|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2014

Judged:

woo-boy wrote:
Good god-two delusional nutcases are on a roll today. It's obvious that you're both in that 25% of people who believe that the sun revolves around the earth.
Actually the statement was that 51% didn't know that Earth revolves around the the Sun in a years time.
But IF you want to go back to the 'Flat Earth', or that the Earth is the center of the solar system go right ahead & show your closed mindedness.
YOU can also be an example of how the left twist things to prove a non-fact.
Like Goebbels said,& I am paraphrasing, repeat a lie often enough & it becomes the truth.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2014

Judged:

That's like claiming that Sarah Palin said that she could see Russia from her Alaskan home. She NEVER said that. Tina Faye said that on SNL (which is cool. It's a comedy show) but some how it became 'fact' that Sarah had said that.
Sad but true that that shows how sheeple the progressives are & how biased the main press is.
What ever happened to the majority of the press voicing the truth? I know, the printed press is dying with the internet age & they are doing whatever it takes to continue printing/voicing whatever gets them sponsorship/advertising dollars or they would cease to exist.
They are having trouble evolving with the times just as the tobacco companies are. No bias here, just an observation.
ino

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2014

Judged:

http://www.ralstonreports.com/blog/union-rese...

As national Democrats prepare to run against the GOP on income equality issues, a giant union has issued a scathing Obamacare document that could undermine that case.

"The Irony of ObamaCare: Making Inequality Worse" is the title of the UNITE HERE (Culinary parent) document that is posted here and soon to be making its way to Capitol Hill. It is devastating to the Democrats. To wit:

Ironically, the Administration’s own signature healthcare victory poses one of the most immediate challenges to redressing inequality. Yes, the Affordable Care Act will help many more Americans gain some health insurance coverage, a significant step forward for equality. At the same time, without smart fixes, the ACA threatens the middle class with higher premiums, loss of hours, and a shift to part-time work and less comprehensive coverage.

The paper argues that the Affordable Care Act will transfer a billion dollars in wealth to insurance companies, create an unlevel playing field in the market, force employers to cut back hours and result in pay decreases. It lays it out in detail, with examples of union workers affected by Obamacare.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2014

Judged:

Pops wrote:
That's like claiming that Sarah Palin said that she could see Russia from her Alaskan home. She NEVER said that. Tina Faye said that on SNL (which is cool. It's a comedy show) but some how it became 'fact' that Sarah had said that.
Here's exactly what Sarah said to Charlie Gibson of ABC. It was topical when Tina Fey did her impression. Have you forgotten?

Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2014

For those that don't feel like clicking on the link, here is what she said:

"Later in the interview, Palin was asked why exactly being the governor of Alaska made her an expert on Russia -- a claim that the McCain campaign has used to justify her national security bonafides. Her response was to cite geographic proximity, claiming that from some points in her home state, one could actually see the increasingly confrontational nation.

PALIN: We have to keep our eyes on Russia. Under the leadership there.

GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions does the proximity of the state give you?

PALIN: They're our next door neighbors. And you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/11/pali...

Not wrong, just evasive of the thrust of his main question: "why are you an expert of Russia?" I think this was a turning point in that election. Her choice was horrible mistake by McCain, and this interview revealed that to the nation. She was amazingly uninformed on a wide range of issues.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2014

Judged:

half-breed wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't know anyone believed that.
... the sun revolving around the earth ... makes me wonder what kind of associations you have, and if your parents know.
He might just be hanging out with those that believe that the Bible is literally true.

"12 Then Joshua spoke to the Lord in the day when the Lord delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel:

“Sun, stand still over Gibeon;
And Moon, in the Valley of Aijalon.”

13 So the sun stood still,
And the moon stopped,
Till the people had revenge
Upon their enemies.

Is this not written in the Book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and did not hasten to go down for about a whole day. "

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

You'll notice that it's not the rotation of the Earth that was stopped by God, but the movement of the Sun. Which suggests that the Sun revolves around the Earth.

"Also troubling is the inability of many Americans to distinguish science from pseudoscience... the most glaring — and embarrassing — finding is that 26 percent of us think the sun orbits the Earth. That’s right. One-fourth of us believe that glowing orb is moving around us instead of the other way around."

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/2014...
half-breed

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2014

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
Not wrong, just evasive of the thrust of his main question: "why are you an expert of Russia?" I think this was a turning point in that election. Her choice was horrible mistake by McCain, and this interview revealed that to the nation. She was amazingly uninformed on a wide range of issues.
What was it about Biden that impressed you so much? Maybe it was his story about FDR on TV when the stock market crashed ....

half-breed

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2014

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
You'll notice that it's not the rotation of the Earth that was stopped by God, but the movement of the Sun. Which suggests that the Sun revolves around the Earth."
Everyone still says "the sun rises in the east and sets in the west". You probably even say it.
"Also troubling is the inability of many Americans to distinguish science from pseudoscience... the most glaring — and embarrassing — finding is that 26 percent of us think the sun orbits the Earth. That’s right. One-fourth of us believe that glowing orb is moving around us instead of the other way around."
Considering that many kids graduate without knowing how to read and write effectively, why is that a surprise? But I bet even those kids know there aren't 60 U.S. states.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2014

half-breed wrote:
What was it about Biden that impressed you so much?
I felt he was a safe, if boring, pick. He was a young Senator way back in 1973. First ran for President in 1988. He knows the political ropes, very experienced and is no dummy (though he sometimes says dumb things.) And running for President tends to reveal any obvious skeletons in your closet.

Sarah Palin was terribly inexperienced and ignorant of the larger world. That's not a crime, but it's a horrible liability for someone who might suddenly have to be President. It reflected badly on McCain's judgement. And I still like McCain (though he sometimes says dumb things.)
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

half-breed wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone still says "the sun rises in the east and sets in the west". You probably even say it.
<quoted text>
Considering that many kids graduate without knowing how to read and write effectively, why is that a surprise? But I bet even those kids know there aren't 60 U.S. states.
We kinda' extend over 50 states;

americanhistory.about.com/library/charts/blch...
half-breed

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

Judged:

woo-boy wrote:
We kinda' extend over 50 states
But for some reason, there are only 50 stars on the flag. Maybe because territories aren't real states? Even with the territories counted, though, it doesn't add up to 60.

And just in case there's some confusion about it, corpsman isn't pronounced "corpse-man" and "respect" is spelled with 2 "e"s.
half-breed

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
I felt he was a safe, if boring, pick. He was a young Senator way back in 1973. First ran for President in 1988. He knows the political ropes, very experienced and is no dummy (though he sometimes says dumb things.) And running for President tends to reveal any obvious skeletons in your closet.
Sarah Palin was terribly inexperienced and ignorant of the larger world. That's not a crime, but it's a horrible liability for someone who might suddenly have to be President. It reflected badly on McCain's judgement. And I still like McCain (though he sometimes says dumb things.)
In Sarah Palin's case, not knowing a lot of facts doesn't mean she's ignorant of the larger world. She's very intuitive, and has an understanding of history. She's able to accurately predict the direction a leader will take, based on his political beliefs. Biden, on the other hand, may be a gift for being able to make up his own history on the spot, and he is, indeed, politically experienced -- which may or may not be something to brag about -- but he's dumb as a rock when it comes to intuitiveness.
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

Sarah Palin made two wildly inaccurate claims on the debt accumulated under President Obama and oil imports. She wrongly said that the debt had grown more under Obama than "all those other presidents combined." She also was way off when she claimed that the U.S. is going to spend "$8 billion a day" on oil imports this year and next year to make up for declining oil production in the Gulf of Mexico. The actual amount is less than $20 million a day.
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

Palin, May 31: "Look at the debt that has been accumulated in the last two years. It's more debt under this president than all those other presidents combined." -Sarah Palin

The public debt on Jan. 20, 2009, when Obama took office was $6.3 trillion. So "all those other presidents combined" were responsible for $6.3 trillion in debt. Under Obama, it has grown by $3.4 trillion to $9.7 trillion, as of May 27, the most recent figures available. The debt is certainly a major issue these days — Democrats and Republicans are still wrangling over spending and the debt ceiling. But Palin is off by SEVERAL TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS.
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

"[Paul Revere] did warn the British. And in a shout-out, gotcha-type of question that was asked of me, I answered candidly. And I know my American history." --Sarah Palin, defending her botched Paul Revere history lesson by taking issue with the reporter, who simply asked her "What have you seen so far today, and what are you going to take away from your visit?" (Fox News Sunday interview, June 5, 2011)

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed." --Sarah Palin, on Paul Revere's midnight ride, June 3, 2011
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

She has a good gut feeling on things and knows her history. Except for the fact that Sarah Palin is a tool for the oil industry and doesn't have a clue about history.

All just a religious and oil lobby agenda. Nothing more
jhfs

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

koo-koo=oo=oo
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

Judged:

ino wrote:
http://www.ralstonreports.com/ blog/union-research-document-s ays-obamacare-will-hasten-inco me-inequality#.Ux0SJumPKAK
As national Democrats prepare to run against the GOP on income equality issues, a giant union has issued a scathing Obamacare document that could undermine that case.
"The Irony of ObamaCare: Making Inequality Worse" is the title of the UNITE HERE (Culinary parent) document that is posted here and soon to be making its way to Capitol Hill. It is devastating to the Democrats. To wit:
Ironically, the Administration’s own signature healthcare victory poses one of the most immediate challenges to redressing inequality. Yes, the Affordable Care Act will help many more Americans gain some health insurance coverage, a significant step forward for equality. At the same time, without smart fixes, the ACA threatens the middle class with higher premiums, loss of hours, and a shift to part-time work and less comprehensive coverage.
The paper argues that the Affordable Care Act will transfer a billion dollars in wealth to insurance companies, create an unlevel playing field in the market, force employers to cut back hours and result in pay decreases. It lays it out in detail, with examples of union workers affected by Obamacare.
Proven a hoax months ago and shown that it was a hoax on this forum.
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

Allan Pacela and his family:

I am a retired engineer on Medicare, and my wife had long been insured by Cigna, under a group plan from my engineers' society. Because of minor pre-existing conditions, she could not leave that plan, because no other plan would insure her.
The Cigna premiums increased to $5,000 per quarter, or $20,000 per year, just for my wife. This year, Cigna canceled the entire plan, leaving her with no insurance.

So, we turned to Obamacare. She found it simple and easy to sign up through an agent in a 10-minute phone call. She obtained their best plan, providing much much better coverage than in the past, at a cost of $3,000 per quarter.

My wife would not have insurance coverage at all as of Jan. 1, if not for Obamacare. And, here's the kicker - we now are saving $8,000 per year, for a very much better plan.
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

Joy Kramer, 54, of Georgia, a cancer survivor who may be paying just $210 after being denied :

[S]he’s grateful for the Affordable Care Act, and she doesn’t have much patience with its many critics.
“I think those people have never experienced what I’ve experienced,’’ she says.“They are shutting the door on the cancer survivors and the self-employed.”

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus