Man fatally shot after threatening of...

Man fatally shot after threatening officers with knife

There are 12 comments on the The Columbus Dispatch story from Nov 17, 2013, titled Man fatally shot after threatening officers with knife. In it, The Columbus Dispatch reports that:

A man was shot and killed by Columbus police during a confrontation with officers this morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Columbus Dispatch.

Oliver Canterberry

Columbus, OH

#1 Nov 18, 2013
The suspect was Jason D. White, 31.

White was shot and pronounced dead in the vicinity of 2156 Gables Lake Drive on the West Side, police said.

White was shot after threatening officers with a knife in an area east of Hilliard-Rome Road and south of Roberts Road, authorities said. This is the Saddlebrook Apartments complex.

Comment: This is why everyone has the right to "keep and bear arms." We cannot be like Europeans and let government take away our guns.
Walt

United States

#2 Nov 18, 2013
Police now operate as military with a must kill attitude. They no longer shoot one shot to the leg. They empty their guns in the person now! These dangerous nuts (police) used to "protect and serve"" the people.. This NO LONGER applies... Incompetence has taken over police and the justice system. You will want to read my second book due out in May 2014, Bullies With Badges...
d pantz

United States

#3 Nov 19, 2013
Walt wrote:
Police now operate as military with a must kill attitude. They no longer shoot one shot to the leg. They empty their guns in the person now! These dangerous nuts (police) used to "protect and serve"" the people.. This NO LONGER applies... Incompetence has taken over police and the justice system. You will want to read my second book due out in May 2014, Bullies With Badges...
but you don't hear it in the media, they only cry out to take guns away from citizens. Never mind you have more of a chance of being killed by a police officer than a civilian. Never mind this "free" country of ours has more of its population imprisoned than any other. Just be very scared and paranoid of the minor almost non existent threats we make a big deal out of in the corporate news. http://www.google.com/search...
The "left and right wing" media made such a racial issue of the Zimmerman case. What about all the cops that don't go to prison???

Trayvonius Martinez

“Seven Days In May”

Since: Oct 13

Hilliard, OH

#4 Nov 19, 2013
Walt wrote:
You don't even have a FIRST book, pedo. Unless that's what you call your rap sheet from stalking kids.
Dude Watson

Cleveland, OH

#5 Nov 20, 2013
Here is some sound advice. "Never Take A Knife To A Gun Fight".

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#6 Nov 20, 2013
Oliver Canterberry wrote:
The suspect was Jason D. White, 31.
White was shot and pronounced dead in the vicinity of 2156 Gables Lake Drive on the West Side, police said.
White was shot after threatening officers with a knife in an area east of Hilliard-Rome Road and south of Roberts Road, authorities said. This is the Saddlebrook Apartments complex.
Comment: This is why everyone has the right to "keep and bear arms." We cannot be like Europeans and let government take away our guns.
This is the kind of crap happening daily since the states got out of the mental institution business. His family admits that he was unstable. Who were his caretakers and where were they while he was out running around unattended?

Trayvonius Martinez

“Seven Days In May”

Since: Oct 13

Hilliard, OH

#7 Nov 20, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the kind of crap happening daily since the states got out of the mental institution business. His family admits that he was unstable. Who were his caretakers and where were they while he was out running around unattended?
This is also what happens when you get a Section Ape complex in an otherwise decent part of Columbus. Bayside used to be nice 20 years ago, then went welfare and immigrant in the late '90s. The results have been predictable.
sidekick

Galloway, OH

#8 Nov 20, 2013
Walt wrote:
I'd imagine your pictures been hung up in their shooting range before, Walnut.
wedge

Hilliard, OH

#9 Nov 22, 2013
What the news doesn't report is my apartment was shot up by the police over on Gables Lake
They cannot kill a Spook

Toledo, OH

#10 Nov 22, 2013
wedge wrote:
What the news doesn't report is my apartment was shot up by the police over on Gables Lake
Send the bill to Coleman..... and don't expect a check before hell freezes over. Cops suck.
Toofunny

Lewis Center, OH

#11 Nov 22, 2013
Walt wrote:
shoot to the leg, with the one bullet in your pocket. hahahahaha. Lmfao. Don't quit your day job.
Toofunny

Lewis Center, OH

#12 Nov 22, 2013
They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
<quoted text>
Send the bill to Coleman..... and don't expect a check before hell freezes over. Cops suck.
yup they do!! Pigs! I wanted to be a pig but they didn't like how (what they called)I used to funny play with the chickens when I was a kid. That's good because they did me a favor because I did good with working for myself. Check out my site of chickens dancing with the cows in central ohio.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dow Chemical cuts check for bribe purposes ... 2 hr d pants 15
Are Jobs More Important Than Our Environment? 2 hr d pants 66
America Held Hostage Day 96 3 hr Oliver Canterberr... 2
Hate group allies firmly p 6 hr Waikiki Vermin 61
Trump may de-designate some National Parks ... 7 hr TrumpScrewsHisSup... 2
Russia infiltrates Trump advisors in campaign ... 8 hr Trooff 5
Judge Dana S. Preisse is Unfair (Dec '10) 8 hr unfair justice 23

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance