xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#27738 Apr 13, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
All you do is cry about your circumstances. "Oh, I smoke and can't stop. Oh, I have diabeetus. Oh, Obama is ruining the country. Oh, my boss stopped paying for my insurance. Oh, the government won't let me drive big trucks. Oh, the EPA won't let me pollute as much as I used to." Victim.
The only thing I am a victim of is you Commie Cradle-to-Gravers that are going to ruin this country.
Wise Old Owl

Cincinnati, OH

#27739 Apr 13, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not seem to understand the salient differences between "residency", and "citizenship", among other things.
woof
Too bad you can't read and understand English. It is no wonder the government has fooled the public for so long.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#27740 Apr 13, 2014
Wise Old Owl wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad you can't read and understand English. It is no wonder the government has fooled the public for so long.
I can read just fine.

How about you try this. Send Mr. Rivera some cash, and buy his products that are intended to assist you in avoiding federal income tax liability. Use them.

See what happens.

woof
Wise Old Owl

Cincinnati, OH

#27741 Apr 13, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
I can read just fine.
How about you try this. Send Mr. Rivera some cash, and buy his products that are intended to assist you in avoiding federal income tax liability. Use them.
See what happens.
woof
Gee, how did you know, I haven't paid for 10years now.

Suck on that.

WOOF
Canton

Canton, OH

#27742 Apr 13, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I can give it some consideration. Again, I appreciate your concern here. I'm 54 years old and I started smoking at the age of 12. The longer you smoke the more difficult it is to quit. I guess some people can never quit.
I think I brought this up before, but my next door neighbor died of lung cancer a few months ago. Her boyfriend bought the house and you would think after all he's going through, he would quit smoking. He smokes more than ever now.
I say good for your friend, but remember one thing, and that is quitting something is easy, maintaining that status is the difficult part. I've known people that quit smoking anywhere from a few months all the way to ten years, and they started all over again.
Whether it's cigarettes, alcohol, drugs, gambling, eating, deliberately putting yourself in discomfort is not an easy thing. Living in discomfort is even worse.
I think the key is that you aren't really quitting a habit to nicotine, but are taking it in a less harmful manner. My friend is 46 and started smoking at a very young age also. He is now 6 months on the e-smokes and claims to not even want a cigarette. Might be worth a try. Hell, even the money he saves makes it worth it.
Duke for Mayor

New Albany, OH

#27743 Apr 13, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
You are batty.
woof
I think I am batty.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#27744 Apr 13, 2014
Wise Old Owl wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, how did you know, I haven't paid for 10years now.
Suck on that.
WOOF
Well, that would mean that either you don't earn enough income to be obligated to pay, or you earn so little that you're not worth the effort of the IRS.

Mr. Rivera is a hack, one who cheated his clients when he was practicing. Its why he no longer is able to practice law legally.

You're a fool for believing anything he says.

woof
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#27745 Apr 13, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing I am a victim of is you Commie Cradle-to-Gravers that are going to ruin this country.
Which you by extension blame for your entire circumstance. Thanks for the admission.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#27746 Apr 13, 2014
<quoted text>
Which you by extension blame for your entire circumstance. Thanks for the admission.
Let's see, I had employer provided health insurance my entire adult life. Zero gets elected President and now I have no coverage. Gee, now who's fault could that be? It must be mine I'm sure. It's my fault for being responsible enough to make sure I had employment that offered such benefits. I should have been like all your other loser friends and tried to make a career at Wal-Mart and complain how I didn't have health insurance and somebody owed it to me.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#27747 Apr 13, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the key is that you aren't really quitting a habit to nicotine, but are taking it in a less harmful manner. My friend is 46 and started smoking at a very young age also. He is now 6 months on the e-smokes and claims to not even want a cigarette. Might be worth a try. Hell, even the money he saves makes it worth it.
I guess I could give it a try. It wouldn't hurt. I don't even know where they sell those things or in particular, that brand, but I'm sure it can't be that hard to find.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#27748 Apr 13, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see, I had employer provided health insurance my entire adult life. Zero gets elected President and now I have no coverage. Gee, now who's fault could that be?
Our circumstances are always changing (the cost of health insurance in particular.) But, right now, you are the one who has chosen to not sign up for insurance, so it really is your fault (and you will be the one to suffer the consequences.)

