“THE GANG”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#1119 Sep 8, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a problem! Good reminder. I think all can benefit from prayer or some meditation and some days for me it's just "dear God, get me through this before and give me the grace to rise above before I clobber someone or gouge my eyes out."
I agree! Some days are more trying than others.
Breath and take one day at a time. That's what I try to do.
Otherwise, it can be overwhelming.
I enjoy your posts!=~}
Enzyte Bob

United States

#1120 Sep 8, 2013
For the Sandra Fluke wannabe skank:

Why is 'Duck Dynasty' so popular?
Jennifer A. Marshall September 08, 2013

.... the story of a family whose earlier chapters weren't so "happy, happy, happy" - as Phil likes to refer to life now. The catchphrase supplies the title of his autobiographical book. In it, Phil recounts a miserable episode early in his marriage to "Miss Kay" when his drinking and all-night partying almost ruined the lives of the whole family.

Running a dilapidated bar didn't help, and things only got worse when Phil assaulted his landlords in a dispute about the lease. The low point came after Phil kicked out Kay and their three sons at the time. Kay moved the boys into an apartment that a church helped pay for. She put everything in her maiden name, fearing for their safety. Phil showed up a few months later, broken by the meaninglessness of life without his family. Kay, who had become a Christian before the separation, insisted that getting right with God was essential to Phil's getting back on track. Phil met with her pastor. Convinced and convicted, he was baptized.

... The wild popularity of Duck Dynasty doesn't seem to have changed the Robertsons much. They're still most comfortable outdoors hunting or fishing or blowing up stuff in West Monroe, La., affectionate toward one another, and open about their Christian faith.

Nearly every episode ends with the extended family in prayer around the dinner table. Speaking around the country and to media, family members are evangelistic and candid about how their faith shapes their lives.

For one thing, they're serious about marriage.

"One of the great tragedies I see is people not putting every effort into the foundation of their marriage," Miss Kay writes. "My grandmother told me that it's one man and one woman for life and that your marriage is worth fighting for."

She would know - and it showed in the poignant fourth-season opener. It featured a wedding ceremony for Phil and Kay, a surprise arranged by their daughters-in-law on their 49th anniversary. They'd never had a wedding, only a visit to the justice of the peace. This time eldest son Alan, a pastor, officiated.

"We've been through some good times and some hard times," Kay recalls. "I loved you when we were poor, and you were not so nice."

The Robertsons also are committed to sexual abstinence before marriage. On one episode, Phil accompanies a grandson and the boy's girlfriend on a date (in Grandpa's boat) and has a talk about it.

They're pro-life. In his book, Phil rues the fact that there seem to be more federal rules protecting ducks than unborn children.

They're entrepreneurs, proponents of the right to bear arms and uninhibited by political correctness.

The Robertsons are pretty much the profile of Americans who "cling to guns or religion," in the caricatured terms used by one prominent politician a few years back. However much elites may deride the caricature, America sure loves this real-life version.

No doubt many view Duck Dynasty as a refreshingly wholesome alternative to much of pop culture (see: Hannah Montana morphing into Madonna at the MTV Video Music Awards). "Maybe it's because we live our lives like people really want to live," suggests Phil. If his hunch is right about what draws folks to such an unabashedly conservative family, it's a good sign. More Americans speaking up for what they believe - about life, marriage, family, faith, and freedom - could lead to a surprising reversal for our country as well.

-- Jennifer A. Marshall is director of the DeVos Center for Religion and Civil Society at the Heritage Foundation.
Witch Watch

Galloway, OH

#1121 Sep 8, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
After seeing how it has atrophied the brains here, no thanks.
Birds of a feather, right? Or in your case, is it the rare case of anencephaly&#8206; survival?
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#1122 Sep 8, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet when you are here, you dedicate 80% of your posts to me. Hmmmm.
I hadn't noticed that. She may be replying to something you said, which is different than dedicating posts to someone. That would be like when Woofie continues to start threads about Nate. Face it, Che - your moniker alone was intended to inflame. You have no social life and feel the need to get attention here by behaving badly. I'll say it again - you need to find something to do to heal your soul, because you won't find whatever you're looking for on here.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#1123 Sep 8, 2013
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
I hadn't noticed that. She may be replying to something you said, which is different than dedicating posts to someone. That would be like when Woofie continues to start threads about Nate. Face it, Che - your moniker alone was intended to inflame. You have no social life and feel the need to get attention here by behaving badly. I'll say it again - you need to find something to do to heal your soul, because you won't find whatever you're looking for on here.
I get exactly what I am looking for here; laughs at a bunch of self righteous wingnuts.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#1124 Sep 8, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I get exactly what I am looking for here; laughs at a bunch of self righteous wingnuts.
Speaks to your character, of which you must be so proud! What a sad waste of a huge chunk of your life.

“Cats rule.”

Since: Dec 09

Chardon Ohio.

#1125 Sep 8, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you tell me honestly what you do for a living?

“The One! The Only! RUKiddingme”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey, Baby!

#1126 Sep 8, 2013
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
Ma va te me a fanculo
Lmao
Pucchiacca

“The One! The Only! RUKiddingme”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey, Baby!

#1127 Sep 8, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Collective obsession regarding you? That's one for the psychiatry books regarding narcissism. Sorry to bust your bubble, but if you check it out, I'm not here everyday. My presence here is spotty, unlike yours. You seem to like to inflame others just for the response. I just come here to chat when time permits or I have the inclination. I'm not obsessed with Topix.
You still manage to respond to an amazing number of his posts, as evidenced by Exhibit A above.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#1128 Sep 8, 2013
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaks to your character, of which you must be so proud! What a sad waste of a huge chunk of your life.
Huge chunk of my life? Do you go into isolation when you visit Topix? This really doesn't take very much effort for someone with above average intelligence.

“THE GANG”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#1129 Sep 8, 2013
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
Pucchiacca
Lmao, porky!
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#1130 Sep 8, 2013
Catman Dave wrote:
<quoted text>Can you tell me honestly what you do for a living?
Already have.

“Cats rule.”

Chardon Ohio.

#1131 Sep 8, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Already have.
When? where?,just curious.

“Cats rule.”

Chardon Ohio.

#1132 Sep 8, 2013
Whats the matter Che? you cant talk to me unless I'm drunk,when you can demean me and put me down in public? I got your game.

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#1133 Sep 8, 2013
Catman Dave wrote:
<quoted text>When? where?,just curious.
I don't remember ever seeing a job description, either.

“Cats rule.”

Chardon Ohio.

#1134 Sep 8, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as I thought.How was your day? Exept for the Browns loosing,I'm doing pretty good right now.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#1135 Sep 8, 2013
Catman Dave wrote:
Whats the matter Che? you cant talk to me unless I'm drunk,when you can demean me and put me down in public? I got your game.
Now how would I know whether you are drunk or not?
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#1136 Sep 8, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pay attention.

“Cats rule.”

Chardon Ohio.

#1137 Sep 8, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Now how would I know whether you are drunk or not?
Well gee,other people on here can tell,why cant you.You seem to think you are so smart.

“Cats rule.”

Chardon Ohio.

#1138 Sep 8, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Pay attention.
Show some proof.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ohio High School cancels Muslim Day celebration... 5 min Reality Speaks 141
Freddie Gray riots in Baltimore 8 min Reality Speaks 48
Obama Admits Communist Davis “Schooled” Him 10 min Male 209
If potato salad caused the botulism, will libs ... 17 min Reality Speaks 13
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 25 min Reality Speaks 6,233
Tyson to cut human antibiotics in American Flocks 29 min BizzyBee 1
Sprinkles the Kitty 52 min BizzyBee 3
BizzyBee HAS LEFT THIS FORUM…..FOR GOOD! 16 hr Learn to read 107
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]