Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010?

Posted in the Columbus Forum

Comments (Page 1,123)

Showing posts 22,441 - 22,460 of25,331
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jan 14

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

woo-boy wrote:
Little biased and outdated there, updated in 2009 with quotes from FAUX Snooze. Really.
Really.:) And don't forget the quotes from these and many other award-winning and/or high-respected scientists:

“I am a skeptic…Global warming has become a new religion.”- Nobel Prize Winner for Physics, Ivar Giaever.

“Since I am no longer affiliated with any organization nor receiving any funding, I can speak quite frankly….As a scientist I remain skeptical.”- Atmospheric Scientist Dr. Joanne Simpson, the first woman in the world to receive a PhD in meteorology and formerly of NASA who has authored more than 190 studies and has been called “among the most preeminent scientists of the last 100 years.”

Warming fears are the “worst scientific scandal in the history…When people come to know what the truth is, they will feel deceived by science and scientists.”- UN IPCC Japanese Scientist Dr. Kiminori Itoh, an award-winning PhD environmental physical chemist.

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

Check this out, chimpy:

"Senators Question McCarthy’s Knowledge of Administration Efforts to Skew Results of International Climate Change Report"

http://www.epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm...

Obama lying to further a political agenda? Wow, who would have guessed that.
Super Science Denial

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

Super Mutt wrote:
Check this out, chimpy:
"Senators Question McCarthy’s Knowledge of Administration Efforts to Skew Results of International Climate Change Report"
Obama lying to further a political agenda? Wow, who would have guessed that.
Rightwing politicians questioning Obama....gasp. How shocking. You have turned this forum upside down with this amazing revelation! Now about that overwhelming majority of climate scientists, you lied about, who believe in climate change and the overwhelming majority of Americans, which you lied about, who believe in climate change....

Go lay down, flat earther. We all realize you are too stupid to know when you have been beat.
Super Science Denial

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

Super Mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
Really.:) And don't forget the quotes from these and many other award-winning and/or high-respected scientists:
“I am a skeptic…Global warming has become a new religion.”- Nobel Prize Winner for Physics, Ivar Giaever.
“Since I am no longer affiliated with any organization nor receiving any funding, I can speak quite frankly….As a scientist I remain skeptical.”- Atmospheric Scientist Dr. Joanne Simpson, the first woman in the world to receive a PhD in meteorology and formerly of NASA who has authored more than 190 studies and has been called “among the most preeminent scientists of the last 100 years.”
Warming fears are the “worst scientific scandal in the history…When people come to know what the truth is, they will feel deceived by science and scientists.”- UN IPCC Japanese Scientist Dr. Kiminori Itoh, an award-winning PhD environmental physical chemist.
Strange, but you seem to have skipped over part of the article about Joanne Simpson. The part that explains her "skepticism" was strictly in the form of her scientific approach to things. You also left out the part where she stated that we have to go with the current climate models and act on them, because if they are right, as she stated, it would be the end of life on this planet. Wonder why you skipped over that part? It was in the very same article you quoted here. Wonder why you left that very important part out? Nice try, game boy. You thought you were playing games with the bleary eyed flock you are so used to having around you. You thought WRONG, princess.
jerry

Zanesville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

b_town_bob wrote:
I'm a Democrat
misstake
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>In Canton, Ohio where you spent Christmas eating breakfast by the pool, getting ready to go marlin fishing.
you can't do that in Canton.

you must fly to a tropical climate 5 hours away. Change planes in Houston.

once you clear customs, you are free to enjoy the 90 degree weather.

PS: trip home to below zero temp had my body endure a 100 degree swing in 5 hours.

spin that junior.

By the way.....where has that global warming gone? Are we back to 1978 and the looming ice age now?

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

Super Science Denial wrote:
Rightwing politicians questioning Obama....gasp. How shocking. You have turned this forum upside down with this amazing revelation! Now about that overwhelming majority of climate scientists, you lied about, who believe in climate change and the overwhelming majority of Americans, which you lied about, who believe in climate change....
Go lay down, flat earther. We all realize you are too stupid to know when you have been beat.
Beaten by a tool of the dumocrat party? Hardly. You're going to have to up you're game. So far, all you've done is call me a liar and rant about the end of the world coming.

If you want to sound more intelligible than a superstitious troglodyte, disprove the article I linked to above. Here, I'll post it again, so you won't get lost.

Now, in the article, a copy of the senators' letter that was sent to the EPA administrator, says, " The AP reports that several nations lobbied the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) to select a specific conclusion to its latest report that accounts for the lack of global warming since 1998. According to the AP, the U.S. "urged the [IPCC] authors to include the ‘leading hypothesis' that the reduction in warming is linked to more heat being transferred to the deep ocean." It appears that the U.S. did not suggest an alternative conclusion that the models themselves were flawed. Moreover, it is concerning that at the same time you suggested to the Senate during your confirmation process that the IPCC's latest report would endorse the President's statements about global temperatures, the U.S. State Department was lobbying for the IPCC to incorporate their favored narrative to try to explain the failure of the IPCC climate models."

The Associated Press -- not the republicans -- claimed that the State Dept was pressuring the IPCC to lie about its findings. What information have you found that refutes those assertions?

As an aside, it's worth drawing attn to the fact that the State Dept didn't question the IPCC's findings. That should cause any curious and intelligent person to wonder why the Obama Admin would try to fool the American people (again). He's duped them about ObamaCare, and now Climate Change.
Bad Poochie Got Spanked

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Super Mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
Beaten by a tool of the dumocrat party? Hardly. You're going to have to up you're game. So far, all you've done is call me a liar and rant about the end of the world coming.
If you want to sound more intelligible than a superstitious troglodyte, disprove the article I linked to above. Here, I'll post it again, so you won't get lost.
Now, in the article, a copy of the senators' letter that was sent to the EPA administrator, says, " The AP reports that several nations lobbied the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) to select a specific conclusion to its latest report that accounts for the lack of global warming since 1998. According to the AP, the U.S. "urged the [IPCC] authors to include the ‘leading hypothesis' that the reduction in warming is linked to more heat being transferred to the deep ocean." It appears that the U.S. did not suggest an alternative conclusion that the models themselves were flawed. Moreover, it is concerning that at the same time you suggested to the Senate during your confirmation process that the IPCC's latest report would endorse the President's statements about global temperatures, the U.S. State Department was lobbying for the IPCC to incorporate their favored narrative to try to explain the failure of the IPCC climate models."
The Associated Press -- not the republicans -- claimed that the State Dept was pressuring the IPCC to lie about its findings. What information have you found that refutes those assertions?
As an aside, it's worth drawing attn to the fact that the State Dept didn't question the IPCC's findings. That should cause any curious and intelligent person to wonder why the Obama Admin would try to fool the American people (again). He's duped them about ObamaCare, and now Climate Change.
Why would anyone have to up their game with the side that lost the last two presidential elections? Just like how no one has to try to prove anything to someone who doesn't believe in science, yet thinks the beast is coming to put 666 on all our foreheads. Other than proving you got busted at being a liar, there is really nothing you can prove to anyone. VOID
Bad Poochie Got Spanked

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Still waiting on that link that proves most Americans don't believe in climate change. Until then, pipe down with all your oil industry junk science and political propaganda. Smart folks have put your Tea Bagging Putin fan @ss out to pasture. Don't you EVER forget that, little fringe group flunkie.
Bad Poochie Got Spanked

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Hey, where's all that "outrage" about Obamacare gone to? I'm guessing it's on the heap of other bogus scandals you guys used to express your provided "outrage" about. Better go check your Tea Bagger emailed propaganda newsletters for what absurd notion you will be "outraged" over next.

Oh and lil' Super Poochie Pumper. Let me know if you need it spelled out for you again with post numbers and direct links to the FACT that you have already been proven to be a liar. Yah, yah...we all heard it before...you "misspoke". Sure ya' did, Princess. Sure ya' did.
Bad Poochie Got Spanked

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
you can't do that in Canton.
you must fly to a tropical climate 5 hours away. Change planes in Houston.
once you clear customs, you are free to enjoy the 90 degree weather.
PS: trip home to below zero temp had my body endure a 100 degree swing in 5 hours.
spin that junior.
By the way.....where has that global warming gone? Are we back to 1978 and the looming ice age now?
Right...and your wife makes "6 figures" filing papers. And Romney will win by a land slide. And you are fleeing the country when Obama wins. And armed citizens will be rioting in the streets if Obama wins. And Texas will be divided into 5 separate states. And America will slide into the abyss with the fiscal cliff...keep your day job, Nostradumbass.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

Super Mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know where they're being published, or if they are. From what I've read, dissenters are shut down in the scientific community. The Forbes article I posted the link to, was about a peer-reviewed survey done by Organization Studies. Here is the link again:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamestaylor/2013/...
Why link to the Forbes article, instead of the original research article they are talking about? Here is the original article from Organization Science: http://oss.sagepub.com/content/33/11/1477.ful...

It turns out it's a study of a group that opposes the consensus viewpoint, namely those in the petroleum industry. That's why their survey looked only at professional engineers and geoscientists in an area of Canada that depends on oil for their income. And that's why the study is in Organizational Science, instead of a journal devoted to climate science.

"To answer this question, we consider how climate change is constructed by professional engineers and geoscientists in the province of Alberta, Canada. We begin by describing our research context and the strategic importance of Canadian oil worldwide, to the economy of Canada, and the province of Alberta. We outline the influential role of engineers and geoscientists within this industry, which allows them to affect national and international policy."

"There are 540 multinational integrated, midsized, and junior oil and gas companies in Canada (nearly all headquartered in Calgary, Alberta) with operations worldwide."

"...the petroleum industry – through oil and gas companies, related industrial services, and consulting services – is the largest employer, either directly or indirectly, of professional engineers and geoscientists in Alberta. In oil and gas companies, almost half of CEOs are professional engineers or geoscientists and most senior management teams and boards have at least one licensed professional."

Do you find it surprising that, when you limit your survey of scientists to those that work of petroleum industries, they are more skeptical of global warming?

Do I find it surprising that James Taylor (of the Heartland Institute) would misrepresent this study for his gullible readers? Nope.
Omg

Mount Vernon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

Al gore invented global warming and he invented the Internet . What a brilliant man! Then he sold his worthless tv show to Al Jazerra, terrorists ! What a man ! Also cheated on his wife . He should run for president against Hillary . Oh how fun that would be to watch.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

Bad Poochie Got Spanked wrote:
<quoted text>
Right...and your wife makes "6 figures" filing papers. And Romney will win by a land slide. And you are fleeing the country when Obama wins. And armed citizens will be rioting in the streets if Obama wins. And Texas will be divided into 5 separate states. And America will slide into the abyss with the fiscal cliff...keep your day job, Nostradumbass.
as always......you misinterpret everything.

My wife earn less than 6 figures, and if Obama LOST or is IMPEACHED their would be riots screaming racism with buildings burning, and cars afire.

and who said flee....how about methodical retreat?

PS: we are 2 weeks of exceeding the debt ceiling again. When will that pesky failsafe trigger thingy go away?

We can spend ourselves into prosperity until the interest payment exceeds the treasury take.

we only had a deficit of 700 billion in 2013, and only printed 80 billion a month to stimulate.

what progress, and food stamp recipients at record height. Progress.
Bad Poochie Got Spanked

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
as always......you misinterpret everything.
My wife earn less than 6 figures, and if Obama LOST or is IMPEACHED their would be riots screaming racism with buildings burning, and cars afire.
and who said flee....how about methodical retreat?
PS: we are 2 weeks of exceeding the debt ceiling again. When will that pesky failsafe trigger thingy go away?
We can spend ourselves into prosperity until the interest payment exceeds the treasury take.
we only had a deficit of 700 billion in 2013, and only printed 80 billion a month to stimulate.
what progress, and food stamp recipients at record height. Progress.
No need to misinterpret the exact things you have stated were going to happen. in fact, you get made fun of on here on a regular basis for it and anyone can track down what you said and prove it. just ask little Poochie. Both of you are in the VOID club. Any kookie fringe group nutball oil cult for Jesus crap you guys have to say on here...VOID.
Bad Poochie Got Spanked

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Omg wrote:
Al gore invented global warming and he invented the Internet . What a brilliant man! Then he sold his worthless tv show to Al Jazerra, terrorists ! What a man ! Also cheated on his wife . He should run for president against Hillary . Oh how fun that would be to watch.
Funner than watching the GOP turn it's back on the Tea Party? I bet not. Funner than watching a cornerstone of the Conservatives, who love to call American workers "commies", announcing that Soviet Leader Vladimir Putin is a "Conservative Hero"? I bet not. At least you aren't kidding yourself about a Democrat winning the next presidential election.
I Wonder

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

Why do you people hate this country so much?
Romneys Landslide

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Hey, while I was digging through some old posts, I ran across Reality Speaks making death threats to people on this forum...neat. Smart too...

"please line up single file so 6 per shot can be achieved with 1 shot for me." Reality Speaks #11001

"why use a door when fmj bullets pass through windows just fine
you would never know what hit you" Reality Speaks #11006

I don't know about you, but screw those climate experts who accurately predicted the hottest decade in recorded history. I want my climate science facts from the guy who is so smart, he made public death threats on a online forum.
Romneys Landslide

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

I Wonder wrote:
Why do you people hate this country so much?
I know. The real Patriots are the ones who claimed they were going to flee the country if they didn't get their way. Let me know if you need links. Real links. Not the "All roads lead to the Heritage Foundation" kinda links you guys call "facts". Neat though that just like Canton under whatever name I use, your home town is still listed, even though you went for the "Just a concerned citizen with nothing to do with any of this" approach on this one.
Anal Andy

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

Obama still sucks today. And I'm sure he will suck tomorrow.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 22,441 - 22,460 of25,331
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

56 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
why do b*tches be trippin ? 3 min Leaf 6
I like polls 5 min Leaf 2
#Barack Obama SOC. SEC. Number 6 min Leaf 2
Hottest Columbus Female Traffic Hottie? 23 min Four Leaf 0
Is Nevada rancher a freeloader? 27 min Duke for Mayor 204
Is the Koran a Book of Hate? 30 min Leaf 28
Big BUTTed got the junk in my trunk 32 min Leaf 12
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 10 hr Agree 1,986
•••