South Side man found guilty in stabbing death | The Columbus Di...

Derek Yoder, 28, center, was found guilty of aggravated murder. With him in court yesterday were attorneys Terri Jamison-Gary, left, and Jeffrey Basnett. Full Story
grieving cousin

Mentor, OH

#21 Apr 21, 2010
south side wrote:
My Prayer's go out to both Family's they didn't do anything. As for the two guy's they should have just said "no to drug's" and everyone would be home now.
Dale was NOT doing or selling drugs.
Silver the Hedgehog

San Francisco, CA

#22 Apr 21, 2010
I don't care what you people think, this guy made his bed and now he lies in it. A murder is a murder and got what he deserves. He DESERVES to pay for what he did. PERIOD
truth finder

Columbus, OH

#23 Apr 21, 2010
Fred Krueger - Attorney wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't Dale Waters a drug dealer himself?... You know what they say about playing with fire...
Due to the dispatch's abbreviated article,some reader unfortunately got the impression Dale was a drug dealer/user. He was not! He was a good person,a kind person who didn't drink or do drugs. On a rare and infrequent occasion he smoked pot. How many in his age range hasn't? He was kind person who brought joy to his family and friends, and as the assistant prosecutor, Mr. Rogers, stated in court,"He was loved".
Silver the Hedgehog

San Francisco, CA

#24 Apr 21, 2010
"Was loved", by pot sellers everywhere.
SoSad2

Grove City, OH

#25 Apr 21, 2010
I am so glad that this is over with for both family's, although I CAN stop thinking about Derek Yoder,I cant stop thinking about Dale Waters and what a good and kind person he really was and how he was really just starting his life.We were so proud of him for getting his 1st apartment,and more than that-he was proud of himself too.He was not a DRUG dealer,and if you knew Dale Waters at all you would laugh at even the image of it.Please stop the conversations that this was a drug deal gone bad.It was a murder over money that Dale did or didnt have from working a 40 hour a week job, like everyone else except Mr. Derek Yoder. Rest in Peace Dale.
nfl2010

Columbus, OH

#26 Apr 23, 2010
knmif wrote:
Since none of you know Dale, you should know, he wasn't dealing drugs, he was somewhat a hermit and had be-"friended" this loser at work and knew he could pressure him into giving him money. I really think we shouldn't have to pay for Dale's murderer to live for ever how long in jail, he should get the death penalty...
Well honestly Mr. Yoder should sit in jail and think about what he did to such a nice young man. Killing Derek would be to easy on his part!
ash1979

Columbus, OH

#27 Apr 23, 2010
grieving cousin wrote:
<quoted text>Dale was NOT doing or selling drugs.
I dont know about (selling drugs) but I know Dale used some.
clt48

Dublin, OH

#28 Apr 23, 2010
Veteran from Columbus wrote:
What drug addicts won't do to get that next high. I am so sorry for the deceased's family. This was very senseless, and Yoder and his ex-girlfriend should pay a price.
exactly the girlfriend should be in jail as well. but she walks scottfree...
Both families are suffering very much. my prayers are with them all.
Emme

Columbus, OH

#29 Apr 23, 2010
I am in Dale's immediate family and was at the trial. I heard the evidence and it was enough to give anyone nightmares. I wish that those of you who are making cold-hearted, flippant comments about Dale's murder could have been there to see what all of us-including the jury-saw. The ONLY person asserting that Dale's murder had anything to do with drugs was Derek Yoder.He would have said anything to save himself. Don't you think that if there was anyone who could have backed him up on this that his attorney would have brought them in? Yoder has a long, violent history of hurting those that he perceives as vulnerable and Dale was his target. This case-as proved by the State of Ohio-was all about Yoder robbing Dale. He thought that Dale had money. To those of you who think you're funny and clever with your heartless and uninformed comments, you are coming across as ignorant bullies. And according to what we know of Yoder, he was an ignorant bully as well. Look where that has landed him...
hill top

Grove City, OH

#30 Apr 25, 2010
I think it's time to take this off the web now. It's over and done with. No more joke's it was never funny. Let Dale RIP and Yoder is in jail so let's move on please.
MissinDale

Marengo, OH

#31 Apr 28, 2010
Silver the Hedgehog wrote:
"Was loved", by pot sellers everywhere.
You need to be beaten seriously
MissinDale

Marengo, OH

#32 Apr 28, 2010
I knew Dale for over 15 years and miss him terribly and Dale was NOT A DRUG DEALER so stfu! Have some respect And dale was loved by many and yoder is a liar loser and a pos
Silver the hedgehog

San Francisco, CA

#33 Apr 28, 2010
MissinDale wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to be beaten seriously
And you sir need to use your brain for once in your life. If he was a drug seller or wasn't DOESN'T MATTER. As I previously stated, a murder is a murder and nothing will ever change the fact. You can stop trying to prove his innocence and such, it will not convince them. He will get a death sentence or a live sentence, whatever, I could actually care less. I don't even know why this is in the video games section when it could just be somewhere else because I don't really think people really CARE about this guy if they HAVEN'T met them.

My little rant is over.
RIP Dale

Marengo, OH

#34 Apr 29, 2010
I would like to first address the ignorant and the judgemental that have incorrectly made the assumption that our beautiful friend Dale was some sort of drug dealer. It's appalling that you pass judgement so easily based off of an article that you read because Dale was NOT a drug dealer in any way. Dale was a kind, good, honest, hard working man that was taken way too early from this life and those that loved him cope by knowing that he is safe in God's hands and we can see him again one day. It sickens me that these readers have drawn such horrible conclusions about Dale and others choose to mock the name of the killer and make insensitive jokes rather than have sympathy for those that knew and loved Dale. May your beautiful soul forever rest in peace Dale, and I am lucky to have known you. My thoughts and prayers will always be with the Waters family.
Silver the hedgehog

San Francisco, CA

#35 Apr 29, 2010
RIP Dale wrote:
I would like to first address the ignorant and the judgemental that have incorrectly made the assumption that our beautiful friend Dale was some sort of drug dealer. It's appalling that you pass judgement so easily based off of an article that you read because Dale was NOT a drug dealer in any way. Dale was a kind, good, honest, hard working man that was taken way too early from this life and those that loved him cope by knowing that he is safe in God's hands and we can see him again one day. It sickens me that these readers have drawn such horrible conclusions about Dale and others choose to mock the name of the killer and make insensitive jokes rather than have sympathy for those that knew and loved Dale. May your beautiful soul forever rest in peace Dale, and I am lucky to have known you. My thoughts and prayers will always be with the Waters family.
Our common society is cold an harsh but people live through it an deal with it.
MissinDale

Marengo, OH

#36 Apr 30, 2010
Silver the hedgehog wrote:
<quoted text> And you sir need to use your brain for once in your life. If he was a drug seller or wasn't DOESN'T MATTER. As I previously stated, a murder is a murder and nothing will ever change the fact. You can stop trying to prove his innocence and such, it will not convince them. He will get a death sentence or a live sentence, whatever, I could actually care less. I don't even know why this is in the video games section when it could just be somewhere else because I don't really think people really CARE about this guy if they HAVEN'T met them.
My little rant is over.
Dale was the one murdered you idiot Derek was the killer the prosecutor said dale was loved so how will dale get a death sentence or life hmmm? and if you dont care why posting ? I believe it is you sir who should use your brain and research case info before posting rude comments. I hope if you die in some horrific way you are given the same respect you have shown dale here
Silver the hedgehog

San Francisco, CA

#37 Apr 30, 2010
I don't even really care who murdered who.
Charlie

Columbus, OH

#38 May 11, 2010
Silver the hedgehog wrote:
I don't even really care who murdered who.
Haha-that statement tells us everything we need to know about you - you are dazed, confused and clueless. Hey, fellow posters, let's quit feeding this troll. It's pretty obvious that he/she is a mental incompetent. Rest in Peace Dale. God Bless the Waters family and all of Dale's friends. That's really who we should be focusing on.
Today

Columbus, OH

#39 Jun 2, 2010
Did anyone go to sentencing today? How did it go? What was the sentence?
Emme

Columbus, OH

#40 Jun 2, 2010
Today wrote:
Did anyone go to sentencing today? How did it go? What was the sentence?
Life without the possibility of parole on the aggravated murder conviction. Plus 10 years on the aggravated robbery and 5 years on the tampering with evidence. All sentences to be served consecutively. The maximum sentence available.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dear Duke (Got a problem, I've got your solution) 1 hr d pantz 90
Marion Woman Sentenced To 5 Years For Taking Sh... 1 hr They cannot kill ... 1
Armed Contractor on Elevator with President 1 hr -The-Artist- 57
Carolyn Bruck, channel 6 (Jan '12) 2 hr They cannot kill ... 317
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 2 hr Pale Rider 3,555
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 hr ino 31,495
Double standards for muslims, bending league rules 2 hr BizzyBee 46
Two fish were swimming upstream.... 8 hr Duke for Mayor 385

Columbus Jobs

Columbus People Search