There's an old expression I haven't heard for a long time now, though it used to be rather common: "cutting off your nose to spite your face." Your lack of insurance won't hurt Obama --- it will hurt you.
Canton

Canton, OH

#27749 Apr 13, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I could give it a try. It wouldn't hurt. I don't even know where they sell those things or in particular, that brand, but I'm sure it can't be that hard to find.
http://www.halocigs.com/

My buddy got the Triton starter kit and likes the Tribeca juice. I am not sure how many milligrams he goes with because you can get them at different levels. 18 milligrams is listed as high and it goes higher than that. He loves it and says the batteries last all day, and you get two with the kit so you always have one ready to go. I took a hit of his and it had a good flavor and it made a huge cloud. I can really tell he feels better and is excited about not smoking, which is why I am passing this on to you. I asked him a lot of questions about it so you could have the inside scoop.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#27750 Apr 13, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see, I had employer provided health insurance my entire adult life. Zero gets elected President and now I have no coverage. Gee, now who's fault could that be? It must be mine I'm sure. It's my fault for being responsible enough to make sure I had employment that offered such benefits. I should have been like all your other loser friends and tried to make a career at Wal-Mart and complain how I didn't have health insurance and somebody owed it to me.
From what you have said here, your employer is probably very much like you and, based on what Rush Limbaugh told him, he decided that neither he nor his employees would be able to afford to pay for health insurance anymore, or even worse was afraid that continuing to pay would somehow allow President Obama to establish mind control over him and canceled it without understanding the facts. That is the same type of "thinking" that caused you not to complete the application process to buy your own insurance through the marketplace.

Your story about having good employer provided medical coverage that disappeared because of the ACA is simply not believable.

Since: Jan 12

Chillicothe, OH

#27751 Apr 13, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are from Ross County go down to the Daily Vapor its right across the street from the law complex. Its a great store, friendly people, and they will ask you the right questions to help pick your device and level of nicotine. I have been using a vaporizor since October I was smoking a pack and half a day now I'm down to two packs a week. I have my quit date set for July. I have been smoking since I was twelve and I have tried everything to quite with the exception of the Chantix. Do to some other conditions I can't take it. This has helped me tremendously. Good luck to you.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#27752 Apr 13, 2014
classychazy wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are from Ross County go down to the Daily Vapor its right across the street from the law complex. Its a great store, friendly people, and they will ask you the right questions to help pick your device and level of nicotine. I have been using a vaporizor since October I was smoking a pack and half a day now I'm down to two packs a week. I have my quit date set for July. I have been smoking since I was twelve and I have tried everything to quite with the exception of the Chantix. Do to some other conditions I can't take it. This has helped me tremendously. Good luck to you.
Thanks for your input and well wishes. I don't know where Ross county is as I live in the Cleveland area. I will find them somewhere around here, it's just like with all new things, you have to take the first step. So far nobody has chimed in telling me anything negative about these things, so yes, it's worth a try I guess. What have I got to lose?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#27753 Apr 13, 2014
<quoted text>
From what you have said here, your employer is probably very much like you and, based on what Rush Limbaugh told him, he decided that neither he nor his employees would be able to afford to pay for health insurance anymore, or even worse was afraid that continuing to pay would somehow allow President Obama to establish mind control over him and canceled it without understanding the facts. That is the same type of "thinking" that caused you not to complete the application process to buy your own insurance through the marketplace.
Your story about having good employer provided medical coverage that disappeared because of the ACA is simply not believable.
Then I guess so are the dozen or so article written about people in my exact same position. Google employer provided insurance ObamaCare.

BTW my employer is not politically motivated. He listens to Howard Stern or sports.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#27754 Apr 13, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.halocigs.com/
My buddy got the Triton starter kit and likes the Tribeca juice. I am not sure how many milligrams he goes with because you can get them at different levels. 18 milligrams is listed as high and it goes higher than that. He loves it and says the batteries last all day, and you get two with the kit so you always have one ready to go. I took a hit of his and it had a good flavor and it made a huge cloud. I can really tell he feels better and is excited about not smoking, which is why I am passing this on to you. I asked him a lot of questions about it so you could have the inside scoop.
Once again I appreciate it. I cut down to about 3/4 packs a day so I don't think I'll need the super bong. Like your friend it will be a trial and error type of thing if it works at all. Even if I'm not happy with it, my doctor will be. LOL!
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#27755 Apr 13, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Our circumstances are always changing (the cost of health insurance in particular.) But, right now, you are the one who has chosen to not sign up for insurance, so it really is your fault (and you will be the one to suffer the consequences.)
There's an old expression I haven't heard for a long time now, though it used to be rather common: "cutting off your nose to spite your face." Your lack of insurance won't hurt Obama --- it will hurt you.
The point I think you're missing is that no President should be putting any American in this position in the first place. Six million people lost their healthcare insurance coverage and they aren't even counting people like me. They are only counting the individuals that got cut off by their insurance company.

If our next President writes a law that says everybody must own an electric car in three years and some people can't afford a new car, is it their fault? Really? Americans are expected to jump like monkeys because a President decides he's going to destroy one of the largest industries in the country?

The government has no place to run peoples lives. That's not what the federal government is for. How large do you think this Nanny State government should get anyway? How long before it crashes?
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#27758 Apr 13, 2014
Regarding E-cigarettes:
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
So far nobody has chimed in telling me anything negative about these things, so yes, it's worth a try I guess. What have I got to lose?
It's probably better for you than regular cigarettes, because the combustion products of smoking are much worse for you than the nicotine. But, these products are unregulated, and many are made in China (where they don't always care about the quality of ingredients.) We may find out later that these products are dangerous to your health (or not), but right now you are rolling the dice. Also, I don't know anyone that successfully quit by using e-cigs, so you still have the habit (and the expense.)

I know that Chantix gets a bad rap, but I have a 65 year old lifetime smoker friend that had tried everything to quit smoking. He did the Chantix 2 years ago and hasn't smoked since. He said he had some strange dreams while using it, but, outside of that, no side effects.

Good luck with quitting!
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#27759 Apr 13, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
Regarding E-cigarettes:
<quoted text>
It's probably better for you than regular cigarettes, because the combustion products of smoking are much worse for you than the nicotine. But, these products are unregulated, and many are made in China (where they don't always care about the quality of ingredients.) We may find out later that these products are dangerous to your health (or not), but right now you are rolling the dice. Also, I don't know anyone that successfully quit by using e-cigs, so you still have the habit (and the expense.)
I know that Chantix gets a bad rap, but I have a 65 year old lifetime smoker friend that had tried everything to quit smoking. He did the Chantix 2 years ago and hasn't smoked since. He said he had some strange dreams while using it, but, outside of that, no side effects.
Good luck with quitting!
Thanks OG. My only reservations behind those nebulizers is that like you, I don't know anybody that quit smoking and two, you have to make the investment of the starter kit and all that.

As for myself, I don't think they will work because I can't imagine getting the same satisfaction as I do with cigarettes, but again, you don't know if you don't try. Different things work on different people. For instance you have a friend that used Chantix and it worked. I have a cousin who is a doctor in Maryland. She tried it and it worked temporarily. She's still smoking and probably will until the day she dies. She was very fearful of the side effects of Chanitx and who would know better than a doctor?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary Clinton 2016? (Apr '13) 2 hr Pale Rider 187
Ashley Ross 2 hr wondering 1
News Four Vietnam vets reflect on war 40 years after... 4 hr REAL American 25
Finally, Obama has a successor! 4 hr Kenny 57
Cleveland braces for Brelo verdict 5 hr Linda 7
Hooters Columbus locations closing due to defla... 5 hr Linda 199
News Food pantry leaving gentrified Short North 5 hr Linda 2
Freddie Gray riots in Baltimore 7 hr Duke for Mayor 172
More from around the web

Columbus People Search