“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#223 Jan 29, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll ask it this way:
Would a regulation requiring registration of handguns by private owners serve to effectively and unconstitutionally "disarm" otherwise law abiding citizens as a class?
Would a regulation banning possession of handguns by private owners serve to effectively and unconstitutionally "disarm" otherwise law abiding citizens as a class?
Would a regulation requiring a one million dollar liability policy concurrent with registration and possession/ownership of a handgun by private owners serve to effectively and unconstitutionally "disarm" otherwise law abiding citizens as a class?
Would a regulation prohibiting private ownership or possession of a specifically defined class of firearms other than handguns serve to effectively and unconstitutionally "disarm" otherwise law abiding citizens as a class?
woof
"shall not be infringed" is clear in its meaning.
Any regulation upon law-abiding citizens is an infringement.

in·fringe·ment

1: the act of infringing : violation
2: an encroachment or trespass on a right or privilege

en-croach

1: to enter by gradual steps or by stealth into the possessions or rights of another

Location hidden

#224 Jan 29, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Such an allegation conveniently ignores the simple fact that Constitutional Law is an extremely complex, and multi-faceted field.
woof
"shall not be infringed" is not "extremely complex" or "multi-faceted"...un til judges pretend that it is so.
Duke for Mayor

United States

#225 Jan 29, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
"shall not be infringed" is not "extremely complex" or "multi-faceted"...un til judges pretend that it is so.
Well, then for you it should be a simple question to answer. Which one of these infringes upon someone's rights?

Would a regulation requiring registration of handguns by private owners serve to effectively and unconstitutionally "disarm" otherwise law abiding citizens as a class?

Would a regulation banning possession of handguns by private owners serve to effectively and unconstitutionally "disarm" otherwise law abiding citizens as a class?

Would a regulation requiring a one million dollar liability policy concurrent with registration and possession/ownership of a handgun by private owners serve to effectively and unconstitutionally "disarm" otherwise law abiding citizens as a class?

Would a regulation prohibiting private ownership or possession of a specifically defined class of firearms other than handguns serve to effectively and unconstitutionally "disarm" otherwise law abiding citizens as a class?

woof
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#226 Jan 29, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Che,'meaningful dialogue' with you is a misnomer. to begin with.
I'd say I will no longer be responding to you, but then you'll say something so stupid or hurtful, that I'll break that vow.
Do you understand 'sarcasm?'
Yes. I understand sarcasm. What part of your post,
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Everybody hates whites. If you are white you are automatically a racist intent on oppressing blacks, hispanics. Asians, Muslims and every other race known to God.
I am so tired of it.
was sarcasm?
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#227 Jan 29, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
And since it has be declared illegal...it is no longer available to the public, correct?
It's a lot harder to get.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#228 Jan 29, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Because your liberal president has killed so many jobs. That is the only thing slowing the flow over the Mexican/US border.
Another statement wholly unsupported by fact. That is why you guys are marginalizing yourselves. People are beginning to realize much of what you say is simply wrong.

Location hidden

#229 Jan 29, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, then for you it should be a simple question to answer. Which one of these infringes upon someone's rights?
woof
There can be no dispute. If the word "infringed" is to have any meaning, then all of the above are, in fact, infringements upon law-abiding citizens...regardless of existing judicial opinion.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#230 Jan 29, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
"shall not be infringed" is clear in its meaning.
Any regulation upon law-abiding citizens is an infringement.
in·fringe·ment
1: the act of infringing : violation
2: an encroachment or trespass on a right or privilege
en-croach
1: to enter by gradual steps or by stealth into the possessions or rights of another
Do you disagree with Ohio's law that makes it illegal to possess a sawed off shotgun?

Location hidden

#231 Jan 29, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a lot harder to get.
<snicker>

Location hidden

#232 Jan 29, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you disagree with Ohio's law that makes it illegal to possess a sawed off shotgun?
Indeed, I question its authority.
Duke for Mayor

United States

#233 Jan 29, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
There can be no dispute. If the word "infringed" is to have any meaning, then all of the above are, in fact, infringements upon law-abiding citizens...regardless of existing judicial opinion.
Well, you better go read Heller.

woof
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#234 Jan 29, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
<snicker>
Meth is a lot harder to get than if you could buy it at the gas station. Why do you insist on denying the obvious?
Duke for Mayor

United States

#235 Jan 29, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
So, essentially, you are an anarchist.

woof
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#236 Jan 29, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
So to you, there can be absolutely no gun laws at all. Fair enough.
Duke for Mayor

United States

#237 Jan 29, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
That's like saying the operation of a motor vehicle is "simple", because all one has to do is insert the key, and turn it.

You understand that don't you?

Oh...of course you don't.

woof

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#238 Jan 29, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you insist on the right to arms, citing Constitutionality. But you reject the Constitionally defined role of the court.

Dizzy?

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#239 Jan 29, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you insist on the right to arms, citing Constitutionality. But you reject the Constitionally defined role of the court.
Dizzy?
The court made up judicial review, there is nothing in the Constitution that says the courts can do this, the courts powers were not defined.
VADoc

Warrenville, SC

#240 Jan 29, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Point me towards the numerous documented incidents of prisoners cooking up meth in prison.
I'll wait.
woof
Nice spin but you said that prisoners who did drugs cannot get drugs in prison. I know several prison guards in Ross county and they find drugs on inmates all the time.
VADoc

Warrenville, SC

#241 Jan 29, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Such an allegation conveniently ignores the simple fact that Constitutional Law is an extremely complex, and multi-faceted field.
woof
So is healthcare but it never stops you or know it alls like reader from giving your two cents.
Duke for Mayor

United States

#242 Jan 29, 2013
VADoc wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice spin but you said that prisoners who did drugs cannot get drugs in prison. I know several prison guards in Ross county and they find drugs on inmates all the time.
You better go back and read what I wrote. I said nothing of the sort.

woof

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No Life, But Topix. 5 min Mimzy 10
News Hillary Clinton tops Donald Trump in battlegrou... 20 min Lawrence Wolf 229
Trump the Liar 21 min Reality Speaks 912
Should the GOP cut its loses? 56 min Reality Speaks 842
Big Johnson 1 hr log off already 12
News Man dies after being hit by car on Cleveland Av... 2 hr Reality Speaks 4
Trump's accusations are unfounded and reflects ... 2 hr Reality Speaks 35
I wish our cat would die. 6 hr They cannot kill ... 52

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages