seriously

Chillicothe, OH

#24679 Jan 27, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you think you know someone.
*sigh* Once again I have no clue what you are trying to say.
Pops

Newport, KY

#24680 Jan 27, 2014
Super Mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
You just told 3 in your last post to me:
<quoted text>
Lie.
Old Guy has taken the time to find links to back up every one of his arguments, as faulty as they may be.
<quoted text>
Lie.
I've shared sound, scientific arguments against global warming hysteria, as well as quotes from reputed scientists who are either skeptical or don't believe that man-made global warming is occurring.
<quoted text>
Lie.
Gallup poll dated Jan 10, 2014:
Source:
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2014/01/...
People identifying as liberals: 23%
People identifying as conservatives: 38%
And then for good measure, I'll refer you to your post about racism in the democrat party (#24400). I had listed the history of racism from slavery thru the Jim Crow Era. Yet, you still said I would have to go back to the Civil War to find a racist democrat. Lie.
AMAZINGLY straight up & pointed !

“Hereeeeee'ssss UR Pizza”

Since: May 13

Columbus, OH

#24682 Jan 27, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not need the likes of you to tell me what he said.
I am telling you what he didn't say: That millions of women voters disagree with his intent to limit availability to low cost/free contraception.
Bye bye GOP 2016
woof
LOL

Are you making a prediction on the record?

How do you think it will go in 2014?

“Hereeeeee'ssss UR Pizza”

Since: May 13

Columbus, OH

#24684 Jan 27, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Those definitions come from an anonymous poster, on a website that is crude and appears to be the work of a single individual. Why should I believe him anymore than I do you? This whole "sovereign individual" bit is a bunch of nonsense, and has nothing to do with the definition of of "republic" or democracy.
"republic
re·pub·lic
[ri-puhb-lik]
noun
a state in which the supreme power rests in the body of citizens entitled to vote and is exercised by representatives chosen directly or indirectly by them.
any body of persons viewed as a commonwealth.
a state in which the head of government is not a monarch or other hereditary head of state."
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/republ...
"democracy
de·moc·ra·cy
[dih-mok-ruh-see]
noun, plural de·moc·ra·cies.
government by the people; a form of government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised directly by them or by their elected agents under a free electoral system.
a state having such a form of government: The United States and Canada are democracies.
a state of society characterized by formal equality of rights and privileges."
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/democr...
This whole "sovereign citizen" nonsense was never a part of the definition of either word. The concept didn't even exist until the late 1960s.
"The concept of a sovereign citizen originated in the Posse Comitatus movement as a teaching of Christian Identity minister William P. Gale. The concept has influenced the tax protester movement, the Christian Patriot movement, and the redemption movement—the last of which claims that the U.S. government uses its citizens as collateral against foreign debt."
"The United States Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) classifies "sovereign citizen extremists" among domestic terror threats."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereign_citize...
So then, How did you vote on the affordable care act???? For or against?
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#24686 Jan 27, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
How about pointing us to any scientific organization (not an individual) that supports your beliefs. If it is not a fringe belief, that should not be difficult.
Here's a link to a list of 198 well known scientific organizations, all of which support the idea that climate change is real and is man made:
http://opr.ca.gov/s_listoforganizations.php
Where's your list?
Super Mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
Organizations are usually bought and paid for, and sometimes don't even have the interests of their members in mind....
I've already given you a long list of scientists who doubt or disbelieve in man-made global warming.
No list, then? What a surprise. Oh, any evidence for your observation about specific organizations being "bought and paid for"? No?
Super Mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
Continue on with your hysteria.
I can always tell when you find yourself in a corner, because then you resort to the gratuitous insult. Insults work best when they have some connection to reality. You should have tried an age related insult on me, it might have stung.
Canton

Canton, OH

#24687 Jan 27, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you're not a liberal, you're a progressive. We keep forgetting how liberal has been turned into a naughty word the last few years. That's why you changed to Progressive.
The funny thing is that in your own mind, you're right all the time no matter how many links or articles we post to prove you're wrong. You just put the palms of your hands to your ears and sing aloud. You call our articles lies or right-wing. Then later on say how none of us have ever proved you wrong.
That's why I say you are a legend in your own mind.
I said although many call me liar, no one seems to be able to back this up. I have also told you what I think of your oil industry funded Heritage Foundation links you have posted so many times. Also, I'm really not that into politics. I just despise the conniving conservative right wingers.
Canton

Canton, OH

#24688 Jan 27, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a legend in your own mind Canton.
And you are the legend of a lonely climate expert trucker. Driving the highways in his 18 wheeler haunted weather lab.
fred for the people

Fort Wayne, IN

#24689 Jan 27, 2014
Bib

Since: Jan 14

Chillicothe, OH

#24690 Jan 27, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
No list, then? What a surprise. Oh, any evidence for your observation about specific organizations being "bought and paid for"? No?
I told you I wasn't going to bother looking up organizations. There's no point. And yes, of course there's evidence of organizations being bought & paid for. Here's the one I mentioned earlier .....

The AMA: 72 million reasons to help shrink doctors' pay
http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/201...

I'm guessing any organization that lobbies for grants and favors must serve its master or be cut off. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.
I can always tell when you find yourself in a corner, because then you resort to the gratuitous insult. Insults work best when they have some connection to reality. You should have tried an age related insult on me, it might have stung.
I don't recall ever having tried to insult you. I've actually enjoyed debating with you. I may get a little snarky here and there, but that's just me. I find the global-warming hysteria very annoying, in large part because it's being used to destroy the country. Don't take it personally.

If you ever want to back me into a corner, then get on the right side of an issue. You're not going to do it by continually being wrong.

Chillicothe, OH

#24691 Jan 27, 2014
Canton wrote:
I said although many call me liar, no one seems to be able to back this up.
Another lie.

Chillicothe, OH

#24692 Jan 27, 2014
Old Guy,

What do you make of this?....

EPA may have suppressed a report skeptical of global warming.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/epa-may-have-supp...
Pops

Newport, KY

#24693 Jan 27, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you're not a liberal, you're a progressive. We keep forgetting how liberal has been turned into a naughty word the last few years. That's why you changed to Progressive.
Not different from changing 'raising taxes' to 'revenue enhancement' among other nomenclature 'readjustments' What a propaganda crock of B.S.!!
Just like Obama's current poll ratings being the result of racists even tho he won 2 elections. How's that for racism being his problem?
It can't be his programs, his lack of transparency, his inability to work across party lines, his actions making it all of the way to the Supreme Court, it can't be the short comings if not failure of the ACA, it can't be all of his scandals, it can't be his minions still blaming Bush 5 yrs later, it can't be the failure of shovel ready jobs, it can't be his NOT knowing doo-doo about a thing until the press brought it up, it can't be his playing more golf in less than 1 term than Bush played in 2 terms, etc etc etc. That's right! It MUST be racism.

Chillicothe, OH

#24694 Jan 27, 2014
Canton wrote:
You have provided a long list of scientists, you say? Lie/VOID
Yes, I did.

I'm not your special-ed teacher from 2nd grade, so there won't be any more repeating shit over and over again. Look it up yourself.

Chillicothe, OH

#24695 Jan 27, 2014
Canton wrote:
I think you need to ponder the fact that there hasn't been an elected Conservative president in your life time. It's called the true voice of the American people.
We can't elect one, if one doesn't run. We have to choose based on the available candidates.
The thing I like about the current Pope, is probably what makes him so much more popular than the last rightwing Pope. He thinks you are a douche. Religion is a form of mental illness.
How fitting that you would choose someone who is mentally ill to validate your position.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#24696 Jan 27, 2014
Super Mutt wrote:
Old Guy,
What do you make of this?....
EPA may have suppressed a report skeptical of global warming.
I can understand why they suppressed it. This fellow is not a climate scientist. According to the article "Carlin has an undergraduate degree in physics from CalTech and a PhD in economics from MIT." The EPA asked for comments, and someone without a background in climate change decided to chime in. Nothing wrong with that, but it doesn't mean that his comments necessarily add value. As the EPA said in its statement "The individual in question is not a scientist and was not part of the working group dealing with this issue."

Canton

Canton, OH

#24697 Jan 27, 2014
Super Mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
We can't elect one, if one doesn't run. We have to choose based on the available candidates.
<quoted text>
How fitting that you would choose someone who is mentally ill to validate your position.
"God" told Bush to invade Iraq. How many times did you vote for him? Super Mutt is why Bob Barker told us to have our pet spayed or neutered for all those years.

Since: Aug 12

United States

#24698 Jan 27, 2014
We didnt vote for GW nearly as many times Obama Phone lady voted for Caesar obviously.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#24699 Jan 28, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
I said although many call me liar, no one seems to be able to back this up. I have also told you what I think of your oil industry funded Heritage Foundation links you have posted so many times. Also, I'm really not that into politics. I just despise the conniving conservative right wingers.
who cares what trash like you dislikes?

you pick through my trash on trash day for your big garage sales.

hope you have a heater for this weekends big sale....stuff stolen from others trash sale.

Chillicothe, OH

#24700 Jan 28, 2014
Canton wrote:
"God" told Bush to invade Iraq. How many times did you vote for him?
The alternatives were Algore (fraud) and Lurch (traitor). Of course I voted for Bush.

Chillicothe, OH

#24701 Jan 28, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
I can understand why they suppressed it. This fellow is not a climate scientist. According to the article "Carlin has an undergraduate degree in physics from CalTech and a PhD in economics from MIT." The EPA asked for comments, and someone without a background in climate change decided to chime in. Nothing wrong with that, but it doesn't mean that his comments necessarily add value. As the EPA said in its statement "The individual in question is not a scientist and was not part of the working group dealing with this issue."
According to the NY Times, Dr. John Davidson, who was mentioned in the CBS article as the co-author of the report, is an environmental scientist in the economics dept at the EPA. He has a PhD in physics. He's worked at the EPA since 1983.(He's a real scientist.)

Carlin himself is a senior operations research analyst who has also worked at the EPA since '83. He has a doctorate in economics and a bachelor's degree in physics. He specializes in cost-benefit analysis and the economics of global climate change control. So, it looks like, to me, his report fell right in line with his job description.

Carlin wasn't told that his report was faulty. He was told in an email by his superior that "the administrator and the administration has decided to move forward on endangerment, and your comments do not help the legal or policy case for this decision". In other words, it didn't fit in with the political agenda.

http://www.nytimes.com/gwire/2009/06/26/26gre...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
happy thanksgiving everyone! 28 min They cannot kill ... 27
Ferguson Missouri safer than Walmart in Circlev... 2 hr Duke for Mayor 14
Ferguson Cop Darren Wilson Will Never Police Again 2 hr Zoe Regen 2
Will Cosby Be Charged With Hate Crimes For Drug... 2 hr Zoe Regen 2
Gallup: Obama Approval Plunges with Working-Cla... 3 hr Zoe Regen 6
Inmate pleads guilty to 1999 murder of prison g... (Jan '10) 5 hr john williams 2
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 5 hr Pale Rider 4,652
Columbus Dating
Find my Match

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:04 pm PST

Bleacher Report12:04PM