New 'snus' taking on smoking ban

New 'snus' taking on smoking ban

There are 70 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Mar 17, 2008, titled New 'snus' taking on smoking ban. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

It might have a funny-sounding name, but snus is no laughing matter to activists who led the 2006 campaign to ban smoking from public places across Ohio.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Rob

Columbus, OH

#43 Jul 20, 2009
hey, as long as i dont have to smell it or get killed by it, i say let em at it. rot out your mouth....looks great on whitney huston.
1 Cold Turkey

United States

#44 Jul 20, 2009
Thanks Frisbee, maybe I'm a little too happy for an excuse to talk about cigarettes and smoking.

I do think there's a problem with having to *legislate* common courtesy and community-mindedness. what's wrong with not having anything on the books and just leaving it up to people to use courtesy, both in asking people not to smoke, and in asking permission to smoke or going a distance away?
are we unable to regard one another as humans and oblige reasonable and politely-phrased requests, or to tolerate body odor, without the threat of fines or other legal sanctions?
OLD FRED

Elyria, OH

#45 Jul 20, 2009
Free_America wrote:
<quoted text>Who is we. A well paid band of activist?
You smoking tards lost the battle. Give up now its over. The FDA now has the authority to regulate tobacco. Sorry Smokey. You lose.

“Veritas Vincit. Pro Libertate”

Since: Jun 08

peoples republic of Madison

#47 Jul 20, 2009
Frisbee wrote:
<quoted text>
And back to square one where you claim that owning property exempts you from obeying the law of the land. Been shot down so many times, and yet you're still too stupid to grasp. Sad really. The very fact that the laws exist closes the case on whether or not they are legal. They are. Cry and whine till the end of time. Boo Hoo.
Property right trump your garbage, I have talked to lawyers fighting smoking bans. As a matter of fact Dan O'Day out of Illinois has won most of his cases. If it was over like you claim why are you on here fighting so hard with your boo hoo's. You know the pendulum is about to swing the other way ... must suck to be you!
Frisbee

Seattle, WA

#48 Jul 20, 2009
I'm just laughing at you losers and your incessant fool claims that the law is illegal or that you are victims of the big bad government.
No Drama from me. It's all reality.

#49 Jul 20, 2009
Frisbee wrote:
I'm just laughing at you losers and your incessant fool claims that the law is illegal or that you are victims of the big bad government.
No Drama from me. It's all reality.
You are of course the queen of drama, that is why your arguments are all drama based with no basis in fact. Balls cried the queen if I had two I'd be King, Bull$hit said the king it takes 12 inches to be a ruller!

“Non smoking freedom loving vet”

Since: Apr 08

Chicago

#50 Jul 20, 2009
Free_America wrote:
<quoted text>Who is we. A well paid band of activist?
Just a reminder of the sources of the bans:

http://www.rwjf.org/pr/product.jsp...

And what the 99 million dollars was going to:

http://www.no-smoke.org/pdf/CIA_Fundamentals....
Frisbee

Seattle, WA

#51 Jul 20, 2009
Smoking bans exist. Fact.
They are constitutionally sound and very legal. Fact.
Smoking is harmful to your health. Fact.
Your refusal to accept it doesn't make it any less of a Fact.

Quoting the Ballad of King Daniel why calling someone else a Drama Queen? That's hilarious. I doubt you'll grasp the hypocrisy, though.

Keep typing. I laugh harder with every bit of simpleton drivel that falls from your fingertips.
Sir PreachingtheGosp el

Marion, OH

#52 Jul 20, 2009
Frisbee wrote:
<quoted text>
Hit the nail on the head there. YOU PICK A POISON! An actual, literal poison. You are a fool to compare cigarettes to food.
Your a fool to think your going to live a long life just because you are abstaning from tobacco.

#53 Jul 20, 2009
Frisbee wrote:
Smoking bans exist. Fact.
They are constitutionally sound and very legal. Fact.
Smoking is harmful to your health. Fact.
Your refusal to accept it doesn't make it any less of a Fact.
Quoting the Ballad of King Daniel why calling someone else a Drama Queen? That's hilarious. I doubt you'll grasp the hypocrisy, though.
Keep typing. I laugh harder with every bit of simpleton drivel that falls from your fingertips.
No ban has made it to the supreme court so your claim of fact is patently FALSE, No one ever claimed that smoking was healthy. What has been repeatedly said that the so called evidence about SHS does not rise to the level of proof of anything and that is FACT. As far as you being a drama Queen, well if the boa and the tiara fit ... well!
Sir PreachingtheGosp el

Marion, OH

#54 Jul 20, 2009
OLD FRED wrote:
<quoted text>
You smoking tards lost the battle. Give up now its over. The FDA now has the authority to regulate tobacco. Sorry Smokey. You lose.
Old fred now he's dead someone was texting while driving and crushed his head.

“Just Say No to Smoking Bans”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#55 Jul 20, 2009
Frisbee wrote:
<quoted text>
We made up our mind in 2005. Smoking banned. Where have you been?
I don't know about you, but I've been smoking in bars that allow it despite the Ohio smoking ban. That would be inside.
Frisbee

Seattle, WA

#56 Jul 20, 2009
Free_America wrote:
No ban has made it to the supreme court so your claim of fact is patently FALSE.
Smoking bans HAVE been upheld by the Supreme Courts of several States. This is the reason they don't get to the US Supreme Court. They don't waste their time with cases that obviously have no merit.
If only you could grasp simple concepts.

#57 Jul 20, 2009
Frisbee wrote:
<quoted text>
Smoking bans HAVE been upheld by the Supreme Courts of several States. This is the reason they don't get to the US Supreme Court. They don't waste their time with cases that obviously have no merit.
If only you could grasp simple concepts.
Name one that was turned down by the supreme court. You obviously lack the understanding on how the court system works. All it will take is one to make it up there and the bans will fall like domino's!

“Just Say No to Smoking Bans”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#58 Jul 20, 2009
Free_America wrote:
<quoted text>Name one that was turned down by the supreme court. You obviously lack the understanding on how the court system works. All it will take is one to make it up there and the bans will fall like domino's!
The bans will fail when the "science" of shs is proven a sham in court as it was in Judge Osteen's decision. All bans are based upon that, and there will be nothing to justify them.
BuckeyeGrad1212

Lewis Center, OH

#60 Oct 25, 2010
Wintana Hayelom wrote:
I just graduated highschool and I'm 17 years old. I am currently looking for a summer job that doesn't involve fast food and I don't have any paid work experience.
Try a Starbucks or something like that
Kevin

Denton, TX

#62 Feb 26, 2011
Tobacco ALREADY an ILLEGAL DRUG!

YES, still ILLEGAL to poison people, no matter how slowly you do it!

BAN ALL TOBACCO NOW AND PROSECUTE THE PUSHERS FOR HIGH CRIMES OF MURDER AND GENOCIDE OF THE HUMAN RACE!
MAKE THEM PAY

Blacklick, OH

#63 Feb 26, 2011
Kevin wrote:
BAN ALL TOBACCO NOW AND PROSECUTE THE PUSHERS FOR HIGH CRIMES OF MURDER AND GENOCIDE OF THE HUMAN RACE!
I agree. Tobacco is native to the Americas and its use was well established by the time the first Europeans came on the scene. The indigenous peoples of North, Central and South America should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law!
What

Blacklick, OH

#64 Feb 26, 2011
"activists" are wacktivists. Ban yourself from ever speaking again. Your an a-s-s clown.
What

Blacklick, OH

#65 Feb 26, 2011
Kevin wrote:
Kevin, your comment indicates that you are definitely smoking/taking something stronger than tabacco. Please translate into English. I have pressed '1'.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does anyone know why Yolanda Harris is leaving ... 9 min jonjediIII 124
Worlds fastest growing religion is..... 11 min Pope Che Reagan C... 247
Trump and Pence losing popularity 13 min Pope Che Reagan C... 42
Donald Trump Administration 30 min White Fangs 795
Girls what your dirtiest fantasy? 51 min Reality Speaks 10
I love Shopping KMart, Sears, Meijer.Where Do y... 1 hr Reality Speaks 68
Middle Class will now be paying for the wall. 3 hr Shadow_Hunter 3

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance