Wait what

Dublin, OH

#941 Sep 5, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
@Duke - "No, its not the "same difference."
Sure it is. By the 1970's the Soviet Union perfected state propaganda. Unfortunately, it came off as flat footed because the facts weren't on their side. Now that the facts are on their side they know how to get the word out.
Don't for one minute think this statement wasn't intentional ... intended to play to the sentiments of Europe, Asia and the middle east.
Peter Wehner - Putin is cleaning Obama's clock:

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2013/06/24/...

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Columbus, OH

#943 Sep 6, 2013
Diamond Eugene wrote:
<quoted text>Kids are gonna screw. They don't listen to their parents, especially if they're "in love" at that age. How did Sarah "allow" Bristol to have sex? Sometimes there's a pregnancy. That's life.
The Akron trolls would be the first to cry foul if the Palins were black leftists and their "dirty laundry" was discussed here.
Nope. Disagree. My 19yo is still a virgin; petting, no doubt, penetration, nope, tissue sex, I'm sure. Trust and believe he was "in love" for four years. Values are values, he understands that his life would be kaput if he didn't glove it. I would gladly pay for birth control. Yes, I have asked my son point blank if he has had sex, I know him and he is telling the truth. His Christian values override urges.

Columbus, OH

#944 Sep 6, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you denying that Dave has posted here about his loneliness? His drinking? How the only living creatures he has in his life are his cats? You deny that?
Dave knows what he is doing. Who am I to judge? He knows who he count on and you're not one of them.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#945 Sep 6, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
For the most part, only the low lifes and the elites.
For the most part...that's not true.

woof

Columbus, OH

#946 Sep 6, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "friends" are the ones who want to discuss whether my comments about you are accurate or not. That perpetuates the conversation which then results in me pointing out that my comments about you are only repeating things that you have yourself written here, with an added dash of honesty. It's funny that you and your "friends" haven't figured out that the only time I mention you is when you insult someone for their failings of self control, when they claim that I am making stuff up about you, or when they try to contrast their fantasies about me to their warped vision of your reality. But by all means, carry on.
Oh please, making Bobby happy and vomiting....

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#947 Sep 6, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>Oh please, making Bobby happy and vomiting....
Lets go for 1000. Boo yah!
roflmao

Cleveland, OH

#951 Sep 6, 2013
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, he's drinking himself to death and his "friends" are enabling his dysfunctional behavior because they can wind him up and make him dance like a racist monkey when he's drunk.
Hell is too good for you.
Enzyte Bob

United States

#952 Sep 6, 2013
@Duke Post 940 - Great way to rewrite history. What are you some gutter Jew? The vast middle class kept their legs together prior to 1960. This was a religious country back then and that is one of the main tenets if not THE main tenet of Christianity.

Just because baby boomer women were brainwashed by neurotic Christian hating Jews that it was okay to be SLUTS that doesn't mean that previous generations were gutter trash in masse.

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#953 Sep 6, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
@Duke Post 940 - Great way to rewrite history. What are you some gutter Jew? The vast middle class kept their legs together prior to 1960. This was a religious country back then and that is one of the main tenets if not THE main tenet of Christianity.
Just because baby boomer women were brainwashed by neurotic Christian hating Jews that it was okay to be SLUTS that doesn't mean that previous generations were gutter trash in masse.
You're aware that one in four young women marrying (19 and under) in the 50s were pregnant on their wedding day?

(NVSR, 2001, Vol 49,#10)

This was a massive figure, in today's numbers. The 50's saw between 80 and 95 births per 1,000 to teenage mothers (though, as you point out, many of these young parents did marry upon finding that they were expecting) down to just under 50 per 1,000 in 2000.

You've got your cause and effect muddled. There aren't more births out of wedlock now because there is more premarital sex now, there are more births out of wedlock now because the social expectations for people, especially teens, to marry upon becoming pregnant have changed.
Enzyte Bob

United States

#954 Sep 6, 2013
Here you go gutter filth:

Certainly, sex outside of wedlock is not a new phenomenon. Certainly there is a tendency among many to think that things are worse than they are and always getting worse. But the common view that things are quite out of control now in a new way is confirmed by statistics.[2] Consider that:

In the 1960s, 25 percent of young men and 45 percent of young women were virgins at age 19; by the 1980s, fewer than 20 percent of males and females were.

In the 1950s, roughly 9 in 10 young women got married without living with their partner, compared with 1 in 3 in the early 1990s.

The percentage of white women married from 1960-65 who were virgins was 43; from 1980-85 it was 14.

... An entire society of SLUTS.
Enzyte Bob

United States

#955 Sep 6, 2013
We have a whole generation of young people who are receiving from their culture the understanding that sex before marriage sex with several partners before marriage with whom one does not have a committed relationship and has no plans to marry, is perfectly acceptable. Very few manage to remain virgins until marriage. These young people need to hear and to come to understand the Christian understanding of sexuality that it belongs within marriage. They need to hear that it is designed to create powerful bonds between spouses, bonds that enable them to forge the intimate relationship vital to their growth and vital to the well-being of their children. They need to learn that sexual intercourse is not simply a pleasure to be pursued without reverence for these purposes of sexuality.
Enzyte Bob

United States

#956 Sep 6, 2013
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#958 Sep 6, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
You're aware that one in four young women marrying (19 and under) in the 50s were pregnant on their wedding day?
(NVSR, 2001, Vol 49,#10)
This was a massive figure, in today's numbers. The 50's saw between 80 and 95 births per 1,000 to teenage mothers (though, as you point out, many of these young parents did marry upon finding that they were expecting) down to just under 50 per 1,000 in 2000.
You've got your cause and effect muddled. There aren't more births out of wedlock now because there is more premarital sex now, there are more births out of wedlock now because the social expectations for people, especially teens, to marry upon becoming pregnant have changed.
Truth doesn't fit into Bobby's theorem, so it is ignored.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#959 Sep 6, 2013
By the way, Bob...Do you think there might be just a bit of a chance that any pre-1960's statistics regarding premarital sex would be skewed downward as a result of people's more willingness to be more open and truthful in response to poll questions about their sexuality post 1965 or so?

I sure do.

woof

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#960 Sep 6, 2013
If Miley Cyrus' twerking is what you consider being "open and truthful about [her] sexuality," then bring back moral opprobrium at light speed.

Moral teaching and opprobrium served a purpose.
And still does...for those who are not of the ovis aries genus.

Since: Jan 12

Columbus, OH

#961 Sep 6, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob, you made a statement that was completely false, and what you posted above doesn't help your cause.
Unmarried people have had sex for centuries.
woof
Exactly. Those young rich girls were screwing all the time. They just had support systems in place to take care of "slip ups". Private practice doctors were performing abortions for wealthy people's daughters since modern times in America. That or either they sent the girl away until the baby was born and adopted it out.

Ebob, would love to believe that the girls from his families small European town kept their legs closed tight...maybe they did to Ebob, but there was rolling in the hay going on with teens in every culture.

How many white women on Topix can say with honesty that their husband was the first guy ever to pop that coochie. How many men can say the same of themselves? Did you guys marry the first girl you hump?

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Hightstown, NJ

#963 Sep 6, 2013
Diamond Eugene wrote:
Hmmm...what a "happy marriage":
Inside the Obama's rocky marriage: How lonely Michelle nearly walked out on ambitious (and hen-pecked) Barack
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12153...
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c...
Apparently you didn't read the end of the article that states their marriage is stronger than ever.

Location hidden

#964 Sep 6, 2013
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text>
...How many white women on Topix can say with honesty that their husband was the first guy ever to pop that coochie. How many men can say the same of themselves? Did you guys marry the first girl you hump?
"pop that coochie"..."hump "?

Not all of us are animals.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Hightstown, NJ

#965 Sep 6, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Having once been that age, I somewhat agree with this statement. But back when we were growing up there was a lot of societal pressure and you almost felt you had to screw whether you wanted to or not. Those were the days when Jewish shrinks held a lot of sway, birth control was being adopted by the masses and "The Joy of Sex" was considered a must read.
However, I also know devoutly religious people who don't screw until marriage.
The numbers don't lie. There was practically no sex before marriage prior to the 1960's. I think if they could do it, so can the current generation if they are taught to delay gratification ... at least until the right person comes along.
That is quite untrue. Premarital sex and even extramarital affairs were quite common previous to the 1960s.

Location hidden

#966 Sep 6, 2013
-tip- wrote:
If Miley Cyrus' twerking is what you consider being "open and truthful about [her] sexuality," then bring back moral opprobrium at light speed.
Moral teaching and opprobrium served a purpose.
And still does...for those who are not of the ovis aries genus.
Speaking of twerking...check out the pros.

http://americanpowerblog.blogspot.com/2013/09...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 18 min So Vain 2,476
Breaking: Second Nurse w/ Ebola flies with 99.5... 30 min d pantz 106
EBOLA: American Outbreak 31 min Male 42
T r a m a d o l & X A N A X and much more 35 min d pantz 17
President Ebola 42 min Male 613
Fire Serves As A Reminder Of The Dangers Of Cou... 1 hr Big Johnson 1
Oops! 1 hr BizzyBee 4
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 2 hr lol oh wow 3,957
Columbus Dating
Find my Match

Columbus Jobs

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE