AT&T/cable companies
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#26 Sep 20, 2013
I don't have a home phone either. Ditched it 7 years ago and have never missed it.
They cannot kill a Spook

United States

#28 Sep 20, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
I don't have a home phone either. Ditched it 7 years ago and have never missed it.
Don't miss calling in for messages either
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#29 Sep 20, 2013
They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't miss calling in for messages either
Channel 23 also has some decent movies, believe it or not. But it's low power so you'll probably need an outdoor antenna to pick it up where you are. Its on cable, but it comes in okay with a loop antenna where I am.
They cannot kill a Spook

United States

#30 Sep 20, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Channel 23 also has some decent movies, believe it or not. But it's low power so you'll probably need an outdoor antenna to pick it up where you are. Its on cable, but it comes in okay with a loop antenna where I am.
What is the call letters or network affiliation?
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#31 Sep 21, 2013
They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the call letters or network affiliation?
Bounce 23 W23BZ - It's a black network, but most of the movies are pretty mainstream ... Passenger 57, Coming to America, Nutty Professor, etc.... Saw one with kurt Russell, where they rescue the hijacked plane recently.

“THE GANG”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#32 Sep 21, 2013
Few years back, I had Dish and it went out more than it was on so when ATT called selling U verse, sounded better than Dish so I signed up.
I called Dish to cancel and they sent me a cardboard box with instructions to return the box and wires.
WELLLLLLLLLLLL,
COULDN'T GET THE CONNECTING WIRES OFF THE BOX
Had others try and they wouldn't budge.
Then the instructions sheet said to get a small part that's on the dish itself on the roof!
WHAT????
I called and told them I wasn't going to get on a ladder and get the small part, and if it was so important to them come get it themselves! GRRRRRR
Being so frustrated, I stuffed the cable box with the wires attached in the box, bulging at the seams, I brought it to UPS.
The freakin dish is still on the roof.....evidently they don't want it back.
Love the U verse!

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#33 Sep 21, 2013
BizzyBee wrote:
Few years back, I had Dish and it went out more than it was on so when ATT called selling U verse, sounded better than Dish so I signed up.
I called Dish to cancel and they sent me a cardboard box with instructions to return the box and wires.
WELLLLLLLLLLLL,
Then the instructions sheet said to get a small part that's on the dish itself on the roof!
WHAT????
I called and told them I wasn't going to get on a ladder and get the small part, and if it was so important to them come get it themselves! GRRRRRR
Being so frustrated, I stuffed the cable box with the wires attached in the box, bulging at the seams, I brought it to UPS.
Love the U verse!
Ha ha ha ha!!! I'd have asked someone to get on the roof and take a sledge hammer to the dish and ship it back that way. Have a few friends who, with the promise of a few beers or a packs of cigs, would have taken me up on the offer.

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#34 Sep 21, 2013
BizzyBee wrote:
WELLLLLLLLLLLL,
WHAT????
Love the U verse!
Apparently they don't care about the dish. I've seen several sitting at the curb on trash day and even seen them in yard sales!

“THE GANG”

Location hidden

#35 Sep 21, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently they don't care about the dish. I've seen several sitting at the curb on trash day and even seen them in yard sales!
I would have to repair the roof from the holes if I have it taken down, so it stays.....for now.
Lol
Better yet, if and when I sell my house, I will leave it for the next occupant to decide...who knows, they may get DISH!
Enzyte Bob

United States

#36 Sep 21, 2013
That dish is about $3 worth of steel and the LNB (the thing in the middle) can be bought for $5 new. Not worth the effort.

“THE GANG”

Location hidden

#37 Sep 21, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
That dish is about $3 worth of steel and the LNB (the thing in the middle) can be bought for $5 new. Not worth the effort.
I figured it was worthless...they never came for it.
They probably would have asked me to take it off the roof had it been worth $$$$. Lol
No wonder...all the equipment lost to canceled accounts and cable prices sky high.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Robert Krutko's new nickname, TURDKO CRAPKO OR ... 28 min dipshatdronetardd... 16
More climate "science" 31 min WhackoBird 133
CHINATOWN DETECTIVE AGENCY LOOKING FOR Crazylady 41 min Seriouslady 10
Planned Parenthood founded on racism 59 min Seriouslady 15
The religion that just keeps on giving.... 1 hr Try Reading 9
hook up in columbus 1 hr ashley18 39
Trump Fills 'Giant Void' Made by Conservatives ... 1 hr They cannot kill ... 9
Planned parenthood videos appall even pro choic... 2 hr Chicagoan by Birth 220
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages