|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2014

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
Rush Limbaugh has been awarded children's top selling author.
Surprisingly enough, this turns out to be true!

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/03/24/...

I found this surprisingly positive review in the Chicago Tribune:

"This book is downright sweet. And warm. And positive.

It also has an unsophisticated and even corny sense of humor that may underestimate 13-year-olds. But it's never mean-spirited."

Here's their only criticisms:

"In general, Limbaugh lets the facts tell their own apolitical story of the Pilgrims, and he's correct almost all of the time.

He's inconsistent on whether the first Indian to visit Plymouth was named Samoset or Somoset, and he misstates by a year when the visit occurred (it was 1621, not 1620). Limbaugh and his editors may have been racing to publish before this Thanksgiving; his acknowledgments say the idea for the book was suggested by his wife earlier this year.

Limbaugh is also wrong in the same way that much of American history is wrong in deifying the founding fathers. Limbaugh declares that they "believed all people were born to be free as individuals." The founding fathers were great in many ways, but the fact is, four of the first five presidents owned slaves. If they believed all people should be free, they certainly didn't act on it.

Limbaugh also embraces the debunked mythology that Paul Revere shouted "The British are coming!" Think about it. It was 1775. Revere was a British subject. Historians believe that Revere instead shouted, "The regulars are coming." One of Limbaugh's fellow interpreters of history, a guy named Longfellow, is suspected of making up that bit about "The British are coming!" because it fit better in the meter of his poem."

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-11-20...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2014

State of Ohio and it's taxpayers must be rolling in the dough...Considering Ohio State's AD get's a $18,000 cash bonus, due to one OSU wrestler winning a national title.....what generous taxpayers, eh?....Especially considering the Buckeye AD makes a base salary of over $850,000......
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2014

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Right now, the UCA has it's lowest approval ratings ever. This is because since it's intrusion, many people like myself have been victimized by it's implementation. Those effected have taken note of the 35 plus changes DumBama has made to the provision in order to save his party. It's a disaster and a jobs killer.
I opted to not get healthcare insurance through Commie Care or anywhere else for that matter. My coworkers are (that I've spoken with) doing the same. Our employer has given us a raise to offset our loss of healthcare insurance, but it isn't nearly enough to continue coverage through the exchange.
So now, employees that once had some kind of coverage have none at all, and I'm sure we are not alone. Since our employer cannot give us a direct check for our coverage, he gave us a pay rate increase instead. For myself, he was paying over $450.00 per month for my coverage. But because he can't write out a check for healthcare insurance, from that $450.00 a month that he was paying, he has to consider standard deductions such as Medicare matching funds, SS matching funds, unemployment insurance, Workman's Compensation insurance, and various other costs that come with an hourly rate increase.
Bottom line: out of that $450.00 he used to pay, he is giving me a $1.5 dollars per hour increase, or about $300.00 per month. After taxes on that new money, I will get about $220.00 per month--a far cry from the $450.00 of benefits I was getting before. But even if I were to purchase a plan under Commie Care, it's after-tax money that I would be using to pay for it.
So it's very easy to see why DumBama's approval rating and his Communist healthcare plan rating seems to take new dives every month. The more lives it ruins, the stronger the disapproval will be.
In my entire adult working life, this will be the first time I've never had healthcare insurance, and I lay the blame where it belongs---DumBama and the Dummycrats. I almost can't wait for the next two elections.
If that brilliant scheme is typical of your other decisions, it is no wonder you are mad at the world.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2014

Judged:

Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
If that brilliant scheme is typical of your other decisions, it is no wonder you are mad at the world.
Not mad at the world, just the people that are making the world an ugly place like your President.

"Barack Insane Obama, ruining lives by the millions every month."
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2014

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Not mad at the world, just the people that are making the world an ugly place like your President.
"Barack Insane Obama, ruining lives by the millions every month."
No worries. You will outsmart him.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2014

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
In my entire adult working life, this will be the first time I've never had healthcare insurance, and I lay the blame where it belongs---DumBama and the Dummycrats. I almost can't wait for the next two elections.
I lay the blame where it belongs; you failed to buy insurance.

I have had a personal policy for years. Much better than having corporate masters dictate my coverage and my doctors. I do not see why any free American would want to give his boss that extra leash around his neck.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2014

Judged:

Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
I lay the blame where it belongs; you failed to buy insurance.
I have had a personal policy for years. Much better than having corporate masters dictate my coverage and my doctors. I do not see why any free American would want to give his boss that extra leash around his neck.
Until this big-eared dope came to town, over 80% of us got our healthcare coverage through our employer and we were quite happy with it thank you. It's what we working people call a benefit.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2014

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Until this big-eared dope came to town, over 80% of us got our healthcare coverage through our employer and we were quite happy with it thank you. It's what we working people call a benefit.
Sheep.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2014

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
It must be for you.
I provided multiple sources including many that have been known to lean left quite a bit, and you're still not happy.
"The best thing about being a liberal is never having to say you were wrong."
xxxrayted
And i showed just how much of a pathetic tea bag sheep that you are. When you put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig. You're to dumb to even read all of your sources article. I didn't have all day to show you you're own stupidity.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2014

Judged:

Pops wrote:
<quoted text> None of us can Google, Bing, Wiki or YouTube everything. IF one of us has something to contest, then we should post our proof. Personally, I don't stroke even 300 keys a minute nor do I have the most advanced & fastest computer so I tend to look at what many of you supply & then I scrutinize. There's nothing wrong with that.
You reply and click on articles yet you can't look anything up? Get a kid from the area and they can show you how in about 2 minutes or less.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2014

Judged:

classychazy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry for you situation and I hope you remain healthy until they get this entire mess sorted out.
He's just lying and full of it.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2014

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
So all of those people who lost their jobs under Bush were able to keep paid for coverage under their employer. It is so hard google 'job losses under bush'. Keep up with the stupid, you're a pro:

voices.yahoo.com/analysis-jobs-loss-under-pre...
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2014

Judged:

woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>So all of those people who lost their jobs under Bush were able to keep paid for coverage under their employer. It is so hard google 'job losses under bush'. Keep up with the stupid, you're a pro:
voices.yahoo.com/analysis-jobs-loss-under-pre...
You can't even respond staying on topic. You went from health insurance to people that lost their job under Bush, and then call me stupid? No wonder you're the Topix troll here.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2014

Judged:

woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>And i showed just how much of a pathetic tea bag sheep that you are. When you put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig. You're to dumb to even read all of your sources article. I didn't have all day to show you you're own stupidity.
And you call me "to" dumb. LOL!
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2014

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't even respond staying on topic. You went from health insurance to people that lost their job under Bush, and then call me stupid? No wonder you're the Topix troll here.
So there DUMBO, what part of that first sentence didn't you understand? Besides the FACT that it shows your 80% figure got pulled straight out of your lying, bigoted rectum. You must really love the smell of s*it, you spew it every day. Show us how they kept their insurance when they didn't have a job?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2014

Judged:

woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>So there DUMBO, what part of that first sentence didn't you understand? Besides the FACT that it shows your 80% figure got pulled straight out of your lying, bigoted rectum. You must really love the smell of s*it, you spew it every day. Show us how they kept their insurance when they didn't have a job?
Wrong Dumbo. 80% of people in this country that had health insurance obtained it through their employer.

How are people that lose their job today supposed to maintain their healthcare coverage? If I can't afford it working, I sure as hell can't afford to keep it not working.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2014

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I opted to not get healthcare insurance through Commie Care or anywhere else for that matter....
Our employer has given us a raise to offset our loss of healthcare insurance, but it isn't nearly enough to continue coverage through the exchange.
So now, employees that once had some kind of coverage have none at all, and I'm sure we are not alone. Since our employer cannot give us a direct check for our coverage, he gave us a pay rate increase instead....
Bottom line: out of that $450.00 he used to pay, he is giving me a $1.5 dollars per hour increase, or about $300.00 per month.
So, if I understand you, your employer used Obamacare as an excuse to cut his share of your total compensation by $150/month?(He used to pay your insurance premium of $450, and now he only gives you $300.) Did any of you complain about that?
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I opted to not get healthcare insurance through Commie Care or anywhere else for that matter....
You are making a terrible mistake. One hospital visit and you'll be done for. Even if everything you say is correct, you can still get catastrophic coverage for about $250/month. Don't wreck your life to prove some point.

http://www.legalconsumer.com/obamacare/rates....
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2014

classychazy wrote:
I seen you all awhile back debating about who would and would not except the new ACA. I was wondering if any of you see the article in the Chillicothe Gazette which plainly stated they may not be accepting those with ACA coverage after it goes into full affect? I think it was a week or so ago.
I just went to the Chillicothe Gazette website, and couldn't find any such article. Can you provide a link to it?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2014

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
So, if I understand you, your employer used Obamacare as an excuse to cut his share of your total compensation by $150/month?(He used to pay your insurance premium of $450, and now he only gives you $300.) Did any of you complain about that?
<quoted text>
You are making a terrible mistake. One hospital visit and you'll be done for. Even if everything you say is correct, you can still get catastrophic coverage for about $250/month. Don't wreck your life to prove some point.
http://www.legalconsumer.com/obamacare/rates....
Thanks for your concern OG.

As my employer explained to me, that $300.00 per month that he is giving me actually costs him $450.00 per month when you include all the workman's compensation insurance, unemployment insurance, matching SS and Medicare contributions not to mention our retirement account that he has to pay into. The IRS will not allow any exchange of money between employer and employee without deductions taken out. When all is figured, he only has 300 dollars of that 450 left to give us. How can we complain about that?

If the Democrats could have figured that in whereas they allowed an employer to pay an employee strictly for health insurance coverage and nothing taken out, my problems would be solved. But I'm sure they figured out that when employers do what my employer did, that's more tax money for them.

The second part of the problem is that this catastrophic insurance doesn't cover anything until the first 5 to 6 thousand dollars are billed to the customer. In other words, it does me very little good to have it unless I have a terrible accident or a surgery of some kind.

The clinic that I've been going to my entire life told me that if I make less than 4 times the poverty rate, they would treat me for anything from a doctors visit right up to major surgery, and they wouldn't bill me one dime PROVIDED I have no health insurance at all.

So the problem is that if I take that crap insurance, I am not only paying into something I'll probably never use, but I will still have to pay for all my medical care in cash up to the deductible. If I have no insurance at all, I can use that money for better things and still get the medical care I need for free.

Doing the math, if I take the insurance, it will cost me $3,000 a year for the insurance, and if I actually get $3,000 of medical care that I have to pay for in cash, I wasted $6,000. With no insurance, I keep that $6,000 per year.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2014

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The clinic that I've been going to my entire life told me that if I make less than 4 times the poverty rate, they would treat me for anything from a doctors visit right up to major surgery, and they wouldn't bill me one dime PROVIDED I have no health insurance at all.
It sounds like you are fortunate to have good healthcare at no cost to you. Sounds like what those "liberals" have been suggesting for all of us, right?

So, tell me why you are upset about losing your employer-sponsored insurance? It sounds like you just have more money in your pocket, but you still have healthcare.

The Free Clinic of Cleveland is a wonderful resource (I had a friend that used to volunteer there when it was just getting started in the early 1970s.) But you must realize that it depends on professionals donating their services, cash donations from individuals and organizations, and (a big piece of the pie) money from the government. It's charity, for those unable to provide for themselves. Does that bother you?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

25 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama seen as threat to Constitution 27 min Pope Che Reagan Christ I 31
Lois Lerner linked to another erased hard drive 29 min Pope Che Reagan Christ I 89
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 1 hr Interesting 2,218
A McDefecation Burger 1 hr yeah baby yeah 1
blaze aka daydream aka smiles aka Rachael Jarvis 9 hr foster 7
Judge rules that 18-year-old is competent to st... 11 hr They cannot kill a Spook 1
Do you agree with Texas protecting its own border? 12 hr Duke for Mayor 10
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE