Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =5R8At-Qno_oXX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
"The ol sh!tline is comin to port, and I'll be there to tie er up!!!"
woof
This show gave me an excuse to explain Canadian tuxedos to the English, for that it will live forever in my heart.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a trailer park manager? Like Mr. Lahey?
To the forum:

O.K. What am I missing here? What is wrong with being the manager of a mobile home park, or a resident of one? Why the disparaging remarks like that? And isn't it the sign of a bigot?

My husband and I have a friend, a 14 year old boy who lives in a park with his mother. The owner of the park and the manager are wonderful, good people. The boy is just a gem. We adore him.

I know I apply the words 'moron' and 'idiot' to some on topix, but I don't remember ever applying a label like some of our liberal friends constantly do.

I'd like some clarification. AND some definitions.

Within the past two days WA used the term 'white trash.' Why is that not racist on his part? If I said 'lazy black', I'd be reported and ripped apart.

And I'd like the definitions for these, which are always applied as a slur, and I'm, sure you can recall others:

Redneck
Hillbilly
lives in a trailer park
white trash
rides the short bus ( I HATE that one)

As to putting down anyone who has not had an extensive education, that is not only mean, but inaccurate. Your educational level is no indicator of your IQ or your character. Which is what really matters.

Now I am sure that some, like Tran, reader, che , duke or RU will come up with something I've posted in the past.

I truly believe they stay awake all night, when the forum has quieted down, and go back and 'catalog' every remark any of us have made so they can twist it and use it later.

Example: Tran to me, in an attempt to disparage and discount what I had said: "You've had multiple marriages"

Fact: I've been married twice, years apart, and it has been months since I spoke about it.

The attempts to paint Catman a drunken sod, when he works full time, handles a huge responsibiity and a huge heart are pathetic. As are the ones painting Glitter as a slut or irresponsible parent.

So along with the aforementioned definitions, WHY is OK for any race to demean whites, and it's not racism, and for libs to throw labels on other's because they don't agree with them, and it's not the act of a bigot?

Is anyone else in the country pondering this?

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
To the forum:
O.K. What am I missing here? What is wrong with being the manager of a mobile home park, or a resident of one? Why the disparaging remarks like that? And isn't it the sign of a bigot?
My husband and I have a friend, a 14 year old boy who lives in a park with his mother. The owner of the park and the manager are wonderful, good people. The boy is just a gem. We adore him.
I know I apply the words 'moron' and 'idiot' to some on topix, but I don't remember ever applying a label like some of our liberal friends constantly do.
Within the past two days WA used the term 'white trash.' Why is that not racist on his part? If I said 'lazy black', I'd be reported and ripped apart.
And I'd like the definitions for these, which are always applied as a slur, and I'm, sure you can recall others:
Redneck
Hillbilly
lives in a trailer park
white trash
As to putting down anyone who has not had an extensive education, that is not only mean, but inaccurate. Your educational level is no indicator of your IQ or your character. Which is what really matters.
Now I am sure that some, like Tran, reader, che , duke or RU will come up with something I've posted in the past.
I truly believe they stay awake all night, when the forum has quieted down, and go back and 'catalog' every remark any of us have made so they can twist it and use it later.
Example: Tran to me, in an attempt to disparage and discount what I had said: "You've had multiple marriages"
Fact: I've been married twice, years apart, and it has been months since I spoke about it.
The attempts to paint Catman a drunken sod, when he works full time, handles a huge responsibiity and a huge heart are pathetic. As are the ones painting Glitter as a slut or irresponsible parent.
So along with the aforementioned definitions, WHY is OK for any race to demean whites, and it's not racism, and for libs to throw labels on other's because they don't agree with them, and it's not the act of a bigot?
All well-made points.
Leftist arguments are rooted in emotion, as opposed to reason...for obvious reasons.

Simplest explanation is found the in the Bible:

"A wise man's heart inclines him to the right, but a fool's heart to the left."

-- Ecclesiastes 10:2

; )
They cannot kill a Spook

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
To the forum:
Redneck
Hillbilly
lives in a trailer park
white trash
You can't get a more loyal worker than a hillbilly that road the short bus to school that now lives in a trailer park.
The above sentence is not ray-cyst. But if the sentence was
nothing lazier than a retarded beaner-roid. That is ray-cyst. Understand the first makes fun of whites with low home value and learning troubles. The second points out fact about half mexican half black bastards. We know the lefties can't stand facts.

“Bee Hive Jive”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
To the forum:
Redneck
Hillbilly
lives in a trailer park
white trash
You just said what most of us on this forum think.
There is no reason to demean for any reason.
Everyone is different, in their ways of life, their thoughts and expressions. If you don't agree, why call names? Childish, boorish behavior becomes strained after a while.
We are civil people, at least I want to believe that.
Some who are unhappy with themselves or life itself, doesn't have to impose their moods on the world. Seek help. You need self esteem , and to be secure in your life. Thinking positive is a start.
To demean anyone in their job capacity is abusive and shows how insecure you are. Making yourself feel better to belittle some one is a person who needs help.
I have posted on this forum many years, on and off and this is the worste I have ever seen.
Just remember, every job is as important as the next..where would we be without people in the service industry? Where would we be without janitors,clerks,parking attendants, etc! Get the drift? No job is meanial.
We must remain grounded and set our priorities.
I also apologize to anyone for remarks I have made, that were hurtful. This is really not me....it's easy to be brave behind a keyboard. We all know that. Just silly games we all play.
Thank you my dear for opening up this discussion!! It was well over due!!!!

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
To the forum:
Redneck
Hillbilly
lives in a trailer park
white trash
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trailer_Park_Boy...

When it seems like you're missing something everyone else gets, Google can often help sort you out.

Since: Jun 13

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
When it seems like you're missing something everyone else gets, Google can often help sort you out.
Why would most Americans get a reference to an utterly obscure Canadian comedy? Ever been to Dartmouth? Even most Western Canadians don't "get it" because if its regional flavour.
Duke for Mayor

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for that...I was not aware that they're in the process of creating another season of shows.

Great News!!!

woof

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Hightstown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Warlock Watch wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why are YOU on here spewing your holier than thou holy roller crap?
DUH
You must not be very intelligent. I believe my post was all-inclusive. Apparently that went over your head. I'm sure quite a lot does.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
You just said what most of us on this forum think.
There is no reason to demean for any reason.
Everyone is different, in their ways of life, their thoughts and expressions. If you don't agree, why call names? Childish, boorish behavior becomes strained after a while.
We are civil people, at least I want to believe that.
Some who are unhappy with themselves or life itself, doesn't have to impose their moods on the world. Seek help. You need self esteem , and to be secure in your life. Thinking positive is a start.
To demean anyone in their job capacity is abusive and shows how insecure you are. Making yourself feel better to belittle some one is a person who needs help.
I have posted on this forum many years, on and off and this is the worste I have ever seen.
Just remember, every job is as important as the next..where would we be without people in the service industry? Where would we be without janitors,clerks,parking attendants, etc! Get the drift? No job is meanial.
We must remain grounded and set our priorities.
I also apologize to anyone for remarks I have made, that were hurtful. This is really not me....it's easy to be brave behind a keyboard. We all know that. Just silly games we all play.
Thank you my dear for opening up this discussion!! It was well over due!!!!
I don't recall you being intentionally mean. And like I said, I've thrown 'idiot' and 'moron' around myself. But it's all so counter productive and the country is becoming hopelessly divided.

But why can't we have the discussions we used to like "Bobby at Krogers" and "Is there a war on women", without the empty name calling.

I mean, "do you manage a trailer park" hurled as an insult? Come on, that is moronic.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction: a number of us do interact positively on this forum and outside this forum. A select handful come here because they are simply like to prove their stupidity, or their perceived superiority, or their lack of a brain... you may interpret that as you wish. Here kitty, kitty, kitty...
You should not include yourself in that group. You rarely interact positively with anyone. As for outside this forum, that's your business. But you aren't here to be social.
Duke for Mayor

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Bicycle Girl...I absolutely LOVE Mr. Lahey.

woof

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

gokeefe wrote:
^^^scratch the "are" in the sentence "because they simply like to..."
Lord help us all if we get the superiority attitude due to a simple grammar error. I can self-edit. Luckily, I don't write for mothering.com or caloriecount.com .
Neither do I. Nice to know you're lacking in a life though. Why do you care so much about me?

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Collective obsession regarding you? That's one for the psychiatry books regarding narcissism. Sorry to bust your bubble, but if you check it out, I'm not here everyday. My presence here is spotty, unlike yours. You seem to like to inflame others just for the response. I just come here to chat when time permits or I have the inclination. I'm not obsessed with Topix.
But you're apparently obsessed with discovering who these people are outside of topix. That's a big difference between people like me and Che and you. I doubt Che gives a damn who you are. You, on the other hand, obviously do.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a moronic response and I reject it.
Anything interesting or constructive you can add? If not, don't clog the thread.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
And thanks for more than making my point so rapidly.
Enzyte Bob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Agreed. People are too big for their britches sometime and each person has a set of skills that come naturally to them. Every now and then, the guy in the beat up pickup truck is the multimillionaire who owns that trailer park. There is no shame in work of any kind.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
All well-made points.
Leftist arguments are rooted in emotion, as opposed to reason...for obvious reasons.
Simplest explanation is found the in the Bible:
"A wise man's heart inclines him to the right, but a fool's heart to the left."
-- Ecclesiastes 10:2
; )
Really? Like all of George's posts that almost always include ad hominem attacks and racial epithets?

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Diamond Eugene wrote:
<quoted text>Why would most Americans get a reference to an utterly obscure Canadian comedy? Ever been to Dartmouth? Even most Western Canadians don't "get it" because if its regional flavour.
It's pretty popular. Might be a generational thing. Kids today and their durn shows and all that.

The half dozen places we referred to the show and posted clips might have been a context clue, as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Michael Brown Case 1 hr They cannot kill ... 51
When Will Obama DIE? 1 hr albert 13
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr Old Guy 30,441
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 1 hr Pale Rider 3,184
10 Investigates: Teachers Caught Recording, Con... 1 hr They cannot kill ... 3
RIP Ashley Stevens 3 hr E-Bob 2
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 14 hr Truth 2,281

Search the Columbus Forum:
•••
•••