Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Judged:

I don't usually weigh in on these endless arguments, but this one is really dumb:
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Earlier you asked Reality to post something you wrote that was not factual. Since he didn't get back to you, I'll accept your invitation: Please post a credible site where either Bush said people were less than American for not loving Jesus--liar. And since when were illegal narcotics citizens in this country? And while you're at it, give us some proof that the solders at Kent State were right-wingers.
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem, right here:
<quoted text>
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't it Nixon who started the war on drugs? Nothing says "liberty and freedom of choice" for the American people like declaring war on it's own citizens..
<quoted text>
The "war on drugs" was actually a war on those that used illegal drugs. You don't imprison the drugs, you imprison the user. I know you understand this, xxxrayted. Why are you playing dumb? To try to win some kind of technical point? Give a real example of Canton misrepresenting truth (if you have one.)

And Canton did provide you with evidence for one of the dumbest things things that GHW Bush ever said: that atheists were less patriotic than other Americans. But the context of that was an offhand remark, not a prepared speech. Still, it did reveal a dumb prejudice of Bush (and one shared by many others.) So, you owe Canton an apology for calling him a liar on that point. But you seem to be unable to admit error, so I won't get my hopes up.
Republican 101

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
Why are you playing dumb, xxxrayted?
You give him FAR too much credit. He's not playing...
Republican 101

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Judged:

Narcotics aren't people, but corporations are.
And truckers aren't uneducated slobs, they're qualified emissions experts...

Derrr!!!
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is this evidence of Canton's that Bush said those who didn't believe in Jesus were less of an American? Because he wrote it here? Sorry, just because somebody types something here doesn't make it true. If that's the case, then there is no man made global warming. There, I said it so it must be true. I don't have to post proof.
That quote has been widely reported. Here's the account of the man that reported it:

"Documents at Bush Presidential Library Prove VP Bush Questioned Citizenship and Patriotism of Atheists"
http://www.robsherman.com/advocacy/060401a.ht...
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
War on drugs and war on citizens are two different things. The war on drugs was to eradicate narcotics, not the people. It's Canton that called it a war on the people. I WAS the one that pointed out people are not narcotics.
Where is this evidence of Canton's that Bush said those who didn't believe in Jesus were less of an American? Because he wrote it here? Sorry, just because somebody types something here doesn't make it true. If that's the case, then there is no man made global warming. There, I said it so it must be true. I don't have to post proof.
Sorry !8 wheeled Ghost Buster. You can twist words and cry all day but you got slammed, my word still is the truth and no one expects you to be man enough to admit it to yourself.
Republican 101

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
That quote has been widely reported. Here's the account of the man that reported it:
"Documents at Bush Presidential Library Prove VP Bush Questioned Citizenship and Patriotism of Atheists"
http://www.robsherman.com/advocacy/060401a.ht...
There you go again with documented FACT.

The trolls are not going to like that.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
War on drugs and war on citizens are two different things. The war on drugs was to eradicate narcotics, not the people. It's Canton that called it a war on the people. I WAS the one that pointed out people are not narcotics.
No, Nixon's (and later Reagan's) "War on Drugs" was always focused on punishing drug users and sellers, with increased enforcement and mandatory penalties. I'm old enough to remember, but don't take my word for it.

"In June 1971, President Nixon declared a “war on drugs.” He dramatically increased the size and presence of federal drug control agencies, and pushed through measures such as mandatory sentencing and no-knock warrants."

"The presidency of Ronald Reagan marked the start of a long period of skyrocketing rates of incarceration, largely thanks to his unprecedented expansion of the drug war. The number of people behind bars for nonviolent drug law offenses increased from 50,000 in 1980 to over 400,000 by 1997."

http://www.drugpolicy.org/new-solutions-drug-...
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Yah, but XXX wasn't personally there when it happened so it's all lies. Funny how he inserted GW Bush in there when I clearly stated it was G HW Bush who said it. Maybe if you muddy the waters a little more, you won't seem so desperate.

Check and Mate

Also, who was your favorite Conservative president within your lifetime?
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Nixon's (and later Reagan's) "War on Drugs" was always focused on punishing drug users and sellers, with increased enforcement and mandatory penalties. I'm old enough to remember, but don't take my word for it.
"In June 1971, President Nixon declared a “war on drugs.” He dramatically increased the size and presence of federal drug control agencies, and pushed through measures such as mandatory sentencing and no-knock warrants."
"The presidency of Ronald Reagan marked the start of a long period of skyrocketing rates of incarceration, largely thanks to his unprecedented expansion of the drug war. The number of people behind bars for nonviolent drug law offenses increased from 50,000 in 1980 to over 400,000 by 1997."
http://www.drugpolicy.org/new-solutions-drug-...
Another interesting little tidbit. Many of these prisons are privately owned. Something that was pushed for by the right. The inmates, many of whom are non-violent pot offenders (Also see majority of Americans consider weed harmless and should be legal) work in manufacturing jobs in these prisons, with the product beings sold for profit, by the private owned prisons. These same owners push for tough drug laws in their states and get cheap labor factory workers, while making money hand over fist. Let freedom ring.
Republican 101

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Judged:

Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Another interesting little tidbit. Many of these prisons are privately owned. Something that was pushed for by the right. The inmates, many of whom are non-violent pot offenders (Also see majority of Americans consider weed harmless and should be legal) work in manufacturing jobs in these prisons, with the product beings sold for profit, by the private owned prisons. These same owners push for tough drug laws in their states and get cheap labor factory workers, while making money hand over fist. Let freedom ring.
Why do you hate capitalism so much?
Sounds to me like those patriotic job creators deserve a tax break...
18wheelHauntedWe atherLab

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
If that's what you consider check mate, then I advise you to never play chess. You'll be in for a lot of disappointments.
Yah, but tell us who your favorite Conservative President was within your lifetime. See that? Check and mate, baby.

The real fun will start when climate change is so drastic that even the dumbest of our society can no longer hide behind out dated oil industry propaganda. Then, magically, just like all the people who voted for Bush twice, and anyone who was ever a racist in this country, you climate change deniers will instantly vanish.

Finally, let me know when you can prove my statements on here are lies, because despite your twisting of words and desperation, it hasn't happened yet.

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
How do they do that with all those black helicopters flying overhead?
Are you still trying to muddy the waters with absurd notions in the face of documented fact? Typical rightwing tactic. Better go ask the Heritage Foundation.

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

xxxrayted wrote:
Don't look now, but global warming has struck again. This time the new more environmentally friendly gasoline will not only ruin your car, but will void your manufacturers warranty. Take a look:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Don't look now, but the truck driver thinks he's a weather expert. Tell us again your rational ideas about your truck being haunted. Then you can tell us how science is hogwash. You guys are like the Honey Boo Boo of climate science.

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Judged:

Republican 101 wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you hate capitalism so much?
Sounds to me like those patriotic job creators deserve a tax break...
Sure and toss in the fact that the right was trying to loosen up child labor laws and you have yourself a steaming heap of patriotic job creators who in no way seem like they are trying to turn the American work force into one of the 3rd world nations they so gleefully outsource to in the name of Liberty.
Pops

Newport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

[QUOTE who=
And Canton did provide you with evidence for one of the dumbest things things that GHW Bush ever said: that atheists were less patriotic than other Americans. But the context of that was an offhand remark, not a prepared speech. Still, it did reveal a dumb prejudice of Bush (and one shared by many others.) So, you owe Canton an apology for calling him a liar on that point. But you seem to be unable to admit error, so I won't get my hopes up.[/QUOTE]Yep, that was one of GHW's boners. An example of the overly passionate. And they exist everywhere in every subject.
As far as the 'apology' mention in your post, I'll leave that to other parties at this time.

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Also, the fact that the right is trying to undermine the public school system in no way supports my comments about them trying to turn America into an under educated, underpaid, 3rd world work force.

Your side is nothing short of vile and conniving and as un-American as you can get. Be sure to thank the internet and easily accessible, historically documented and scientifically proven facts for shutting down all the unchecked lies and bogus propaganda you guys have been using as your number one political tactic for decades.

If only you guys could just shoot into the crowd of those unarmed facts, like how your camp did to the children of American citizens in Kent Ohio.
Pops

Newport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

18wheelHauntedWeatherLab wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure and toss in the fact that the right was trying to loosen up child labor laws and you have yourself a steaming heap of patriotic job creators who in no way seem like they are trying to turn the American work force into one of the 3rd world nations they so gleefully outsource to in the name of Liberty.
I don't know that I would say 'the right was trying' to change labor laws as much as some people were making noise in that direction that happen to be on the right. Fortunetly those dummies found out that they are dummies rather quickly.

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, that was one of GHW's boners. An example of the overly passionate. And they exist everywhere in every subject.
As far as the 'apology' mention in your post, I'll leave that to other parties at this time.
I don't expect an apology, but I have to say I am impressed that you are willing to keep an open mind to the possibility that what I am trying to tell you guys is correct. Just blurting out that something is a lie, before taking the time to see if it is or not shows an obvious agenda that flies in the face of facts. When Obama lied to the American people about them being able to keep their health care coverage, I was the first to say I was disappointed in his behavior. I posted it right here on this forum. Many on here would rather ignore huge amounts of scientific data and historically documented facts before ever admitting they were wrong. In many ways, it's just human nature.

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Pops wrote:
<quoted text> I don't know that I would say 'the right was trying' to change labor laws as much as some people were making noise in that direction that happen to be on the right. Fortunetly those dummies found out that they are dummies rather quickly.
Type this into a search engine. Paul LePage child labor laws. LePage is a Republican governor who is pushing to loosen child labor laws.

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2014

Really, as far as I am concerned, the only REAL things Obama did that were crap was losing all those guns in Mexico, something I am sure he didn't directly have his hands on, and lying about people being able to keep their current health care coverage. That's about it. Everything else has been proven to be bogus, propaganda fueled garbage and the scandal of the week tactic the Tea Party uses has been shown time and time again to be lies.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

80 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 16 min repent 2,224
Poll: Obama's approval rating still low in Ohio 34 min Zoe Regen 1
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 45 min Male 2,948
Bizzybee Catman Dave Serious Lady Rowdy Sidekick 1 hr Pope Che Reagan Christ I 38
Students wear burqas in Texas High School 1 hr Oliver Canterberry 2
Mother Chased Out Of Home By Armed Man 1 hr Oliver Canterberry 2
No you agree with Israeli airstrikes into Gaza? 2 hr scirocco 48
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 12 hr eden 846
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••