Breitbarting DeeDee

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#130 Apr 5, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
1) I read the stories, as well as the University's official public statements months ago...told you that but you didn't listen. Don't need to open your links.
2) Plumbing fixtures were being damaged by people using them as foot baths...maintenance/physical services and the Administration came up with a solution, and paid for it out of student fees.
3) "Muzzie" is a derogatory term...I don't know why you think its acceptable, especially as a self professed "Christian".
4) Images of Jesus Christ suggest the imprimatur of acceptance as a state religion when placed in public schools, and therefore violate the First Amendment. There's a whole slew of appellate cases that have arrived at that conslusion. Any public school board that defies the law deserves what it gets.
woof
1. Once again, your mind is made up so you have no need to open the links because you fear what they might say.
2. Muzzies acted like animals and destroyed taxpayer property and are rewarded for it.
3. Muzzie is the LEAST derogatory word in my vocabulary for those filthy animals.
4. Leftists are terrified and angered at the thought kids being taught about figures who don't neatly fit in their ideology. More proof of that is found by perusing public school history texts. with their overflowing information of leftist and tertiary minority figures and scant, if any, coverage of patriotic and military figures unless they can be portrayed in a negative light.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#131 Apr 5, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
http://www.firstamendmentschoo ls.org/freedoms/religiousliber tycases.aspx
Hey Paco...If you feel so strongly about this, why don't you go down to your local school board's next meeting and advocate for putting up a painting of JC in each and every building?
If you can convince them to follow your plans, ask them how much they're willing to spend to defend their actions in Federal Court.
Then get back to me on that. Have fun.
woof
And speaking of fights that aren't worth the expense (and a nice segue back to something closer to the original theme of the thread), the homeowners association (and their insurer) of the Retreat at Twin Lakes decided not to fight a wrongful death suit and have settled with the Martin family for an undisclosed amount.

This doesn't mean anything in terms of the ultimate determination of guilt or non-guilt of George Zimmerman as determined in a court of law by a jury of peers. But, I would suggest that it might be an indication that the facts ain't all so cut and dried as some would prefer to believe that they are.

Location hidden

#132 Apr 5, 2013

Hilliard, OH

#133 Apr 5, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
You're sadly mistaken Karl.
woof
No, he's not. Your version of the Establishment Clause is from 1962.

Hilliard, OH

#134 Apr 5, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
And speaking of fights that aren't worth the expense (and a nice segue back to something closer to the original theme of the thread), the homeowners association (and their insurer) of the Retreat at Twin Lakes decided not to fight a wrongful death suit and have settled with the Martin family for an undisclosed amount.
This doesn't mean anything in terms of the ultimate determination of guilt or non-guilt of George Zimmerman as determined in a court of law by a jury of peers. But, I would suggest that it might be an indication that the facts ain't all so cut and dried as some would prefer to believe that they are.
BS. It's about saving money and shutting down the bad press.

Hilliard, OH

#136 Apr 5, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Christ is a historical figure, and also my personal savior.
However, Muhammed is also a historical figure. I do not accept the beliefs of Muslims with regard to earned salvation--which I would say is an essential difference beyond the role of Jesus. And I would also point out that a good many Christians struggle with the notion of earned vs gifted salvation.
With that said, I have no more problem with a public space providing accommodation to Muslim beliefs than I have in the far more numerous accommodations to those who follow my own faith tradition.
What would appear to be a sticking point for many is their preference (and for some this is grounded in their growing-up experiences prior to Supreme Court clarifications on the issue) for public schools to teach Christian beliefs through such means as the hanging of pictures and statements of the Ten Commandments, Beatitudes and Lord's Prayer, inclusion of prayers in rituals (such as lunch, graduation or assembly time) and the daily recitation of the Lord's Prayer or Twenty-third Psalm, etc.
No student ought ever be denied a personal right to prayer--however this is quite different from being taught how to pray. As schools and other public entities and workplaces demonstrate willingness to allow Muslims to pray according to their prescribed schedule, Christians--who have truly been granted a great deal of invisible privilege along the lines of respect for their religion--seem to be of a mind to respond with jealousy. In fact, no Christians have ever requested a time of private and personal prayer at set times according to the traversing of the sun--because it does not accord with their beliefs.
And while Christians may well sport ashes on their foreheads annually, none have ever observed foot-washing in conjunction with prayer. But, many do seem to get huffy that Muslims do so.
As a Christian, I suggest that it is time to get over our jealousies and support a system of government that allows and accommodates our beliefs by virtue of doing the same for all believers.
We don't receive our ashes on school property. Big difference.

Location hidden

#139 Apr 5, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>BS. It's about saving money and shutting down the bad press.
And recognizing that this is by no means an open and shut case.

And that George's friends aren't likely to stand up tall and fight for him like he thought.

And the ones (Taafe and Osterman, not to mention brother Robt jr) who are sticking with him haven't exactly been helping much.

Hilliard, OH

#140 Apr 5, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Hit up the Hilliard School Board. Go get em, Tiger.
woof
The day my son graduates, I'll be able to speak my mind.
You seem to be missing the point that nobody is arguing to introduce this painting onto the school...it's maintaining a seven decade tradition (and we know how you people feel about anything traditional.)

Hilliard, OH

#142 Apr 5, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
And recognizing that this is by no means an open and shut case.
And that George's friends aren't likely to stand up tall and fight for him like he thought.
And the ones (Taafe and Osterman, not to mention brother Robt jr) who are sticking with him haven't exactly been helping much.
No, it's about money and bad publicity. How much do you think a single owner's fee is? In a place like that maybe $200 a year. Maybe. That buys 40 minutes of an attorney's time here.

Location hidden

#144 Apr 5, 2013
<quoted text>
3. Muzzie is the LEAST derogatory word in my vocabulary for those filthy animals.
Perhaps you need to expand your vocabulary.

I understand that Spiro Agnew learned a new word every day. You should try it.

Location hidden

#146 Apr 5, 2013
<quoted text>We don't receive our ashes on school property. Big difference.
How so?

Eat fish in the cafeteria, don't you?

Hilliard, OH

#147 Apr 5, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Would it make you more comfortable if the universities had installed bidets, with signs saying "foot use only"?
Good God you're a petty bigot.
woof
And you're a mighty hypocrite, pissing about a painting of Jesus while cheering Muzzie footbaths.

Location hidden

#148 Apr 5, 2013
<quoted text>BS. It's about saving money and shutting down the bad press.
Ever the master of denial.

Location hidden

#149 Apr 5, 2013
<quoted text>The day my son graduates, I'll be able to speak my mind.
What a coward you are, George.

Hilliard, OH

#150 Apr 5, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
That "tradition" has been patently illegal since before the painting went up.
woof
Really? From 1789 to 1962, everyone just let it slide, huh?
Get a clue.

Hilliard, OH

#151 Apr 5, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
What a coward you are, George.
You'd let your kids take the heat in school for your activism?
Yes, I believe you would...

Hilliard, OH

#152 Apr 5, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever the master of denial.
It's called realism. HOAs are not generally pots of gold. And you can't tell me all the residents are anti-Zimmerman.

Hilliard, OH

#153 Apr 5, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
How so?
Eat fish in the cafeteria, don't you?
Only Catholics eat fish?
Who knew?

Hilliard, OH

#154 Apr 5, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
And apparently, not only are you a petty little bigot, you're also a spineless one. Get out from behind the computer, Mark...Go down there and tell em what you really think.
woof
As I said to Reader, I do believe you'd place your kids in a bad position at school for your activism with out caring about them.

Hilliard, OH

#155 Apr 5, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you need to expand your vocabulary.
I understand that Spiro Agnew learned a new word every day. You should try it.
My vocabulary is expansive, Reader. But the rest of it concerning Muzzies would get me banned.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Only In Monroe: Colbert Bump!!! 2 hr Duke for Mayor 1
Poll Is Barack Obama a Muslim? 71% Say Yes (May '14) 3 hr Duke for Mayor 377
Hey Walter, How about that Obamacare? 3 hr They cannot kill ... 128
State's Rights? Naaah, Just Bigotry 3 hr Duke for Mayor 3
D.M.V. Profit 3 hr Duke for Mayor 13
News Feral Cat Problem Growing In NE Ohio | Ohio New... (Aug '11) 3 hr They cannot kill ... 75
News Employment hearing ends for data-changing Colum... (Oct '14) 3 hr dpx55 5
Poll Panty hose vs bare skin What is your preference? 5 hr My Vote 85
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages