South Side man found guilty in stabbing death | The Columbus Di...

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

Derek Yoder, 28, center, was found guilty of aggravated murder. With him in court yesterday were attorneys Terri Jamison-Gary, left, and Jeffrey Basnett.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of48
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Drugs

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2010

Judged:

Yet another drug related death. Same old song and dance.
Captain Penny

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2010

Judged:

He was a good kid. He would never hurt anyone. Blah, Blah, Blah. Poke him in the eye w/ a sharp stick & light him up in a year or less. Murder is murder.
nfl2010

Reynoldsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2010

Im so glad this is over with. He got what he deserves, thats for sure! My prayers go out to the family of Dale Waters.
Veteran from Columbus

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2010

Judged:

What drug addicts won't do to get that next high. I am so sorry for the deceased's family. This was very senseless, and Yoder and his ex-girlfriend should pay a price.
Fred Krueger - Attorney

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2010

Judged:

nfl2010 wrote:
Im so glad this is over with. He got what he deserves, thats for sure! My prayers go out to the family of Dale Waters.
Wasn't Dale Waters a drug dealer himself?... You know what they say about playing with fire...
Bob

Roswell, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2010

Did his lawyer use the " he was just turning his life around " defense ? One less thug.
Dan

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2010

Judged:

Fred Krueger - Attorney wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't Dale Waters a drug dealer himself?... You know what they say about playing with fire...
I'm sure that we must refer to him as an undocumented pharmacist and not a drug dealer. We must also refer to this as an unsuccessful business transaction of a pharmaceutical nature and not a drug deal gone bad. That being said, Yoder still killed the dirt bag.
Fred Krueger

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2010

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure that we must refer to him as an undocumented pharmacist and not a drug dealer. We must also refer to this as an unsuccessful business transaction of a pharmaceutical nature and not a drug deal gone bad. That being said, Yoder still killed the dirt bag.
It would seem then that being an aspiring “entrepreneur” and/or “chemist” is a very dangerous vocation is certain parts of this city.
Fred Krueger

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2010

Getting back to the story, what kind of d-bag whacks a dude for a playstation and a few games? Not even for an X-box or Wii, but a playstation?

Since: Jul 09

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2010

Fred Krueger wrote:
Getting back to the story, what kind of d-bag whacks a dude for a playstation and a few games? Not even for an X-box or Wii, but a playstation?
He went back to the apartment and stole the Playstation AFTER he stabbed him to death. That's where the tampering with evidence came in. Rumor's were the argument started over the girl because of Yoder beating on her.
hum

Newark, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2010

Judged:

Not only a killer but also a liar.
Question

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2010

Judged:

Was he Amish?
knmif

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2010

Judged:

Since none of you know Dale, you should know, he wasn't dealing drugs, he was somewhat a hermit and had be-"friended" this loser at work and knew he could pressure him into giving him money. I really think we shouldn't have to pay for Dale's murderer to live for ever how long in jail, he should get the death penalty...
Hugh Jass

Oxford, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2010

I think he is Amish. Fry this puke.
Yikes

Cedar Knolls, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2010

I think this kid went to Hamilton Township and may have a few siblings. From what I can remember the Yoder family was nice polite and very friendly. Clearly something "drugs" happended and an argument went south "literally' and now someone is dead and another will spend the rest of his life in prison. My thoughts and prayers go out to both families as i'm sure it's hard being on both sides of this horrible situation!
south side

Grove City, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2010

My Prayer's go out to both Family's they didn't do anything. As for the two guy's they should have just said "no to drug's" and everyone would be home now.
Fred Krueger

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2010

JacketsFan wrote:
<quoted text>
He went back to the apartment and stole the Playstation AFTER he stabbed him to death. That's where the tampering with evidence came in. Rumor's were the argument started over the girl because of Yoder beating on her.
You sure it wasn't because he beat his "high score" on Playstation?...
RIPDALE

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2010

Judged:

For those who read this Please note Dale Waters was NOT! a Durg Dealer! Yoder was the dealer! Yes Dale Smoked Weed every now and again! come on how many ppl can say they never tried it! and as you can See the Jury KNEW HE WAS FULL OF*&^*@! Self-Defense! Right! Pure Crap! God always punishes the wrong/Guilty, and Protects the Good. Dale was a great friend and will never be forgotten.
And god's will shall be done, So I pray for Life in Prison, BC death would be to easy for him! For those who never had the pleasure of meeting our great friend and family member Dale Waters. I am sorry that you never met him, but like Prosecutor said Everyone they talked to LOVED DALE!
A big Thank you to Heather Robinson and Jeffery Rodgers and the rest of the Ohio Prosecutors Office for all of their help. I love you all for your work finally Dale can rest in peace.
~Missing my Brother
grieving cousin

Mentor, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2010

Judged:

nfl2010 wrote:
thank you for your kind words.
grieving cousin

Mentor, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2010

Judged:

Fred Krueger wrote:
lets not make jokes and idiotic comments.some people are grieving the lose of a family member.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of48
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

51 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Columbus Police Hunting For Suspects Following ... 6 min BoB V 3
Eric Garner - NYPD's Latest Victim - Bad Cop 10 min Black Rhino 1
Puppet-OTUS 41 min Black Rhino 41
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 43 min Reality Speaks 28,993
Lois Lerner linked to another erased hard drive 1 hr Pope Che Reagan Christ I 18
Does Obama have the right to ban cameras, media... 2 hr Putin tough Obama soft 10
No you agree with Israeli airstrikes into Gaza? 2 hr Reality Speaks 23
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE