Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010?

Posted in the Columbus Forum

Comments (Page 1,374)

Showing posts 27,461 - 27,480 of29,033
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2014

Judged:

Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>That's not because of the law or liberalism. That's because they are cowards.
It sure is because of New Left Liberalism which Liberalism as FDR seen it and would reject it which the SCOTUS is now also rejecting Liberalism's Affirmative Action which SCOTUS has ruled violates the equal protection clause of the 14 amendment.

Scalia’s plain truth on affirmative action

By John Podhoretz
April 22, 2014

Time and again, the Supreme Court has ruled that such practices violate the 14th Amendment’s guarantee of equal treatment under the law to all citizens. And it did so yet again Tuesday.

It’s been nearly 36 years since the first major racial-preferences ruling — the Bakke case in 1978. Nearly every time since, the court has said that in the specific case on which it is ruling, racial preferences violate the 14th Amendment.

And yet the court’s majority (in various configurations) continues to say there are increasingly vague and undefined circumstances in which race can and should “play a factor,” circumstances that prevent it from declaring the entire kit and caboodle of affirmative action unconstitutional.

In 2003, in another ruling on the University of Michigan, Justice Sandra Day O’Connor declared that affirmative action should have an end date — say, 25 years from 2003. In doing so, she implicitly acknowledged that the policy offends elementary fairness — else why end it at all?

http://nypost.com/2014/04/22/scalias-plain-tr...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2014

Pops wrote:
<quoted text> I don't agree with the use of the word Coward. BUT they are afraid of needless/avoidable business expenses.
The lawsuit expense & publicity are facets of capitalism.
If a minority person wants to file a complaint, tax dollars pay for that persons representation. It cost the complaintant only their time. The company needs to spend money that is finite & that could have done good somewhere else.
So yes, they are scared.
Exactly
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2014

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>It sure is because of New Left Liberalism which Liberalism as FDR seen it and would reject it which the SCOTUS is now also rejecting Liberalism's Affirmative Action which SCOTUS has ruled violates the equal protection clause of the 14 amendment.
Scalia’s plain truth on affirmative action
By John Podhoretz
April 22, 2014
Time and again, the Supreme Court has ruled that such practices violate the 14th Amendment’s guarantee of equal treatment under the law to all citizens. And it did so yet again Tuesday.
It’s been nearly 36 years since the first major racial-preferences ruling — the Bakke case in 1978. Nearly every time since, the court has said that in the specific case on which it is ruling, racial preferences violate the 14th Amendment.
And yet the court’s majority (in various configurations) continues to say there are increasingly vague and undefined circumstances in which race can and should “play a factor,” circumstances that prevent it from declaring the entire kit and caboodle of affirmative action unconstitutional.
In 2003, in another ruling on the University of Michigan, Justice Sandra Day O’Connor declared that affirmative action should have an end date — say, 25 years from 2003. In doing so, she implicitly acknowledged that the policy offends elementary fairness — else why end it at all?
http://nypost.com/2014/04/22/scalias-plain-tr...
I was responding to his anecdote about employers being afraid to discipline minority employees.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2014

Judged:

Pops wrote:
<quoted text> I don't agree with the use of the word Coward. BUT they are afraid of needless/avoidable business expenses.
The lawsuit expense & publicity are facets of capitalism.
If a minority person wants to file a complaint, tax dollars pay for that persons representation. It cost the complaintant only their time. The company needs to spend money that is finite & that could have done good somewhere else.
So yes, they are scared.
You are wrong. If someone wants to bring suit, they have to hire their own attorney.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2014

<quoted text>
I was responding to his anecdote about employers being afraid to discipline minority employees.
gotcha.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
You are wrong. If someone wants to bring suit, they have to hire their own attorney.
I think he meant the EEOC which they will file suit.
xxxrayted

Bedford, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2014

<quoted text>
There is a law somewhere that you have to hire an attorney? Ever hear of a contingency fee?
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2014

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>I think he meant the EEOC which they will file suit.
The EEOC will do an investigation and issue a right to sue letter. They don't file suit on behalf of individuals.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2014

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a law somewhere that you have to hire an attorney? Ever hear of a contingency fee?
A contingency fee is a way to hire an attorney.
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2014

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Has Ted Curz tried to hide anything? Was he ever challenged to the point he could not respond?
Apples and Oranges with you as always Canton. And just for your information, nobody authorized you to decide what is racist and what is not. You're welcome to make those decisions in your own head, but it doesn't apply to everybody.
Hillarious recently said that these five terrorists released by big-ears are not a threat to the US. WHAT? Does she think they will now get a job at Wal-Mart and forget their hatred of us? If that's not brain damage, then without a doubt, she's stupid as all hell.
Right, and we all know that Obama tried to...oh that's right. He produced his birth certificate right out of the gate and the desperate right wingers beat that dead horse for years and years. No apples to oranges. Just a feeble bunch of old racist white dudes watching their world crumble around them while America cheers. That's all.
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2014

Judged:

Everyone knows that the 540 Taliban member detainees that Bush released were all just a jolly bunch of lads who loved themselves some America. Now the 5 that the black man released however...

How weak.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
The EEOC will do an investigation and issue a right to sue letter. They don't file suit on behalf of individuals.
Filing A Charge of Discrimination

If an investigation finds no violation of the law, you will be given a Notice of Right to Sue. This notice gives you permission to file suit in a court of law. If a violation is found, we will attempt to reach a voluntary settlement with the employer. If we cannot reach a settlement, your case will be referred to our legal staff (or the Department of Justice in certain cases), who will decide whether or not the agency should file a lawsuit. If we decide not to file a lawsuit, we will give you a Notice of Right to Sue.

http://www.eeoc.gov/employees/charge.cfm
xxxrayted

Bedford, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2014

Judged:

Canton wrote:
Everyone knows that the 540 Taliban member detainees that Bush released were all just a jolly bunch of lads who loved themselves some America. Now the 5 that the black man released however...
How weak.
Bush did release those prisoners after he heard enough whining and crying from the liberals. The 5 that DumBama released were the top five people we had in captivity.
xxxrayted

Bedford, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2014

Judged:

Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, and we all know that Obama tried to...oh that's right. He produced his birth certificate right out of the gate and the desperate right wingers beat that dead horse for years and years. No apples to oranges. Just a feeble bunch of old racist white dudes watching their world crumble around them while America cheers. That's all.
Our world is fine and will be better in November. Just look at the polls and see how well we are going to do.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2014

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>I think he meant the EEOC which they will file suit.
Exactly. And a rather powerful group.
I have seen them in action & I personally was part of one of their investigations as a witness.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2014

Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly. And a rather powerful group.
I have seen them in action & I personally was part of one of their investigations as a witness.
So Have I which is how I know too.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
Not quite. IF someone wants a civil judgement of $$, then they hire an attorney because the government will pursue any lawful violation & possibly fine the employer but will not pursue any punitive monetary award for the employee .
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2014

Judged:

Pops wrote:
<quoted text> Not quite. IF someone wants a civil judgement of $$, then they hire an attorney because the government will pursue any lawful violation & possibly fine the employer but will not pursue any punitive monetary award for the employee .
That's what I said.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2014

Judged:

Canton wrote:
How weak.
NO screening system in 100% accurate but clearly these 5 have been kept in custody all of these years because they were considered extreme enough to NOT be released when compared to the 540 or even 1000 others that have been released.
That is simple, reasonable thinking which may be eluding you.
I still think that you are reasonably intelligent so you give me reason to believe that you are trolling.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>That's what I said.
I think that we both posted incomplete thoughts for whatever reason.
Such is one of the shortcomings of posting or texting as compared to actual conversation.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 27,461 - 27,480 of29,033
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

46 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Lois Lerner linked to another erased hard drive 7 min Male 45
Treating the vermin like vermin 51 min yeah baby yeah 1
Columbus mayor to DNC: Pick us or lose Ohio 56 min Reality Speaks 6
U.S. bans flights to Tel Aviv; Ohioans in limbo 1 hr Reality Speaks 4
Ann Coulter: "White Guilt Has Produced Mistake ... (Sep '12) 1 hr Reality Speaks 41
Do you agree with Texas protecting its own border? 1 hr Reality Speaks 7
Is Barak Obama responsible for the current bord... 1 hr Oliver Canterberry 152
•••
•••
•••
Columbus Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000