Breitbarting DeeDee

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#66 Apr 3, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
My cause? I don't have a cause beyond tormenting you Jesus Freaks.
Exactly, shallow one.
And you're a disgrace to it.

Location hidden

#69 Apr 3, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask Catman Dave how his inability to stop drinking makes him feel.
woof
Answer the question, counselor.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#70 Apr 3, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>You'll be on your knees in front of him someday...we all will.
Don't blow eternity.
I've read plenty about how you feel about the meekest among us, you have way more to worry about than I do.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#71 Apr 3, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, shallow one.
And you're a disgrace to it.
Any help you can offer is welcome.

Location hidden

#72 Apr 3, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I've read plenty about how you feel about the meekest among us, you have way more to worry about than I do.
Would you consider "ritards" to be among the meek?

Location hidden

#74 Apr 3, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
I just did. Figure it out.
Do things really have to be set up the way you think they should, just because you think that way?
woof
As you know, Hell, as referenced in the Bible, is the literal, eternal domain reserved for the souls of dead unbelievers.

It is not subjective.

Someone battling addiction or disease may speak of going through "hell," but that particular experience is subjectively defined and has a definite end.

Location hidden

#76 Apr 3, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Tippyhead...You've already changed the hypo.
Your proposition was, if there is no God, there can be no hell. I say you're wrong.
I say they're not necessarily mutually exclusive. I can't prove it. You can't prove otherwise.
And there we are.
woof
Hell is a literal place.

Its horrific description, as contained in the Bible, is exactly that to which individuals analogize their painful experiences in this life.

Such analogies do not replace the literal Hell.

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#78 Apr 4, 2013
Reader, if you're into witheringly sarcastic legal documents and letters have you seen http://www.popehat.com/

The do some really lovely (and blisteringly funny) legal commentary but also have some cases which the bloggers are actively engaged in, which they comment about when possible.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#79 Apr 4, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
But who's counting?
I guess you missed me.
missed you like missing flu symptoms.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#80 Apr 4, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not getting it Tippy. Try figuring it out without referring to a religious book penned by man.
woof
was you play book in life written by Scooby Doo?

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#81 Apr 4, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
Reader, if you're into witheringly sarcastic legal documents and letters have you seen http://www.popehat.com/
The do some really lovely (and blisteringly funny) legal commentary but also have some cases which the bloggers are actively engaged in, which they comment about when possible.
Thank you--I bookmarked it, always looking for interesting discussion. I see that they link to Volokh Conspiracy, a site I used to visit when I was following the Rifqa Bary trial.

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#82 Apr 4, 2013
Yeah, I'm pretty in love with the whole site.

They've got some of the most informed people I've ever seen in the comments section. It gives me hope for the internet.

Location hidden

#83 Apr 4, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not getting it Tippy. Try figuring it out without referring to a religious book penned by man.
woof
If there is no God, there is no Hell. Period.

A figurative hell to which you continuously refer is specifically analogized from that "religious book penned by man" which you obviously disdain.

But the fact remains that, without that Book and without its God, there is no Hell -- not even for analogy.

Location hidden

#85 Apr 4, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a very difficult time thinking outside the box. You should try harder.
There's no guarantee that book is factually accurate Tippy.
best o luck.
woof
The God of that Book created Hell.
Without Him, it does not exist.
Not even for analogy.

Location hidden

#87 Apr 4, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
You simply do not have the ability to think without the presence of that crutch, do you?
woof
The concept of Hell originates from the Bible.
You have no argument.

Location hidden

#90 Apr 4, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible originates from Man
You can't think.
woof
Perhaps you should do some thinking...

"I still can't help wondering how we can explain away what to me is the greatest miracle of all and which is recorded in history. No one denies there was such a man, that he lived and that he was put to death by crucifixion.

Where...is the miracle I spoke of? Well consider this and let your imagination translate the story into our own time -- possibly to your own home town. A young man whose father is a carpenter grows up working in his father's shop. One day he puts down his tools and walks out of his father's shop. He starts preaching on street corners and in the nearby countryside, walking from place to place, preaching all the while, even though he is not an ordained minister.

He never gets farther than an area perhaps 100 miles wide at the most. He does this for three years.

Then he is arrested, tried and convicted. There is no court of appeal, so he is executed at age 33 along with two common thieves. Those in charge of his execution roll dice to see who gets his clothing -- the only possessions he has. His family cannot afford a burial place for him so he is interred in a borrowed tomb.

End of story? No, this uneducated, property-less young man has, for 2,000 years, had a greater effect on the world than all the rulers, kings, emperors; all the conquerors, generals and admirals, all the scholars, scientists and philosophers who have ever lived -- all of them put together. How do we explain that -- unless He really was what He said He was?"

-- Ronald Reagan, March 1978, from a response letter to a Liberal Methodist preacher who expressed personal doubt regarding the divinity of Christ

Location hidden

#93 Apr 4, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
Tippy...
You do understand, don't you...the primary reason that you believe what you do, rather than for instance, believing that we all shall be reincarnated after death as some other beings, is the geographical location of your parents' residence when they copulated?
woof
You are a base fellow, and absolutely incorrect.
Faith is directly tied to the word "covenant" -- it is about people, not places.

In fact, traditional Christianity is currently experiencing historic growth across Africa and Asia...while the USA experiences decline.

Think on that.

Location hidden

#94 Apr 4, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
Tippyhead...How many different religions are there on this planet?
If you cannot imagine reasonable explanations, you really are not using the brain you were born with.
If you really think a quote from Ronald Reagan has a bit of sway with me, you're truly delusional.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =4tQzd2mE2_kXX
woof
No human can sway another toward faith.
Christians can speak the truth, but only the Holy Spirit can move the heart.

Revelation 20:11-15

Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. From his presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them. And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done. And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done. Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Location hidden

#96 Apr 4, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
Blah blah blah blah blah.
This is a free country Tippy. I don't need your Christianity.
Thanks.
woof
I'll remember that assertion the next time you invoke Christ's words in pursuit of your own ends.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#97 Apr 4, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll remember that assertion the next time you invoke Christ's words in pursuit of your own ends.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Horse, rider die after collision with car | The... (Nov '09) 5 min Big Johnson 221
Flynn Pleads Guilty 27 min 404 not found 623
Dems in disarray- Well, yeah! (Jun '17) 44 min 404 not found 1,548
What Has Happened To America? 1 hr Escondito 62
Kevin Scudder ever going to be executed? 2 hr fat tired old and... 2
Jade Renea 2 hr fat tired old and... 15
"Scooter" Jenkins has died 2 hr Reality Speaks 3

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages