsible for my employer discontinuing my healthcare plan and the other who started with the name calling first.

I don't draw first blood. Told you that long ago.

Now go turn on your television set so the Democrat politicians can tell you what to think next.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#31043 Jul 5, 2014
Canton wrote:
Before the Koch Brothers bought the Supreme court. After the Koch Brother bought the Supreme Court.
Nobody can buy anybody on the Supreme Court. It's not an elected position.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Leeann Tweeden v. Al Franken 24 min Duke for Mayor 94
BO Arrested for Treason 59 min Pickle Rick 256
Obama caught by Christ's Crusaders 1 hr They cannot kill ... 8
Sen. Sherrod Brown tells Truth about Tax Cuts f... 1 hr They cannot kill ... 8
Tick Tock arrives just in time for Thanksgiving 2 hr 404 not found 6
Trump and Republicans Work against Working clas... 2 hr d pants 33
News Columbus City Council to consider tax incentive... 4 hr They cannot kill ... 1
Roy Moore 6 hr They cannot kill ... 42

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages