Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#204 Mar 20, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I do believe you're anti-Catholic. I never once denied or argued that there were no priests accused of, and found guilty of, sex abuse.
What I am explaining to you is that you have alleged something -- "hush up money documents" -- that don't seem to exist. You can't add your own facts to a story. You're a willful liar. And quite possibly Skimmer, Jr.
You ought to not make claims that are easily refuted.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/20358...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/11/26/us-...

http://www.bishop-accountability.org/news3/20...

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2002/06/09/...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/20226...

There are plenty more.

woof

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#205 Mar 20, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
Really? Do any of them match up with Che's claim?:

"I know about priests who raped children because I have read the hush money agreement signed by the Cleveland Bishop, I think it was Pilla, back in the early 80s I believe paying a family $25,000 for their promise not to tell anyone what happened to their son."

That is what we're discussing...her alleged "insider" info that she's supposedly seen with her own eyes. She must be the world's most trusted paralegal, huh?
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#206 Mar 20, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Really? Do any of them match up with Che's claim?:
"I know about priests who raped children because I have read the hush money agreement signed by the Cleveland Bishop, I think it was Pilla, back in the early 80s I believe paying a family $25,000 for their promise not to tell anyone what happened to their son."
That is what we're discussing...her alleged "insider" info that she's supposedly seen with her own eyes. She must be the world's most trusted paralegal, huh?
Catholics never lie, especially about money, or diddling kids, do they Paco? Ask Father Sam.

woof

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#207 Mar 20, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
I'll hand you this. I knew there were allegations, didn't realize or forgot there were in other dioceses, but knew of nothing out of the Ohio cases where there were proven payments of "hush up money." When Che proves that, I'll get off her ass for making the assertion.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#208 Mar 20, 2013
Paco...confidentiality agreements hinged to monetary settlements with victims' families were endemic for a long time in the Church, all over the world.

You can deny it all you wish. You're wrong.

woof

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#209 Mar 20, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>She must be the world's most trusted paralegal, huh?
Bwahahahahaha... office's gossip secretary?

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#210 Mar 20, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Bwahahahahaha... office's gossip secretary?
LOL! And she slept with one of the partners...now he can't get rid of her no matter the embarrassment she causes the firm.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#211 Mar 20, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
Paco...confidentiality agreements hinged to monetary settlements with victims' families were endemic for a long time in the Church, all over the world.
You can deny it all you wish. You're wrong.
woof
Wake up, douche. Nobody is denying that. What we are calling bullsh!t on is Che claiming to be an insider in such a deal or seeing such documents. Got it?

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#212 Mar 20, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics never lie, especially about money, or diddling kids, do they Paco? Ask Father Sam.
woof
Che is Catholic?
You really are lost as to our focus here.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#213 Mar 20, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll hand you this. I knew there were allegations, didn't realize or forgot there were in other dioceses, but knew of nothing out of the Ohio cases where there were proven payments of "hush up money." When Che proves that, I'll get off her ass for making the assertion.
I posted the link once, sweetheart, I'm not posting it again. I don't care whether you accept it or not.

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#214 Mar 20, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted the link once, sweetheart, I'm not posting it again. I don't care whether you accept it or not.
Sorry, I wouldn't have a clue where you posted it and not wasting my time googling topix for some gossip you allude to.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#215 Mar 20, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Wake up, douche. Nobody is denying that. What we are calling bullsh!t on is Che claiming to be an insider in such a deal or seeing such documents. Got it?
Pilla was questioned in 2005, but as far as I know, he wasn't convicted of a coverup.

I recall him as mostly being a leftist.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#216 Mar 20, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I wouldn't have a clue where you posted it and not wasting my time googling topix for some gossip you allude to.
On this thread, dingbat.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#217 Mar 20, 2013

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#218 Mar 20, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
http://www.bishop-accountabili ty.org/news3/1987_07_17_AP_Dio ceseDefends_Allen_Bruening_1.h tm
woof
That provides the proof, Che was right.

Wow that was nasty admitting.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#219 Mar 20, 2013
This thread got awfully quiet awfully quickly.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#220 Mar 20, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
This thread got awfully quiet awfully quickly.
Really?
Paralegal

Columbus, OH

#221 Mar 20, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Really? Do any of them match up with Che's claim?:
"I know about priests who raped children because I have read the hush money agreement signed by the Cleveland Bishop, I think it was Pilla, back in the early 80s I believe paying a family $25,000 for their promise not to tell anyone what happened to their son."
That is what we're discussing...her alleged "insider" info that she's supposedly seen with her own eyes. She must be the world's most trusted paralegal, huh?
From: BishopAccountability.org re Cleveland Diocese

Doesn’t the fact that there were more abusers than previously thought imply that the Church was successful in covering up many of these cases?

Clearly it demonstrates that during the past 50 years abuse was dealt with in many ways that were ineffective in both Church and society until relatively recently. The situation today is that

* laws protecting children are stronger;

* public authorities investigate these accusations more effectively;

* parents are more alert to the importance of reporting abuse other local authorities.

* Above all, people now come forward and report being abused instead of suffering in silence as so many did in the past.

We have learned much about the insidious nature of abuse and it reinforces the need for the comprehensive, transparent reporting and prevention policies made mandatory by the bishops in the Dallas Charter and Norms.

But didn’t the Church keep a lot of these cases quiet by paying hush money to families?

Like many other organizations and individuals, dioceses reached settlements with victims. As often happens when intimate matters are involved or matters about which the parties cannot agree on liability, the settlements were accompanied by non-disclosure agreements covering all parties. Even though this is common in civil litigation, it has been criticized as a “cover-up” when the Church asks for such agreements. It had the unintended effect, under certain circumstances, of enabling abuser to abuse again. This practice is now forbidden by the “Charter”“except for grave and substantial reasons brought forward by the victim/survivor and noted in the text of the agreement”(Article 3).
http://www.bishop-accountability.org/usccb/na...

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#222 Mar 20, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
That provides the proof, Che was right.
Wow that was nasty admitting.
Does not prove that he/she was privy to the documents or had any inside role or knowledge, which was the claim. All Che does all day and night is post on here and look things up. Anyone can 'google' anything.
Don't be too hard on yourself.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#223 Mar 20, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Really?
Here, secretaries in law office make a much better salary then paralegals. Of course, they have much more responsibility.

So, we are to believe that in a former life, Che actually had a life, and was in some way privy to this highly delicate and private contract? No, not buying it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Affordable Care Act 5 min Pope Che Reagan C... 175
Worst President in History 8 min Ecossais 157
HAVE A HAPPY Memorial Day! 32 min Linda 4
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 33 min LACK OF 2,570
Brelo not guilty 35 min Linda 54
Al Sharpton coming to Cleveland...... 39 min Linda 24
LeBron James urges Cleveland Blacks not to riot 45 min Linda 5
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]