Obese man who was cut out of home dies | The Columbus Dispatch

A morbidly obese man who hadn't moved from his recliner in two years and had to be cut out of his eastern Ohio home when he fell ill was taken to a West Virginia hospital, where he died, news outlets reported yesterday. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Apr 11

Thornville, OH

#21 Apr 12, 2011
well you can critize me all you want....that doesnt bother me in the least...i care about humanity and apparently we all have are own ways and feelings......so there fore to each his own you have to feel the way i do and yet i dont have to believe the way you do.....its just ashame this world has come to this.....so as a end to a very sad situation a man died because no one did anything about....so from now on lets all just hide are head in the sand and pretend nothing goes on in this world....I cant but thats cool and your right if i see someone who needs help ill be there at least i can sleep at night knowing ive tried to help out......Have a very wonderful and blessed day...

Since: Apr 11

Findlay, OH

#22 Apr 21, 2011
Im not idealistic im just when you see someone in that condition you dont add to there situation you help.....If you insist thats fine i have a heart and yes i woould help a homeless person or someone who is down on their luck, because honestly i already have done so.....If everyone would help just one person what a better world this would b...e...Matter of fact ive helped more then one and will continue to do so as long as i can....Its just the way i am, people can laugh at me or whatever its the way i was raised....Not how much you do its the spirit in which you do it...Just hope some day someone else will pass this along...If nothing else just to have the good feeling they helped someone other then theirselves...God bless and have a wonderful day
Wow

Columbus, OH

#23 Apr 21, 2011
fiery buddha wrote:
wow. i watched a similar case on television and it broke my heart - plus made me gag. the person's tissue was fused to the couch upholstery. how does one get like this? and how many have fallen into this trend?
what's up w/our world that this can happen? weird.
Wow, that's sad. Him and Donna, who wants to become the fattest woman, would have made a cute couple.
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/nj_woman_a...
Wow

Columbus, OH

#24 Apr 21, 2011
MedicGal wrote:
First thing, this is not a sad situation, or a "that poor guy" kind of deal. This is a perfect example of why SLOTH is one of the 7 DEADLY sins. If the man was capable of stuffing the food in his mouth, he was equally capable of using a phone and calling for help if he wanted it, obviously he did not. Noone held him captive, noone forced him to sit in his own filth. I live in a town near where this happened. The other adults in this situation were disgusting enablers, including the slumlord. It seems blame is thrown around so quickly - "it was abuse or neglect etc...." The blame belongs to the man who chose to live in those conditions. He had arthritis - take a frickin tylenol and move! There was no extreme medical condition that stopped his mobility. He made a decision to sit in that chair and rot and no intervention shy of his own was going to change that. He just illustrated yet another way obesity kills.
This sounds like a new reality TV show. Instead of Hoarders, it will be bed ridden.
Deadly

Columbus, OH

#25 Apr 21, 2011
Non-believers take note, this man sinned with gluttony and being a sloth. This man is now dead. Dead by his own fork.
Disgusting

Columbus, OH

#26 Apr 21, 2011
Fat assism is taking over America. We do not need terrorists to kill us, we are killing ourselves. McFat A-s-s. More and more stories like this will become common in the near future as Americans literally eat until they explode or become fused in their own furniture.
Who knows

Columbus, OH

#27 Apr 21, 2011
Malinda49 wrote:
It is a sad story, but he had people living in the house who did nothing, im from this area in which this took place....someone should have stepped in if they knew the condidtions of the man...apparently no one in their right mind would have wanted to sit in their own urine or fecus like that...in my opinion that was abuse...no one should have to be in conditions of that sort....I agree with the one comment what has are world come to when we turn a blind eye to such tradgedy...Its not like no one didnt know please come on people we need to care more about others.....
Sounds logical, but what we do not know is that he could have threatened to eat anyone who tried to stop him, remember Jeffrey Dahlmer the people eater?
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#28 Apr 21, 2011
I'm surprised he didn't just eat the chair.
Blacks R WORTHLESS

Bucharest, Romania

#29 Apr 21, 2011
GOOD RIDDANCE to FREAK TRASH
Blacks R WORTHLESS

Bucharest, Romania

#30 Apr 21, 2011
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, that's sad. Him and Donna, who wants to become the fattest woman, would have made a cute couple.
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/nj_woman_a...
It didn't make much sense until I saw her TURD BROWN HUBBY.

For (WHITE) GOd's sake, what is it with KNEE-GR0WS and FAT WHITE WOMEN?
Canal

Broadview Heights, OH

#31 Apr 28, 2011
Deadly wrote:
Non-believers take note, this man sinned with gluttony and being a sloth. This man is now dead. Dead by his own fork.
So you're saying he forked himself to death?

I wonder who told him to go do that?
NY Girl in Ohio

Syracuse, NY

#34 Sep 25, 2011
this is a very sad case and the fact that people are reffering to this as "typical" behavior is even sadder. Obesity is a legitament health condition even if it is self inflicted and should never be mocked or referred to as "typical"
Pariah Carey

Washington, DC

#35 Sep 25, 2011
"George Jefferson" is dead? I thought the world smelled better today and several young children seemed happy and less afraid.
Spooktackular

Centerburg, OH

#36 Sep 25, 2011
Pariah Carey wrote:
"George Jefferson" is dead? I thought the world smelled better today and several young children seemed happy and less afraid.
This is a story from last spring. Besides what are you a blood hound sniffing out dead bodies
WAYNE BURCH

Clarksburg, WV

#37 Feb 19, 2014
deana wrote:
the landlord lived 2 houses down from him and she works for the city of bellaire.
WELL I KNOW HIS LANDLORD IN FACT I ONCE RENTED FROM HER, HER HUSBAND IS AN EXCOP, THEY HAVE ALOT OF MONEY,BIG HOUSE INGROUND CLOSED IN POOL, I RENTED FROM HER KNOW THE GUY WHO DIED VERY WELL USED TOO VISIT HIM ALOT, AFTER I MOVED OUT OF LOU ANN BENNETS PLACE BEFORE I DID MOVE SHE HELPED ME PACK MY STUFF STOLE MOST OF MY FOOD
BY HELPING ME WITH THE MOVE, HER SON WORKS IN STEUBENVILLE OHIO THINK IT A 7 ELEVEN STORE,LOU ANN BENNENT ONLY EXIST ON CITY COUNSEL ONE BIG REASON RAW POWER PLUS SHE IS WEALTHY, WELL IN MONEY, I GREW UP IN BELLAIRE LKIE MOST IT HAS BECOME A GHOST TOWN NOT MUCH LEFT OF A TOWN, SINCE THEY TORE OUT THE LOCAL CITY POOL A HUGE MISTAKE IT KEPT US KIDS OUTA TROUBLE BACK THEN, PLUS MOST TOWNS NOW HAVE THE VILAGE STATIS IN EFFECT DUE TOO THE FEW TOWN GETTING SMALLER MARTINSFRERRY IS ANOTHER GHOST TOWN I WAS BORN IN MARTINSFERY, MY DADS NEPHEW IS FROM MARTINSFERY NAME WAS SMOKEY RUSSELL HE LOT HIS LEFT ARM TRIED TOO STEAL COPPER FROM A POWER POLE HE SINCE HAS PASSED AWAY DUE TOO FACT THE LOCAL HOSPITAL GOT HIS CHEST PAIN DOWN AS ACID REFLUX HE HAD A BAD HEART WENT BACK TOO THE SAME ER ROOM HAD A BAD STROKE N DIED IN ER ROOM, HIS KIDS SHOULD HAVE SUED UNDER WRONGFULL DEATH ACTION DUE TOO THE HOSPITALS OWN MISTAKE, HE WOULD BE ALIVE TODAY IF NOT FOR THE MISTAKES MADE IN ER ROOM, ME I WAS BORN IN MARTINSFERRY HOSPITAL LONG AGO, RECALL TRIPS TOO THE TOWN WELL IT LKIE MOST TOWNS HAVE DIED OFF SAD TOO SAY BUT VERY TRUE
WAYNE BURCH

Clarksburg, WV

#38 Feb 23, 2014
deana wrote:
the landlord lived 2 houses down from him and she works for the city of bellaire.
YES VERY TRUE HER NAME IS LOU ANN BENNET I RENTED FROM ALLSO KNOW THE GUY YOU SPEAK OF HE WAS INTO BUILDING CB RADIOS ALOT PLUS HIS DIET ONE OFPIZZA FAST FOOD PLUS DRANK ALOT OF BEER HIS LADLORD WELL OUR LANDLORD HELPED ME MOVE OUT, SHE STOLE MOST OF MY FOOD N PERSONAL EFFECT GOT BY WITH ITM PLUS BY HELPING ME PACK UP PUT TRASH IN WITH MY STUFF, SHE LIVED IN A HUGE HOME HAS INGROUND POOL THAT CAN BE USED IN WINTER MONTHS, HER SON WORKS AT A GAS STATION IN STEUBENVILLE OHIO THE WHOLE FAMAILY IS MONEY HUNGRY N DRIVEN BY LUST FOR POWER, ANY WONDER WHY SHE IS ON CITY COUNSEL IN BELLAIRE I THINK THEY NEED TOO REMOVE HER N RIVE THE WHOLE WAY THE CITY IS RUN, LAST YEAR THEY TORE OUT THE CITYS SWIMMING POOL, NOW GET REAL IM THINKING WHERE ARE THE KIDS GONA GO, CITY POOL HELPED ME OUT WHEN I WAS KID KEPT KIDS OUTA TROUBLE ALOT BACK IN MY DAY, BELLAIRE HAS GONE DOWN HILL ALOT PINE ALLEY IS NOW RUN DOWN N IN RUINS, I RECALL PINE ALLEY AS THE GHETOO PART OF TOWN BACK WHEN I WAS A KID, HALF IF NOT MOST OF THE LOCAL SCHOOLS SHUT DOWN
THE TOWN IS ABOUT DEAD, THE LOCAL PAWNSHOP MOVED OUT, MOST SHOPS CLOSED DOWN, DUE TOO THE MALL BEING PUT IN AT ST CLASIRSVUILLE OHIO, THAT MALLL ALONE ROBBED ALOT PLACES HARD TOO GET A BUS UPTO THE MALL YOU MUST WALK A DISTANCE, I KNOW THE AREA HAS GONE DOWN HILL I GREW UP IN BELLAIRE BORN IN MARTINSFERY OHIO, MOST OF MY RELATIVES ARE FROM MARTINSFERRY OHIO MAY RECALL ONE THEY CALLED SMOKEY HE WAS MY UNCLE DAD NEPHEW IN FACT SMOKEY WED MY AUNTS SISTER INLAW LONG AGO LEAST MARTINSFERRY STILL HAS A CITY POOL NOT MUCH ESISTS ONLY FEW MEMORYS OF WHAT IT WAS LKIE BACK THEN
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#39 Feb 23, 2014
WAYNE BURCH wrote:
<quoted text>YES VERY TRUE HER NAME IS LOU ANN BENNET I RENTED FROM ALLSO KNOW THE GUY YOU SPEAK OF HE WAS INTO BUILDING CB RADIOS ALOT PLUS HIS DIET ONE OFPIZZA FAST FOOD PLUS DRANK ALOT OF BEER HIS LADLORD WELL OUR LANDLORD HELPED ME MOVE OUT, SHE STOLE MOST OF MY FOOD N PERSONAL EFFECT GOT BY WITH ITM PLUS BY HELPING ME PACK UP PUT TRASH IN WITH MY STUFF, SHE LIVED IN A HUGE HOME HAS INGROUND POOL THAT CAN BE USED IN WINTER MONTHS, HER SON WORKS AT A GAS STATION IN STEUBENVILLE OHIO THE WHOLE FAMAILY IS MONEY HUNGRY N DRIVEN BY LUST FOR POWER, ANY WONDER WHY SHE IS ON CITY COUNSEL IN BELLAIRE I THINK THEY NEED TOO REMOVE HER N RIVE THE WHOLE WAY THE CITY IS RUN, LAST YEAR THEY TORE OUT THE CITYS SWIMMING POOL, NOW GET REAL IM THINKING WHERE ARE THE KIDS GONA GO, CITY POOL HELPED ME OUT WHEN I WAS KID KEPT KIDS OUTA TROUBLE ALOT BACK IN MY DAY, BELLAIRE HAS GONE DOWN HILL ALOT PINE ALLEY IS NOW RUN DOWN N IN RUINS, I RECALL PINE ALLEY AS THE GHETOO PART OF TOWN BACK WHEN I WAS A KID, HALF IF NOT MOST OF THE LOCAL SCHOOLS SHUT DOWN
THE TOWN IS ABOUT DEAD, THE LOCAL PAWNSHOP MOVED OUT, MOST SHOPS CLOSED DOWN, DUE TOO THE MALL BEING PUT IN AT ST CLASIRSVUILLE OHIO, THAT MALLL ALONE ROBBED ALOT PLACES HARD TOO GET A BUS UPTO THE MALL YOU MUST WALK A DISTANCE, I KNOW THE AREA HAS GONE DOWN HILL I GREW UP IN BELLAIRE BORN IN MARTINSFERY OHIO, MOST OF MY RELATIVES ARE FROM MARTINSFERRY OHIO MAY RECALL ONE THEY CALLED SMOKEY HE WAS MY UNCLE DAD NEPHEW IN FACT SMOKEY WED MY AUNTS SISTER INLAW LONG AGO LEAST MARTINSFERRY STILL HAS A CITY POOL NOT MUCH ESISTS ONLY FEW MEMORYS OF WHAT IT WAS LKIE BACK THEN
Thank you for the update on your world, Wayne.
Magnum Opus

Galloway, OH

#40 Feb 23, 2014
Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for the update on your world, Wayne.
Thank you ever so much for paying such detailed attention to minute and insignificant things.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#41 Feb 23, 2014
Magnum Opus wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you ever so much for paying such detailed attention to minute and insignificant things.
Minute and insignificant? Not at all.

IT IS ALL IN CAPITAL LETTERS!
Magnum Opus

Galloway, OH

#42 Feb 23, 2014
Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
Minute and insignificant? Not at all.
IT IS ALL IN CAPITAL LETTERS!
Such a significant observation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Connecticut: Democrat arrested Voter Fraud 4 min Duke for Mayor 10
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 4 min Pale Rider 3,550
Armed Contractor on Elevator with President 8 min Black Rhino 37
Dear Duke (Got a problem, I've got your solution) 8 min Duke for Mayor 78
The Political Nazi's are at it again! 22 min Male 81
Double standards for muslims, bending league rules 50 min Black Rhino 44
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr Duke for Mayor 31,491
Two fish were swimming upstream.... 5 hr Duke for Mayor 385

Columbus Jobs

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]