Breitbarting DeeDee

Hugh Victor Thompson III

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#99 Apr 4, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
I've already told you Tippy, but you don't get it through your thick skull. I don't know why.
Here's the deal. This is a FREE country, where I, you, and anyone residing, visiting, or claiming citizenship within its geographical boundaries has the right to believe in or practice whatever religious principles they please. Or they can choose not to.
And there's not a damned thing you can do about that.
I've told you...I think the Beatitudes are an excellent source for guidance in living. I don't care where the words came from, or where you think they came from. If you were to look into that issue a little deeper than merely opening your Christian Bible, the results of your research might actually surprise you.
So you go ahead and sling your arrows, and tell me I'm going to hell. I don't care.
I smile every time I read about the pictures of Jesus, and crosses, and bibles being removed from public schools. I hear there was another victory down in Southern Ohio this week.
God bless the US Constitution, Tippy!!!
woof
But nary a peep from the hypocrite over this:

Some U.S. universities install foot baths for Muslim students
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/07/world/ameri...

http://www.wcvb.com/University-Installs-Foot-...
http://www.wcvb.com/University-Installs-Foot-...
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#101 Apr 4, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
I've already told you Tippy, but you don't get it through your thick skull. I don't know why.
Here's the deal. This is a FREE country, where I, you, and anyone residing, visiting, or claiming citizenship within its geographical boundaries has the right to believe in or practice whatever religious principles they please. Or they can choose not to.
And there's not a damned thing you can do about that.
I've told you...I think the Beatitudes are an excellent source for guidance in living. I don't care where the words came from, or where you think they came from. If you were to look into that issue a little deeper than merely opening your Christian Bible, the results of your research might actually surprise you.
So you go ahead and sling your arrows, and tell me I'm going to hell. I don't care.
I smile every time I read about the pictures of Jesus, and crosses, and bibles being removed from public schools. I hear there was another victory down in Southern Ohio this week.
God bless the US Constitution, Tippy!!!
woof
it is the USA, and governed by the Constitution.

Pop Culture does not amend the Constitution.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#102 Apr 4, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
...I think the Beatitudes are an excellent source for guidance in living. I don't care where the words came from, or where you think they came from. If you were to look into that issue a little deeper than merely opening your Christian Bible, the results of your research might actually surprise you....
The result of any search regarding the Beatitudes [aka Sermon on the Mount] lands one at the Book of Matthew, Chapter 5, wherein Jesus himself proclaims each and every one of them. No surprises there.

And the very same Jesus who proclaimed those Beatitudes also proclaimed in the Book of Mark, Chapter 9, Verses 42-48:

"Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him if a great millstone were hung around his neck and he were thrown into the sea. And if your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than with two hands to go to hell, the unquenchable fire. And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life lame than with two feet to be thrown into hell. And if your eye causes you to sin, tear it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into hell,'where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.'"
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#103 Apr 4, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
it is the USA, and governed by the Constitution.
Pop Culture does not amend the Constitution.
What?
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#104 Apr 4, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
The result of any search regarding the Beatitudes [aka Sermon on the Mount] lands one at the Book of Matthew, Chapter 5, wherein Jesus himself proclaims each and every one of them. No surprises there.
And the very same Jesus who proclaimed those Beatitudes also proclaimed in the Book of Mark, Chapter 9, Verses 42-48:
"Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him if a great millstone were hung around his neck and he were thrown into the sea. And if your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than with two hands to go to hell, the unquenchable fire. And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life lame than with two feet to be thrown into hell. And if your eye causes you to sin, tear it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into hell,'where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.'"
Spooky.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#105 Apr 4, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
A walk in the park after seeing the Haunted Hoochie.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#108 Apr 5, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
it is always over your head.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#109 Apr 5, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Find out where the money for thise came from Paco, who recommended that they be installed, and why.
woof
post a link that is not controlled by the DNC, or is that impossible.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#111 Apr 5, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Do your own research Bubba. Go directly to those universities. But before you do that, ask yourself...Do people pay tuition and student fees to attend colleges and universities by choice?
And is public education provided to all in grades K through 12?
How about after high school?
woof
your answers..........

some people pay to go to college, and work while in college to assist in payment of tuition, and utilize student loans to achieve a college degree.

others have college 100% paid for with handouts.

yes 100% of citizens are entitled to a public education. k-12. It has been this way for all of my 51 years.

every person I know who attended college, did so of free will.

your above post is another failure of yours to spin a new paint job on your race card. Your card is tattered and moldy.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#112 Apr 5, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
your answers..........
some people pay to go to college, and work while in college to assist in payment of tuition, and utilize student loans to achieve a college degree.
yes 100% of citizens are entitled to a public education. k-12. It has been this way for all of my 51 years.
your above post is another failure of yours to spin a new paint job on your race card. Your card is tattered and moldy.
You are so funny. I love it when you think you are arguing with someone but you are really making their point for them. You have no idea you are doing it. It is precious.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#114 Apr 5, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
your answers..........
More fantasy there, fella.

The notion of 100% college tuition payment with "handouts" is illusory at best. What is typically available, in terms of public tuition support, are Pell Grants, which might cover tuition cost for a Community College if budgeted carefully--depending on credit load and cost. Beyond that are subsidized loans, which are pretty widely available to all.

Reality is that we have seen a big shift from direct tuition payment for low-income students to loans for most students.

Now, that is public support. Most colleges and universities and have a plethora of private aid available from various funds. My understanding is that, particularly for private colleges, this is used to attract students who are among the best and brightest. And they are free to target such private support any way that they choose.

Location hidden

#115 Apr 5, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok Bubba, you're half of the way there. Now go to those universities websites, or call their Administrative offices or their Physcial Plants/Maintenance offices and inquire about how those foot baths came about, and where the money came from to pay for them.
woof
You aren't going to get RS to look up anything.

However, I have looked into this stuff that keeps resurfacing. In most cases the "foot baths," which are not ritual or holy spaces, but merely places where feet can be washed--and look pretty much like mop sinks--were installed in response to complaints from others that Muslims were using sinks to wash their feet.

Public universities have for generations had on-campus buildings known as "chapels" set aside for worship space--frequently billed as "non-denominational" (another way of saying "for any Christian worshipper").

The time to start worrying is when worship is banned from campuses, or required of all students. Accommodating the worship of the student body--so long as all are accommodated--is not an infringement on the right to worship, nor can it be viewed as the creation of a state religion.

BTW--do they still serve fish in the cafeterias on Fridays?

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#116 Apr 5, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Find out where the money for thise came from Paco, who recommended that they be installed, and why.
woof
That's all explained in the articles and the reasons are bogus.
Tell us about the painting of Jesus. And don't forget to mention that it was donated in 1947 by a private organization.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#118 Apr 5, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>

Go read the case law.
woof
Judicial activism

A picture is not a state church, the damn Warren Court might have said otherwise but in 1787 that's not what they meant.

Hugh Victor Thompson III

Hilliard, OH

#119 Apr 5, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
The reasons aren't "bogus". You just don't agree. I didn't bother to click your links...I read about this months ago. Its not a first Amendment issue.
On the other hand, regardless of what transpired in 1947, hanging a picture of Jesus in a public high school does violate the First Amendment, whether you think so, or not.
Go read the case law.
woof
Doesn't click the links, runs his mouth anyway...behold the leftist who doesn't want to see the truth.
Tax money paid for those Muzzie footbaths. No non-Muzzie will use them.
Jesus Christ is a historical figure. That cannot be denied.

Ivy League-ISIS

#120 Apr 5, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Doesn't click the links, runs his mouth anyway...behold the leftist who doesn't want to see the truth.
I wish Muhammad had not been historical!

A picture of Jesus: Lawsuit

A picture of Muhammad: Terrorist attack

Location hidden

#121 Apr 5, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Judicial activism
A picture is not a state church, the damn Warren Court might have said otherwise but in 1787 that's not what they meant.
Judicial activism being the term the right uses for decisions that they don't like?

Ivy League-ISIS

#125 Apr 5, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
It suggests that the Government is placing its stamp of approval upon one specific religion to the exclusion of all others.
Its not a difficult concept Karl.
woof
The 1st Amendment was constructed to prevent a federal "Church of England", the 14th extended that to the states.

Everything else is largely activism because the ACLU thinks that a picture will magically create a theocracy.

Location hidden

#127 Apr 5, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Doesn't click the links, runs his mouth anyway...behold the leftist who doesn't want to see the truth.
Jesus Christ is a historical figure, and also my personal savior.

However, Muhammed is also a historical figure. I do not accept the beliefs of Muslims with regard to earned salvation--which I would say is an essential difference beyond the role of Jesus. And I would also point out that a good many Christians struggle with the notion of earned vs gifted salvation.

With that said, I have no more problem with a public space providing accommodation to Muslim beliefs than I have in the far more numerous accommodations to those who follow my own faith tradition.

What would appear to be a sticking point for many is their preference (and for some this is grounded in their growing-up experiences prior to Supreme Court clarifications on the issue) for public schools to teach Christian beliefs through such means as the hanging of pictures and statements of the Ten Commandments, Beatitudes and Lord's Prayer, inclusion of prayers in rituals (such as lunch, graduation or assembly time) and the daily recitation of the Lord's Prayer or Twenty-third Psalm, etc.

No student ought ever be denied a personal right to prayer--however this is quite different from being taught how to pray. As schools and other public entities and workplaces demonstrate willingness to allow Muslims to pray according to their prescribed schedule, Christians--who have truly been granted a great deal of invisible privilege along the lines of respect for their religion--seem to be of a mind to respond with jealousy. In fact, no Christians have ever requested a time of private and personal prayer at set times according to the traversing of the sun--because it does not accord with their beliefs.

And while Christians may well sport ashes on their foreheads annually, none have ever observed foot-washing in conjunction with prayer. But, many do seem to get huffy that Muslims do so.

As a Christian, I suggest that it is time to get over our jealousies and support a system of government that allows and accommodates our beliefs by virtue of doing the same for all believers.

Location hidden

#129 Apr 5, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
The 1st Amendment was constructed to prevent a federal "Church of England", the 14th extended that to the states.
Everything else is largely activism because the ACLU thinks that a picture will magically create a theocracy.
Where would you draw the line, Karl?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tiberi Quits Congress 6 min They cannot kill ... 51
The Hill: FBI Finds Evidence of Russian Bribery... 37 min Pope Che Reagan C... 56
Dems in disarray- Well, yeah! 2 hr Male 1,347
What Amerika Elected was a Nit Wit 3 hr Pickle Rick 162
Chamber Of Commerce Wants To Amend Granville Ch... 4 hr fat tired old and... 5
You will thank me for this, especially from 1:1... 8 hr fat tired old and... 1
News Read the letter to Crew SC fans from owner Anth... 12 hr Big Johnson 26
News Scandal forces appraisal of gay issues | The Co... (Oct '10) Thu Free at last 336

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages