WiseAmerican

Columbus, OH

#182 Jan 29, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it that the Right insists on talking in such grand absolutes? It makes meaningful dialogue impossible. If one person does one thing that is racist and is called for it, your response is "You think EVERY white person is racist and that EVERYTHING they do is motivated by it." Why do you do that?
It's her 'white guilt' perhaps :-)

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#183 Jan 29, 2013
adif understanding wrote:
<quoted text>But they know and ignore the fact that Israel made weapons and ammunition in the basement of a laundry mat before they were a legitimate state recognized by the UN. They used the noise of the laundry machines to cover the sound of the machines they made to produce weapons and ammunition. That's where the UZI came from and some of the best guns in the world are now produced by Israeli arms manufacturers.
Anyone with a basic understanding of the internal combustion engine has the basic understanding of how to produce firearms.
Yeah, apparently meth is pretty easy to cook up.

But its still illegal.

Location hidden

#184 Jan 29, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
People think that we will fold quietly into the night...
That perception, should be changed...
Naw, I expect you to continue to be as noisy as ya wanna be in your comfy chair behind the computer screen.
WiseAmerican

Columbus, OH

#185 Jan 29, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
And some more re: School to Prison:
Students of color are disproportionately represented at every stage of the school-to-prison pipeline.
• African-American students are far more likely than their white peers to be suspended, expelled, or arrested for the same kind of conduct at school.(7)
• In 2003, African-American youth made up 16% of the nation’s overall juvenile population, but accounted for 45% of juvenile arrests.(8)
• There is no evidence that students of color misbehave to a greater degree than white students. They are, however, punished more severely, often for behaviors that are less serious.(9)
• Students with special needs are disproportionately represented in the school-to-prison pipeline, despite the heightened protections afforded to them under law.
• Children who have unmet special learning or emotional needs are particularly likely to be pushed out of mainstream schools and into the juvenile justice system.
• While approximately 8.6% of public school children have been identified as having disabilities that impact their ability to learn,(10) a recent survey of correctional facilities found that students with disabilities are represented in jail at a rate nearly four times that.(11)
• Minority students with disabilities are particularly vulnerable, since many schools regard jail as the default special education placement for poor and minority children. African-American students with disabilities are three times more likely to receive short-term suspensions than their white counterparts, and are more than four times as likely to end up in correctional facilities.(12)
For months now I've been saying that INSTITUTIONAL RACISM has replaced the Jim Crow system of the south, but these people don't understand that because 'their children' are not treated in that manner. A white student in a suburban district will not be held in police handcuffs for tossing an rubber eraser at another student, which was called 'horse playing', when we went to school. The blacks urban kids are purposely being labeled 'criminal' for the prison industrial complex system. Now, we have juvenile court judges, who were getting 'kickbacks' from private prison interest, to send teens to jail for very minor offences.

Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist William Ecenbarger tells a story that seems to be pulled right from Charles Dickens: a judge sends young people to a detention center, in exchange for kickbacks from the facility’s owner.

The judge was Mark Ciavarella and he presided over a courtroom in Luzerne County, Pa. He sent thousands of kids to detention centers for minor offenses – things that used to result in a three-day suspension from class.

William Ecenbarger is author of “Kids for Cash.”(Susan Ecenbarger)

Luzerne County’s president judge, Michael Conahan, was also implicated in the “Kids for Cash” scandal, for using his budgetary discretion to stop funding the county’s public youth detention facility. He also agreed to generate costs that could be billed to taxpayers in exchange for kickbacks.

Prosecutors say the two judges secretly received more than $2.6 million in kickbacks. In 2011, Ciavarella was sentenced to 28 years in federal prison and Conahan was sentenced to 17.5 years.

Why do poorer blacks hate cops and the 'system', why do you think they do?

Location hidden

#186 Jan 29, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Just in from VA Beach: Golden Corral will no longer be offering their employees any type of a health insurance program because of the elevated costs imposed by Obamacare.
My stepdaughter has worked there for about 3 years while she's in school. She was just told tonight and called us at 10 PM to tell us, and talk to me about it.
Has she been covered by their health ins program for three years?

Has she been paying, or the company?

What changes in coverage would be required under Obamacare?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#187 Jan 29, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it that the Right insists on talking in such grand absolutes? It makes meaningful dialogue impossible. If one person does one thing that is racist and is called for it, your response is "You think EVERY white person is racist and that EVERYTHING they do is motivated by it." Why do you do that?
Che,'meaningful dialogue' with you is a misnomer. to begin with.

I'd say I will no longer be responding to you, but then you'll say something so stupid or hurtful, that I'll break that vow.

Do you understand 'sarcasm?'

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#188 Jan 29, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, apparently meth is pretty easy to cook up.
But its still illegal.
And since it has be declared illegal...it is no longer available to the public, correct?

Location hidden

#189 Jan 29, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
People think that we will fold quietly into the night...
That perception, should be changed...
Yes, fold quietly into the night and leave our tax dollars behind.

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Columbus, OH

#190 Jan 29, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Che,'meaningful dialogue' with you is a misnomer. to begin with.
I'd say I will no longer be responding to you, but then you'll say something so stupid or hurtful, that I'll break that vow.
Do you understand 'sarcasm?'
Ha! You could replace the name "Che" with quite a few poster's name and it would be apropos.

Location hidden

#191 Jan 29, 2013
WiseAmerican wrote:
<quoted text> Republicans had eight years under Reagan and eight under Bush, that's 16years! Bush I had four years, and nothing was done to shut the illegal third world people out! 20 years of Republican BS talking points.
The illegal Mexicans threaten construction jobs, roofing, and fast food as well as food production. They'll put more whites out of jobs in some of those trades.
The east Asians from Pakistan, India, and China well put the rest of you on the Gubment dole. Blacks are already screwed. It's you people's children who will be in shock when the reality hits them. Blacks already know they got a shit deal!
Well then stop voting for liberals that want to open the borders and flood the country with immigrants. Your vote can be powerful, you know.
Duke for Mayor

United States

#192 Jan 29, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
And since it has be declared illegal...it is no longer available to the public, correct?
Its certainly not available to that subset of the public who get arrested, convicted, and sent to prison for cooking it up.

woof

Columbus, OH

#193 Jan 29, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Its certainly not available to that subset of the public who get arrested, convicted, and sent to prison for cooking it up.
woof
Oh goodie, then they just get to live on my dime.
VADoc

Warrenville, SC

#194 Jan 29, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
woof
Are you now saying that prisoners can't get drugs?

Location hidden

#195 Jan 29, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet they still vote for the Ds...
Yes I know the GOP-e has no interest in shutting the invasion down, but the agenda of the left is to speed it up.
Interested in your term "invasion," so I went looking for some data. I found some, here: http://www.migrationinformation.org/datahub/h...

Historically speaking, immigrant numbers peaked in 1910 or so, declining until roughly 1970 and have seen increases since then. However, it looks as the 2000-2010 decade may have marked a turn-around with a newly declining trend. Can't be sure yet. We do know that in terms of Mexico, we have seen net loss in the most recent years.

What I was looking for, and didn't find, was a factoid that I recall hearing that reflected planet-wide migration trends, which apparently tend to hold pretty steady overall.

There are solutions, of course, that have to do with support for the economic development of third world countries. There are a good number of reasons why I don't see this as a priority for the US at present (including the reality that we tend to use "development" opportunities for our own economic gain). However, this is a very appropriate role to encourage through the United Nations.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#196 Jan 29, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
woof
In other words, the law does not prevent anyone from any action; instead, it condemns those who are caught breaking it.

You could murder anyone today, if you so chose.
The law will not stop you.
If you are caught, it may condemn you.
Then again, you might hire a shyster, such as yourself, and skate free.
Duke for Mayor

United States

#197 Jan 29, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>Oh goodie, then they just get to live on my dime.
You could take them in and put em up in the spare room instead.

woof
Duke for Mayor

United States

#198 Jan 29, 2013
VADoc wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you now saying that prisoners can't get drugs?
Point me towards the numerous documented incidents of prisoners cooking up meth in prison.

I'll wait.

woof

Location hidden

#199 Jan 29, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then stop voting for liberals that want to open the borders and flood the country with immigrants. Your vote can be powerful, you know.
Our liberal President has deported a record number of illegal immigrants. And the net flow to-from Mexicon is flowing in their direction.
Duke for Mayor

United States

#200 Jan 29, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, the law does not prevent anyone from any action; instead, it condemns those who are caught breaking it.
You could murder anyone today, if you so chose.
The law will not stop you.
If you are caught, it may condemn you.
Then again, you might hire a shyster, such as yourself, and skate free.
I always enjoy being called a shyster for upholding the Constitution.

It makes me laugh, and feel all fuzzy inside.

Of course any law written may be broken by someone willing and able to do so.

What's your point?

woof

Columbus, OH

#201 Jan 29, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
You could take them in and put em up in the spare room instead.
woof
That would still me my dime dipwad. Plus, if you follow topix, I live in a trailer. No room at the inn.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump claims he is chummy with North Korea 2 hr Republicans Shill... 4
PRESIDENT TRUMP says 'DACA is probably dead' bl... 3 hr Duke for Mayor 7
DACA. DACA. One particular Immigration Issue. ... 3 hr Republicans Shill... 1
Trump BALD HEAD 3 hr Duke for Mayor 55
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 5 hr Keep UR Plan 6,691
Sh@$tHole Country 6 hr Butt Pump 66
Note the Date ! 6 hr Pam 1

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages