Reality Check

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Looks like the truck driving weather expert took a page out of the creation science lapdog's playbook and finally STFU.
Funny how he claimed to have ALL the answers, but just couldn't manage to back up a single one of his dumbass opinions with a reputable source...
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>

Everyone is limited to marriage of the opposite sex by law. Everyone.
Except in the 17 states where same sex marriage is now legal.

"As of February 2014, seventeen states (California, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington), as well as the District of Columbia, have legalized same-sex marriage..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same-sex_marriag...

There was a time when many in this country felt that marriage could only happen between people of the same race, and passed laws to ensure that.

Here was the conservative viewpoint on marriage, 100 years ago:

"Intermarriage between whites and blacks is repulsive and averse to every sentiment of pure American spirit. It is abhorrent and repugnant to the very principles of Saxon government. It is subversive of social peace. It is destructive of moral supremacy, and ultimately this slavery of white women to black beasts will bring this nation a conflict as fatal as ever reddened the soil of Virginia or crimsoned the mountain paths of Pennsylvania."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-miscegenati...

Does this argument sound familiar? It's the same one being used against gay marriage today. Times and attitudes change.
Reality Check

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Better than not being smart enough to follow a conversation. I listed several things I would like to see before somebody could vote, and you didn't specify which one you were talking about, only to reply with some off beat comparison of advanced degrees.
Actually, their response followed the conversation quite nicely. You made an imaginary list of restrictions for voting, and they added to it.
You'd understand that, if you weren't a lowly truck driving retard.
Oh well, back to you explaining away your numerous lies from the comfort of your haunted 18 wheeler...
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Better than not being smart enough to follow a conversation. I listed several things I would like to see before somebody could vote, and you didn't specify which one you were talking about, only to reply with some off beat comparison of advanced degrees.
I wasn't talking about any of your stupid voter qualifications, I was offering my own.

Isn't level of education a more relevant indicator of intelligence that the ability to hold a job that results in having to file a tax return?
Helen Roper

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

You worthless liberals are gonna get a big wake up call in November.
Republican 101

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't level of education a more relevant indicator of intelligence that the ability to hold a job that results in having to file a tax return?
I wish that only wealthy white landowning men could vote. That's the "conservative, morally superior" Murrika I want to git back to.
Ah, the good old days...
Reality Check

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

Helen Roper wrote:
Be prepared to eat those words in December, basketcase...
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Helen Roper wrote:
Ooooh scary. We've all heard your camp's feeble predictions before. You got your wake up call two elections ago. Don't you EVER forget who told you to stick your crazy tea bagger agenda up your inbred @ss. The American voters, that's who.
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Both sides are in on it. But it's the Democrats that push for amnesty more than Republicans. Having them here has something for both parties. That's why both sides are selling out America.
Darn those Liberals.

"To realize his vision of what he calls "the new America," President George W. Bush proposed a dramatic and sweeping expansion of American immigration policy, including amnesty for an estimated 9 million to 12 million illegal aliens living in the U.S."
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? I seem to remember not having any problem with the air or water while Bush and the Republicans were running the whole show. I don't remember us being like China either.
Now let's see, what administration was it that phased out the good light bulbs in this country? What administration was it when they lowered sulfur content in diesel fuel that made it way more expensive than gasoline and still is today?
Last question. What administration was still in charge in 2007?
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
And I'm sure most of us fellows would also like to be cuddled up to a Victoria's Secrets model too. Let's see, there's a Rolling Stones song that starts out "You can't always get......

“Hereeeeee'ssss UR Pizza”

Since: May 13

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Last question. What administration was still in charge in 2007?
In 2007 the democrats had a majority in both house of congress.......
Helen Roper

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Last question. What administration was still in charge in 2007?
a good one.
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Helen Roper wrote:
<quoted text>a good one.
Is that why you right wing Conservative Republicans...ooops. Forgot, after Bush you didn't want to be called that any more. Wonder why? Anyway...Is that why you Tea Baggers were jumping off the sinking Bush ship like rats?
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? And what happened with that policy?
What does what happened to Bush's intentions have to do with you saying it was the Democrats who are always pushing for amnesty? Nothing? Thought so. Let us know when you can back up one, just one single claim you make. That is, without going to a proven liar or Tea Bagger propaganda site.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Now let's see, what administration was it that phased out the good light bulbs in this country?
That would be the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007.
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>What administration was still in charge in 2007?
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
George Walker Bush (born July 6, 1946) is an American politician and businessman who served as the 43rd President of the United States of America from 2001 to 2009[4]
Need the link????
No, you are quite correct.

"The revised Senate bill passed 86-8 on December 13. The House approved this final version 314-100 on December 18, and President Bush signed it the following day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_Independe...
Helen Roper

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

A monkey could do better than Obama. He's probably one of the least qualified presidents this country will ever see. However, the electorate of the country has become pretty stupid as well. Union members. Teachers. All liberal hacks. I miss Reagan. He had class. He was presidential. Obama is just a complete idiot.
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh. So nothing happened with amnesty under Bush is what you're saying. I see. He wanted Social Security reform too and didn't get that either.
But getting back to the present, who is it that's pushing for amnesty now? Who is resisting amnesty now?
Uhhhh... you mean John Boehner?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/dec/...

Too stupid to know your baseless crap don't cut it any more, I see. Now if only the argument was over whether Bush PASSED an amnesty bill. Hey Rubber Ducky...it wasn't. FAIL
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

"December 19, 2007
Bush Signs Broad Energy Bill
By JOHN M. BRODER

WASHINGTON — Legislation that will slowly but fundamentally change the cars Americans drive, the fuel they burn, the way they light their homes and the price they pay for food was signed by President Bush Wednesday after having been adopted by the House on Tuesday by a large margin.

“Today, we make a major step with the Energy Independence and Security Act,” the president said after signing the bill at the Department of Energy.“We make a major step toward reducing our dependence on oil, confronting global climate change, expanding production of renewable fuels and giving future generations a nation that is stronger, cleaner and more secure.

The bill, which passed on a bipartisan vote of 314 to 100, sets higher fuel economy standards for cars and light trucks by law for the first time in 32 years and requires the production of 36 billion gallons of renewable fuels by 2022, a nearly fivefold increase from current ethanol production levels.

The measure also establishes new efficiency requirements for household appliances and government buildings and sets a goal of phasing out the incandescent light bulb within 10 years."

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/19/washington/...
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Helen Roper wrote:
A monkey could do better than Obama. He's probably one of the least qualified presidents this country will ever see. However, the electorate of the country has become pretty stupid as well. Union members. Teachers. All liberal hacks. I miss Reagan. He had class. He was presidential. Obama is just a complete idiot.
So it's the color of his skin and nothing more. Thanks for clearing that up. Bet you're just another trust fund hand me down success story crying about teachers and poor people. Get your lazy @ss back down in your Doomsday Bible bunker. We'll let you know if we need any Tea Bagger crazy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

39 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
2 men die in shooting at Columbus home 3 min They cannot kill a Spook 4
palin: americans will support impeachment if...... 14 min Black Rhino 38
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 24 min scirocco 2,913
Exposing The Exposers: Repeat Offenders Can Be ... 56 min They cannot kill a Spook 1
Wendy's is testing customized sandwiches 1 hr They cannot kill a Spook 3
Do we need to impeach Obama to save America? 2 hr Black Rhino 66
Do you agree with Obama's plan to fundamentally... 2 hr Black Rhino 77
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 18 hr Concerned Brother 840
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••