of 2
Next Last
d pantz

Toledo, OH

#21 May 23, 2014
sidekick wrote:
<quoted text>
Cuttin-Corners Inc.
Where Jose likes it soupy and Pedro prefers it stiff.
Ever been there? The precast walls look like ancient Myan/Aztec architecture.
sidekick

Columbus, OH

#22 May 23, 2014
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text> Ever been there? The precast walls look like ancient Myan/Aztec architecture.
No, and haven't seen much concrete work that stands out as eye-catching. But, I can imagine the work that would go into an exhibit at a zoo.
However, I do recall some funky designs in the concrete at the Columbus zoo, but I thought some could've been fake.
sidekick

Columbus, OH

#23 May 23, 2014
They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha
When the Italian guys I use pour concrete it is stiff. The use truss screeds or a roller screed when ever possible if they have to do it by hand it is still stiff. They have refused many loads for not being to their specs. Rarely do they use plastizer.
The couple crews I know who do concrete are Italian and one Irish. Although, the Irish guys do a bigger percentage of block/brick/stone work, rather than pouring.
I admire some great stone and brick work when I see it. It's a trade I've rarely done and probably glad I didn't.
They cannot kill a Spook

Detroit, MI

#24 May 24, 2014
sidekick wrote:
<quoted text>
The couple crews I know who do concrete are Italian and one Irish. Although, the Irish guys do a bigger percentage of block/brick/stone work, rather than pouring.
I admire some great stone and brick work when I see it. It's a trade I've rarely done and probably glad I didn't.
I have seen good stone work too. Your right not a trade.I would want to do. Speaking of immigrants or first generation americans I know two electricians one from Columbia, the other from Argentina and both hate mexicans and skinnys.
sidekick

Columbus, OH

#25 May 24, 2014
<quoted text>
I have seen good stone work too. Your right not a trade.I would want to do. Speaking of immigrants or first generation americans I know two electricians one from Columbia, the other from Argentina and both hate mexicans and skinnys.
The most reason I hear they're hated by other immigrants are filthiness and perversion.
d pantz

Toledo, OH

#26 May 24, 2014
<quoted text>
Ha
When the Italian guys I use pour concrete it is stiff. The use truss screeds or a roller screed when ever possible if they have to do it by hand it is still stiff. They have refused many loads for not being to their specs. Rarely do they use plastizer.
Even if they are pouring steps and the chute can only reach the top?
They cannot kill a Spook

Detroit, MI

#27 May 24, 2014
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text> Even if they are pouring steps and the chute can only reach the top?
Then they use.shovels come-along buckets or rakes if they don't have my telescopic forklift and.concrete bucket.. I made twomade shaped boxes with sloped bottom hydrulic gate and thre pneumatic vibrators. One goes on forks the other bobcat type quick attach.
E-Bob

United States

#28 May 24, 2014
FirstTimeHomeBuilder wrote:
http://i263.photobucket.com/al bums/ii144/nickhinkle/Random%2 0Photos/Jellyfish-House-Modern -Mansion-Exposing-Concrete-and -a-Breathtaking-Swimming-Pool- Suspeneded-in-a-Huge-Cantileve r-homesthetics-16.jpg
It like it, but it looks like a bank branch or a BMW dealership.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 4 min Astonished and Co... 1,209
Robert Krutko's new nickname, TURDKO CRAPKO OR ... 11 min landscapedude 19
News Marion police say probation, drug court too len... 1 hr Big Johnson 6
hook up in columbus 2 hr getback 40
Are you a motorcycle guy looking for female mot... 2 hr Seriouslady 5
FREE Schmidts, Flat Screens, and Event Tickets 2 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 5
FREE Industry Networking Event in Hilliard 3 hr Duke for Mayor 14
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages