Man wrongly accused of murder sues Pataskala

A Lancaster man freed after spending eight months in jail facing a death-penalty murder charge wants $3 million in damages from the city of Pataskala, police Chief Chris Forshey and three officers. Full Story

“Justice Kennedy is a pos!”

Since: Aug 07

Danbury, CT

#25 Aug 15, 2007
Former Pataskala Resident wrote:
I don't blame him for suing. What happened to "innocent until proven guilty?" There is no such thing or people wouldn't be in jail until they go to court!!
Then you would give everyone bail? Jeffery Dahmer, Timothy McVeigh and Ted Bundy. How would you keep them from fleeing or killing again?

“Justice Kennedy is a pos!”

Since: Aug 07

Danbury, CT

#26 Aug 15, 2007
LESLIE SAN RAFAEL wrote:
Why not put a tracker on their ankle..If they are innocent and kept in jail ,they are released to a decimated life.Their job lost ,rent and bills not paid......savings gone(if they hired a lawyer).Why should this be what you come back to.With the ankle tracker and maybe other restrictions.......This also should come out of the DISTRICT Attorneys budget,instead of Tax Payers Money. Just an idea.......
Plenty of criminals have been given an ankle tracker and immediately fled. Filiberto Rios, the leader of the FALN and Matchetero terrorist groups, cut his off and fled in 1985 while on trial for a multi million dollar bank truck robbery. He was not found until 2005, when he was killed after shooting a federal agent.
sammy

Newark, OH

#27 Sep 10, 2007
Present P-Town Resident wrote:
The Pataskala cops are worthless. They look for any reason at all to draw thier guns or arrest someone. But when it coes time to actually do the jobs they were hired to do they want to charge the city and the taxpayers an enormous amount of money. Check the Pataskala Standard for stories of Chief Forshey wanting a few thousnad dollars just to provide patrol and security at the street fair this year. What a joke.


ur telling me IM 17 years old girl and a grown man tried to stabb me with a srewdriver and I defened myself and the cops told me well... he has marks u dont!!! and let the man go I see him every day and every day he threatins my life and the life of my family I have repeadly told the cops this they tell me to stay away from him we live in the same apt!!
Former Pataskala Cop

United States

#28 Oct 15, 2007
Your a flippin moron. He did sue and WON. Stick to talkin about hot wheels cars you dope! Pataskala cops are corrupt.
Rick Bellonty

United States

#29 Oct 15, 2007
Why is everyone knocking Pataskala Polics??
Caitlin

Newark, OH

#30 Oct 17, 2007
get it mann . sue those pigs !!=]
Not Warren G but Harding

Mansfield, OH

#31 Oct 23, 2007
Hey Former Pataskala Cop. Let me paint you a picture. There once was a police officer so scared that when he pulled a man over for speeding he pulled out his weapon for no reason and called for another officer to help him even though there was no threat. You may remember that and if you do I bet you would paint a different picture, I here your good at that.
tequila sunshine

United States

#32 Oct 24, 2007
reynoldsburg is just as bad, i dont know which city is the worst. dont even drive down main st. between 7 pm and 12 am because they will find a reason to pull you over. that man should sue, and own their a$$e$.
ohiohunter

United States

#33 Oct 24, 2007
LICKING COUNTY IN GENERAL SUCKS AND ENTIRE COUNTY IS CORRUPT! THEY CANNOT EVEN CLOSE DOWN CRACK/METH INFESTED MOTEL ON RT 40! YOU DRIVE 37 MPH IN 35 ZONE UNKOWINGLY AND YOU GET STOPPED BY KIRKERSVILLE PD AND GIVEN A B.S. SPEEDING TICKETWHEN YOU ARE RELEASED YOU GET STOPPED BY 2 HEBRON CRUISERS BECAUSE YOU ARE A SUSPICIOUS VEHICLE FROM FRANKLIN COUNTY . TRUST THIS IT HAPPENED TO ME TWICE IN A MONTH GOING TO WORK . AND YES 2 MPH OVER SPEED LIMIT . WHY DIDNT I SLOW DOWN YOU ALL SAY WELL I DID BUT THEY CLOCK YOU(KIRKERSVILLE) BEFORE THE CITYLIMITS . DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT CONTESTING THE MATTER THEY WILL TRY TO SUSPEND YOURE LICENCE. ALL YOU POTENTIAL HOME BUYERS THINKING ABOUT PATASKALA, THINK REAL HARD 'CAUSE IN AREAS THERE ITS NO DIFFERENT THAN LIVING ON NAPOLEON AVE ON EASTSIDE OF COLUMBUS !!! AND YES PATASKALA COPS ARE LAZY F..KS
Rick Bellonty

United States

#34 Oct 29, 2007
Ya know, must cops are just doin there job. You was speeding man.
ivansjunk

Columbus, OH

#35 Jan 17, 2008
Bluff Eversmoke wrote:
Forshey and the Fatasskala Keystone Kops are a joke. Stick to running RADAR on Broad Street, fellas.
What would you know about "real" police work, you loser? Funny how people, who have never risked anything in life are so quick to judge others. Go back to smoking weed and living of the government.
ivansjunk

Columbus, OH

#36 Jan 17, 2008
ohiohunter wrote:
LICKING COUNTY IN GENERAL SUCKS AND ENTIRE COUNTY IS CORRUPT! THEY CANNOT EVEN CLOSE DOWN CRACK/METH INFESTED MOTEL ON RT 40! YOU DRIVE 37 MPH IN 35 ZONE UNKOWINGLY AND YOU GET STOPPED BY KIRKERSVILLE PD AND GIVEN A B.S. SPEEDING TICKETWHEN YOU ARE RELEASED YOU GET STOPPED BY 2 HEBRON CRUISERS BECAUSE YOU ARE A SUSPICIOUS VEHICLE FROM FRANKLIN COUNTY . TRUST THIS IT HAPPENED TO ME TWICE IN A MONTH GOING TO WORK . AND YES 2 MPH OVER SPEED LIMIT . WHY DIDNT I SLOW DOWN YOU ALL SAY WELL I DID BUT THEY CLOCK YOU(KIRKERSVILLE) BEFORE THE CITYLIMITS . DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT CONTESTING THE MATTER THEY WILL TRY TO SUSPEND YOURE LICENCE. ALL YOU POTENTIAL HOME BUYERS THINKING ABOUT PATASKALA, THINK REAL HARD 'CAUSE IN AREAS THERE ITS NO DIFFERENT THAN LIVING ON NAPOLEON AVE ON EASTSIDE OF COLUMBUS !!! AND YES PATASKALA COPS ARE LAZY F..KS
Again, what do you know. What do you base their laziness on? I find it funny, I know officers that work 80 hour weeks and haven't seen their kids in days. Yea, that sounds lazy. Got back to laying in the woods waiting for a deer you hick. Deer hunting is SO hard, I did some the other day, I hit one in my car. Idiot.
ivansjunk

Columbus, OH

#37 Jan 17, 2008
Caitlin wrote:
get it mann . sue those pigs !!=]
You are obviously an extremely original thinker. "pigs"? Wow, where did you get that from? Oh yeah, 1970 called and want their phrase back. I think that with those kinds of smarts you might one day get a promotion from working the fries at McDonald's to pouring milkshakes. Oh well, you might want to head back to work at Duke and Duchess. I mean I am just guessing, but given you obvious hatred of the police, one would assume that you are a constant law breaker and a minimum wage loser. Go back to doing nothing.
ivansjunk

Columbus, OH

#38 Jan 17, 2008
Pataskala Born wrote:
Those cops don't know what they are doing. Growing up in Pataskala back in the 80's was GREAT!!! Wilson was the Chief and Landis was the Capt. Damn!! Where did those days go... I should come home and run for Chief.
Hey! What a great idea, come home we miss you. You mention how pataskala was in the 80's. yeah, there were a few thousnd people here then, 6 square miles and little crime. now, there are 20,000 people, 50 sqaure miles and columbus knocking down our western border. The 80's... welcome to 2008 you flippin idiot! I wish i had my greenmachine, g.i. joe's and star wars toys back again too, but guess what? i grew up. apparently you are incapable of understanding that. have fun in cali, stay there we don't want you!
ivansjunk

Columbus, OH

#39 Jan 17, 2008
pataskalahater wrote:
That man who confessed is a friend of mine and the police lied to him .He was the best friend of the boggs and had been drinking at a golf outing all day. He can not remember the nite in question and was as distought as a friend should be when hearing the news while being arrested. The police told him there was witnesses and video of his car leaving etc. like I said he loved the family and didn't want to cause the family any more grief and if what the police were telling him was true then he was ready to die for it.If not for the over whelming evidence uncovered by ohios csi one year later he would have. The real murderer left dna on the knife,and under her finger nails, foot prints on the floor and in his car that he sold and csi found the victoms ear ring and driver license in.And he used her credit card while the other guy was in jail. And after all this at the trial the pataskala police chief testified for the murderer stating he believed that pataskala the murderer was innocent. WOW evidence in pataskala means nothin not nothin.Thank god that ohio stepped in and saved this mans life. FU Pataskala
FU? idiot, it's called misplaced aggression, join a gym.
ivansjunk

Columbus, OH

#40 Jan 17, 2008
Present P-Town Resident wrote:
The Pataskala cops are worthless. They look for any reason at all to draw thier guns or arrest someone. But when it coes time to actually do the jobs they were hired to do they want to charge the city and the taxpayers an enormous amount of money. Check the Pataskala Standard for stories of Chief Forshey wanting a few thousnad dollars just to provide patrol and security at the street fair this year. What a joke.
Thank you for allowing us to all join you in your dillusional world called "dream land". You're right, we live in a utopia where no police ever have to draw their weapons and everyone skips through the daisies. You are such a moron, you say that the police are wanting to arrest people...then you say they don't want to do their jobs...so which is it? isn't arresting people part of their job? Great argument dope.

Another great point about asking for money. Yeah the police should donate their time and their potential lives to a street fair. They shouldn't get paid, i'm sure when you go to work at burger king, you'd do it for free. you're that stupid, the police aren't. the street fair is extra duty and officers have to come in to work when they'd normally be at home with their families, but hey, why not donate thier time. flipping idiot.
ivansjunk

Columbus, OH

#41 Jan 17, 2008
Pataskala cops suck wrote:
<quoted text>If you want to get the cops in Pataskala riled up ask them why they feel the need to have two assault vehicles for such a small town. If you ever hang out at the street fair you would notice that they are generally fat and out of shape. The fact of the matter is that they use intimidation to get what they want since they are not smart enough to solve crimes.
You are a really intelligent person. Riled up? Funny. They don't have two "assault" vehicles. They have a mobile command center (Oh, yeah which was used when the FBI, ATF, CPD and other governmental agencies came to town in Aug. because of a terrorist scare) and an old armored truck for "just in case". Because there are never people who want to hurt the police, lord forbid they have to go somewhere and need something that is bullet proof. I mean when you are working the fryer at Wendy's don't you have supplies? A spatula and fire extinguisher?

BTW, if you're hang out at the street fair, you obviously have no life and I'm sure you are the pictre of health. So, porky, go back to mid-aged angst because you are bald, fat and have no life. Leave real jobs, like policing, to the grown-ups, they'll handle it.
ivansjunk

Columbus, OH

#42 Jan 17, 2008
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you think the district attorney's budget comes from? Yep, tax payers money!
You know it! Oh yeah, pataskala doesn't have a tax. that's right. but being in bellefontaine, you'd know that. keep you yapper shut and concentrate on your own city...
georgie

Lincoln, NE

#43 Jan 27, 2008
pataskala might suck but Iam still going there to kick some sex abuser a-s ILL NEED A GOOD ATTORNEY is there one in P-TOWN
Close follower of case

United States

#44 Feb 10, 2009
How can you sue when you admit to killing someone and then get mad for going to jail for it. By him doing this he hurt he case for that family and made it harder to prosecute the real murderer. Way to go, you did a great job......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marriage Vows 21 min They cannot kill ... 8
rebecca wild 59 min They cannot kill ... 7
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 1 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 4,986
Mana s Skeleton Found In Woods In Central Ohio 1 hr They cannot kill ... 3
Where has Rowdy been? 2 hr They cannot kill ... 6
Joe Cocker is dead. 3 hr Politics anyone 70
African American Male Initiative seeks to help ... 9 hr Truthful 22
COPS lives MATTER 10 hr Police Crimes 227
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:36 pm PST

NBC Sports 6:36PM
Dalton picked again, Steelers take advantage
Bleacher Report 7:52 PM
Bell Suffers Right Knee Injury
ESPN 8:08 PM
Steelers RB Bell (knee) doubtful to return
Bleacher Report 8:55 PM
Tomlin, Nelson Get Heated After Game
ESPN 9:09 PM
Steelers best Bengals to win AFC North title