Who do you support for Governor in Oh...
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#23263 Dec 26, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
They celebrate Winter Solstice the traditional way, by gathering together with friends and family, and eating and drinking. That's why early Christians decided to celebrate Christmas at that time, rather than on Christ's true birthday.
"The middle of winter has long been a time of celebration around the world. Centuries before the arrival of the man called Jesus, early Europeans celebrated light and birth in the darkest days of winter. Many peoples rejoiced during the winter solstice, when the worst of the winter was behind them and they could look forward to longer days and extended hours of sunlight."
"In Rome, where winters were not as harsh as those in the far north, Saturnalia—a holiday in honor of Saturn, the god of agriculture—was celebrated. Beginning in the week leading up to the winter solstice and continuing for a full month, Saturnalia was a hedonistic time, when food and drink were plentiful and the normal Roman social order was turned upside down. For a month, slaves would become masters. Peasants were in command of the city. Business and schools were closed so that everyone could join in the fun."
"In the early years of Christianity, Easter was the main holiday; the birth of Jesus was not celebrated. In the fourth century, church officials decided to institute the birth of Jesus as a holiday. Unfortunately, the Bible does not mention date for his birth (a fact Puritans later pointed out in order to deny the legitimacy of the celebration). Although some evidence suggests that his birth may have occurred in the spring (why would shepherds be herding in the middle of winter?), Pope Julius I chose December 25. It is commonly believed that the church chose this date in an effort to adopt and absorb the traditions of the pagan Saturnalia festival."
http://www.history.com/topics/christmas
I really enjoy seeing you give out migraines that are well deserved. But, they'll ignore it.
Pops

Newport, KY

#23264 Dec 26, 2013
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Just need the offshore tax dodgers you play fetch boy for, to carry their load and the .
There would be NO reason to go 'off shore' IF the tax demands weren't so high here & the DEMAND for minimal prices/cost were not also so high here.
Realize that EVERY COST to produce ANYTHING is PAID by the end consumer.
There would be NO reason to dodge taxes IF the taxes were at least competitive in a capitalistic way.
Today's economic 'events' are a degree of proof that what I say is true.
Economics 101. That is undeniable.
yupyup

Wilmington, OH

#23265 Dec 26, 2013
Canton wrote:
Anybody wanna see a clip of Sarah Palin, standing in her church, claiming it's "God's will" to build a pipeline? Turns out the streets of heaven are flowing with sweet crude oil and offshore accounts. Corporate agendas? Now THAT'S how you get to heaven.
Love it! Well said.
animal control

Lafayette, OH

#23266 Dec 27, 2013
awl I want 4 c-mass iz aha' 30FT BBQ Trailer......Baby!

no charge
animal control

Lafayette, OH

#23267 Dec 27, 2013
Africa's Animal Abuse Moonshine Epidemic

mandela wuz a peter puffer

no charge
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#23268 Dec 27, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> There would be NO reason to go 'off shore' IF the tax demands weren't so high here & the DEMAND for minimal prices/cost were not also so high here.
There would be NO reason to dodge taxes IF the taxes were at least competitive in a capitalistic way.
You could send a liberal to an Economics 101 class over and over again, and they still wouldn't get it. They don't understand the concept of Action / Reaction.

Liberals think that if you take money away from somebody that has it, they will just sit there with a smile on their face. Then they can't figure out why the cost of their goods keeps going up, why they can't get a raise at work, or why the circulation of money doesn't seem to be happening in their society.

Confused, they conclude that the rich guy has all the money and they are raping the common man. That must be it. It certainly can't be because of their politicians or policy. It's pure greed.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#23269 Dec 27, 2013
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, he'd fit right in Uganda, North Korea or Russia. Tell them how many rights you got.
Gee. Don't places like that try to keep religion out of society? Don't places like that have a society that relies on government for just about everything? Don't places like that have strict gun regulations? Aren't those places somewhat anti-capitalist?

Places like that sound more like a lefties utopia than a righties.

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#23270 Dec 27, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee. Don't places like that try to keep religion out of society? Don't places like that have a society that relies on government for just about everything? Don't places like that have strict gun regulations? Aren't those places somewhat anti-capitalist?
This seems like an interesting line of conversation. I've done quite a bit of travel in my day and can't say that I've noticed the parallels you're drawing. Can you talk about some examples of the conditions you've listed above and talk a bit about the conditions that you list?

You've suggested that Russia, North Korea and Uganda are examples of countries that work to keep religion out of society, have serious gun controls, have strong government services and are anti-capitalist? This seems very much like you might not know much at all about these places! Were you thinking of other countries as examples and just not managed to communicate it well?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#23271 Dec 27, 2013
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Just need the offshore tax dodgers you play fetch boy for, to carry their load and the Right wing Christians to quit rewriting our nation's history to fit their agenda. Besides, the only folks talking about forcefully taking anything are those kookie veiled death threats the elected Tea Party members keep hinting at. "Don't retreat, reload" Sarah Palin during the time she had the crosshairs of a gun scope pointed at Gabby Giffords on her webpage. You know, the outspoken advocate for alternative energy that the oil billionaire Tea Party Koch Brothers spent millions on in negative ad campaigns? I'm sure you remember. She's the congress woman who got shot by the kid whose only other crime was for Christian graffiti.
Oh........ yes, now I remember. It was one of the biggest lies promoted by the left. You know, that the crosshairs ad had something to do with the shooting? Then it turns out this kook had an obsession with Giffords and never even heard the name Sarah Palin. But you know how the left and MSM lie about things, don't you? If you're a leftist, you're born a liar. You people are so focused on Sarah Palin that one of your kooks went through the trouble of renting a house right next door to her so he could participate in voyeurism and write a book about it.

Now when did anybody from the TP make death threats to anybody. I don't think so. I think you're confused. You have the TP mixed up with Occupy Wall Street kooks. You know, those filthy people that had no job, hung around for months at various locations where multiple arrests took place, the people didn't even have the decency to take a shower, and peed and crapped everywhere like animals. Those are the leftists I believe you're thinking about. Because the TP people were civilized, quiet, held one day rallies and cleaned up after themselves when they left.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#23272 Dec 27, 2013
Republican 101 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh sad clown, you make me laugh.
Nothing's being "forcefully taken" here. You're free to go anytime.
Love It or Leave It, remember?
Yes, I remember. It's the advice we gave you after GW got elected and we voted in a Republican House. Nobody left though. I wonder why?

Now if money is not forcefully taken, what are you saying? That people offer government money? I don't recall that happening, not even from your talking mouths like Warren Buffett. BTW, is he still fighting with the IRS that they are charging him too much in taxes? I lost track of that story.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#23273 Dec 27, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
You could send a liberal to an Economics 101 class over and over again, and they still wouldn't get it. They don't understand the concept of Action / Reaction.
Liberals think that if you take money away from somebody that has it, they will just sit there with a smile on their face. Then they can't figure out why the cost of their goods keeps going up, why they can't get a raise at work, or why the circulation of money doesn't seem to be happening in their society.
Confused, they conclude that the rich guy has all the money and they are raping the common man. That must be it. It certainly can't be because of their politicians or policy. It's pure greed.
Wow, a truck driver and a $22 grand a year economics experts. Real economic experts have pointed out time and time again how corporations are hoarding their money and not re-investing it for expansion. They're using it to buy back their own stocks to do what, hoard more money. Today's GOTP think they are everyone's baby daddy and can tell you who to marry, when you should drink, what your religion should be, when you should pray, who you should hate and why the rich shouldn't pay taxes.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#23274 Dec 27, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
This seems like an interesting line of conversation. I've done quite a bit of travel in my day and can't say that I've noticed the parallels you're drawing. Can you talk about some examples of the conditions you've listed above and talk a bit about the conditions that you list?
You've suggested that Russia, North Korea and Uganda are examples of countries that work to keep religion out of society, have serious gun controls, have strong government services and are anti-capitalist? This seems very much like you might not know much at all about these places! Were you thinking of other countries as examples and just not managed to communicate it well?
I see. So you say people in Russia and NK have armed citizens? They don't have socialized medical care? They are wealthy capitalist countries?

I'll have to remember that. In fact, I know a guy that came from Russia. He told me many stories about the place. In fact, many of the people at this company I deliver to came from the Soviet Union. A few go back every now and then to visit family. From what they told me, it's not much better today. Damn liars.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#23275 Dec 27, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
More like they dictate your religion, control your life and execute you if you're gay. That has a familiar ring to the far right.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#23276 Dec 27, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh........ yes, now I remember. It was one of the biggest lies promoted by the left. You know, that the crosshairs ad had something to do with the shooting? Then it turns out this kook had an obsession with Giffords and never even heard the name Sarah Palin. But you know how the left and MSM lie about things, don't you? If you're a leftist, you're born a liar. You people are so focused on Sarah Palin that one of your kooks went through the trouble of renting a house right next door to her so he could participate in voyeurism and write a book about it.
Now when did anybody from the TP make death threats to anybody. I don't think so. I think you're confused. You have the TP mixed up with Occupy Wall Street kooks. You know, those filthy people that had no job, hung around for months at various locations where multiple arrests took place, the people didn't even have the decency to take a shower, and peed and crapped everywhere like animals. Those are the leftists I believe you're thinking about. Because the TP people were civilized, quiet, held one day rallies and cleaned up after themselves when they left.
You should get checked for pre-existing exhaust fume poisoning.

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#23277 Dec 27, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I see. So you say people in Russia and NK have armed citizens? They don't have socialized medical care? They are wealthy capitalist countries?
I'll have to remember that. In fact, I know a guy that came from Russia. He told me many stories about the place. In fact, many of the people at this company I deliver to came from the Soviet Union. A few go back every now and then to visit family. From what they told me, it's not much better today. Damn liars.
Let's look at all 3.

Guns:
Russia: available to adults 18 and older, more than 10 per individual must be registered as a collection
Uganda: widely held, traded and purchased on the free market
North Korea: general ban

Government controlled social services:
Russia: extremely limited services available
Uganda: Extremely limited services available
North Korea: high level of government limits on social supports, little support available

Religion:
Russia: Orthodox Church plays major role in government and policy development
Uganda: Catholic dominated state and policies
North Korea: Not significantly religious

Capitalist?
Russia: Free market
Uganda: Radically unregulated free market
North Korea: not capitalist

So, looking at each of these nations and the attributes you've ascribed to each, do you understand how important it is to do a small amount of research before making claims about places or concepts you have little knowledge of?
Canton

Canton, OH

#23278 Dec 27, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> There would be NO reason to go 'off shore' IF the tax demands weren't so high here & the DEMAND for minimal prices/cost were not also so high here.
Yet you overlook the exponential growth of the CEOs take home pay compared to the 20 years of flatline that the working man has been dealing with. How many offshore accounts do you have? Yet still, you live. That whole "lowest taxes in 50 years" thing kinda makes you seem like a tool, also.
Canton

Canton, OH

#23279 Dec 27, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting reality filter you have there. When Sharron Angle, the Tea Party darling, said we might need to use "2nd amendment " remedies and take out Harry Reid, what do you suppose she meant by that? What's funny is you put down the true patriots that had the balls to stand up to wall street, yet at the same time somehow believe that the top 1% includes truck drivers. You are a traitor to your own existence. But then again, you were the guy who would stoop so low as to knock 10 degrees off the actual temperature when it was in the mid 50's in late December, just to prove to yourself that you aren't a flat earth idiot. Oh and it's a fact that Sarah Palin put the crosshairs of a gun scope on Congresswoman Giffords. If it's not a death threat, go ahead and post a picture of a politician you don't like, put the crosshairs of a gun scope on their face and mention things like "2nd amendment remedies" and "Don't retreat, reload" under it. When the FBI is kicking in your door, be sure to tell them it's not a death threat.
Republican 101

Van Wert, OH

#23280 Dec 27, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's look at all 3.
Guns:
Russia: available to adults 18 and older, more than 10 per individual must be registered as a collection
North Korea: high level of government limits on social supports, little support available
Religion:
Capitalist?
So, looking at each of these nations and the attributes you've ascribed to each, do you understand how important it is to do a small amount of research before making claims about places or concepts you have little knowledge of?
Stupid rightwingers don't care about facts.
After all, these superstitious rednecks believe in talking animals and magic invisible sky people.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#23281 Dec 27, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's look at all 3.
Guns:
Religion:
Capitalist?
You think you are so clever with your facts. But I have something more important than your facts. I have my opinions.If I had finished high school, I might know more about the world. But I rely upon what I can learn from listening to Rush, watching Fox News, and talking to other truck drivers.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#23282 Dec 27, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
You think you are so clever with your facts. But I have something more important than your facts. I have my opinions.If I had finished high school, I might know more about the world. But I rely upon what I can learn from listening to Rush, watching Fox News, and talking to other truck drivers.
Very cute. Now you're resorting to stealing names? How terribly mature of you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
For Cat Lovers Only! 1 hr They cannot kill ... 172
Ashley Ross 5 hr tony triplett 3
They're Shooting News Reporters On Live TV 5 hr d pants 66
Obama names Mt McKinley, Denali 6 hr d pants 10
Annie THINKS HER EXPERIENCES ARE ENIQUE & BEYON... 6 hr Phil McCracken 11
AN ODE TO billary! 7 hr nominated_1 40
Man shot near Ferguson protest….. 7 hr d pants 243
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages