More arrests at ComFest, but police s...

More arrests at ComFest, but police say vibe was more mellow | The ...

There are 79 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jun 28, 2010, titled More arrests at ComFest, but police say vibe was more mellow | The .... In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Columbus police arrested or issued citations to 41 people at ComFest this year, compared with 12 last year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Common Sense Voter

Columbus, OH

#1 Jun 28, 2010
I wish someone from law enforcement had seen the idiot beating the living crap out of his dog while standing in line for food... Nothing I hate more...
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#2 Jun 28, 2010
Comfest? More like COPfest, I heard. Busting people for smoking weed is pretty lame. But then so is openly smoking in front of a bunch of cops looking for something to do.
Real Patriot

Mount Vernon, OH

#3 Jun 28, 2010
I think I saw that same guy. What an arse.

To bad the drug laws are being used to harass and control the good citizens of this country.

Since: Apr 10

Columbus, OH

#4 Jun 28, 2010
I am glad to see the police thought the "vibe was more mellow", according to this headline.

I don't see that quote attributed to anyone in the story, or actually appearing in the story.

I wonder how the police feel about this characterization of their opinion.
TERRYJONESisadro poutliar

Columbus, OH

#5 Jun 28, 2010
What about busting the tree huggin flamers making out in front of my kids? Gross watching two men acting like gidy little school girls playing footsie then touchy feeling and finally tongue sword fighting. Do that kind of stuff in the closet not out in public.
HoverRound

Columbus, OH

#6 Jun 28, 2010
TERRYJONESisadropoutliar wrote:
What about busting the tree huggin flamers making out in front of my kids? Gross watching two men acting like gidy little school girls playing footsie then touchy feeling and finally tongue sword fighting. Do that kind of stuff in the closet not out in public.
So why did you watch them for so long?

Maybe you should consider keeping your bigoted opinions to yourself.
EjH

Lewis Center, OH

#7 Jun 28, 2010
Twice as many cops as normal was the right amount. I support this level of police...and I was smoking like a chimney.

Don't roll joints in front of children and cops. Be a tiny bit clandestine and you'll be golden.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#8 Jun 28, 2010
Sounds like you made sure to not miss a single salacious detail. Get some photos too?
Tim

Zanesville, OH

#9 Jun 28, 2010
EjH wrote:
Twice as many cops as normal was the right amount. I support this level of police...and I was smoking like a chimney.
Don't roll joints in front of children and cops. Be a tiny bit clandestine and you'll be golden.
Most cops couldn't care less if you blaze at comfest. What they object to is a blatant flouting of the law. The cops in NYC never bothered people drinking beer on the beaches as long as A)You keep it in a paper bag and B)You don't act like an a-hole. Same principle...
walker

Columbus, OH

#10 Jun 28, 2010
think this is bad, go to red white and gloom,
for the head music this week end...attendence continues to drop every year.....

Since: Jan 10

Dublin, OH

#13 Jun 28, 2010
EjH wrote:
Great post! Hey Libs--you want to be really consistent with your lib views? You really want to call this a festival open to the community--you know, the majority? Have some unselfish dignity and don't light up around people who (you may find this to be a real shocker) DON'T smoke pot in society.

You stupid libs and your utter hypocrisy. "Yeah, dude, we should be able to smoke any weed we want to, man, it's all about personal liberty and freedom! I'm not hurting anyone!" No problem there... I totally support that. But then, when it comes to smoking in bars and restaurants, "Oh, no dude, that's not cool, man, there's non-smokers (or name your class of supposed victims) in here!" Let me get this straight--you think it's OK that you have to break the law to smoke an illegal substance, but you all find it dandy to manipulate the law to smoke a legal substance.

Let the name-calling, "justifications" and usual diversions begin... y'all won't be able to help it.
bosco

Columbus, OH

#14 Jun 28, 2010
HoverRound wrote:
<quoted text>
So why did you watch them for so long?
Maybe you should consider keeping your bigoted opinions to yourself.
I would say the same to a hetero couple. The 60's are over.
anonymous

Dublin, OH

#15 Jun 28, 2010
vwbug wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post! Hey Libs--you want to be really consistent with your lib views? You really want to call this a festival open to the community--you know, the majority? Have some unselfish dignity and don't light up around people who (you may find this to be a real shocker) DON'T smoke pot in society.
You stupid libs and your utter hypocrisy. "Yeah, dude, we should be able to smoke any weed we want to, man, it's all about personal liberty and freedom! I'm not hurting anyone!" No problem there... I totally support that. But then, when it comes to smoking in bars and restaurants, "Oh, no dude, that's not cool, man, there's non-smokers (or name your class of supposed victims) in here!" Let me get this straight--you think it's OK that you have to break the law to smoke an illegal substance, but you all find it dandy to manipulate the law to smoke a legal substance.
Let the name-calling, "justifications" and usual diversions begin... y'all won't be able to help it.
I don't think you should be able to smoke pot OR tobacco in public spaces (although both should be legal for private use). If everyone was considerate, and took a moment to make sure there isn't some kid or old lady with an oxygen mask, etc., standing right down wind from them then maybe it would be different. But it's not. People are selfish tools. And that's why I think we have to restrict these activities a little bit.
NORML dot ORG

Dublin, OH

#16 Jun 28, 2010
I'm sure watching mommy and daddy roll a joint was way more damaging for that poor child than being taken into police, and then possibly state custody...
Go figure

Lucasville, OH

#17 Jun 28, 2010
More mellow huh? Does that mean that they disposed of all that weed that the heiress was flying around with by leaving it out on the lawn this weekend?
McNalley

Celina, OH

#18 Jun 28, 2010
Some nice young guy and gal sold me some incense called K2 that they said was smokable like Hookah. They said they get it from Waterbeds n Stuff all the time. Well, I'm a perfectly healthy young guy. In great shape. No health issues. And that stuff gave me a TWO HOUR seizure, and the worse pain and hallucinations that your mind could ever imagine. I though, literally, that I was dying. It felt like someone was torturing me over and over and over again. My friends wanted to take me to the ER. I've never been so afraid and in so much pain in my life. Buyer beware.
Tired

Columbus, OH

#19 Jun 28, 2010
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you should be able to smoke pot OR tobacco in public spaces (although both should be legal for private use). If everyone was considerate, and took a moment to make sure there isn't some kid or old lady with an oxygen mask, etc., standing right down wind from them then maybe it would be different. But it's not. People are selfish tools. And that's why I think we have to restrict these activities a little bit.
Here you go! The more I get pushed around about my smoking, the more inconsiderate I'm going to get! I'm also tired of people who can see I'm smoking come around me just to the sake of beeching about it! Go AWAY!!!!!
JRW

United States

#21 Jun 28, 2010
I feel sorry for your kids....because you are a complete closed-minded fool. You will do much more damage to your kids with your attitude than any couple's public display of affection. I can't wait until your Johnny brings home his new "best friend" Tommy
For Real

United States

#22 Jun 28, 2010
So glad this annual embarassment is over!! There isn't a bigger gathering anywhere of narcissistic losers & blowhards, except maybe Burning Man.

Nice job, mothers who roll in front of their kids. I bet they use "green" diapers on their kids too, because they're so socially concious.

Is this the same bunch who likes to trash Hineygate?

Good riddance.
anonymous

Dublin, OH

#23 Jun 28, 2010
Tired wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go! The more I get pushed around about my smoking, the more inconsiderate I'm going to get! I'm also tired of people who can see I'm smoking come around me just to the sake of beeching about it! Go AWAY!!!!!
I know, that's because you are one of the selfish tools I was talking about... Hey, I smoke too. I have no problem going outside to have a cigarette. My "right to smoke" does not trump the rights of everyone else - people who don't smoke, and want to enjoy restaurants, bars, etc. I can still enjoy those places while smoking outside. Its not like you can eat your dinner outside the front door.

I guess that's the difference between you and me; I realize that my so-called rights only extend until the point where they affect others. It's people like YOU, on the other hand, who are the reason that so many people hate smokers, and the reason the regulations are getting stricter and stricter every year. More inconsiderate? The way you talk, I don't see how that's possible. But keep at it - maybe someday you'll get tobacco outlawed with your prickishness.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Big Red Truck Smokes MingoMan Triathlon Cyclists 1 hr Bump Thump Thump 2
I Think Trump Means Well 3 hr Give Donald A Chance 1
Robert Mueller Investigating Donald Trump 3 hr Pale Rider 228
Will Justice Kennedy retire this month? 6 hr They cannot kill ... 19
Arkansas Places 10 Commandments On Statehouse G... 8 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 18
Dems in disarray- Well, yeah! 8 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 420
"Goebbels would be proud"/"Stop Leftist Violence" 8 hr Duke for Mayor 39

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance