woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#22779 Dec 11, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>There's not a single thing wrong with teaching Evolution AND Creationism together. To teach only one & not the other could be considered censorship. Or to use your word,"brainwashing".
And as far as,'Atlantic Triangular Trade', that's a more accurate name since it wasn't ONLY 'slave' trade. What would be OK to call it to you? Rum trade? Molassas trade? Here YOU go censoring/brainwashing.
Did you meet someone that claimed to be a wizard & did he tell you that you had a brain? If he charged you, you should get your money back.
Scientists say the universe is made up of protons, neurons, and electrons...I think they forgot to mention morons.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#22780 Dec 11, 2013
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>So far it's just fine. Despite the doom and gloom fear mongering that fools are spouting I know people who were scared of it. There policies were re-worked and now they are tickled pink. Not only do they now have better policies, the cost went down, one couple I know are now paying $800 less a year. Keep enjoying that golden stream.
I bet they are paying $800.00 less per year:

On Health Exchanges, Premiums May Be Low, but Other Costs Can Be High
By ROBERT PEAR
Published: December 9, 2013

WASHINGTON — For months, the Obama administration has heralded the low premiums of medical insurance policies on sale in the insurance exchanges created by the new health law. But as consumers dig into the details, they are finding that the deductibles and other out-of-pocket costs are often much higher than what is typical in employer-sponsored health plans.

Until now, it was almost impossible for people using the federal health care website to see the deductible amounts, which consumers pay before coverage kicks in. But federal officials finally relented last week and added a “window shopping” feature that displays data on deductibles.

For policies offered in the federal exchange, as in many states, the annual deductible often tops $5,000 for an individual and $10,000 for a couple.

Insurers devised the new policies on the assumption that consumers would pick a plan based mainly on price, as reflected in the premium. But insurance plans with lower premiums generally have higher deductibles.

In El Paso, Tex., for example, for a husband and wife both age 35, one of the cheapest plans on the federal exchange, offered by Blue Cross and Blue Shield, has a premium less than $300 a month, but the annual deductible is more than $12,000. For a 45-year-old couple seeking insurance on the federal exchange in Saginaw, Mich., a policy with a premium of $515 a month has a deductible of $10,000.

By contrast, according to the Kaiser Family Foundation, the average deductible in employer-sponsored health plans is $1,135.

“Deductibles for many plans in the insurance exchanges are pretty high,” said Stan Dorn, a health policy expert at the Urban Institute.“These plans are more generous than what’s prevalent in the current individual insurance market, but significantly less generous than most employer-sponsored insurance.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/09/us/on-healt... ;
Canton

Canton, OH

#22781 Dec 11, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Well tell us Canton, how much did those solar panels on your roof cost you? How about that windmill in your backyard? Did the city give you a hard time about erecting that thing? Do your solar panels create enough energy to power up that electric car of yours? It must be nice when the power lines go down and your house is the only one on the street with electricity, heat or air conditioning.
You people on the left are such hypocrites. It's just like when you whine about "the wealthy." You cry about how much another person has and probably never invested one dime in real estate, the stock market (outside your IRA perhaps) or the commodities market. Never tried to open up your own business either.
Oh how hypocritical of me to state that we should look into alternative energy. I WISH I had all those things you sarcastically hinted that I already could afford or own. How's those gas prices doing you? At least it's not at $4 a gallon yet like it was so many years ago under Bush. You are a blabbering idiot and your above post is right up there in the stupid factor with Reality Speaks. Now get your nose out those oil billionaires @ss and think about future generations for once instead of yourself. Not that being chained to the middle east for decades hasn't been good for America...right? You are a steaming pile of propaganda and really not much more.
Canton

Canton, OH

#22782 Dec 11, 2013
As far as teaching Christian Creationism in public school science classes...It says that God first created light here on earth, then later God created the sun. Knowing what we know through science, good luck explaining to the students where the light was coming from before the sun existed. How very scientific. Maybe we can teach them the amazing qualities that H2O has that allows people to walk on top of it while we are at it. Then the science class can do a project where they raise things from the dead, followed by a quick field trip to the hospital where they can heal people in the IC with just their will. You know...science stuff.
Canton

Canton, OH

#22783 Dec 11, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
By ROBERT PEAR
WASHINGTON — For months, the Obama administration has heralded the low premiums of medical insurance policies on sale in the insurance exchanges created by the new health law. But as consumers dig into the details, they are finding that the deductibles and other out-of-pocket costs are often much higher than what is typical in employer-sponsored health plans.
Until now, it was almost impossible for people using the federal health care website to see the deductible amounts, which consumers pay before coverage kicks in. But federal officials finally relented last week and added a “window shopping” feature that displays data on deductibles.
For policies offered in the federal exchange, as in many states, the annual deductible often tops $5,000 for an individual and $10,000 for a couple.
Insurers devised the new policies on the assumption that consumers would pick a plan based mainly on price, as reflected in the premium. But insurance plans with lower premiums generally have higher deductibles.
In El Paso, Tex., for example, for a husband and wife both age 35, one of the cheapest plans on the federal exchange, offered by Blue Cross and Blue Shield, has a premium less than $300 a month, but the annual deductible is more than $12,000. For a 45-year-old couple seeking insurance on the federal exchange in Saginaw, Mich., a policy with a premium of $515 a month has a deductible of $10,000.
By contrast, according to the Kaiser Family Foundation, the average deductible in employer-sponsored health plans is $1,135.
“Deductibles for many plans in the insurance exchanges are pretty high,” said Stan Dorn, a health policy expert at the Urban Institute.“These plans are more generous than what’s prevalent in the current individual insurance market, but significantly less generous than most employer-sponsored insurance.”
So what you are saying is that you support our current system where any irresponsible free loader can walk into an emergency room without insurance and we get to absorb the bill. Now cry about poor people and their audacity to want to eat when they get hungry. You are a blabbering stooge.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#22784 Dec 11, 2013
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>So what you are saying is that you support our current system where any irresponsible free loader can walk into an emergency room without insurance and we get to absorb the bill. Now cry about poor people and their audacity to want to eat when they get hungry. You are a blabbering stooge.
yes we live in a charitable society where healthcare is free to everyone, and has been since LBJ.

Even foreign visitors receive free healthcare here in the USA, and in Spain also if a USA citizen. I know that as fact, and had a family member receive it. Barcelona Hospital refused payment for services.

don't bother calling me a liar....my wife works directly with these billings daily at OSU Medical Center.
Bills over $1,000,000 to foreign uninsured folk written off regularly. They even recruit for training and charity.

Stupidity was the American people allowing the federal government force laws that only benefit the government.

you have been duped, and have yet realize how bad.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#22785 Dec 11, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
By ROBERT PEAR
So the average deductible is $1,135. That's pretty good. Mines $2,500. And the world didn't end when I had surgery a few years back. And it's BC-BS.
Daytonian

Sunbury, OH

#22786 Dec 11, 2013
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>So far it's just fine. Despite the doom and gloom fear mongering that fools are spouting I know people who were scared of it. There policies were re-worked and now they are tickled pink. Not only do they now have better policies, the cost went down, one couple I know are now paying $800 less a year. Keep enjoying that golden stream.
Your entire post is nothing but a load of shit.
Policies were reworked...hell, the computer barely runs. Everything is just fine. Keep believing that. LMAO
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#22787 Dec 11, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>There's not a single thing wrong with teaching Evolution AND Creationism together.
Except that one is science, and the other is thinly veiled religion. Science is based on objective evidence and experimentation. Religion is based on faith.
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>There's not a single thing wrong with teaching Evolution AND Creationism together.
Except that impressionable minds might be persuaded that religious beliefs are the same as scientific beliefs. Would you also advocate that science be taught in churches?

The vast majority of scientists reject creationism, and support evolution.

"Evolution pervades all biological phenomena. To ignore that it occurred or to classify it as a form of dogma is to deprive the student of the most fundamental organizational concept in the biological sciences. No other biological concept has been more extensively tested and more thoroughly corroborated than the evolutionary history of organisms.(National Academy of Sciences 1984)."

http://ncse.com/creationism/general/antievolu...
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#22788 Dec 11, 2013
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>So the average deductible is $1,135. That's pretty good. Mines $2,500. And the world didn't end when I had surgery a few years back. And it's BC-BS.
That's the average deductible for employer provided healthcare--not Commie Care.
Canton

Canton, OH

#22790 Dec 11, 2013
Daytonian wrote:
<quoted text>
Your entire post is nothing but a load of shit.
Policies were reworked...hell, the computer barely runs. Everything is just fine. Keep believing that. LMAO
Yah, but then you're the treasonous douche who gleefully hopes his country fails. A real patriot. Wish that made me "LMAO" but then I'm not a 15 year old girl sending a text message. You keep believing that the vast majority of hard working, tax paying Americans who voted for Obama did it for a free phone and not because we all think you guys are a greedy, conniving, doomsday Bible bunker fringe group. How DARE you try to inflict this nation with a man who believes in magic underwear, you stammering toothless hooptie.
Canton

Canton, OH

#22791 Dec 11, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
yes we live in a charitable society where healthcare is free to everyone, and has been since LBJ.
Even foreign visitors receive free healthcare here in the USA, and in Spain also if a USA citizen. I know that as fact, and had a family member receive it. Barcelona Hospital refused payment for services.
don't bother calling me a liar....my wife works directly with these billings daily at OSU Medical Center.
Bills over $1,000,000 to foreign uninsured folk written off regularly. They even recruit for training and charity.
Stupidity was the American people allowing the federal government force laws that only benefit the government.
you have been duped, and have yet realize how bad.
We all remember your outrage when Bush extended Medicare without it being paid for. Oh, that's right. You were too busy waving your flag and whistling Dixie while Bush was needlessly sending our troops off to die for imaginary WMDs. Another "patriot" in action. Save it, Princess. The American voters made it VERY clear that we aren't buying your greasy sales pitch. Stick to preaching it to the bleary eyed flock. Now dance for it is all your ignorance is good for. Dance for the amusement of the forum, you red faced scarecrow clown.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#22792 Dec 11, 2013
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh how hypocritical of me to state that we should look into alternative energy. I WISH I had all those things you sarcastically hinted that I already could afford or own. How's those gas prices doing you? At least it's not at $4 a gallon yet like it was so many years ago under Bush. You are a blabbering idiot and your above post is right up there in the stupid factor with Reality Speaks. Now get your nose out those oil billionaires @ss and think about future generations for once instead of yourself. Not that being chained to the middle east for decades hasn't been good for America...right? You are a steaming pile of propaganda and really not much more.
Ever hear of the phrase "Lead by example?"

Why don't you get your nose out of governments azz? You leftists sit there with "government should do this and government should do that." Why don't you do it for yourself? I never seen any of you global warming people freezing at a bus stop on a day like today to reduce your carbon footprint. Like Al Gore, driving around in SUV's all the while preaching to others what they should do, or Nazi Piglosi that purchased her own private plane when she was speaker and flew across the country back and forth. Guess she was too important to fly commercial. When she wasn't using that taxpayer funded plane, her family was. Hypocrites.

Need more money? Why look to take money from a millionaire or billionaire? You need more money, then get a job. Don't worry about how much money other people have, worry about how much money you have or can make. If you don't like what a CEO makes, then become a CEO yourself and charge what you like.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#22793 Dec 11, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I never seen any of you global warming people freezing at a bus stop on a day like today to reduce your carbon footprint..
Are you psychic? How else would you know the opinions of strangers you see standing at a bus stop?
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#22794 Dec 11, 2013
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
What if public schools taught Christian beliefs, but your child was Jewish?
they would learn the new testament defines Christians from jews.
Pops

Newport, KY

#22795 Dec 11, 2013
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that it is in America's best interests to find alternatives to our dependence on coal and oil. It is smart for many reasons. I read an article where every house in our country could have been fitted with self sustaining solar power for what the war in Iraq and Afghanistan cost. A lot of people talk about freedom in your camp but not having an electric bill or better yet, having the power company pay us sounds more like freedom than what oil billionaires are selling.
As far as my dear corporate fetch boy button...if it still makes Reality throw little "I'm rich" fits then why change it?
You're right but I still have faith that you can come up with a new one.
I have an idea for hydro power that I am very confident about but I lack the funds to pursue.
I am more than willing to split my idea with a money person but I am guarded with my idea for fear of losing it completely to a shark.
Oh well, my problem that affects many. I honestly don't care to get super rich, just very comfortable is cool with me. IF I had millions of dollars, I would set up millions of dollars of trust type non-profit funds for certain needy/charitable entities. After all, I can't take it with me.
Pops

Newport, KY

#22796 Dec 11, 2013
Trickle down theory wrote:
The dumb ass retardicans is all about the big dollar corporations and the 2% rich gets every advantage and the poor working 3 jobs and the ungodly retardes wAnt to take everything away.and to the idiot that said its bad being on the unions side bullshit if the companies paid and took care of there employees you wouldn't need a union as much but the bosses are takers not givers and that's the difference between good (Democrats and Bad retardicans .
WHOA WHOA !! Is Gates a 'retardican? How about Soros? And others. YOU are a closed minded, blind & deaf Idiot. THEY are among the richest in the WORLD & among the top 1/100th of a percent!!
I have no more to say to such a putz as you.
Daytonian

Sunbury, OH

#22797 Dec 11, 2013
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Yah, but then you're the treasonous douche who gleefully hopes his country fails. A real patriot. Wish that made me "LMAO" but then I'm not a 15 year old girl sending a text message. You keep believing that the vast majority of hard working, tax paying Americans who voted for Obama did it for a free phone and not because we all think you guys are a greedy, conniving, doomsday Bible bunker fringe group. How DARE you try to inflict this nation with a man who believes in magic underwear, you stammering toothless hooptie.
I read your post with interest trying to glean just a small amount of knowledge or wisdom, but no dice.

Did you really mean to call me a stammering, toothless 225 that believes in a man wearing magic underwear?
Wow, that was mature. Sure you're not a 15 year old girl? No, 15 year olds are smarter and more mature than this. LMAO
Canton

Canton, OH

#22798 Dec 12, 2013
Daytonian wrote:
<quoted text>
I read your post with interest trying to glean just a small amount of knowledge or wisdom, but no dice.
Did you really mean to call me a stammering, toothless 225 that believes in a man wearing magic underwear?
Wow, that was mature. Sure you're not a 15 year old girl? No, 15 year olds are smarter and more mature than this. LMAO
You forgot I also called you a treasonous douche but that one seemed to fit like a glove with you since you didn't comment on it. Besides, if I was a 15 year old girl, all the religious rightwingers would be trying to get me down in their doomsday Bible bunkers, although it would make me a little too old at 15, statistically speaking that is. Mormons like Mitt Romney believe in magic underwear...so who did you vote for?
Canton

Canton, OH

#22799 Dec 12, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>WHOA WHOA !! Is Gates a 'retardican? How about Soros? And others. YOU are a closed minded, blind & deaf Idiot. THEY are among the richest in the WORLD & among the top 1/100th of a percent!!
I have no more to say to such a putz as you.
Let's see how many bullsh1t propaganda scandals lead directly back to George Soros or Bill Gates. Nope...just your precious Koch Brother oil billionaires.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Censoring Male. 35 min Male 35
End of Life on Earth 44 min Reality Speaks 11
COPS lives MATTER 45 min Male 1
CIA Torture Report Comes Out Tomorrow 54 min Reality Speaks 341
Eric Garner died over cigarette tax enforcement. 1 hr Male 79
BLACK lives MATTER 1 hr Neutral Party 47
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 1 hr Neutral Party 4,824
Merry Christmas! What's your favorite memory? 1 hr Reality Speaks 301
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:01 am PST