Koch and Co. Attack...the Columbus Zo...

Koch and Co. Attack...the Columbus Zoo..?

There are 4 comments on the Daily Kos story from May 5, 2014, titled Koch and Co. Attack...the Columbus Zoo..?. In it, Daily Kos reports that:

Okay, so I spend roughly nine months out of my year in Columbus, Ohio. The other three months I am in my hometown of West Chester.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Kos.

yeah baby yeah

Columbus, OH

#1 May 5, 2014
No thanks on a doubling of the property tax so that some more lifers can be added to the publicly funded payrolls.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#2 May 5, 2014
I'll second that. VOTE NO on this boondoggle. We don't need 3 zoos.
Columbus Zoo Lover

Columbus, OH

#3 May 5, 2014
The Columbus Zoo wants to create a new "Sub-Station Zoo."

Why would Columbus tax-payers support this additional levy?

The first apparent argument (or logic) as advertised by proponents of this additional tax is that this would (or could)'serve to accommodate' Columbus Convention Center visitors who don't have the time to plan, or schedule their visit(s) to the Columbus Zoo. Part of this argument entails concerns of 'said distance' from the Columbus Convention Center up to the actual Columbus Zoo itself. Uhhh, Unless it's 'rush-hour' between approximately 4:30 p.m and 6:00 p.m, and unless there's a motor vehicle accident, one can usually jump into their vehicle and arrive at the Columbus Zoo in about twenty / twenty-five minutes. Simple - done this many times.

The second apparent argument (or logic) as advertised by proponents of this additional tax is that said tax levy will create jobs and raise future revenue for the City of Columbus in the form of an 'investment' geared toward future revenue. Certainly, revenue would likely be generated (initially) for payment toward construction of said sub-station zoo. However, once said sub-station zoo is fully-operational and the construction workers have left, that leaves the question of more jobs / paychecks for central-Ohioans within the area. Seems to me after watching the Columbus Zoo's employment opportunities online advertisements over the past few years that the Columbus Zoo tends to post more 'job opportunities' geared more toward seasonal jobs, volunteer positions, and / or Internships. There's nothing wrong with this as interns with an interest and/or study of zoology should be afforded hands-on training. However, and considering the 'over-all Columbus Zoo expansion' claim that there will be more jobs and revenue? It's not within my personal opinion that this may be so, thus far.

Another argument pertaining to the Columbus Zoo as pertaining to the fact that the Columbus Zoo is located within Delaware County, Ohio... Ummm... Seems to me that over the past few years... Who immediately responded to active criminal complaints or concerns within the Columbus Zoo main location? Always seemed that it was the Delaware County Sheriff's Office. Who immediately responded to active medical complaints and/or requests? Always seemed like it was Delaware County EMS or Liberty Township Fire / EMS. I don't know if the Delaware County Sheriff's Office or Delco EMS / Liberty TWP bill the City of Columbus for said runs, so I apologize if this may be an incorrect assumption and/or observation on my part.

Regardless, and not off - topic, I like my personally-owned vehicle. It runs fine and my vehicle does serve it's purpose - period. That being said, I'd like to add a few new 'features' to make my vehicle better (appearance-wise), but I cannot afford to make my vehicle better (according to what I feel is appropriate). That being said, I'd like for some of you to shell-out some of your income to get my vehicle to 'look how I'd like it to look'. I would like someone else (you) to contribute a small portion of your paycheck to make me feel better about the appearance of my car.

And yes, if I feel the need to be 'personally educated' about the characteristics of a lion, tiger, bear, sloth, or, ohhh-my, a bat, I don't need to visit a "Sub-Station" zoo to watch them in action. I can either jet over to the main Columbus Zoo to see them in their natural habitat, or I can get online and do some research myself without all of the 'educational reasons' offered as to why we need to have another Columbus Zoo when they already have said Zoo firmly in place.
Just so exciting to tax people when the best zoo is only a few minutes away for those who take the time to visit and stop making excuses as to why everyone else has to pay for it. Again, I'd like to improve on something I already own, but I'd like you to pay for it...
NO On Issue 6

Columbus, OH

#4 May 5, 2014
NO more taxes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Columbus Nightclub Days,East Dallas,AAfter The ... (Mar '10) 8 min Been There 81
News Opinion: Ohioans who want green energy are free... 2 hr Solarman 1
Melania Trump 3 hr Chris 29
!!Add a word drop a word !! (Jun '12) 3 hr Alain Vain 781
FIU | Sweetwater Bridge Installation | Full Tim... 4 hr Pot Head Kris 23
McCabe Fired? 4 hr They cannot kill ... 2
We the People Love Stormy Daniels 4 hr Lovely Brave Stormy 1
Judgement Day: Finally Here? 6 hr Leftist handjob 89

Columbus Jobs

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages