Is Nevada rancher a freeloader?
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#274 Apr 23, 2014
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text> unlimited books? Thx douchy.
If you cannot pull up the 1998 case there is an issue with your browser.

Do a search. Enter this:

"US v Bundy 1998"

Happy reading, dolt.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#275 Apr 23, 2014
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text> yeah. That also put other ranchers (who pay other taxes too, idiot) out of business. While corporation like GE pay next to nothing an have record profit.
Another red herring for you!!!

Do you have any idea what a bale of hay costs these days? Its about $4.50 each.

And you think the feds are overcharging at $16.20 per year for a cow and calf to eat all year long?

You are batty.

woof
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#276 Apr 23, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Another red herring for you!!!
Do you have any idea what a bale of hay costs these days? Its about $4.50 each.
And you think the feds are overcharging at $16.20 per year for a cow and calf to eat all year long?
You are batty.
woof
and we the people own the land, not the idiots in Washington DC.

We the people already paid to own the federal land. Public property.

to get to many BLM properties you must trespass private land to get to BLM.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#277 Apr 23, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Another red herring for you!!!
Do you have any idea what a bale of hay costs these days? Its about $4.50 each.
And you think the feds are overcharging at $16.20 per year for a cow and calf to eat all year long?
You are batty.
woof
government lands belong to we the people.

you are the nutcase.

BLM lands and school house lands are public property paid for by we the people.

the government charging the owners of the land for entrance or water or grazing is intrusion.

you are batty.
d pantz

United States

#278 Apr 23, 2014
Courts also concluded that People with pigment in their skin aren't human so that really means nothing to me, dog breath. Our judicial system has messed up plenty.
d pantz

United States

#279 Apr 23, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Another red herring for you!!!
Do you have any idea what a bale of hay costs these days? Its about $4.50 each.
And you think the feds are overcharging at $16.20 per year for a cow and calf to eat all year long?
You are batty.
woof
No stupid. I'm saying that they already pay all kinds of taxes and fees and ranching isn't as profitable as say fossil fuels and utilities and those corporations pay almost zero tax while making billions, douchy. Billions. I think a cattle ranch has a tighter budget than you think. And the hay is needed to run the ranch while the grazing fees aren't. In fact if you can grow the hay yourself that's more profitable if you aren't drowned in fees to use the same land 3 generations of your family did to grow it. See how your argument just melts away?
d pantz

United States

#280 Apr 23, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are the king of red herrings.
You clearly know what a deed is. You clearly know what a lease is. You clearly know that in 1998, the Federal government asserted its rights in Federal District Court by alleging a breach of its lease, and trespass. If you don't, I suggest you read what I just posted.
woof
My problem with the decision is that the Federal Government isn't supposed to have "rights" to land like this. http://hotair.com/archives/2014/04/19/western...
How does 84 percent of Nevada end up federal property you now have to lease?
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#281 Apr 23, 2014
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text> No stupid. I'm saying that they already pay all kinds of taxes and fees and ranching isn't as profitable as say fossil fuels and utilities and those corporations pay almost zero tax while making billions, douchy. Billions. I think a cattle ranch has a tighter budget than you think. And the hay is needed to run the ranch while the grazing fees aren't. In fact if you can grow the hay yourself that's more profitable if you aren't drowned in fees to use the same land 3 generations of your family did to grow it. See how your argument just melts away?
No, My argument doesn't just "melt away".

Do you think manufacturers should pay the costs of their goods sold? Or should taxpayers?

woof

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#284 Apr 23, 2014
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text> No stupid. I'm saying that they already pay all kinds of taxes and fees and ranching isn't as profitable as say fossil fuels and utilities and those corporations pay almost zero tax while making billions, douchy. Billions. I think a cattle ranch has a tighter budget than you think. And the hay is needed to run the ranch while the grazing fees aren't. In fact if you can grow the hay yourself that's more profitable if you aren't drowned in fees to use the same land 3 generations of your family did to grow it. See how your argument just melts away?
I agree! Higher taxes for large corporate bodies. Close off those loopholes. Start getting moochers of all manner, not just these billies. Nice to finally hear some good sense coming from your direction.
d pantz

United States

#286 Apr 23, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think manufacturers should pay the costs of their goods sold? Or should taxpayers?
woof
I think they should have enough breathing room to have a decent product at a good price for the consumer, without drowning in red tape or being stomped by unfair corporate competition. If you're having to "pay" after its all said and done you won't be a manufacturer for very long, douchy.
d pantz

United States

#288 Apr 23, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
It was never Bundy's family's land.
well they've used it forever. I'd rather see a cattle ranch there then what they're probably planning to do with it.
http://www.naturalnews.com/044670_blm_lies_fr...
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#289 Apr 23, 2014
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text> My problem with the decision is that the Federal Government isn't supposed to have "rights" to land like this. http://hotair.com/archives/2014/04/19/western...
How does 84 percent of Nevada end up federal property you now have to lease?
Read Article IV, Section 3.

http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/con...

http://www.heritage.org/constitution/ #!/articles/4/essays/126/prope rty-clause

http://www.codewit.com/north-america/18461-fe...

http://constitution.i2i.org/files/2010/09/Lan...

The blog you linked to proposes a complete misinterpretation of Article I, section 8, Clause 17.

http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/con...

Happy reading!!!

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#291 Apr 23, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
Before you develop your opinion on things, you should first make sure you understand the underlying facts.
What you or I think would be the best use of the land is irrelevant to the questions related to Bundy and his trespass.
One of these years he might figure out what Constitutional representative democracy really is.

woof
d pantz

United States

#292 Apr 23, 2014
I think he has more rights to the land than the federal government. Wether it be leased by the state or bought. I base that on article 1 section 8 clause 17
http://press-pubs.uchicago.edu/founders/tocs/...
Though I did read that the feds provided funds to counties in Nevada to buy up leases. Probably because people vote based on ridiculous ads like this...
http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local...
d pantz

United States

#293 Apr 23, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Read Article IV, Section 3.
http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/con...
http://www.heritage.org/constitution/ #!/articles/4/essays/126/prope rty-clause
http://www.codewit.com/north-america/18461-fe...
http://constitution.i2i.org/files/2010/09/Lan...
The blog you linked to proposes a complete misinterpretation of Article I, section 8, Clause 17.
http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/con...
Happy reading!!!
woof
my only problem with what you cite is lobbyists have been over running our congress for decades and these are the ones you deem worthy of making "needful" rules. They hardy do what they say on campaign and say they will do... http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local... yet you trust them. I get you.

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#295 Apr 23, 2014
d pantz wrote:
I think he has more rights to the land than the federal government. Wether it be leased by the state or bought. I base that on article 1 section 8 clause 17
http://press-pubs.uchicago.edu/founders/tocs/...
Though I did read that the feds provided funds to counties in Nevada to buy up leases. Probably because people vote based on ridiculous ads like this...
http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local...
When got married I started to rent out my studio. Do you think that my renter has more rights to the property than I do? What if I rent to them for a really long time? What if my grandkids rent to their grandkids? What if I want to redecorate it, does that change my claim?

No, of course not. That's silly.

We're not even getting into nuanced territory. All of this is pretty easy to understand.
d pantz

Akron, OH

#296 Apr 23, 2014
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
When got married I started to rent out my studio. Do you think that my renter has more rights to the property than I do? What if I rent to them for a really long time? What if my grandkids rent to their grandkids? What if I want to redecorate it, does that change my claim?
No, of course not. That's silly.
We're not even getting into nuanced territory. All of this is pretty easy to understand.
did they maintain the property for generations? Years before you had anything to do with leasing it? Do you speak for as a public voice when you decide the rules? Or do you, an individual, own the land?
Of coarse that's a silly question.

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#297 Apr 23, 2014
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text> did they maintain the property for generations? Years before you had anything to do with leasing it? Do you speak for as a public voice when you decide the rules? Or do you, an individual, own the land?
Of coarse that's a silly question.
Of coarse.

:|
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#298 Apr 23, 2014
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text> my only problem with what you cite is lobbyists have been over running our congress for decades and these are the ones you deem worthy of making "needful" rules. They hardy do what they say on campaign and say they will do... http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local... yet you trust them. I get you.
You sure do have a lot of excuses.

Dean Heller has been representing the citizens of Nevada in the US Congress since 2007. While in the House, he was Vice Chairman of the Western Caucus, advocating for issues that impact western U.S. states. Prior to that he was Nevada's Secretary of State for 8 years.

During all of this time, you would think he could have worked towards building a consensus and assisted in offering a bill in Congress that would cause the federal government to authorize disposing of Public Lands in his state.

That hasn't happened, but people in Nevada keep voting him into office. They even rewarded him for his inaction by elevating him to a Senate seat.

http://www.heller.senate.gov/public/index.cfm...

http://heck.house.gov/press-release/rep-heck-...

http://www.nwf.org/News-and-Magazines/Media-C...

The same can be said about Harry Reid.

You want someone to blame? Blame the citizens of Nevada. If they want action on this issue, they need new representatives in Congress.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#299 Apr 23, 2014
Do some research panty boy. All of the legislation that I have come across from Nevada's representatives in Congress has been directed towards transferring public lands in that state for the purposes of economic development, not for sale/auction into private ownership.

Who's fault is that?

woof

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tiffeny Marie Brown 9 min Worried 1
Eliz.Warren Slammed Hillary Bankruptcy Vote 2 hr They cannot kill ... 4
hey now, what is the news on pervert teachers 4 hr They cannot kill ... 13
News Sasquatch Watch searches for Bigfoot in W.Va. |... (Oct '09) 4 hr Hum 34
News Comfort-food restaurant Eagle Food & Beer Hall ... 4 hr They cannot kill ... 2
Why the British left EU 4 hr They cannot kill ... 22
News Why does it cost more to demolish homes in Colu... 4 hr They cannot kill ... 2
Ohio School Prayer Ballot Issue Rejected 6 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 26
Hillary's speech - thread is missing 8 hr Free Pizza 4 U 80
Is Donald Trump Campaign Falling Apart? 11 hr Coronal Stragedy 101
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages