Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#26107 Feb 26, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>Since you presumably don't have a vagina, and you'll never have to worry about getting pregnant, your opinion about abortion doesn't matter, and you shouldn't be allowed to vote. You don't have any skin in the game. See how that works, lil fascist trucker buddy?
Oh, and you can't have male birth control because it goes against God's will...
Pops is back & you are nuts. I was a single custodial MALE parent in the 80's & 90's when the courts & society leaned strongly for the 'mom's' & it was a legal struggle to do what was right but since you are are so knowing explain why the fathers do not matter. It took TWO to make that child, NOT just the mother. I was the 1st non-medical person to hold each child, I changed more diapers than their 'mom', I feed MORE bottles of milk including breast milk (which their mother pumped), took EVERY so called 2am feeding until there were no more 2am feedings & kept more doctor appointments than the 'mom' & did indeed deliver the 3rd child.
Other than the fact that the mother physically carries a fetus thru gestation, make an effort to convince me that the father has NO . factor in PRO-creation. Has no more or less say in which pregnancy should be terminated or not.
Convince me that the father wishes/opinions do NOT factor in.
Since I have lived the situation you can NOT convince me.
Little Facist dumb a$$.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#26108 Feb 26, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>Since you presumably don't have a vagina, and you'll never have to worry about getting pregnant, your opinion about abortion doesn't matter, and you shouldn't be allowed to vote. You don't have any skin in the game. See how that works, lil fascist trucker buddy?
Oh, and you can't have male birth control because it goes against God's will...
I might add that YOU are a vagina & that fathering a child does in fact create SKIN IN THE GAME of BOTH parents.
Where do you think that the SKIN of the offspring comes from? But from BOTH of the parents.

mutt

Van Wert, OH

#26109 Feb 26, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>I might add that YOU are a vagina & that fathering a child does in fact create SKIN IN THE GAME of BOTH parents.
Where do you think that the SKIN of the offspring comes from? But from BOTH of the parents.
Well, XXX is admittedly single, sex outside of marriage goes against God's will, and every fetus has a right to be born, then quickly brainwashed into believing "creation science" in public schools.
It's really simple, actually. If you hadn't lived a life of sin, maybe your senile oldass would understand.
You should listen to Rush Limbaugh sometime. He never lies, unlike our Muslim communist president...
Canton

Chillicothe, OH

#26110 Feb 26, 2014
mutt wrote:
You should listen to Rush Limbaugh sometime. He never lies, unlike our Muslim communist president...
That's the first smart thing you've said on here, 101.
mutt

Van Wert, OH

#26111 Feb 26, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the first smart thing you've said on here, 101.
Right. If you're a batsh!t crazy cannibal, that is...

Since: Jan 13

Nicholasville, KY

#26112 Feb 26, 2014
Whatever happened to just being responsible for your actions. It takes two to make a child responsibility should be shared equally. Dudes wear a condom, girls get on some form of birth control. People are keeping Maury in TV shows with all this baby daddy bullshit. Be responsible for your choices in life.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#26113 Feb 26, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
It's pretty easy to lose the thread of the conversation here on Topix, especially when conversations sometimes span several days. Here's a brief summary of a recent exchange:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I was responding to your assertion "there is no way Southern Democrats changed their affiliation to Republican", with a concrete example (Strom Thurmond changing from Democrat to Republican) and another link that discussed the transformation of the South in general from Democrat to Republican. Your one sentence reply leads me to believe that you did not read the articles at all, and still don't understand this basic bit of our recent history.
"Though the "Solid South" had been a longtime Democratic Party stronghold due to the Democratic Party's defense of slavery before the American Civil War and segregation for a century thereafter, many white Southern Democrats stopped supporting the party following the civil rights plank of the Democratic campaign in 1948 (triggering the Dixiecrats), the African-American Civil Rights Movement, the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Voting Rights Act of 1965, and desegregation.
The strategy was first adopted under future Republican President Richard Nixon and Republican Senator Barry Goldwater in the late 1960s. The strategy was successful in winning 5 formerly Confederate states in both the 1964 and 1968 presidential elections. It contributed to the electoral realignment of some Southern states to the Republican Party, but at the expense of losing more than 90 percent of black voters to the Democratic Party. As the twentieth century came to a close, the Republican Party began attempting to appeal to black voters again, though with little success."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strateg...
Democrats in the South didn't change to Republican is the point and the Southern Democrats in the 1960's still shared the same views as Democrats like FDR who had no use for Blacks and FDR himself didn't even want to think of having Father Devine living across from him in HydePark, NY when Father Devine made the attempt to purchase a property in HydePark, NY and FDR had it stopped.

October 15, 2012

The Democratic Party's Long History of Racism

Ethel C. Fenig

It was Bull Connor, a member of the Democrat National Committee, who turned the hoses on the marchers in Birmingham, and it was the Republicans who made up the majority that passed the 1964 Civil Rights Act, over the filibuster of such Democrat paragons as William Fulbright and Al Gore Sr.- and Grand Kleagle Byrd.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2012/10/t...
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

#26114 Feb 27, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
There's that word VERIFY- scientists can....you can't. They may disagree, but they have VERIFIABLE proof.
If they had verifiable proof, there wouldn't much of a disagreement.
Canton

Canton, OH

#26115 Feb 27, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone every find out where Obama was during all those hours that the Benghazi embassy was being attacked? Wonder why Obama doesn't answer such a simple question?
"Where were you when Chris Stevens and 3 other Americans were being murdered, Mr. President?"
"uh ... uh ... I uh ... it was the video's fault ... uh ... yeah, yeah, that's the ticket ... uh huh."
Until Obama starts answering some elementary questions, then there's a scandal. He's created it himself.
And as far as you liberals and your so-called "science" goes, you have this fantasy that everything suddenly appeared out of absolutely nothing -- in complete defiance of basic scientific laws -- but somehow it doesn't defy basic scientific laws. Your science is as fuzzy as your math (i.e. spending $7 trillion dollars in 5 years is better than spending $5 trillion in 8 years).
Anyone figure out why the right ignores the 18 embassy attacks on GW Bush's watch? I guess the American lives that were lost in those attacks are just not that important to the Republicans. Strange, seeing how "outraged" they were over common turmoil in that part of the world, on Obama's watch. It's almost as if...nah. It couldn't be. Surely these "Patriots"aren't jumping on any bogus scandal because they don't like black people.
Canton

Canton, OH

#26116 Feb 27, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Getting pregnant does not happen to people that watch too much television. It's not just dumb luck. I never said somebody else getting an abortion is my business. What I am saying is that because we do have legal abortions, people are more careless because there is always an easy out.
If we ever want to really cut unwanted pregnancies, then they need to come out with a male birth control pill.
If people are more careless because abortion is legal, then explain the 13% drop in the abortion rate under this "godless liberal" administration. In fact, I read an article that all the new babies are fueling the housing market. Since most abortions are done by Christian women in this country, it must be due to the 10% drop in those that claim they are Christian in this country, that has caused the drop in abortion.

So housing market growing. Stock Market climbing, manufacturing showing growth, unemployment lower than under Reagan. If only we would have voted for Romney, we could have been at war with Iran right now instead of getting back on our feet.

Since: Jan 13

Lexington, KY

#26117 Feb 27, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
If they had verifiable proof, there wouldn't much of a disagreement.
The only reason bible thumpers disagree is because its easier to use a book of fairy tales as a point of reference than to look at scientific evidence. Denial sure runs deep doesn't it, keep believing the lie.
Canton

Canton, OH

#26118 Feb 27, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Republican 101, I hate to be the one to inform you that his opinion does matter. His taxes pay for some of those abortions.
You mean the same taxes we pay that go to fund public schools? Now about you wanting to force Christian Creationism to be taught in public school science classes...
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#26119 Feb 27, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Republican 101, I hate to be the one to inform you that his opinion does matter. His taxes pay for some of those abortions.
Only as the law clearly states: Only in the case of RAPE, INCEST or MEDICALLY NECESSARY.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#26120 Feb 27, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
Democrats in the South didn't change to Republican is the point...
You can keep saying that as much as you like, but it's still not true. Linking to a blog of another misinformed person really doesn't help your case.

"In the 1950s and 1960s, the Republican Party generally opposed desegregation and the Civil Rights Movement. This stance caused a major shift in the voting practices of the African American community to the support of the Democratic Party, the faction which helped legislate laws such as the Voting Rights Act. Party officials, specifically President Richard Nixon's political strategist Kevin Phillips, understood that in order for the Republicans to win the Southern states, they needed to focus their attention on the Caucasian population.

The implementation of the Southern Strategy by the Republican Party represented a major shift in political power in the region. Since the Civil War, the Democratic Party was the primary force in the South due to its support of the region during Reconstruction. In addition, the Republican candidate Abraham Lincoln was seen as the primary instigator of the war by most Southern residents. Between the 1950s and the early 1980s, the South shifted to major support for the Republicans."

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-the-southern-...
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#26121 Feb 27, 2014
mutt pretending to be Canton wrote:
Two scientists looking at the same fossil can come up with two different theories about it, and neither one can be proven. The fossil record means absolutely nothing, other than to verify that something lived on the earth at one time.
Of course, since you have no training in science, your opinion doesn't count for much. Among scientists, the fossil record means a great deal. And the vast majority of scientists believe that evidence supports the theory of evolution.

"A 2009 poll by Pew Research Center found that "Nearly all scientists (97%) say humans and other living things have evolved over time 87% say evolution is due to natural processes, such as natural selection."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Level_of_support...

Location hidden

#26122 Feb 27, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
You can keep saying that as much as you like, but it's still not true. Linking to a blog of another misinformed person really doesn't help your case.
"In the 1950s and 1960s, the Republican Party generally opposed desegregation and the Civil Rights Movement. This stance caused a major shift in the voting practices of the African American community to the support of the Democratic Party, the faction which helped legislate laws such as the Voting Rights Act. Party officials, specifically President Richard Nixon's political strategist Kevin Phillips, understood that in order for the Republicans to win the Southern states, they needed to focus their attention on the Caucasian population.
The implementation of the Southern Strategy by the Republican Party represented a major shift in political power in the region. Since the Civil War, the Democratic Party was the primary force in the South due to its support of the region during Reconstruction. In addition, the Republican candidate Abraham Lincoln was seen as the primary instigator of the war by most Southern residents. Between the 1950s and the early 1980s, the South shifted to major support for the Republicans."
It is true which even FDR & the Democrats were pro segregationist and exempted Blacks and made sure they didnt benefit from the New Deal which is a known fact and it is also a known fact that FDR and the Democrats made sure and mandated in Detroit, MI that a wall be erected to keep blacks on the other side in Detroit since Blacks under the FDR adminstration were not allowed or permitted to live beyond the Detriot Wall in the new all white suburbs of Detroit which is how FDR and the Democrats wanted and they called that Liberalism and the Southern Democrats were Democrats still in the 1960's that held to their beliefs of Liberalism that was founded under FDR is the point and the Southern Democrats did not cross over into Republican Party as Liberal Democrats want to claim and if you want to know I am a Democrat that will tell the truth about the History of the Democrat Party and not afraid to point out the bigots and the bigotry within the Democart Party either.

Detroit Wall

Public or private housing being hard to come by in the city, some African Americans were able to purchase land lots around the Wyoming Avenue and 8 Mile intersection with hopes of eventually building houses. By the late thirties development had reached the northern limits of the city and had surrounded this area with prosperous neighborhoods of single unit family houses. West Outer Drive, Palmer Woods and Sherwood Forest were the all-white neighborhoods in close proximity to this African American enclave. The area was mostly vacant and unattractive to contractors due to its residents as it violated FHA's policy of racially homogeneous neighborhoods. When the FHA was approached by a developer wanting to build an all-white subdivision west of the site, funding was refused because the area was too risky for investment. In a compromise with the FHA, the developer erected the wall that was to divide the "slum" from his new construction project

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detroit_Wall

Why Did FDRs New Deal Harm Blacks?

By Jim Powell

December 3, 2003

http://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/w...
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#26123 Feb 27, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
Democrats in the South didn't change to Republican is the point...
Old Guy wrote:
You can keep saying that as much as you like, but it's still not true.

"Between the 1950s and the early 1980s, the South shifted to major support for the Republicans."
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
It is true...the Southern Democrats did not cross over into Republican Party as Liberal Democrats want to claim...
Here's the head of the Republican National Committee talking about the Southern Strategy:

"It was called "the southern strategy," started under Richard M. Nixon in 1968, and described Republican efforts to use race as a wedge issue -- on matters such as desegregation and busing -- to appeal to white southern voters.

Ken Mehlman, the Republican National Committee chairman, this morning will tell the NAACP national convention in Milwaukee that it was "wrong."

"By the '70s and into the '80s and '90s, the Democratic Party solidified its gains in the African American community, and we Republicans did not effectively reach out," Mehlman says in his prepared text. "Some Republicans gave up on winning the African American vote, looking the other way or trying to benefit politically from racial polarization. I am here today as the Republican chairman to tell you we were wrong."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...

Location hidden

#26124 Feb 27, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Here's the head of the Republican National Committee talking about the Southern Strategy:
"It was called "the southern strategy," started under Richard M. Nixon in 1968, and described Republican efforts to use race as a wedge issue -- on matters such as desegregation and busing -- to appeal to white southern voters.
Ken Mehlman, the Republican National Committee chairman, this morning will tell the NAACP national convention in Milwaukee that it was "wrong."
"By the '70s and into the '80s and '90s, the Democratic Party solidified its gains in the African American community, and we Republicans did not effectively reach out," Mehlman says in his prepared text. "Some Republicans gave up on winning the African American vote, looking the other way or trying to benefit politically from racial polarization. I am here today as the Republican chairman to tell you we were wrong."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...
Nixon was a Liberal too and an American hero of the Left.

Richard Nixon, hero of the American Left

He's justifiably reviled by historians, but Nixon's politics were far more progressive than we give him credit

Emmett Rensin, LA Review of Books

Sunday, May 5, 2013 09:00 AM EDT

http://www.salon.com/2013/05/05/i_was_a_nixon...
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#26125 Feb 27, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Nixon was a Liberal too and an American hero of the Left.
I can understand why you'd like to change the topic --- wouldn't it be easier just to admit you were mistaken?

I was an adult during Nixon's presidency --- he was never a "hero of the Left."
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#26126 Feb 27, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
...if you want to know I am a Democrat that will tell the truth about the History of the Democrat Party and not afraid to point out the bigots and the bigotry within the Democart Party either.
You're a Democrat? I find that hard to believe. For one thing, most Democrats refer to it as the "Democratic Party" --- "Democrat Party" is an epithet used by Republicans.

Tell me the last Democratic Presidential candidate that you voted for.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dear Duke (Got a problem, I've got your solution) 1 hr d pantz 90
Marion Woman Sentenced To 5 Years For Taking Sh... 1 hr They cannot kill ... 1
Armed Contractor on Elevator with President 1 hr -The-Artist- 57
Carolyn Bruck, channel 6 (Jan '12) 2 hr They cannot kill ... 317
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 2 hr Pale Rider 3,555
Double standards for muslims, bending league rules 2 hr BizzyBee 46
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 3 hr Concerned Brother 959
Two fish were swimming upstream.... 8 hr Duke for Mayor 385
Columbus Dating

more search filters