Rape & Naked Congressmen

Rape & Naked Congressmen

Posted in the Columbus Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#1 Aug 20, 2012
Well. The one guy who took his clothes off in front his colleague's wife and daughter...he had a little wine for dinner, but he wasn't drunk......

...and then the guy who was talking about "legitimate rape" and how that don't typically lead to pregnancy because the body has natural defenses to rape sperm....and the guy is on the Science Committee....

Well. Uh. Wouldn't these guys just be better off to claim they cold stone drunk? Because if they weren', they's some pretty dog turd stupid morons.

The drunk thing probably would be the better way to go.

Just sayin'.

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Columbus, OH

#3 Aug 20, 2012
Can't believe that a thread about this wasn't started sooner, may be one, still catching up.

The absolute most stupid words that have ever been spoken.

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Columbus, OH

#5 Aug 20, 2012
Fred Gee Sanford wrote:
<quoted text>Akin is out...thankfully:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/bensmith/republican-s...
Time for Steelman to step up. She should have been the nominee in the first place.
If he doesn't anyone that votes for him is loco. I am tolerant of differing views, but...

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#6 Aug 20, 2012
He's twisting in the wind. But, he still doesn't seem to get it.

His defense was "rape is never legitimate." Not only does he not bother to address his stupid belief that real rape victims don't get pregnant, or his stupider statement that there should be some "punishment" but it should be for the rapist and not any potential child that results--but he still doesn't get what is wrong with the legitimate rape statement.

Women understand what that means. The issue is not that rape is never legitimate, but that the insinuation that a charge of rape is sometimes illegitimate is odious. Particularly when coupled with the idea that in one case "the female body" acts to shut those things down.

Even if the Repubs can make Akin go away in time (before 5 PM tomorrow apparently to get him off the ballot), he has still co-sponsored a number of abortion-related bills with Paul Ryan, who up until today has opposed any rape exceptions to his anti-abortion stance.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#8 Aug 20, 2012
Fred Gee Sanford wrote:
<quoted text>Akin is out...thankfully:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/bensmith/republican-s...
Time for Steelman to step up. She should have been the nominee in the first place.
I was just listening to Sean Hannity, really trying to goose Aikin out the door on the air...telling him that conservative friends were texting him to tell Aikin to get out.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#9 Aug 20, 2012
Fred Gee Sanford wrote:
Akin was a poor choice to begin with. The GOP should have known this was going to happen. He needs to go for his idiocy.
The FBI investigation into the Sea of Galilee swim was a ridiculous waste of taxpayer money and has popped up as a dilly attempt at distracting voters.
But, but, but he put his bare goy wanker in the water Jesus walked on...

...in front of a colleague's daughter. Cantor was upset. Very upset.

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Columbus, OH

#10 Aug 20, 2012
Fred Gee Sanford wrote:
<quoted text>Agreed.
Now, if Joe Biden had said the same words, he'd be just fine and we'd be called "haters" and accused of "taking it out of context."
I don't think so. There isn't a spin doctor out there that could help those spoken words, even from Biden. We both know that they have the best ones in the business with what he utters.

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Columbus, OH

#12 Aug 20, 2012
Fred Gee Sanford wrote:
<quoted text>I have to disagree. When it comes to Democrat sexual remarks and escapades, the media defends and the feminists zip their mouths shut. Bill Clinton proved that. So did John Edwards until it was revealed that his wife was terminal.
Your last sentence personifies exactly my point. There is a line that was crossed waaaaay too far.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#13 Aug 20, 2012
I simply did not know that women have a SDI system response to rape sperm.

I did not know that.

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#15 Aug 20, 2012
GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think so. There isn't a spin doctor out there that could help those spoken words, even from Biden. We both know that they have the best ones in the business with what he utters.
All politicians should read verbatim from the teleprompter. Less foot in mouth disease that way.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#17 Aug 20, 2012
Man. I am way behind on my poonanny politics. I learned two things watching the TV machine tonight.

Cynthia Tucker said that the magic rape sperm defensive system talk has been out there in the far right GOP circuit since the early 2000s. So, in the coming week, if journalists dig up proof of that...that this is not just a one-time freak incident....Well, we're in fer quite a show.

Then. I just did not know about this nonsense that Ryan et al wrote law with the term "forcible rape".

Well. Like Forrest Gump, I'm not a smaught man, but

WTF is the difference between rape and forcible rape?

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#18 Aug 20, 2012
Pr Jonah wrote:
Man. I am way behind on my poonanny politics. I learned two things watching the TV machine tonight.
Cynthia Tucker said that the magic rape sperm defensive system talk has been out there in the far right GOP circuit since the early 2000s. So, in the coming week, if journalists dig up proof of that...that this is not just a one-time freak incident....Well, we're in fer quite a show.
Then. I just did not know about this nonsense that Ryan et al wrote law with the term "forcible rape".
Well. Like Forrest Gump, I'm not a smaught man, but
WTF is the difference between rape and forcible rape?
Rachel Maddow is doing a nice retrospective on the topic tonight.

Rape and forcible rape? I think it's a throw-back to the old "she wanted it" defense.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#19 Aug 20, 2012
GlitterSucks wrote:
Can't believe that a thread about this wasn't started sooner, may be one, still catching up.
The absolute most stupid words that have ever been spoken.
Obama said some even more stupid ones in response to it, but I'm holding off mentioning them for awhile betting it'll never be reported (Oh, what he said was reported alright, but he hasn't been called out on it).

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#20 Aug 20, 2012
FKA Reader wrote:
Women understand what that means. The issue is not that rape is never legitimate, but that the insinuation that a charge of rape is sometimes illegitimate is odious.
What?!?!?!? Are you claiming that no man has ever been falsely (illegitimately) charged with rape?

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#21 Aug 20, 2012
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
What?!?!?!? Are you claiming that no man has ever been falsely (illegitimately) charged with rape?
Look at the whole picture. This women-who-are-really-raped-can 't-get-pregnant myth tells over 30,000 women a year who are raped and get pregnant as a result that they weren't really raped.

It also justifies outlawing abortion (or in the case of actual legislation proposed by Ryan-Akin) or outlawing payment for abortion based on this distinction between forcible rape (which doesn't result in pregnancy) and non-forcible rape--meaning she must have really wanted it (and if she gets pregnant that just proves it).

Sorry Charlie. Just like contraception, there's still too many of us still walking around who remember how things used to be.
Conservative

Greenville, OH

#22 Aug 20, 2012
Akins statement was over board and reckless. Rape is a serious crime but rape like racism seems to be used in to many cases. The word rape has been watered down which is a sad commentary for what is a violent crime.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#23 Aug 20, 2012
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at the whole picture. This women-who-are-really-raped-can 't-get-pregnant myth tells over 30,000 women a year who are raped and get pregnant as a result that they weren't really raped.
To tell you the truth, I was floored. Until he said it, I had never heard that particular (I don't even know what to call it... myth... wives tale...?), nor the other one (that women can some how turn off their eggs (why would birth control ever be necessary?)). It doesn't even make sense. I would agree with those who want him to step down. He's clearly too stupid to hold public office.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#24 Aug 21, 2012
Conservative wrote:
Akins statement was over board and reckless. Rape is a serious crime but rape like racism seems to be used in to many cases. The word rape has been watered down which is a sad commentary for what is a violent crime.
I agree, it has become nebulous and whimsical. Basically if she doesn't orgasm or get the attention she wants afterward then it was rape.

And now there is homosexual rape. Too funny!

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#25 Aug 21, 2012
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
To tell you the truth, I was floored. Until he said it, I had never heard that particular (I don't even know what to call it... myth... wives tale...?), nor the other one (that women can some how turn off their eggs (why would birth control ever be necessary?)). It doesn't even make sense. I would agree with those who want him to step down. He's clearly too stupid to hold public office.
I had never heard it before either (about not being able to get pregnant under stress). But last night there were several commentators who provided other iterations by other politicians. One of the sleaziest was that "to get pregnant takes a little cooperation."

I haven't heard yet that Akins plans to step down, although every Republican in the party is racing to the mike to say how appalling the statement was. One can only imagine that Akins is today recalling each and every one with whom he has had a conversation on abortion and rape--likely including this excuse. Until yesterday Paul Ryan opposed abortion in all instances--including rape--and worked with Akins to redefine "forcible" vs other kinds of rape, legislatively.

Who knows about Mittens? Typically, he has covered the entire spectrum on the issue. Yesterday he he supported a woman's right to choose an abortion in instances of rape.

I fear that for many in his party, Akin's crime is not what he believed, but what he said into a microphone.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#26 Aug 21, 2012
This thing has the feel of peeling back the cover on some subterranean subculture that just hasn't been widely known. I was hearing from one pundit last night that this language about forcible rape and not getting pregnant from "legitimate rape" has been in the Right To Life circles for quite some time.

The question now appears to be: Will Romney get tattooed by Ryan or the reverse? I think the former is more likely.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Please help me find the love of my life 7 min 404 not found 20
Should the GOP cut its loses? 17 min Seriouslady 912
This Forum Does No Such Thing! 1 hr Mimzy 22
Trump the Liar 1 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 934
News Former manager of Italian-ice shop pleads guilt... 1 hr 404 not found 7
Is Drumpf Campaign Chief A Voter Fraud Felon? 3 hr They cannot kill ... 8
Trump spent campaign monies on own book 4 hr Linda 5

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages