South Side man found guilty in stabbi...

South Side man found guilty in stabbing death | The Columbus Di...

There are 48 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Apr 21, 2010, titled South Side man found guilty in stabbing death | The Columbus Di.... In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Derek Yoder, 28, center, was found guilty of aggravated murder. With him in court yesterday were attorneys Terri Jamison-Gary, left, and Jeffrey Basnett.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
MissinDale

Columbus, OH

#41 Jun 3, 2010
Emme wrote:
<quoted text>Life without the possibility of parole on the aggravated murder conviction. Plus 10 years on the aggravated robbery and 5 years on the tampering with evidence. All sentences to be served consecutively. The maximum sentence available.
thanks emme may dale rest in peace and derek rott forever now
Unknown

Columbus, OH

#42 Jun 4, 2010
Emme wrote:
<quoted text>Life without the possibility of parole on the aggravated murder conviction. Plus 10 years on the aggravated robbery and 5 years on the tampering with evidence. All sentences to be served consecutively. The maximum sentence available.
Where is he serving it at? Mansfield, Lucusville, Columbus?
Aunt

Reynoldsburg, OH

#43 Jun 22, 2010
The media made it seem like Dale was a heavy into drugs but the truth is he barely did weed, he didn't even know how to roll the joint. They checked his blood work for any kinds of drugs in his system and he had none. Derek and him would hang out and play video games they were acquaintances and he Murdered him. Dale didn't deserve any of it. He was a good guy and too young to die
Emme

Reynoldsburg, OH

#44 Jun 22, 2010
Unknown wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is he serving it at? Mansfield, Lucusville, Columbus?
According to the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction website, Yoder was processed into the Correctional Reception Center in Orient, Ohio on June 17th. From what I understand, this may not be his final stop, he could eventually move on to another facility, possibly Lucasville.
bottoms

Columbus, OH

#45 Jul 2, 2010
"HELL" WOULD BE A GOOD PLACE FOR HIM !
rtf

Lancaster, OH

#46 Jul 20, 2010
Yikes wrote:
I think this kid went to Hamilton Township and may have a few siblings. From what I can remember the Yoder family was nice polite and very friendly. Clearly something "drugs" happended and an argument went south "literally' and now someone is dead and another will spend the rest of his life in prison. My thoughts and prayers go out to both families as i'm sure it's hard being on both sides of this horrible situation!
Yes he did go to Hamilton. My brother and I knew him growing up. My guess is he got ripped off for something and finally got fed up with it... I could be wrong though. He was kind of one of those guys that everyone took advantage of because they knew he wouldn't stand up for himself or do anything about it if they screwed him over or whatever... sad
Uncle E

Huntington, IN

#47 Aug 21, 2011
I was good friends with Yoder growing up, and we used to rob people every now and then but I never thought that he would take it so far as to murder someone. CRAZY!!! Drug addiction is a Mother F#*&. Now that I think about it, he tried to stab me one time when we was drunk but I handed him a beating. Lol
3rdCousinofDales

Hermitage, TN

#48 Sep 21, 2013
Still think about coloring as kids when we had family reunion. So long ago and one day he was heavy on my mind and a week later my dad tells me that he is dead. If your family ever just pop up in your head for no reason, tell them how much you love them! Still think about him, and because of this Derek the last memory I will ever have of Dale, is the way he was brutally murdered! For those who have said rude comments need to be blocked, stupid trolls get a life, losers!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tick Tock arrives just in time for Thanksgiving 17 min Pope Che Reagan C... 81
Leeann Tweeden v. Al Franken 1 hr Male 158
Democrats War On Who? 1 hr Duke for Mayor 5
Trump, Give Our Country a Christmas Present...R... 1 hr Duke for Mayor 5
Malia Obama Draped All Over British Aristocrat ... 1 hr Duke for Mayor 5
Google admits it tracks us even with location s... 2 hr They cannot kill ... 2
News This is Ohio's drunkest city 2 hr They cannot kill ... 3

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance