Fatal Crash Closes U.S. 42 In Delawar...

Fatal Crash Closes U.S. 42 In Delaware County | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News

There are 79 comments on the 10TV WBNS story from Aug 10, 2011, titled Fatal Crash Closes U.S. 42 In Delaware County | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News. In it, 10TV WBNS reports that:

A fatal crash closed a portion of U.S. Route 42 in Delaware County on Wednesday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 10TV WBNS.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
The Cynic

Columbus, OH

#1 Aug 10, 2011
People fly through that intersection both ways... Be careful driving people. Pay attention and drive like everyone else is trying to kill you.
Ericka

Delaware, OH

#2 Aug 10, 2011
Something has got to be done there! Too many lives lost there. So sad. Thinking of those families today.
Taxpayer

Columbus, OH

#3 Aug 10, 2011
Was just by that intersection 30 minutes ago no accident at the actual intersection
Lets Think

Delaware, OH

#4 Aug 10, 2011
It was not at the intersection, it was near there.
WeirdnessEverywh ere

Columbus, OH

#5 Aug 10, 2011
Wasn't there an accident in that same location last week?
You Know

Delaware, OH

#6 Aug 10, 2011
WeirdnessEverywhere wrote:
Wasn't there an accident in that same location last week?
No, that was on st rt 42, but it was just north of Ashley, Ohio. There was another accident at 42 and section line however within the last couple months. If I remember right, that was also a fatal accident!
Drifter

Memphis, TN

#7 Aug 10, 2011
Just so everyone knows and to clear any confusion...I went through that intersection at 6:30 this morning, when the accident was being reported. There is nothing at the intersection; however, there was a truck with the fire department emblem headed north on 42 toward London Road, looking up the road as I went through the intersection I could not see any accident, so it is probably closer to London Rd and 42 or in between the two roads and they are just reporting that it is near Section Line because more people know where that road is. Either way, Section Line is open (at least it was a 6:30) and you can get to 42 from there, so long as you're not going toward Delaware on 42.
Sharon

Delaware, OH

#8 Aug 10, 2011
The accident was a half mile east of the intersection.
Mike

Columbus, OH

#10 Aug 10, 2011
Thanks, folks. You're better reporters than the people who get paid to do it.
dominique

Fort Valley, GA

#11 Aug 10, 2011
I had an accident right where the side street owen fraley is, a woman pulled out in snowy conditions not even stopping completley rolling thru and i totalled my car had a concussion and she walked away fine as well as her car. its so dangerous with all the semis and it only being a 1 lane road on each side. I actually work righ there on 42 and can see it from my work place. lots of semis pulled over and such. pray for these folks
James

Berea, OH

#12 Aug 10, 2011
Very dangerous intersection. Too many not paying attention with their lives or others. Also heavy traffic to and from the quarry. If people would drive as if their lives depended on it, it would be much safer!
rowdy1

Washington Court House, OH

#13 Aug 10, 2011
The Cynic wrote:
People fly through that intersection both ways... Be careful driving people. Pay attention and drive like everyone else is trying to kill you.
Cynic, this is the best driving advice I have ever seen. Everyone else out there on the highway IS trying to kill you. Drive defensively!!!
Daily Customer

Columbus, OH

#14 Aug 10, 2011
Rt 42 is a dangerous road from one end to the other. a large number of heavy trucks use that route - better look both ways, twice, before turning onto it. I was at 42/257 on a foggy morning last fall and when the light changed so I could turn left/south onto 42 I gave it a couple extra seconds. Good thing - an 18 wheeler did not see the traffic light in the fog and blew through the intersection with all wheels locked up, too late to stop. Had I not waited, I probably would not be here today, it was traveling at least the 55 MPH speed limit. Sheriffs up there need to get out of the donut shop and start patrolling!
dominique

Fort Valley, GA

#15 Aug 10, 2011
they just removed the pickup from the scene i saw it being hauled away. YIKES!
palomino penner

United States

#16 Aug 10, 2011
I've seen 18 wheelers blow the 42/257 light in clear blue daylight. So, yeah, look twice...and then again.
OoOoOo

Sunbury, OH

#17 Aug 10, 2011
Daily Customer wrote:
Rt 42 is a dangerous road from one end to the other. a large number of heavy trucks use that route - better look both ways, twice, before turning onto it. I was at 42/257 on a foggy morning last fall and when the light changed so I could turn left/south onto 42 I gave it a couple extra seconds. Good thing - an 18 wheeler did not see the traffic light in the fog and blew through the intersection with all wheels locked up, too late to stop. Had I not waited, I probably would not be here today, it was traveling at least the 55 MPH speed limit. Sheriffs up there need to get out of the donut shop and start patrolling!
Don't be talking chit about our sheriffs guy, you couldn't do any better
SORRY

Reynoldsburg, OH

#18 Aug 10, 2011
may the one that survive recover without complications and may God have mercy on the (1) that lost their life > my prayers to the family and loved ones .
Delaware

Delaware, OH

#19 Aug 10, 2011
its not open yet!
dominique

Fort Valley, GA

#20 Aug 10, 2011
Delaware wrote:
its not open yet!
i believe they just opened it!
Buzz

Cleveland, OH

#21 Aug 10, 2011
So, many Souls on that road...it extremly dangerous..just like 36/37...
That road needs more patrolling in the early morning hours.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CHINATOWN DETECTIVE AGENCY LOOKING FOR Crazylady 1 hr BizzyBee 38
News Mosquito boom: Pests, including West Nile carri... 1 hr Big Johnson 1
For Cat Lovers Only! 2 hr BIzzy Bee II 174
Body Camera For Police 6 hr Duke for Mayor 11
more ignorant white cops 7 hr El Chapo 11
News Chevrolet Malibu Owners: Problems & Solutions (Jun '06) 7 hr Maria 2,786
News 7-Year-Old Columbus Girl Found Dead In Californ... 8 hr GlitterSucks_ 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages