Who do you support for Governor in Oh...
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#30108 Jun 11, 2014
Realty Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
Koch Brothers .......evil.....bad.......rich .
Remember the LASER focus on jobs?
Who said that?
That would be Speaker John Boehner, as he is quoted on his website:

"“We’re going to keep that laser focus on jobs in the coming year, as we’ll continue to do the oversight that we’re expected to do under our constitution.”

http://www.speaker.gov/video/speaker-boehner-...

Not sure what your point is...

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#30109 Jun 11, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be Speaker John Boehner, as he is quoted on his website:
"“We’re going to keep that laser focus on jobs in the coming year, as we’ll continue to do the oversight that we’re expected to do under our constitution.”
http://www.speaker.gov/video/speaker-boehner-...
Not sure what your point is...
Just Boehner emulating his leader.

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/0118...

Here's a message for Boehner and McConnelll.
The terms of their surrender.

http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2014/06/dear...
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#30110 Jun 11, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
Education from kindergarden thru High School is broken terribly, and College sure has changed with smartphones and computers. My day had only calculators and word processors.
Wow, I always assumed you were older, just based on your crankiness. Small, battery powered calculators popped up in the early 1970s and stand alone word processors were first seen in the late 1970s. If that's when you Dad was in college, you're probably only in your 40s. I hope you are enjoying your youth more than your online persona would suggest.

My calculator was a slide rule, and word processors didn't exist at all. I wrote out stuff in long hand, and paid a fellow student to type it up for me on his manual typewriter.

I'm a fan of both modern calculators and computers (and the word processing software they run.) I'm still not certain about smartphones...
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#30111 Jun 11, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
I salute Lexington Va.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did you salute Lexington, Va.?
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Thomas J. Jackson
VMI
Robert E. Lee
States' Rights
Ring any bells?
Do you speak for Reality Speaks? Or is that just your speculation? I was thinking he might be drawing a parallel to the first shot fired in the American Revolution (which happened in Lexington.)

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#30112 Jun 11, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Do you speak for Reality Speaks? Or is that just your speculation? I was thinking he might be drawing a parallel to the first shot fired in the American Revolution (which happened in Lexington.)
That would be Lexington, MA.
IHO

Waverly, OH

#30113 Jun 11, 2014
See how the dummys commented on this They are so clueless .

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10025084...
IHO

Waverly, OH

#30114 Jun 11, 2014
Dropping off these kids like stray kittens. Put them all on the WH lawn.

http://dailysignal.com/2014/06/10/surge-illeg...
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#30115 Jun 11, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be Lexington, MA.
You are right, of course. So much for my theory. Maybe Reality Speaks will tell us what he had in mind.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#30117 Jun 12, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, I always assumed you were older, just based on your crankiness. Small, battery powered calculators popped up in the early 1970s and stand alone word processors were first seen in the late 1970s. If that's when you Dad was in college, you're probably only in your 40s. I hope you are enjoying your youth more than your online persona would suggest.
My calculator was a slide rule, and word processors didn't exist at all. I wrote out stuff in long hand, and paid a fellow student to type it up for me on his manual typewriter.
I'm a fan of both modern calculators and computers (and the word processing software they run.) I'm still not certain about smartphones...
The first calculator I seen as a kid was at the Home & Flower show here in Cleveland when my parents took me along to the exhibit. It was on a display that some company put up. Back then, those calculators only added, subtracted and divided. They were 50 bucks for the cheapest one. They had LED lights for the numbers and they ate up batteries like hell.

When I took typing class in high school, we had manual typewriters. I happened to be in the class just as the school was making the conversion from manual typewriters to electric. We were in awe. The new electric typewriters had this ball that contained all the letters and numbers. When you hit a key, the ball would quickly twist to that character and slam it into the plastic ribbon. At first they only purchased a few of them and we fought to get on one of those things. Eventually they replaced all the manual typewriters.

Since the computer and printer, I can't remember the last time I used a typewriter. LOL! Before our cell phones came out with calculators in them, the banks used to give them away free for opening up a checking or savings account.

Smart phones are a little tough to get used to, especially with the touch screens. If you decide on one, you have to give it a fair chance. But at first, you will get quite annoyed. Like anything else, once you have one, you don't know what you did without it. I especially like the feature of being able to start my car from my phone. It's great because I often come back to shop after they closed and I'm now able to start my car while driving back to work in my truck. I just hop out of the truck into a warm car in the winter or a cold car in the summer.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#30118 Jun 12, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Thomas J. Jackson
VMI
Robert E. Lee
States' Rights
Ring any bells?
No.
Howard

Cleveland, OH

#30119 Jun 12, 2014
Dave Morris went to VMI.....do you know him?
Realty Speaks

Columbus, OH

#30120 Jun 12, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, I always assumed you were older, just based on your crankiness. Small, battery powered calculators popped up in the early 1970s and stand alone word processors were first seen in the late 1970s. If that's when you Dad was in college, you're probably only in your 40s. I hope you are enjoying your youth more than your online persona would suggest.
My calculator was a slide rule, and word processors didn't exist at all. I wrote out stuff in long hand, and paid a fellow student to type it up for me on his manual typewriter.
I'm a fan of both modern calculators and computers (and the word processing software they run.) I'm still not certain about smartphones...
Ummmmmmm.....you are wrong. 1961 birthdate here. Graduated college in 1883, and masters in 86.

My crankiness is due to watching our country crumble, and people cheering it on with glee.

You yourself spin your failed political agenda to blame someone for what you voted for.

Obama himself touted the laser focus on jobs, and for a year forced commie care on the nation.

It will be a wonderful day when the American citizens vote all the Democrats out who signed Obamacare in to law.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#30121 Jun 12, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, of course. So much for my theory. Maybe Reality Speaks will tell us what he had in mind.
I don't think he knows.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#30122 Jun 12, 2014
Realty Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummmmmmm.....you are wrong. 1961 birthdate here. Graduated college in 1883, and masters in 86.
My crankiness is due to watching our country crumble, and people cheering it on with glee.
You yourself spin your failed political agenda to blame someone for what you voted for.
Obama himself touted the laser focus on jobs, and for a year forced commie care on the nation.
It will be a wonderful day when the American citizens vote all the Democrats out who signed Obamacare in to law.
www.alecexposed.org/wiki/Worker_Rights_and_Co...
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#30123 Jun 12, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think he knows.
AGENDA:

fire every politician running for 2nd re-election for their 3rd term in office. All of them

Replace them with new people who have term limits of 2.

Raise their pay by triple annually, and end lifetime bennies.

We want good people to apply so pay is important, and paid enough that stealing is far from mind.

Crooks jailed.

Above alone repairs much in Washington.

THEN:

Protect borders.
This has many many reasons of great importance. Security being just 1 item.

We have 25% of Americans unemployed, and we are flooding the market with illegal aliens.

NOW CHE CHE.....tell me what happens when you flood a market with a product, and product is already in over stock position?

Tell me CHE CHE how borrowing money to pay interest payments only on debt, and increasing spending with borrowed money is for the economy?

Tell me who is going to re-pay the principal?

Tell me if all Americans, or just the illegal ones, or just the white ones, or just the asians ones, or just the black ones, or just those you consider rich pay this back.

Tell me what the most important thing we can do for America.

Can I guess now that you avoid every question, and call me a stupid racist?
Or go on a rant about Reagan? Bush?

How about a law that you must vote, or no tax deductions allowed for not performing your duty, and if receiving government assistance it is stopped for 2 months as punishment.

Social security number a requirement to vote, and official government issued ID as well.

Just think of all the get out and vote money saved, and a factual census as a bonus, saving more money as a bonus.

Since 1968 this country has had free healthcare for those unable to pay for it. The cost deducted from paychecks of working Americans. People working also pay into a Social Security and medicare program their entire working life for own retirement.

Above has been robbed blind by politicians by spending it on what ever. This was a savings account, and is drained completely today.

Tell me CHE CHE that increasing the population with people who won't be contributing to above is for the country, and add the over 25% of the population already not contributing with that view as well.

Your response should make for great reading.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#30124 Jun 12, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
workers have the right to stay on a job, or quit and leave.

workers have an obligation to perform if expected paid for their labor.

Employers owe prompt payment for services, and safe working conditions.........period.

Employers have the right to hire or fire whenever necessary.

Workers can quit whenever they want.

Employers that want to keep good workers can negotiate packages to retain them. Workers determine if the accept program.

If above is not to your liking, then you have the right to start you own gig.

everything eles is social experimentation gone bad, and drives opportunity over seas.
Canton

Canton, OH

#30125 Jun 12, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Not buying it.
I link to that bold frequently and have never had a problem or complaint.
And, certainly, I would never purposely link to a malicious site.
If anyone lacks credibility here...it's you.
First, by virtue of your leftist status.
Second, by virtue of your obnoxious, hate-filled rants.
Last, by virtue of your posting location. LOL.
So sorry. I don't negotiate with proven racists. Now go yank some food out of a poor child's mouth with your "Conservative Compassion".
IHO

Waverly, OH

#30126 Jun 12, 2014
http://wikkorg.wordpress.com/2014/05/01/racis...

The word “racist” has for a long time been the single most effective fear-word in the leftist and neoconservative arsenal. For decades, they have successfully used it in the political arena to slander traditionalists, shut down debate, and leave opponents running for cover. In the social arena, they have caused even more damage by using it to brainwash impressionable children and young college students, and to teach people to hate their nation, their cultural traditions, and worst of all, themselves.

What surprisingly remains almost totally undiscussed, even on the hard core traditionalist Right, is the word’s origin. Did it come from a liberal sociologist? A 60’s Marxist college professor? Perhaps a politician in the Democratic Party? No. It turns out that the word was invented by none other than one of the principal architects of the 74-year Soviet nightmare, the founder and first leader of the infamous Red Army, Leon Trotsky.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#30127 Jun 12, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
So sorry. I don't negotiate with proven racists. Now go yank some food out of a poor child's mouth with your "Conservative Compassion".
We are aware your arsenal is empty.
No need to continue confirming it, drone.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#30128 Jun 12, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
AGENDA:
fire every politician running for 2nd re-election for their 3rd term in office. All of them
Replace them with new people who have term limits of 2.
Raise their pay by triple annually, and end lifetime bennies.
We want good people to apply so pay is important, and paid enough that stealing is far from mind.
Crooks jailed.
Above alone repairs much in Washington.
THEN:
Protect borders.
This has many many reasons of great importance. Security being just 1 item.
We have 25% of Americans unemployed, and we are flooding the market with illegal aliens.
NOW CHE CHE.....tell me what happens when you flood a market with a product, and product is already in over stock position?
Tell me CHE CHE how borrowing money to pay interest payments only on debt, and increasing spending with borrowed money is for the economy?
Tell me who is going to re-pay the principal?
Tell me if all Americans, or just the illegal ones, or just the white ones, or just the asians ones, or just the black ones, or just those you consider rich pay this back.
Tell me what the most important thing we can do for America.
Can I guess now that you avoid every question, and call me a stupid racist?
Or go on a rant about Reagan? Bush?
How about a law that you must vote, or no tax deductions allowed for not performing your duty, and if receiving government assistance it is stopped for 2 months as punishment.
Social security number a requirement to vote, and official government issued ID as well.
Just think of all the get out and vote money saved, and a factual census as a bonus, saving more money as a bonus.
Since 1968 this country has had free healthcare for those unable to pay for it. The cost deducted from paychecks of working Americans. People working also pay into a Social Security and medicare program their entire working life for own retirement.
Above has been robbed blind by politicians by spending it on what ever. This was a savings account, and is drained completely today.
Tell me CHE CHE that increasing the population with people who won't be contributing to above is for the country, and add the over 25% of the population already not contributing with that view as well.
Your response should make for great reading.
That is why you saluted Lexington, Va.? Wow.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama rated 5th best POTUS in history! 1 hr Duke for Mayor 7
Rondale Sullivan Sr. 3 hr Big Johnson 3
News Ex-sheriff's detective wins dismissal of key se... (May '06) 6 hr TrackThat 1,220
Obama names Mt McKinley, Denali 8 hr d pants 31
Hardee har harctic 11 hr Spot for Guvnah 1
News Columbus schools to pay more for police officers 12 hr They cannot kill ... 6
News Columbus City Officials Working To Remove Smell... 12 hr yeah baby 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages