Fatal Crash Closes U.S. 42 In Delawar...

Fatal Crash Closes U.S. 42 In Delaware County | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News

There are 79 comments on the 10TV WBNS story from Aug 10, 2011, titled Fatal Crash Closes U.S. 42 In Delaware County | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News. In it, 10TV WBNS reports that:

A fatal crash closed a portion of U.S. Route 42 in Delaware County on Wednesday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 10TV WBNS.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
morris tucker

Naperville, IL

#63 Aug 13, 2011
I know the young man who was driving the truck, he is a good friend of my sons so yes i know what happened, i was told by someone who saw him in the hospital that the impala crossed over into his lane, i was not there so i am only going by what i was told, and yes he had just sent a text, I still believe texting while driving cost lives every day and something needs to be done about it.
Dont judge him

Medina, OH

#64 Aug 13, 2011
Okay let's began with Derek is my boyfriend he was driving home from working 16hrs that day whoever says they know Derek must not really know him. Derek has non-stop filled with remorse about thus but you guys no nothing if what happened it was not his fault it was the other guys whose life was taken (which is a very sad heartbreaking to say) Derek looked away from tge road for a second n when he looked back it was to late the guy was in his lane so reaction time with things like this...Derek is a good hearted person his heart is bigger then any man his age you guys don't see what he's going through I do I'm sitting with him since that morning getting that phone call that he wracked n the other gentleman didn't make it to go see Derek n watch him cry n ask questions about it n feel like its his fault that someone husband,father,son,uncle,broth er will never be there it kills him you don't see the tears you dont see him saying he wants to take his place instead he has to wake up everyday with the thought that even though he didn't cause it, that the gentleman lost his life from the truck he was driving.....but to Paul's family I am more sorry then you will ever know for your lost. My prayers n thoughts go out to you its sad n heart breaking.
What

Columbus, OH

#65 Aug 15, 2011
Dont judge him wrote:
Okay let's began with Derek is my boyfriend he was driving home from working 16hrs that day whoever says they know Derek must not really know him. Derek has non-stop filled with remorse about thus but you guys no nothing if what happened it was not his fault it was the other guys whose life was taken (which is a very sad heartbreaking to say) Derek looked away from tge road for a second n when he looked back it was to late the guy was in his lane so reaction time with things like this...Derek is a good hearted person his heart is bigger then any man his age you guys don't see what he's going through I do I'm sitting with him since that morning getting that phone call that he wracked n the other gentleman didn't make it to go see Derek n watch him cry n ask questions about it n feel like its his fault that someone husband,father,son,uncle,broth er will never be there it kills him you don't see the tears you dont see him saying he wants to take his place instead he has to wake up everyday with the thought that even though he didn't cause it, that the gentleman lost his life from the truck he was driving.....but to Paul's family I am more sorry then you will ever know for your lost. My prayers n thoughts go out to you its sad n heart breaking.
If this was or wasn't Derek's fault I can only imagine how would feel. My condolences to the family of gentleman that passes away as well your Derek's family and friends. I know it doesn't make any sense right now but there is a reason for everything.

My thoughts and prayers are with you all.
Just Saying

United States

#66 Aug 16, 2011
The Highway Patrol refers to these things as crashes, not accidents, because most times they can be easily prevented. There is no reason to be left of center, there is no reason to be driving without enough sleep, there is no reason to be texting while driving. Period. And there is no reason for OVI which at least one driver has a record of, including DUI while already under suspension. This is so sad for so many.....
Dont judge him

Powell, OH

#67 Aug 16, 2011
Just Saying wrote:
The Highway Patrol refers to these things as crashes, not accidents, because most times they can be easily prevented. There is no reason to be left of center, there is no reason to be driving without enough sleep, there is no reason to be texting while driving. Period. And there is no reason for OVI which at least one driver has a record of, including DUI while already under suspension. This is so sad for so many.....


people act like when they were younger or even now they have never made a mistake while driving I mean I'm sure if you got kids you glance in the back or if there's not a song on you like you change the station people can never say they are 100% focused on driving just sad that this had to end the way it did, nobody knows what really happened besides the drivers n to reply to your comment Derek was a young boy who yea made some silly decisions by drinking back then while driving but has never been a careless driver hell I get yelled at for trying to light a cigarette that boy was young and everybody thinks Omg he drove while driving I'm sure ya'll have at,least drove once while having a glass of wine,beer or even shot of something an thought ones not gonna hurt he again was a kid but thats not even the reason for the accident ...its called an accident not a crash I don't think I've ever heard a cop report it as a crash it was a sad thing to happened n hurts me cause my heart goes out to pauls family n friends
derek vanhorn again

Marengo, OH

#68 Aug 16, 2011
just read all comments, i truly feel for paul and his family. as for derek, yes he popped positive for narcotics in his system at time of accident. dont know if he was texting or not. saturday before accident was strung out on something, showed up at my daughters work, started arguing with my daughter, pulled out a shotgun, was poking butt of gun in my daughters ribs telling her to shoot him, she punched him instead and she was arrestted for domestic violence and spent time in jail until monday evening. columbus police found derek with gun and let him go because nothing bad showed up when they ran his name. madison co, record did not come up where he is on probation for multiple assault and drug issues. had that shown up he would have been arrested for having a fire arm. he also hasnt had a valid license for a long time, but when caught saturday wasnt asked to show it. one comment earlier said hes not a monster, i agree, i believe he is a socialpath. the guy causes hurt and sorrow, and stirs shit constantly. no official news yet on whats going on because police are investigating, i hope they put him in jail for a long time so i dont have to worry daily about him hurting my daughter anymore. to many bruises and marks, mabey the wheel of carma is finally coming around to run him over, i feel no pity for derek, once again paul and his family are in my prayers.
its me

Powell, OH

#69 Aug 17, 2011
Sandy all of this stuff on this website is about a very serious accident that happened Aug 10,2011 this is not to do with personally between our families a man has died as a result of this accident an another man may not of died physically but emotionally, you have no idea what happened. you say I popped positive for drugs. who are you the result of my test, when I was more then willing to to give a test to the cops cause it'd come back negative. your daughter told me to do everyone a favor an shoot myself, your daughter has stabbed me, put guns in my face as well as pulling the trigger before.your daughter has left more black eyes, bruses an bite marks in due to her actions is the reason she can't pursue her nursing career bc she can't keep her hands to herself. she punched me cause I told her I believe that she puts her boyfriend before our daughters. you accused me of being charged with assault an drug charges which I have never been charged with any of the above. you get on this site that's not about us, you get on this site that is way deeper then the bad blood between our families. you hey on this site to bad mouth the father or your grandchildren, when all this site is for is people to grev an give their condolences to the familes that lost their loved ones. people let get back to what really matters moat here a man lost his life an another lost his soul an spirte an everything that matters when he goes to sleep at night he think.of another when he wakes up he thinks of another when be prays he thinks of another when he goes day by day he thinks of another. my condolences goes out to the family.
The Cynic

Westerville, OH

#70 Aug 17, 2011
its me wrote:
Sandy all of this stuff on this website is about a very serious accident that happened Aug 10,2011 this is not to do with personally between our families a man has died as a result of this accident an another man may not of died physically but emotionally, you have no idea what happened. you say I popped positive for drugs. who are you the result of my test, when I was more then willing to to give a test to the cops cause it'd come back negative. your daughter told me to do everyone a favor an shoot myself, your daughter has stabbed me, put guns in my face as well as pulling the trigger before.your daughter has left more black eyes, bruses an bite marks in due to her actions is the reason she can't pursue her nursing career bc she can't keep her hands to herself. she punched me cause I told her I believe that she puts her boyfriend before our daughters. you accused me of being charged with assault an drug charges which I have never been charged with any of the above. you get on this site that's not about us, you get on this site that is way deeper then the bad blood between our families. you hey on this site to bad mouth the father or your grandchildren, when all this site is for is people to grev an give their condolences to the familes that lost their loved ones. people let get back to what really matters moat here a man lost his life an another lost his soul an spirte an everything that matters when he goes to sleep at night he think.of another when he wakes up he thinks of another when be prays he thinks of another when he goes day by day he thinks of another. my condolences goes out to the family.
Sounds like you two need to find a trailer park or go on the Jerry Springer show.
Just Saying

United States

#71 Aug 17, 2011
This guy sounds like a total tool. I'm guessing we won't be seeing much of him for the next 5 years or so. Some of the posters here defending him need to hang with a better class of "friends", lol
1ofGodsChildren

United States

#72 Aug 17, 2011
Would u all just shut up? God is welcoming home His child. The investigation won't be over till 2 wks from the accident. Thou shall NOT judge. I pray that GOD comforts the family of the deceased and the survivor. I pray for all of you who have judged and hung your dirty laundry out to dry here, where there should be healing and prayer. Lord, please hold , comfort,and forgive these people, AMEN.
Yeah You

Delaware, OH

#73 Aug 17, 2011
1ofGodsChildren wrote:
Would u all just shut up? God is welcoming home His child. The investigation won't be over till 2 wks from the accident. Thou shall NOT judge. I pray that GOD comforts the family of the deceased and the survivor. I pray for all of you who have judged and hung your dirty laundry out to dry here, where there should be healing and prayer. Lord, please hold , comfort,and forgive these people, AMEN.
You must be one of gods lost sheep!
Just Saying

United States

#74 Aug 18, 2011
1ofGodsChildren wrote:
Would u all just shut up? God is welcoming home His child. The investigation won't be over till 2 wks from the accident. Thou shall NOT judge. I pray that GOD comforts the family of the deceased and the survivor. I pray for all of you who have judged and hung your dirty laundry out to dry here, where there should be healing and prayer. Lord, please hold , comfort,and forgive these people, AMEN.
Your god sounds like a pretty selfish person if he is "welcoming home" someone who didn't want to go. And someone who did nothing wrong, yet the other guy isn't being welcomed anywhere? I suppose you believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny too, huh?
1ofGodsChildren

United States

#75 Aug 18, 2011
LOrd, forgive me as a sinner, forgive me and luv me as ur child. I pray for my brothers and sisters here Lord. I pray that ur healing hand comforts those here who may not know your grace and Mercy.Thank you Lord for sending ur ONLY son to DIE for my sins LORD. AMen
Just Saying

United States

#76 Aug 18, 2011
1ofGodsChildren wrote:
LOrd, forgive me as a sinner, forgive me and luv me as ur child. I pray for my brothers and sisters here Lord. I pray that ur healing hand comforts those here who may not know your grace and Mercy.Thank you Lord for sending ur ONLY son to DIE for my sins LORD. AMen
Wrong forum, lol.
dont judge him

Canton, OH

#77 Aug 18, 2011
Ya'll are childish this lady/gentleman is trying to let you know everything happens for a reason it may be a sad way but all in all god felt like Paul was ready to do bigger things if that's watching over his loved ones just have alil sympathy for the deceased this family along with the saviors family are in a lot of pain and all you guys can do is mock someone who thought their words would comfort the families in sorrow. Again go back to grade school when your mother or father taught you if you don't have nice to say then maybe you should keep your mouth shut. I feel for both sides n will be praying for both families.
Who are we to judge

New Kensington, PA

#78 Feb 25, 2014
Stupid phones wrote:
So the 24-year old's car traveled out of his lane... Probably texting. He should be charged with something that gets jail time. I see too many people texting, putting on make-up, reading, ect... YOU'RE IN YOUR CAR TO DRIVE!!!
That 24yr old has two kids at home as well. What he did was wrong! But he was trying to better his life! Have you ever been in jail? Do you know what goes on? NO! I agree he should get punishment for his crime. Do to the fact he ripped away a father, husband, son ect...

People should not be so quick to pass judgement on others when their own life's are not lead perfectly. That young man grew up in a VERY church oriented family! I know because we are apart of the same family. He's a very bright young man who had many issues in the past as most young adults do. Some not as Extreme others, but knowledge comes with growing!

You are no ones maker and should not pass judgement! He was in fact text his girlfriend do to one of the kids being ill. As many of us I bet your self included do the same. So like the innocent man he took away from his family, my family member was taken away!

The torments that come from being in jail is nothing like he will have to live with the rest of his life. However having your body beaten or worse is not justifiable! That young men you passed judgement on lives in his own hell for what he did and now his hell got a million times worse!

How would you feel seeing your son or somebody else you loved being God only knows what and tortured? Like about that before you so openly express what should be done to a young man who was working on getting his life back together for his two little girls who are now left without their father. That's two families who loss a dearly loved family member!

YOU ARE NOT GOD! You should not pass judgement!!!! May GOD bless you. If he deems to do so!
Who are we to judge

New Kensington, PA

#79 Feb 25, 2014
Just Saying wrote:
This guy sounds like a total tool. I'm guessing we won't be seeing much of him for the next 5 years or so. Some of the posters here defending him need to hang with a better class of "friends", lol
You comment just show your Maturity level!!!!! That young man has a family who loves him! What he did was wrong, but learn the whole story before you judge! He was checking on one of his kids who was sick! He is a father, a son ect... He is loved dearly!

His actions can not be justified by killing another person who was someone's father, son, husband ect... My whole heart goes out to the family. I pain of loss from a loved one never goes away!

But who are you to pass judgement! I bet you have done something's in your life that would be deemed a "tool" thing to do! He is not a friend he is my family!!! I bet you would not say the nasty thing you said if you knew is full background! Learn the facts before you post thing that you know nothing about!

My God bless you if he sees fit to!
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#80 Feb 25, 2014
Who are we to judge wrote:
<quoted text>
That 24yr old has two kids at home as well. What he did was wrong! But he was trying to better his life! Have you ever been in jail? Do you know what goes on? NO! I agree he should get punishment for his crime. Do to the fact he ripped away a father, husband, son ect...
People should not be so quick to pass judgement on others when their own life's are not lead perfectly. That young man grew up in a VERY church oriented family! I know because we are apart of the same family. He's a very bright young man who had many issues in the past as most young adults do. Some not as Extreme others, but knowledge comes with growing!
You are no ones maker and should not pass judgement! He was in fact text his girlfriend do to one of the kids being ill. As many of us I bet your self included do the same. So like the innocent man he took away from his family, my family member was taken away!
The torments that come from being in jail is nothing like he will have to live with the rest of his life. However having your body beaten or worse is not justifiable! That young men you passed judgement on lives in his own hell for what he did and now his hell got a million times worse!
How would you feel seeing your son or somebody else you loved being God only knows what and tortured? Like about that before you so openly express what should be done to a young man who was working on getting his life back together for his two little girls who are now left without their father. That's two families who loss a dearly loved family member!
YOU ARE NOT GOD! You should not pass judgement!!!! May GOD bless you. If he deems to do so!
This would be even funnier if it was all capital letters.
Wondering

Columbus, OH

#81 Apr 19, 2014
I was wondering if there have been any updates on how Derek VanHorn is doing? Does he have any day set up for when he gets to get out or does he even? How is he holding up

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ohio AG Mike DeWine enters 2018 race for govern... 11 min RuffnReddy 33
Bernie Sanders And Wife Under Investigation 16 min Old Vet 11
News How often should we keep reviving overdosed dru... 29 min Old Vet 16
Erase ObamaCare, It Doesn't Work, Its Unaffordable 31 min Repeal ObamaCare Now 10
Health Care/The Wall 36 min Elerby 129
News UberEATS, McDonald's offering delivery in Pitts... 53 min billybee 2
Robert Mueller Investigating Donald Trump 1 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 202

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages