Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>We know you hate whites.
Yawn.
Everybody hates whites. If you are white you are automatically a racist intent on oppressing blacks, hispanics. Asians, Muslims and every other race known to God.

I am so tired of it.

Since: Sep 10

wheelersburg

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

might be because of the no balls syndrum, we will remember on election day

“Old Right”

Since: Jan 13

State-Run Media

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Everybody hates whites. If you are white you are automatically a racist intent on oppressing blacks, hispanics. Asians, Muslims and every other race known to God.
I am so tired of it.
People think that we will fold quietly into the night...

That perception, should be changed...
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Almost anything can become a weapon in the hands of one with murderous intent.
Even your prayer rug.
Or Paco's rosary.

woof

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Or Paco's rosary.
woof
Holy Water would probably reduce you to ash...

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Or Paco's rosary.
woof
Or your gilt-bound collector's edition of "Breaking the Spell."
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Holy Water would probably reduce you to ash...
Because you disagree with me?

You like movies?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

woof

“Old Right”

State-Run Media

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Or your gilt-bound collector's edition of "Breaking the Spell."
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-c2yhuuCrrhA/T_bQj_j...
WiseAmerican

South Charleston, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
You are black, right?
Your party leaders are going to flood the country with even more Third Worlders.
You might think that when the progressives get permanent majority that they can produce prosperity, but the economic facts don't bear that out.
Republicans had eight years under Reagan and eight under Bush, that's 16years! Bush I had four years, and nothing was done to shut the illegal third world people out! 20 years of Republican BS talking points.

The illegal Mexicans threaten construction jobs, roofing, and fast food as well as food production. They'll put more whites out of jobs in some of those trades.

The east Asians from Pakistan, India, and China well put the rest of you on the Gubment dole. Blacks are already screwed. It's you people's children who will be in shock when the reality hits them. Blacks already know they got a shit deal!

“Old Right”

State-Run Media

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

WiseAmerican wrote:
<quoted text> Blacks already know they got a shit deal!
Yet they still vote for the Ds...

Yes I know the GOP-e has no interest in shutting the invasion down, but the agenda of the left is to speed it up.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
I am so tired of it.
Why is it that the Right insists on talking in such grand absolutes? It makes meaningful dialogue impossible. If one person does one thing that is racist and is called for it, your response is "You think EVERY white person is racist and that EVERYTHING they do is motivated by it." Why do you do that?

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

<quoted text>In an allegedly "free" nation of 315 million, it's a low number. By the definition the FBI uses, I count three: Aurora theater, The Sikh temple and Newtown.
So--maybe all you gun-owners need to stop lobbying for the right to carry into crowded theaters and the like.

I mean, if it's so insignificant and all.

BTW--Mother Jones used the FBI definition and came up with 7 for 2012--http://www.motherjones.c om/politics/2012/07/mass-shoot ings-map?page=2. Contrast with 3 in 2011 and 1 in 2010.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Do you believe he said wrote:
<quoted text>
* For all violent crimes considered together, Blacks are almost 5.5 times more likely to commit violent criminal acts than Whites; all this according to the FBI Uniform Crime Report.
BTW--you really should cite a source for your cut and paste. It is derived from FBI stats, but it would interesting to know who did all the number crunching--and concluding.

Here are some more interesting numbers about a fairly well-recognized phenomenon known-as the school-to-prison pipeline, which attempts to get at how it is that blacks appear more often, proportionally, than whites in crime stats.

The following comes from the ACLU:

The school-to-prison pipeline is one of the most important civil rights challenges facing our nation today.

• The school-to-prison pipeline refers to the national trend of criminalizing, rather than educating, our nation’s children.

• The pipeline encompasses the growing use of zero-tolerance discipline, school-based arrests, disciplinary alternative schools, and secured detention to marginalize our most at-risk youth and deny them access to education.

Zero-tolerance disciplinary policies are often the first step in a child’s journey through the pipeline.

• Zero-tolerance policies impose severe discipline on students without regard to individual circumstances. Under these policies, children have been expelled for giving Midol to a classmate, bringing household goods (including a kitchen knife) to school to donate to Goodwill, and bring¬ing scissors to class for an art project.

• Even the American Bar Association has condemned zero-tolerance policies as inherently unjust:“zero tolerance has become a one-size-fits-all solution to all the problems that schools confront. It has redefined students as criminals, with unfortunate consequences…Unfortunately, most current [zero-tolerance] policies eliminate the common sense that comes with discretion and, at great cost to society and to children and families, do little to improve school safety.”(1)

• There is no evidence that zero-tolerance policies make schools safer or improve stu¬dent behavior. On the contrary, research suggests that the overuse of suspensions and expulsions may actually increase the likelihood of later criminal misconduct.(2)

Schools today rely on law enforcement, rather than teachers and administrators, to handle minor school misconduct.

• Growing numbers of school districts employ full-time police officers, or “school resource officers,” to patrol middle and high school hallways. With little or no training in working with youth, these offi¬cers approach youth as they would adult “perps” on the street, rather than children at school.

• Children are far more likely to be arrested at school than they were a generation ago. The vast majority of these arrests are for non-violent offenses such as “disruptive conduct” or “disturbance of the peace.”(3)

• Children as young as five years old are being led out of classrooms in handcuffs for acting out or throwing temper tantrums. Students have been arrested for throwing an eraser at a teacher, breaking a pencil, and having rap lyrics in a locker. These children do not belong in jail.

• The explosion of school-based arrests cannot be attributed to an increase in youth violence. Between 1992 and 2002, school violence actually dropped by about half. Despite the fear generated by a handful of highly publicized school shootings, schools remain the safest places for young people.(4)

• Resources that could be put towards improving under-resourced schools are instead used for security. School districts spend millions of dollars for police officers and security personnel,(5) despite the fact that these very schools are the ones lacking basic educational resources like textbooks and libraries.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

And some more re: School to Prison:

Students of color are disproportionately represented at every stage of the school-to-prison pipeline.

• African-American students are far more likely than their white peers to be suspended, expelled, or arrested for the same kind of conduct at school.(7)

• In 2003, African-American youth made up 16% of the nation’s overall juvenile population, but accounted for 45% of juvenile arrests.(8)

• There is no evidence that students of color misbehave to a greater degree than white students. They are, however, punished more severely, often for behaviors that are less serious.(9)

• Students with special needs are disproportionately represented in the school-to-prison pipeline, despite the heightened protections afforded to them under law.

• Children who have unmet special learning or emotional needs are particularly likely to be pushed out of mainstream schools and into the juvenile justice system.

• While approximately 8.6% of public school children have been identified as having disabilities that impact their ability to learn,(10) a recent survey of correctional facilities found that students with disabilities are represented in jail at a rate nearly four times that.(11)

• Minority students with disabilities are particularly vulnerable, since many schools regard jail as the default special education placement for poor and minority children. African-American students with disabilities are three times more likely to receive short-term suspensions than their white counterparts, and are more than four times as likely to end up in correctional facilities.(12)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

<quoted text>There's a definition for "piles of anecdotes." The word is statistics.
NO.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

<quoted text>No, it's subtle chiding, little lady.
Subtle?
WiseAmerican

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
I am so tired of it.
Who said whites are automatically races? Furthermore, speaking about the entire caucasian as a race of people, history would prove that 'whites' have shed more blood and violently overthrown more non-whites than any race in the history of man. Just because most whites hate to be reminded of that, doesn't mean non-whites can't talk about the historical context of it.
If you truly believe in the 1st amendment, like you all proclaim, then let people vent the way they see things through their experiences, and not try to understand everything through yours!
The question is, do the majority of the whites globally really believe that ALL men are created equal? Or did that line in the constitution ,in the period of time in was written, stand as truth for ALL God's children?
WiseAmerican

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet they still vote for the Ds...
Yes I know the GOP-e has no interest in shutting the invasion down, but the agenda of the left is to speed it up.
There was a saying in the past that says: I'd rather deal with the devil that I know than trust one I don't!
WiseAmerican

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

<quoted text>Holy Water would probably reduce you to ash...
I doubt that anyone who worships things made of wood or brass has the power to make anything 'Holy' let alone a vile of piss water!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

WiseAmerican wrote:
<quoted text>I don't support Obama's views on guns! My point is that I hear and read conservatives act as if this president is the only one in history that has his views! And history proves that's not the case, but still Republicans falsely pushes that narrative. They have zero credibility. And it's the same with regards to taxation. The millionaires with the microphone are misleading a large portion of the working class Republicans.
And yes, race and money drives 95% of what happens in this country. One would be death, dumb, and blind not to know that.
Interesting what is going on with the Repubs these days.

They tried a pull to the far right, where, despite some enthusiasm, they couldn't make the numbers. And in the process they managed to lose some voters that have previously been considered natural allies (at least a portion of the Hispanic vote, among others). And they ceded the middle.

They still have a lot of folks who have been trained in the sky is falling school and the right wing of the Repubs are the only ones who can prop it up. Paul Ryan, for instance seems bent on refighting the last election. Some of their elders--John McCain, as of yesterday--are realizing that there's no victory in being right if you cannot win an election. And maybe some of those absolutist stands were really only about winning votes in the first place--sealing the border, maybe some of the most outrageous of the abortion rhetoric (the party of the stupid).

Off the top of my head, I would suggest that if they continue to march right, a new party will emerge to retake the middle.

But right now, all those "extreme left" views and issues that they have been preaching about--well polling shows that they are pretty much in the mainstream these days.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 161 - 180 of320
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

57 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Is Nevada rancher a freeloader? 10 min tranpsosition 97
The George Zimmerman Case! (Apr '13) 39 min Pope Che Reagan Christ I 7,659
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 53 min would 1,922
Homicide Detectives Called To Scene Where Woman... 1 hr soo? 2
Many Voters Say Obama Lies 1 hr Zoe Regen 10
State University Wants to be "Less White" 2 hr Duke for Mayor 38
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 3 hr SFF 2,157
•••
•••