New 'snus' taking on smoking ban

It might have a funny-sounding name, but snus is no laughing matter to activists who led the 2006 campaign to ban smoking from public places across Ohio. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Wintana Hayelom

United States

#1 Jul 18, 2009
I just graduated highschool and I'm 17 years old. I am currently looking for a summer job that doesn't involve fast food and I don't have any paid work experience.
CatInTheHat

Reynoldsburg, OH

#2 Jul 18, 2009
Wintana Hayelom wrote:
I just graduated highschool and I'm 17 years old. I am currently looking for a summer job that doesn't involve fast food and I don't have any paid work experience.
Why not try volunteer work with Habitat for Humanity?
Sir PreachingtheGosp el

Portsmouth, OH

#3 Jul 18, 2009
Wintana Hayelom wrote:
You might want to read the wanted ads in a newspaper.?

“I am Chinese E-cigar supplier.”

Since: Jul 09

China

#4 Jul 19, 2009
Get out of the trouble to smoke in public, e-cigar can help you!

Our web: www.kemeier.com
In my MSN room,you can get more info of our products. My MSN: e.cigarmanufacturer at hotmail.com

We have devoted into the manufacturing of e-cigar for many years,all of our products have passed CE,ROHS,SGS certification,and with one years warranty policy.If you have the damand, feel free to contact me.

My email is ecig06 at gmail dot com
Sir PreachingtheGosp el

Portsmouth, OH

#6 Jul 19, 2009
Angelsmile09 wrote:
Get out of the trouble to smoke in public, e-cigar can help you!
Our web: www.kemeier.com
In my MSN room,you can get more info of our products. My MSN: e.cigarmanufacturer at hotmail.com
We have devoted into the manufacturing of e-cigar for many years,all of our products have passed CE,ROHS,SGS certification,and with one years warranty policy.If you have the damand, feel free to contact me.
My email is ecig06 at gmail dot com
Battery life of e cigs are really pathetic. unles it has a carry charging case its prettty much worthless. I know I have two ! Battery technology for these e cigs are lousy.
CatInTheHat

Reynoldsburg, OH

#7 Jul 19, 2009
Angelsmile09 wrote:
SPAM
lurn gooder engleash chinee retard

“Just Say No to Smoking Bans”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#8 Jul 19, 2009
Sir PreachingtheGospel wrote:
<quoted text>Battery life of e cigs are really pathetic. unles it has a carry charging case its prettty much worthless. I know I have two ! Battery technology for these e cigs are lousy.
I agree. I have three models and multiple batteries for each. Although I have not decided to quit smoking completely, e cigarettes have allowed me to drastically cut back on smoking. Some models now run on rechargable AAA batteries that last hours longer than the typical e cig. They do not look like a cigarette, but they function much better than the older models. One such model is the Janty Stick at www.jantyusa.com There are several others.

Location hidden

#9 Jul 19, 2009
Wintana Hayelom wrote:
Fast food restaurants offer teenagers who really want to work an excellent chance to do so and gain some work experience. You will find that being picky and also inexperienced is a sure route to lifetime unemployment. No one starts at the top.

China

#10 Jul 19, 2009
<quoted text>Battery life of e cigs are really pathetic. unles it has a carry charging case its prettty much worthless. I know I have two ! Battery technology for these e cigs are lousy.
Maybe it because you don't buy the right one or use it improperly.

The aim for our E-cigar is to help smokers to quit smoking step by step,usually one and a half month.

China

#11 Jul 19, 2009
To quit smoking,you can follow below:
Step 1: Use electronic cigarettes and ordinary cigarettes togather in a mixed way. We recommend smokers to use ordinary cigarettes when first psychological needs for cigarettes appear, then use the electronic cigarettes when psychological need for cigarettes appears next time. Smokers should control the ordinary cigarettes use within 2/3 of the beginning smoking, using it in the normal ways for 6 weeks.
Step 2: Based on the last step, gradually change the habit of smoking. When the psychological needs for cigarettes appear, draw the focus on using electronic cigarette, supplement with ordinary cigarettes. Control the use of ordinary cigarettes in 1/3 at the beginning smoking, using it in normal ways for 10 weeks.
Step 3: In order to decrease the use of cigarette to zero, absolutely quit the psychological needs for cigarettes, replace ordinary cigarette by electronic cigarette, please insist on using electronic cigarettes for 6 weeks, and finally reach the goal of quitting smoking.

China

#12 Jul 19, 2009
Also,there are difference in:

Nicotine content for each cartridge

with different stytles,you should choose the one which suits you.

Best wishes for you all !!!

“Non smoking freedom loving vet”

Since: Apr 08

Chicago

#13 Jul 19, 2009
The only danger they present is to to bottom line of the cessation manufacturing company that spent millions to get these bans in the first place, thereby undermining the entire purpose of smoking bans. Also, unlike Chantix, they have no mind altering drugs and can be safely used by airline pilots, railroad engineers, truck drivers, and others in jobs where public safety is an issue.

www.rwjf.org/pr/product.jsp...
jimbob

Elyria, OH

#14 Jul 19, 2009
Wintana Hayelom wrote:
Good Luck!!
Frisbee

Seattle, WA

#15 Jul 19, 2009
Sheri wrote:
Although I have not decided to quit smoking completely, e cigarettes have allowed me to drastically cut back on smoking.
Now why would you want to drastically cut back on your smoking? Isn't smoking the greatest?
1 Cold Turkey

Columbus, OH

#16 Jul 20, 2009
Why bother with cutting down? You want to stay in nicotine withdrawal for much much longer than you really need, then by all means cut down or use other nicotine replacement therapies.
I'm quit cold turkey and still in my first two weeks. it's hellish, but I am winning and my nicotine addiction is losing. I just want it badly enough, to NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF.
That snus stuff sounds repulsive, alls i got to say to the manufacturers is "Bad!"
1 of every 2 smokers will die from smoking. Any smokers reading this ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF.
Sir PreachingtheGosp el

Portsmouth, OH

#17 Jul 20, 2009
Sheri wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. I have three models and multiple batteries for each. Although I have not decided to quit smoking completely, e cigarettes have allowed me to drastically cut back on smoking. Some models now run on rechargable AAA batteries that last hours longer than the typical e cig. They do not look like a cigarette, but they function much better than the older models. One such model is the Janty Stick at www.jantyusa.com There are several others.
Too expensive, plus I look at the replacement cost of said equipment.batteries, chargers , etc. I have only found one e Cig that has resonable prices. and thats blu. I havent recieved it yet because they are back logs on orders. But it looks just like the joye 501 , and if it smokes that good I will stick with blu, due to low prices on replacemnt parts, and rechargable carrying case.
Sir PreachingtheGosp el

Portsmouth, OH

#19 Jul 20, 2009
1 Cold Turkey wrote:
Why bother with cutting down? You want to stay in nicotine withdrawal for much much longer than you really need, then by all means cut down or use other nicotine replacement therapies.
I'm quit cold turkey and still in my first two weeks. it's hellish, but I am winning and my nicotine addiction is losing. I just want it badly enough, to NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF.
That snus stuff sounds repulsive, alls i got to say to the manufacturers is "Bad!"
1 of every 2 smokers will die from smoking. Any smokers reading this ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF.
Your going to die of something ! Be it eating , driving a car, drinking, you pick your posion. Your not getting out alive.!!!

Location hidden

#20 Jul 20, 2009
Frisbee wrote:
<quoted text>
Now why would you want to drastically cut back on your smoking? Isn't smoking the greatest?
I like it. As for cutting back, when I tried the electronic cigarette, I found that I liked it almost as much as smoking. I found that I often reached for it instead of my regular brand. I did not buy an e cig to cut back; it just happened.

Location hidden

#21 Jul 20, 2009
<quoted text>Too expensive, plus I look at the replacement cost of said equipment.batteries, chargers , etc. I have only found one e Cig that has resonable prices. and thats blu. I havent recieved it yet because they are back logs on orders. But it looks just like the joye 501 , and if it smokes that good I will stick with blu, due to low prices on replacemnt parts, and rechargable carrying case.
Let me know how you like the blu. I agree that their prices are good and it does look cool. I may eventually get one if I can find an unbiased review and if they ever get their shipping mess fixed.

Location hidden

#22 Jul 20, 2009
1 Cold Turkey wrote:
It's good that we all have choices. Congratulations on quitting. The key to your success is probably the fact that you really wanted to quit. Others don't want to do that. I'm happy that there are still choices in our country. No one succeeds at anything they don't really want to do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 4 min Pops 31,245
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 22 min JYS 2,437
Will they catch Eric Frein? 42 min yeah baby yeah 5
where is George of Hilliard? 53 min Big Johnson 51
Two fish were swimming upstream.... 1 hr Catman Dave 240
Michael Moore disses Obama 1 hr They cannot kill ... 11
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 5 hr tranpsosition 3,371
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus
•••