Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

SPOILER ALERT If you are disinterested in the George Zimmerman murder trial, already firmly convinced of his innocence, or don’t want to talk about it until the jury has delivered its verdict, please go away, this isn’t the place for you.

On the other hand, if you are interested in watching the process of justice (such as it is) in action and having a chat about what is going on, come on in.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

There have been some interesting exchanges between attorneys, lately, via court filings.

Zimmerman’s attorney, Mark O’Mara, filed a request with the court asking the judge to get tough with the prosecution team (Bernie De LaRionda), claiming that they withheld from him exculpatory evidence, wasting his time, and asking for financial reimbursement for his lost efforts. This had to do with a request for hospital records for a Witness #8, who has been given the nickname “Deedee” by some—although her name has been sealed for her protection. She is reportedly the last person to talk with Trayvon Martin before his death. The hospital records aren’t germane to anything, except to establish what she was or was not doing when not attending Trayvon’s funeral.
The state has been eager to protect this witness—as well as others—and are well within their rights and responsibilities to do so.

What is interesting is that while her name has not been known, several other minor girls from Miami have been subjected to online harassment and “doxing”(digging up dirt via published documents), particularly by a group of regulars posting on a site dedicated to the memory of Andrew Breitbart known as The Conservative Treehouse. O’Mara has been known to encourage such amateur online sleuthing on behalf of his client.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

The prosecution has recently filed a masterful response, including such gems as the following:

Counsel for Defendant apparently feels that the State Attorney's Office should keep him
from publicly humiliating himself and his client. Rule 3.220 does not appear to contain such a
requirement. It was Defense Counsel, not the State, who apparently outsourced his legal
strategy to the internet resulting in the "doxing" of the wrong female witness (see attached
Exhibit A). Presumably, he is seeking compensation now for time he spent following bad legal
strategy and advice from anonymous internet trolls.

Moreover, Defense Counsel certainly understands that public statements by civilians,
the vast majority of which were made before the State Attorney's Office was even assigned to
this case, are hardly the responsibility of this office to censor. Byway of example: Defense
Counsel not only himself courts anything resembling a microphone or camera, but there are
likewise many statements made by minions of his client, such as this recent gem provided by
Defendant's own brother

Saturday morning, Robert sent an image to the NAACPand the NRA, among
others, with two images side by side. One is of De'Marquise Elkins, 17, one of
two teenagers accused of fatally shooting a 13-month-old baby. The other is of
Trayvon Martin, who was fatally shot on February 26, 2012, in Sanford, Florida.
Both are holding up their middle fingers. The words on Zimmerman's Photoshop
job read "a picture is worth a thousand words ... any questions?"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Strikes me that there are some very interesting questions arising--such as the degree to which witnesses to crimes can be protected from online and anonymous "doxing" attempts, particularly when the case has acquired a certain amount of notoreity.

Another has to do with the extent to which court proceedings ought to be transparent to the public. Florida provides the public with FAR more information than courts in Ohio. Problem or not?
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Argh!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Big Johnson wrote:
Argh!
Good to see you, too, BJ.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

now hey now wrote:
<quoted text>Just a simple counter weight of facts to balance the fictions 'reported' by the media. No, reader, you have no credibility on this topic. Why? Because you willfully refuse to address Crump's deposition and legal jeopardy over his inventions regarding 'DeeDee.' So, do us all a favor here and go pfuqq yourself, you filthy progressive commie sh^tball.

Couple problems there, fella. It's not about facts when the droogies have targetted the wrong girl(s). AND, if they had the right one, then it would be witness intimidation. And there are laws against that sort of thing.

But, the media, taken as a whole, has certainly been more than fair. Robert Zimmerman has been a regular guest on Piers Morgan. George got a softball interview from Hannity, and a shot at Barbara Walters--til he found out she wasn't going to pay him anything. And the Orlando Sentinel has been batting for the defense.

Regarding Crump, not much to address. The judge ruled that he was immune from being deposed in his role as opposing counsel in a related matter. He provided an affadavit covering all pertinent material. O'Mara has gone back to the judge once or twice to ask again for consideration of the ruling--but I don't see her being willing to move.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

15 days away and this is all you come back with?
Fail...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
Fail...
But who's counting?

I guess you missed me.

Since: Jan 13

Returning with a vengeance

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Fail...
A graybox with "Laramie WY" as their IP bumped an AWR thread of mine from weeks ago to the top, posting something garbled, and Reader said that it was scary or something.

Guess i'm not the most dangerous poster.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
A graybox with "Laramie WY" as their IP bumped an AWR thread of mine from weeks ago to the top, posting something garbled, and Reader said that it was scary or something.
Guess i'm not the most dangerous poster.
Well, don't give up.

You're still a competitor.

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
But who's counting?
I guess you missed me.
No, it's call "savoring the absence." Like being on vacation.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

now hey now wrote:
<quoted text>Hey commie sh^tball prove the witness intimidation because that's what you filthy progressive vermin does. And media fairness? ha! that first picture of a 7 year old treycoon took that rag off the bush. So once again, go pfhuq yourself you commie sh^tball.
Well, as I understand it, the Conservative Tree House has stopped running a daily discussion thread on the the Zimmerman case. I suspect that their legal staff hipped them to the reality that they were encouraging the wild speculation about who Deedee might actually be. And posters to the forum, when it was active, did actually identify two separate girls thought to be Witness #8.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

now hey now wrote:
<quoted text>Hey commie sh^tball prove the witness intimidation because that's what you filthy progressive vermin does. And media fairness? ha! that first picture of a 7 year old treycoon took that rag off the bush. So once again, go pfhuq yourself you commie sh^tball.
The following statement comes from the GZLegalcase website, operated by George Zimmerman's attorney, Mark O'Mara:

We have heard that some witnesses, or possible witnesses, and supporters on both sides of this case have been the victims of cyber attacks or doxing (the act of publishing personal documents about the individual on the Internet). With a case of such intense scrutiny, we are in uncharted waters regarding how the case is discussed publicly, and the online accessibility of individuals associated with the case. As the defense team, we have taken a well-documented proactive stance on how we manage our digital media presence. Our policy regarding digital media makes us particularly aware of the online conversation regarding our case, and we attempt to adjust our online presence as we see the need.

We first became aware of these concerns while we hosted the George Zimmerman Legal Case page on Facebook. Part of the reason we discontinued our presence on Facebook was because we were uncomfortable being in any way associated with people engaged in such practices and we refused to provide a platform where this practice could take place.

We understand that there may have been such actions directed at individuals who may be associated with Witness #8. In an October 19 hearing, the defense team requested a Subpoena Duces Tecum for the social media accounts of Witness #8; however, we intentionally did not disclose her name or any possible Twitter handle out of respect for her privacy.(We still have not been informed of her Twitter handles). If there is an individual who has been mistaken as Witness #8, and if this individual has been subjected to these practices, then we feel that those who knew Witness #8’s identity and therefore her Twitter handle, such as the State Attorneys Office or the handlers of the Martin family, have had many specific opportunities through social media or press conferences to publicly correct the misrepresentations and end the concerns -- an opportunity they have yet to take. We implore them to do so now, to minimize any further damage. If they know the Twitter handles are of a person unrelated to the case, why has this not been publicized?

Not only does O'Mara acknowledge that such "doxing" of persons believed to be Witness #8 have taken place, but he urges the disclosure of the social media identity of the actual Witness #8 be revealed so that his Conservative Tree House droogies can go after the right target.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>No, it's call "savoring the absence." Like being on vacation.
Don't worry Georgie. I was never very far away.

I saw you calling me out on several threads.

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry Georgie. I was never very far away.
I saw you calling me out on several threads.
And it took you two weeks, a Xanax script and a full re-read of "Rules for Radicals" for you to slither back.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>And it took you two weeks, a Xanax script and a full re-read of "Rules for Radicals" for you to slither back.
Still cannot debate topics on their merits, can you, eh, George?
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>And it took you two weeks, a Xanax script and a full re-read of "Rules for Radicals" for you to slither back.
Gokeefe is going to be very upset. All of this name calling really bothers her.

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Still cannot debate topics on their merits, can you, eh, George?
I'm still waiting for you to produce any posts of mine that promote violence against named official positions in this government.
Merits, indeed...

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Gokeefe is going to be very upset. All of this name calling really bothers her.
I don't recall being part of your whining to her about name calling.
You've earned every derisive comment, girly.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of237
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 7 min Old Guy 28,645
Music 12 min Pale Rider 5
Is Barak Obama responsible for the current bord... 2 hr UdintBuildThat 81
muslim brotherhood authorizes 'anal jihad' 3 hr d pantz 52
Columbus Police Grow Concerned As Murder Rate C... 5 hr They cannot kill a Spook 4
Will Obama Resign From Office? 6 hr Black Rhino 583
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 7 hr Neutral Party 2,738
•••
•••
•••
Columbus Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••