New 'snus' taking on smoking ban

There are 70 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Mar 17, 2008, titled New 'snus' taking on smoking ban. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

It might have a funny-sounding name, but snus is no laughing matter to activists who led the 2006 campaign to ban smoking from public places across Ohio.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
What

Columbus, OH

#66 Feb 26, 2011
Rob wrote:
hey, as long as i dont have to smell it or get killed by it, i say let em at it. rot out your mouth....looks great on whitney huston.
"Crack is whack!" ~Whitney Houston
Video here:
Agreed

Columbus, OH

#67 Feb 26, 2011
Free_America wrote:
<quoted text>You are of course the queen of drama, that is why your arguments are all drama based with no basis in fact. Balls cried the queen if I had two I'd be King, Bull **** said the king it takes 12 inches to be a ruller!
Agreed. Life's better when you save the drama for the lama. Peace out!
Preventable stupidity

Delaware, OH

#68 Feb 26, 2011
Angelsmile09 wrote:
Get out of the trouble to smoke in public, e-cigar can help you!
Our web: www.kemeier.com
In my MSN room,you can get more info of our products. My MSN: e.cigarmanufacturer at hotmail.com
We have devoted into the manufacturing of e-cigar for many years,all of our products have passed CE,ROHS,SGS certification,and with one years warranty policy.If you have the damand, feel free to contact me.
My email is ecig06 at gmail dot com
M-hmmm.... MORE made in china personal use items huh?After that whole tainted baby formula,the poisonous pet food,the toxic toothpaste,and let's not forget the carcinogemic cadmium children's jewelry and lead painted child's toys while we're thinking of dangerous chinese made products.
WHAT makes you think I would have any willing inclination to purchase ANYTHING for personal consumption or application from China after what chinese manufacturers have done all in the name of profit? Sad as it is to say,SO much of everything is made in china anymore that it's darn near impossible,without doing some real legwork,to buy stuff made in the USA.However,I avoid ANYTHING I would wear as jewelry would consume or give to my kids. I test each any every one of my kids toys that are metal or painted and I refuse to buy any food items made in china.
Buy American when you can!
Agreed

Columbus, OH

#69 Feb 26, 2011
<quoted text>
Hit the nail on the head there. YOU PICK A POISON! An actual, literal poison. You are a fool to compare cigarettes to food.
Your a fool to think your going to live a long life just because you are abstaning from tobacco.

Agreed. If one steps outside his home (Hiltop), goes to any establishment (Easton), or drives a vehicle (Toyota) then that person is at risk of something or someone killing them.
Live life to the fullest, you never know when you will check off this planet.
Peace - Love - Happiness
Wiseman

Columbus, OH

#70 Feb 26, 2011
Wintana Hayelom wrote:
I just graduated highschool and I'm 17 years old. I am currently looking for a summer job that doesn't involve fast food and I don't have any paid work experience.
Depending on where you live, if anywhere, you can check these. Go to local library if no access to Web:

www.monster.com
www.columbusjobs.com

and/or use the Google to search for "jobs in <where>".

Good luck, thank you for wanting to get a job and earn a living for yourself and possible future family instead of suckling off the teet of the government from birth to death. You are a great American.
murphypctv

Columbus, OH

#71 Feb 26, 2011
Rob wrote:
hey, as long as i dont have to smell it or get killed by it, i say let em at it. rot out your mouth....looks great on whitney huston.
Leave Whitney ALONE!
Chia Pet

Columbus, OH

#72 Feb 26, 2011
Preventable stupidity wrote:
<quoted text>
M-hmmm.... MORE made in china personal use items huh?After that whole tainted baby formula,the poisonous pet food,the toxic toothpaste,and let's not forget the carcinogemic cadmium children's jewelry and lead painted child's toys while we're thinking of dangerous chinese made products.
WHAT makes you think I would have any willing inclination to purchase ANYTHING for personal consumption or application from China after what chinese manufacturers have done all in the name of profit? Sad as it is to say,SO much of everything is made in china anymore that it's darn near impossible,without doing some real legwork,to buy stuff made in the USA.However,I avoid ANYTHING I would wear as jewelry would consume or give to my kids. I test each any every one of my kids toys that are metal or painted and I refuse to buy any food items made in china.
Buy American when you can!
At least you do not have a panic attack everytime you use a Chinese made tampon and wonder if you will die before the sun sets.
best selling snus

Knoxville, TN

#75 Jun 11, 2013
Real Swedish Snus is great!
linky

Saint Louis, MO

#77 Sep 15, 2013
1 Cold Turkey wrote:
Why bother with cutting down? You want to stay in nicotine withdrawal for much much longer than you really need, then by all means cut down or use other nicotine replacement therapies.
I'm quit cold turkey and still in my first two weeks. it's hellish, but I am winning and my nicotine addiction is losing. I just want it badly enough, to NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF.
That snus stuff sounds repulsive, alls i got to say to the manufacturers is "Bad!"
1 of every 2 smokers will die from smoking. Any smokers reading this ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF.

Allen Carr's method does not work for everyone. Swedish snus is not repulsive (American snus on the other hand, is not real snus, and probably is repulsive). Snus is a great alternative to smoking, and 99% safer.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#78 Sep 17, 2013
Smoking bans=more freedoms snatched away by liberal pukes.

What's next from these progressive nuts? Bans on pop, salt, and fats? Nah, would be preposterous.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Protesters 2 min BizzyBee 2
Al Sharpton coming to Cleveland...... 5 min Pope Che Reagan C... 3
Brelo not guilty 2 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 37
Black Crime is out of control. 2 hr BoneYard 69
Poll Who Do You Support For President 2 hr Concerned Citizen 53
LeBron James urges Cleveland Blacks not to riot 3 hr Concerned Citizen 3
wtf? 3 hr Ken's brother Ryu 1
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE