First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Oliver Canterberry

Columbus, OH

#102 Nov 18, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
That may have been true at one point, but I think mass murders are much more frequent than they ever have been and their death toll is higher in quantity and almost always takes away lives of innocent people. Urban crime, while tragic in itself, often involves people who are involved in crime - even as victims. I am in no way saying their lives are less valuable or they deserve to be murdered, but it's like going to war - you know there is a risk you could be cut down. People going to the mall or watching a movie or simply showing up to school shouldn't have to worry about being gunned down, but it is being a more frequent concern because white males are losing their sh*t.
I went to school with a guy that turned out to be a serial killer, he was White, strange as it sounds, he was a quiet nice guy, upper middle class, with a lot of inner rage that no one saw.

White Males like him are more disconcerting than are Blacks, harder if not impossible to read.

However I still maintain that Blacks, will more predictable, are more violent than White Males.

There was a 55 year old White Female killed by a young Black Male, stabbed 26 times as she jogged in Westerville, Blendon Woods just doesn't get the amount of publicity than do mass murderers and or serial killer who are nearly almost always Whites.

Also interesting is that Blacks almost NEVER commit murder suicides, murder but no suicide, that is also nearly always a White thing.
Wait what

Columbus, OH

#104 Nov 19, 2013
DayStar_ wrote:
<quoted text>
What did the republicans do about it? You guys had 8 years in office. Did you do anything other than appease the insurance & pharmaceutical company lobbyists?
ObamaCare's architects reap windfall as Washington lobbyists

ObamaCare has become big business for an elite network of Washington lobbyists and consultants who helped shape the law from the inside.

More than 30 former administration officials, lawmakers and congressional staffers who worked on the healthcare law have set up shop on K Street since 2010.

Major lobbying firms such as Fierce, Isakowitz & Blalock, The Glover Park Group, Alston & Bird, BGR Group and Akin Gump can all boast an Affordable Care Act insider on their lobbying roster — putting them in a prime position to land coveted clients.

“When [Vice President] Biden leaned over [during the signing of the healthcare law] and said to [President] Obama,‘This is a big f'n deal,’” said Ivan Adler, a headhunter at the McCormick Group,“he was right.”

http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/318577...
Wait what

Columbus, OH

#105 Nov 19, 2013
DayStar_ wrote:
<quoted text>
What did the republicans do about it? You guys had 8 years in office. Did you do anything other than appease the insurance & pharmaceutical company lobbyists?
[make sure you read the last part carefully]

Liz Fowler, Top Obama Health Care Aide, To Lobby For Johnson & Johnson

WASHINGTON -- The White House defended its ethics record on Wednesday after reports surfaced that one of its top health care policy officials was leaving the administration to take a job at a pharmaceutical giant.

Liz Fowler left her post as deputy director of the Office of Consumer Information and Oversight at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services for a senior position in Johnson & Johnson's government affairs and policy group. According to Politico, which first reported the departure, Fowler would be leading the company's "global health policy," which has raised a few flags.

The president's health care law, after all, still needs to be implemented, and Johnson & Johnson could stand to benefit from alterations to certain provisions. Moreover, Fowler's hiring by the pharmaceutical giant comes after the president's team cut a deal with the industry's lobby arm that limited the government's ability to negotiate for cheaper drug prices. In exchange, the lobby arm, the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA), backed the legislation.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/05/liz-...

You're not very bright, are you?

“With Attitude”

Since: Jan 12

#106 Nov 19, 2013
"Are joggers safe in Columbus?"

A better question. Is sleeping at home safe in Columbus?

Or, are the women next door imprisoned kidnap victims in Columbus?

Or, is the guy living down the street from a perv kidnapper a serial killer in Columbus?

Wow, 2 per block. No wonder somebody asks about jogging. If I lived in Columbus I would run from one place to another rather than walk.
Oliver Canterberry

Columbus, OH

#107 Nov 20, 2013
DayStar_ wrote:
"Are joggers safe in Columbus?"
A better question. Is sleeping at home safe in Columbus?
Or, are the women next door imprisoned kidnap victims in Columbus?
Or, is the guy living down the street from a perv kidnapper a serial killer in Columbus?
Wow, 2 per block. No wonder somebody asks about jogging. If I lived in Columbus I would run from one place to another rather than walk.
I believe you are describing the Amanda Berry case, but that was in Cleveland, not Columbus.
Oliver Canterberry

Columbus, OH

#108 Nov 20, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as you acknowledge that I make no distinction between a group of white males chasing me and a group of black males chasing me. A threat is a threat and can be carried out by anyone of any color. I'm stubborn enough that it probably clouds my judgement because I figure if they're going to do something to me, I'm going to make it as difficult as possible. Self-defense classes are worth the money. I wish more women took them and learned how to defend themselves and use body language to show they are not an easy target.
Another great post especially the following, "self-defense classes are worth the money. I wish more women took them and learned how to defend themselves and use body language to show they are not an easy target."

That's good advice.

“With Attitude”

Since: Jan 12

#109 Nov 20, 2013
Oliver Canterberry wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you are describing the Amanda Berry case, but that was in Cleveland, not Columbus.
You're right. I just looked it up. My apologies to the people of Columbus. What do you think are the odds of a perv kidnapper & a rapist/serial killer living on the same block? It's spooky knowing there's so many they're overlapping in the same neighborhoods.
Oliver Canterberry

Columbus, OH

#110 Nov 21, 2013
DayStar_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right. I just looked it up. My apologies to the people of Columbus. What do you think are the odds of a perv kidnapper & a rapist/serial killer living on the same block? It's spooky knowing there's so many they're overlapping in the same neighborhoods.
You never really know with these types of criminals.

I am very suspicious of my next door neighbor has something weird going on in his basement.
Linda

Columbus, OH

#111 Nov 22, 2013
Columbus is not for female joggers who run alone.

I used to have problems in certain areas, especially running past Section 8 areas, but not anymore since I purchased a German Shepard.

I think a dog is better than a gun since I don't want to deal with conceal carry - now males of the category that commit the majority of the crimes, seem terrified by my dog (huge male) and they leave me alone with I run with him regardless, of the time or place.
Tut

Columbus, OH

#112 Nov 23, 2013
<quoted text>
You never really know with these types of criminals.
I am very suspicious of my next door neighbor has something weird going on in his basement.
I have the same kind of neighbor. Creepy.
Pamela

Plain City, OH

#113 Nov 24, 2013
Linda wrote:
Columbus is not for female joggers who run alone.
I used to have problems in certain areas, especially running past Section 8 areas, but not anymore since I purchased a German Shepard.
I think a dog is better than a gun since I don't want to deal with conceal carry - now males of the category that commit the majority of the crimes, seem terrified by my dog (huge male) and they leave me alone with I run with him regardless, of the time or place.
Do you think the breed of dog matters?

Are criminals more afraid of certain types of dogs.
Linda

Columbus, OH

#114 Nov 24, 2013
Pamela wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think the breed of dog matters?
Are criminals more afraid of certain types of dogs.
Yes to both questions.

Think about it.

Nicole Brown Simpson would still be alive if she had a big dog like mine.

That is something criminals don't want to deal with.
Pamela

Plain City, OH

#115 Nov 26, 2013
Linda wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes to both questions.
Think about it.
Nicole Brown Simpson would still be alive if she had a big dog like mine.
That is something criminals don't want to deal with.
That's a good point Linda.

Do you carry mace when you run?
Linda

Columbus, OH

#116 Nov 27, 2013
Pamela wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a good point Linda.
Do you carry mace when you run?
No.

With the shifting wind it is unreliable and nothing beats having a big dog. The criminal element will avoid you at all costs.
Pam

Plain City, OH

#117 Nov 29, 2013
Linda wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
With the shifting wind it is unreliable and nothing beats having a big dog. The criminal element will avoid you at all costs.
I keep thinking about Jane Jurgens, the woman who was attacked and killed at Blendon Woods by a Black Male who should have been incarcerated.

These are the types of things that make jogging in Columbus dangerous.
Linda

Columbus, OH

#118 Nov 29, 2013
I do as well. Her death is an outrage.
Pam

Plain City, OH

#119 Nov 30, 2013
Linda wrote:
I do as well. Her death is an outrage.
No one is safe in Columbus anymore.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Hightstown, NJ

#120 Dec 2, 2013
<quoted text>
I went to school with a guy that turned out to be a serial killer, he was White, strange as it sounds, he was a quiet nice guy, upper middle class, with a lot of inner rage that no one saw.
White Males like him are more disconcerting than are Blacks, harder if not impossible to read.
However I still maintain that Blacks, will more predictable, are more violent than White Males.
There was a 55 year old White Female killed by a young Black Male, stabbed 26 times as she jogged in Westerville, Blendon Woods just doesn't get the amount of publicity than do mass murderers and or serial killer who are nearly almost always Whites.
Also interesting is that Blacks almost NEVER commit murder suicides, murder but no suicide, that is also nearly always a White thing.
I would agree with this post. I would say your description of white male serial killers is spot on. Look at Ted Bundy - the guy was charming, thus able to fool many women.

Black males statistically are more violent but I think it has to do with their culture and a fight or flight mentality.

Young white males - I don't know what's up with them. I too knew someone who ended up being a killer. Nathan Brooks was the kid's name. He killed his parents as they slept and only really started to show signs of trouble close to the actual murder. I can almost better understand the "thug" mentality of urban crime than the sadistic murders of serial killers.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#121 Dec 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Another great post especially the following, "self-defense classes are worth the money. I wish more women took them and learned how to defend themselves and use body language to show they are not an easy target."
That's good advice.
I have to give credit to my father. Even though I lived the majority of my life in a small town that had almost no crime, he always taught me "street smarts." If you're walking at night, walk off the curb or toward the middle of the street so no one can jump out at you from the bushes or from behind a tree. Always have something in your hand in case you need to defend yourself. And definitely invest in marital arts. He's been getting on me about getting a gun. I have no problem doing so, but I admit having a firearm does make me a little nervous. I heartily believe in a person's right to carry a concealed weapon.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#122 Dec 2, 2013
Linda wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
I used to carry mace, but nowadays I'd love to own a taser. The problem with these things is that it only helps if you have time to react. I agree with having a big, intimidating dog. I think people who have nefarious intentions would likely pass you up in favor of someone who is more vulnerable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pittsburgh Steelers team refuses to come out of... 33 min Duke for Mayor 22
Franklin Golf Car Company (Sep '12) 39 min t smith 22
Kim Jong Un vs da Donald 54 min MarkJ- 54
It's September soccer daddy 2 hr DOUCHEY 41
The NFL is anti-American, Anti-National Anthem,... 2 hr d pants 28
Hillarys emails...ooops I mean Jareds emails 2 hr Male 18
Michelle Obama and the NFL 3 hr Duke for Mayor 1

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance